• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Hard to believe someone like Memphis can become a Smash Debater. He must have put on a real nice facade for his application.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
tell me u werent the same hylian i saw in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmG-t6BKZUM

because it we think kens as good as hes saying he is in brawl. i dont think u stand a chance.
ty in advance.
I don't play ike lol. Also, that was the first match in a ranked set. I won the set two stocking him the last match. If you like, I could post videos of me beating hugs in samus dittos lol.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Hard to believe someone like Memphis can become a Smash Debater. He must have put on a real nice facade for his application.

alright. fine. no one has to actually read my post. but dont comment if you don't understand what i'm saying.

first off, to you, valdens, being a smash debater is about voice your opinions to the smash community. what did i do? i voiced an opinion. so, nice job! your the man!

second. i clearly stated, CLEARLY, that i respect ken as a smasher. every one of you is saying things about how not giving the man the smash respect he deserves. well, i am. i just said he shouldnt go around trolling, because thats pretty much what hes doing. trolls get flames so hard here, so just because ken is ken he can do whatever he wants. nice.

so, shut up. i do not think i am important. i do not think anyone one here even cares what i say. no one cares what anyone says on this forum except if your name is in red, orange, or purple.

also said i could be wrong about ken.

i... said... i... could.. be.. wrong...

ken is telling the truth. hes is the best smasher play that will ever live, blah blah blah. i'm confused why you guys are derailing me about things i agreed with him on and then voice an opinion about his personally. those are some pretty lame posts he said, if we read the beginning of my post together, i said i just had to say something, my opinion. so back off, stop claiming i think i am great or something, an accept that i can have my own opinion.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Wow

This thread went from legitimate argument about pros/joes...

To a pro **** riding thread. lol seriously guys...you can admire the pros, but take it down a notch. lol :p. And i will say...just because someone is better technically doesn't mean **** if the opposing player is far and away better at mind games. Mind games>>>>>>>>technical skill. Imo.

and since we're all riding the ***** of pros here, where's the Aniki love? He was talented.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Wow

To a pro **** riding thread. lol seriously guys...you can admire the pros, but take it down a notch. lol :p. And i will say...just because someone is better technically doesn't mean **** if the opposing player is far and away better at mind games. Mind games>>>>>>>>technical skill. Imo.

and since we're all riding the ***** of pros here, where's the Aniki love? He was talented.
this is also about the best marth and aniki mained link and switched to samus. so gg.

hornysax

Smash Cadet

alright. fine. no one has to actually read my post. but dont comment if you don't understand what i'm saying.

first off, to you, valdens, being a smash debater is about voice your opinions to the smash community. what did i do? i voiced an opinion. so, nice job! your the man!

second. i clearly stated, CLEARLY, that i respect ken as a smasher. every one of you is saying things about how not giving the man the smash respect he deserves. well, i am. i just said he shouldnt go around trolling, because thats pretty much what hes doing. trolls get flames so hard here, so just because ken is ken he can do whatever he wants. nice.

so, shut up. i do not think i am important. i do not think anyone one here even cares what i say. no one cares what anyone says on this forum except if your name is in red, orange, or purple.

also said i could be wrong about ken.

i... said... i... could.. be.. wrong...

ken is telling the truth. hes is the best smasher play that will ever live, blah blah blah. i'm confused why you guys are derailing me about things i agreed with him on and then voice an opinion about his personally. those are some pretty lame posts he said, if we read the beginning of my post together, i said i just had to say something, my opinion. so back off, stop claiming i think i am great or something, an accept that i can have my own opinion.

Wait, so your personal opinions about Ken are valid and justified, but our personal opinions about you and your opinions are unwarranted? We should just "shut up" and "back off"? You, sir, are really, really, really conceited.

Valdens

Smash Ace
Actually Memphis, it wasn't your opinion I based that statement on, more your childish evasion of the word filters, terrible grammar for what you tried to make a legitimate post, and resorting to cursing to get your point across. You completely misread everything Ken said, but you have the right to your opinion, as blind as it may or may not be.

robman1

Smash Cadet
Freestyle Poem:

If smash were music,
the controller a guitar,

Those more technical would be Dragonforce
But those who understood....
those would be Jimi, Page, and Beck.

How should the public judge?

