• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
The method I know is:
Record all moves of a character into your PC.
Use a PC program to slow down The video, moving frame by frame.
Count The frames.
Its a very exaustive process.
Dont try recording with a camera. Use a proper program (pr Maybe a camera is fine, never tryed myself, saw it on an old Melee tread)
That doesn't sound right. He's getting hitstun properties, knockback values, and even some data/properties that we haven't appropriately assigned to in-game phenomenon. He's getting raw data from the game itself somehow, and it probably has to do with some form of 3DS/Wii U manipulation.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
:4wiifit:
Up air auto cancels
Fair auto cancel
Dair less landing lag
Bair less landing lag
Nair less landing lag
What do you mean by, "Auto-cancels"? They both always could auto-cancel, and both from a SH.

As for the landing lag claims, can you prove any of these? Or have you done any of these with comparisons?

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Up air auto cancels
Fair auto cancel
Dair less landing lag
Bair less landing lag
Nair less landing lag
Uair and fair always autocanceled and don't appear different to me. The landing lag values seem the same as well.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What do you mean by, "Auto-cancels"? They both always could auto-cancel, and both from a SH.

As for the landing lag claims, can you prove any of these? Or have you done any of these with comparisons?
The landing lag is really damn fast. It's really noticeable by really anyone, but I had a Wii Fit main try it out just to make sure.

If you want to test it out yourself that's an option, I'm just saying what a small group has discovered.

Uair and fair always autocanceled and don't appear different to me. The landing lag values seem the same as well.
oh really? Might just be placebo then. It wasn't even me who found it, I just decided to post that here. The other users don't go here much anymore ( @Backgammon @Nielicus )

Last edited:

Agosta44

Smash Ace
DK's ftilt no longer whiffs at point blank range. I can't produce evidence for this but it should be easy enough for somebody to confirm this. Fsmash still whiffs btw and DK will also still die if he hits a shield with his punch next to the ledge.
Ftilt never whiffed point blank. It whiffs if the opponent is walking into DK, which it still does.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That doesn't sound right. He's getting hitstun properties, knockback values, and even some data/properties that we haven't appropriately assigned to in-game phenomenon. He's getting raw data from the game itself somehow, and it probably has to do with some form of 3DS/Wii U manipulation.
Correct. I'm super busy now and I'm not sure if ill be able to get to this. Sadface.

Kiing07

Smash Rookie
Diddy got a buff with his jabs. The hits after the first come out significantly faster & it combos now. Essentially it is faster & has less whiffs. Should be added to list as it is important

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Correct. I'm super busy now and I'm not sure if ill be able to get to this. Sadface.
If you have any information you can send me that could help me start this project, I would like to take up the torch here. I'm not savvy now, but thorough research is my thing. Reference documents, programs, equipment, etc. Point me somewhere, and I'll do my best to continue your work.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Deconfirming, it looks unchanged.
I'm doing it on my 3DS right now. If you have WFT stand next to DK his ftilt will hit. That didn't work in the previous version. It's possible that the hitbox size hasn't been increased to the full extent but it can hit opponents where it previously failed to.

:059:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I'm doing it on my 3DS right now. If you have WFT stand next to DK his ftilt will hit. That didn't work in the previous version. It's possible that the hitbox size hasn't been increased to the full extent but it can hit opponents where it previously failed to.

:059:
It is working in the previous version for me right now. No change.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Just using Dark Dive from a grounded position, it seemed to me Ganon went farther horizontally. Dark Dive is dependent upon airspeed, so could Ganon have gotten a slight airspeed increase? This could be tested with a tanuki leaf since we have pre-patch data on that, but I don't have the means to test it. Anyone willing to [de]confirm this?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To quote from San on the Ike boards:

The hitbox fixes have extended past fair. Jab3 now properly hits above Ike as well. That's why the jab combo was feeling more reliable combined with the speed increase. I'm guessing many of Ike's hitboxes were fixed here and there.

Edit: I'm not sure if it was like this before, but bair also has some ghost reach that's longer than how it appears.
Obviously hitboxes are some of the more difficult things to exactly test, but we've had a number of people comment on various moves here and there seeming to hit better. Maybe put in the first post "Multiple hitbox fixes, Fair and Jab 3 being the most noticeable/important"? I don't think we can get the full extent without a data dump.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
1.0.8, DK ftilt vs the following:

:4robinf:
Normal/down-angled occasionally whiff, up-angled hits

Down whiffs, neutral/up hit

:4zss:
All three whiff

It's identical in 1.0.0, I'm convinced there's no change.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I tested jab3 by hitting Mario above me on BF's lower platform. It didn't used to hit there unless you were pixel perfect.

Don't include the bair part of that post. It definitely exists, but I'm unsure if it was always this way or not.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Confirming Ike jab3/fair hitbox buffs.

I can't tell if bair's different but I'm leaning toward unchanged.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Thought I might help with Lucina's Ftilt damage increase. Before 1.08, the move dealt 9.97% according to the 1.04 data dump, and among her moves that got a damage increase in 1.06, Ftilt was not one of them. In 1.08, by my count, the new damage is somewhere very close to 10.92%. And I'm 100% certain that it wasn't just a flat 1% increase. Just really really close to it.