Usually with LOL INTERNET rants... ftw

Iwan

Smash Ace
this is also about the best marth and aniki mained link and switched to samus. so gg.
I know he mained Link lol...and he was incredible. Also, it started about who was the best marth, and then people started throwing out "Well, Ken might have the better Marth but M2K is the better player." And from there it went to an arguement about who the better player was....so i threw out Aniki.....

so gg back at you lol.

Unsouled

Smash Rookie
Actually, Dragonforce are not technical in the slightest. Okay, maybe a little bit - but last time I saw them attempt Through the Fire and Flames live, they pretty much fell apart. From what I've gathered, they're a prime example of the magical technology available in the studio which allows the most mediocre of bands to sound tight, solid and experienced.

THIS IS IMPORTANT. I THINK.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think this thread delivers.
Or at lest, it gave me some laughs.

But, all that aside.

Can we all stop being ******** to each other, and link clips to m2k's marth?
^
He's right.
This thread was made to showcase M2K's Marth, not idiots that lose themselves when a famous player post something.

Someones needs to match MK with Psycho ****** (or any other really good Snake).
It'd be interesting to see who that would play out.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Wow

i agree aniki pwns all. thanks for bringing up someone in a marth thread who doesnt play marth at all. this thread went from legitimate arguement about pros/joes to a link main thread. gg. :)

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Dragonforce are not technical in the slightest. Okay, maybe a little bit - but last time I saw them attempt Through the Fire and Flames live, they pretty much fell apart. From what I've gathered, they're a prime example of the magical technology available in the studio which allows the most mediocre of bands to sound tight, solid and experienced.

THIS IS IMPORTANT. I THINK.

off topic but i have had like 3 friends who have seen dragon force and it seems really hit and miss with them live sometimes they play an awesome show and sometimes they play crappy but when your playing that fast it doesnt matter :p
also Ken and isai were the reason i started getting interested in advanced play. M2K graces us with his presence on smashboards and guives us lots of tips so they both rock the only way to find out who is better though is to play .

Conk

Smash Cadet
Dragonforce have been getting out of practice, I've seen them the first time they came to North America and they were decent, only to hear a later show on youtube which was garbage.

On-Topic: No one should come to conclusions yet until videos of these two surface, and the competitive scene develops.

DaGarbageMang

Smash Cadet
sure, if that's the case, then why is he *****ing so much about brawl and do do do do do I'm lovin it (mcdonalds theme song)

More knowledge, haha, I've been playing smash and competing in tournaments since m2king was still wearing diapers. Skill, how do you define skill? technical abilities? yes I admit he is more techinical, but that's what happens when you practice all day compared to someone who just goes to tournaments without. However f you are talking about the Mind games part of skill, then I don't think so.

case closed.
Wow. I was gonna reply, but then you closed the case, so there is nothing else that can be said. >_> I think I'm gonna own you despite your closing of the case.

M2K DOES have more knowledge about the game than you. His old site with Melee stats and such is proof alone of that. And skill is defined in how well you play so the game so it includes tech skill + mind games + anything that contributes to how you play. Fact is, M2K has more tech skill than you and more knowledge of the games mechanics than you. Does he have better mindgames? That's literally practically impossible to judge, but the closest indication to seeing who has greater mindgames is to see who beats who in matches. What makes you think you have better mind games? If M2K can own you in Melee (which he certainly would) then you can't proclaim yourself as having better mindgames.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
As many people have realised now, since Ken is retired, M2k will probably be the worlds best Marth in Brawl. He already has begun inventing parts of Marth's metagame in Brawl as Ken did in Melee, so where can we find some clips of him fighting?
How the hell did you get the idea m2k is going to be the best marth. Yes, with that attitude he is. Isn't your goal to be better. Pfff.

Iwan

Smash Ace
i agree aniki pwns all. thanks for bringing up someone in a marth thread who doesnt play marth at all. this thread went from legitimate arguement about pros/joes to a link main thread. gg. :)
lol...i already posted why i brought up aniki. This thread got off topic...people started stating who the best player was. Hell, someone just brought up PC chris...and yet you're bashing me. I wasn't flaming anyone lol...i mean, i think sarcasm's kind of funny. Guess some people dont...: /. Basically, i thought it was funny how people started getting all *giddy*, just because Ken posted.