Seel

Smash Rookie
NNID
numbered
Yoshi can no longer fast fall short hope bair to get the first 2 hits to spike people into the stage.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The repeating hits of Palutena's up tilt attack deal 1.2% damage each instead of 1%.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That infinite doesn't actually work

Last edited:

epic11

Smash Cadet
NNID
achrafrises
3DS FC
4613-7611-5770
Warning Received
ness his down b seems to have less ending lagg not really sure though

D

Deleted member

Edge mechanics were changed, probably because dreamland's wind would have given too many SDs to players with specials that send their character into special fall.
For those that don't understand what this means, in simpler terms, is this a nerf to those characters or not? and what is changed exactly?

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Thought I might help with Lucina's Ftilt damage increase. Before 1.08, the move dealt 9.97% according to the 1.04 data dump, and among her moves that got a damage increase in 1.06, Ftilt was not one of them. In 1.08, by my count, the new damage is somewhere very close to 10.92%. And I'm 100% certain that it wasn't just a flat 1% increase. Just really really close to it.
I think it confirms What you are saying

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gFpvVfKRw

Sorry for The terrible quality.

The training Mode registred 10% damage in every Ftilt I did. But in The end D. Pit's percent was 109% (I did 10 Ftilts):
image.jpg

With básic math (109*10/100)

:4lucina: Lucina
  • F-tilt: 9,9% -> 10,9% (+1% more damage)
Edit: The OP only says Ftilt: Damage increase. So I tought it would be cool to search for some Numbers.

Last edited:

LightLV

Smash Ace
@ S_B S_B Ike's been great since 1.04 imo, he's definitely not slow since he has aerials that can punish Sonic's spin dash of all things and his combo game was/is great. I just wish he was actually used in tournaments more.

Honestly if Ike is a rarely seen character in this patch even after unnecessary buffs I will be the most confused man alive.
Why? With the exception of like 2 moves he's extremely laggy. Laggy characters never fare particularly well in smash bros.

He can execute you off hard reads, but then again he can get blocked or sidestepped. And then you get a free whatever-you-want punish because his normals and smashes have like 90 frames of lag and no push.

Not to mention Aether can't grab the ledge backwards, because reasons.

That infinite doesn't actually work
It's because it was a training mode combo. Those never, ever actually work.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
For those that don't understand what this means, in simpler terms, is this a nerf to those characters or not? and what is changed exactly?
It's an engine change. Whether you think it's a substantial nerf or a "huh, that's different" depends on the character and the opinions of individual players that play that character. I'd say the biggest technique we got out of it before the patch was the ability to run to the end of a platform or to a ledge and perform a certain side special attack in order to fall off the ledge lightly rather than run off. The Side B in question would get cancelled as the character falls, and at the ledge, they would grab it. Bowser, Ness, Samus, and Mii Gunner could perform this, allowing for a slower-but-easier to perform ledge trump method. Other than that, it wasn't a core technique to their gameplay. But again, that's just my opinion.

I think it confirms What you are saying

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gFpvVfKRw

Sorry for The terrible quality.

The training Mode registred 10% damage in every Ftilt I did. But in The end D. Pit's percent was 109% (I did 10 Ftilts):

With básic math (109*10/100)

:4lucina: Lucina
  • F-tilt: 9,9% -> 10,9% (+1% more damage)
Indeed, I performed the same test, but continued until the Ftilt did 10% damage one more time, and it did on the 14th strike (142 to 152%). 142 divided by 13 is a number I rounded to 10.92. I don't think Lucina mains care that the actual buff is 0.95% damage instead of 1.00, but I did want it clarified that it isn't 1.00.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
It's an engine change. Whether you think it's a substantial nerf or a "huh, that's different" depends on the character and the opinions of individual players that play that character. I'd say the biggest technique we got out of it before the patch was the ability to run to the end of a platform or to a ledge and perform a certain side special attack in order to fall off the ledge lightly rather than run off. The Side B in question would get cancelled as the character falls, and at the ledge, they would grab it. Bowser, Ness, Samus, and Mii Gunner could perform this, allowing for a slower-but-easier to perform ledge trump method. Other than that, it wasn't a core technique to their gameplay. But again, that's just my opinion.

Indeed, I performed the same test, but continued until the Ftilt did 10% damage one more time, and it did on the 14th strike (142 to 152%). 142 divided by 13 is a number I rounded to 10.92. I don't think Lucina mains care that the actual buff is 0.95% damage instead of 1.00, but I did want it clarified that it isn't 1.00.
The important is that we have visual confirmation. :p Thinking on getting her as Pocket instead of luigi, too floaty and I dont like his playstyle, Also quitting Diddy Kong. It will be mains::4mario: & :4ryu: Pockets::4ness: & (:4lucina:or:4feroy:).

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
:4link: Link got some changes which I checked up on.

D-Tilt 12% > 11%
D-Throw 7% > 6%
D-Throw's trajectory has been changed. It now pops the opponent above Link instead of behind him.

D-Tilt 12% > 11%
D-Throw 7% > 6%
D-Throw's trajectory has been changed. It now pops the opponent above Link instead of behind him.
Oh, And Link's Up Smash appears to have less whiffs now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice

D-Tilt 12% > 11%
D-Throw 7% > 6%
Also

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why? With the exception of like 2 moves he's extremely laggy. Laggy characters never fare particularly well in smash bros.

He can execute you off hard reads, but then again he can get blocked or sidestepped. And then you get a free whatever-you-want punish because his normals and smashes have like 90 frames of lag and no push.
I don't want to be rude to him, but I'm pretty sure he's the only person I've ever talked to who has felt that Ike was okay in 1.0.7 and prior.

Literally everyone else was like "This character needs HELP..."

Not