Not bashing Ken. He's amazing. Not bashing M2K...he's amazing. But point is, i brought up aniki in a "marth" thread because this "marth thread" got way off track a long time ago, long before i brought up aniki. You seem so angry lol...

i apologize? hahahahahaha. Chill out man :p

Bug

Smash Rookie
i'm so misunderstood
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Why do so many Marth threads get derailed? Happy funtime picture thread AKA Discussion Thread. Raging about how you COULD be the next PRO! aka m2k's Marth Thread.

=\

edit: maybe my post there was unclear. Was referring to how this thread is just raging.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Why do so many Marth threads get derailed? Happy funtime picture thread AKA Discussion Thread. Raging about how you COULD be the next PRO! aka m2k's Marth.

=\
No, how m2k isn't pro and your goal should be to beat him at least. If you like to be kissing someones *ss instead of beating him, just tell me. But I'm not :p

To tell you guys the truth I'd have to disagree with you guys there. Just because someone is Pro at melee doesn't automatically make them Pro at brawl.

Brawl and Melee are two different games. Some pro's were only pros in melee because of the technical aspects. Brawl doesn't rely too heavily on technical skills, nor can anyone gimp someone as easy as it was in melee. However if you had good mind games in melee, it does carry over to brawl.

A pro like azen for example, would probably be good at brawl since he wasn't very technical in melee and used basic strategies and mind games to win at it. Hence carrying over to brawl since it most likely fits his style more.

btw, I probably have the best marth right now, and am currently undefeated. I can go on the boards and spam all I want and try to get people to kiss my ***, but C'mon really? I don't need to type things out so people can kiss my ***, that's lame. Let's just wait until tournaments like Evo.
I'm only quoting you too say this.

I'm sure that you know, but people kissing your *** is pretty much an inevitability. No matter what you post, people will eventually quote it, suck it up, and defend you. Why, simply looking at the topic now has enduced a massive swarm of fanboys to come derail your post and idolize you even further. They will kiss your *** even if you don't post. Maybe one day you'll see some fat greasy bald guy take a jar and wave it around you and run away screaming "I got Ken's air!! ZOMG!!". He's probably rich from selling your various leavings on ebay (Lol my imagination).

Not dissin', though. XD

Also, remember that LA Nintendo tourney? I actually went all the way back to Long Beach on the Blue line and 2 busses back and the same thing to get their. I actually made it back lol. Not having your ID at the worst possible moment sucks.

jngshin

Smash Cadet
i wish m2k didnt have such a self-defeatist attitude..
if it wasnt for his nervousness/panicing, i think m2k would destroy everyone, including ken. after all, in the fading days of melee, m2k's marth was leagues above ken's, and i am not exaggerating. but from speaking with him, m2k seems really down about brawl, so i dont expect too much.

Veng

Smash Ace
I stopped reading at page 6.

But im gonna admit, I thought ken was good, I was jealous, I looked up to him. Then reading that post, first of all, PC Chris could **** you. Second the games been out a week, and for you to come in and be all cocky? whos gonna take your advice. Im not racist or anything, and I know PC Chris is Caucasian But you sure are one hell of a cockyazn.

Also note how PC Chris owned you in MLG NY last year? Notice how he SD'd twice, and they were saying it was so close that it came down to the %.

Enough of Ken, Anyways I think that M2K is good, I saw a video of his melee, he is totally NOT predictable. Least of said he isnt cocky either.

OT: Who the hell would pay 25$ for an hour of hell with you?

∫unk

Smash Master
I stopped reading at page 6.

But im gonna admit, I thought ken was good, I was jealous, I looked up to him. Then reading that post, first of all, PC Chris could **** you. BLAH BLAH BLAH WHINE WHINE WHINE CRYING
I've been a 2 year lurker to these forums, but this post was so dumb I had to respond.

You sound like a 12 year old by getting jealous over Ken's video game skills and having your panties all up in a bunch over his cockiness/arrogance/confidence/whatever you want to call it. Stop using racist remarks if you aren't racist. PC Chris didn't own Ken. It went down to the last game, regardless if PC SD'd multiple times in the match. That's his fault.

If you don't like cocky champions fine (which btw are prevalent in any competitive sport/game), but it doesn't make them better or worse in the game.

This thread is completely pointless. The best will be the best regardless of if you **** talk for them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom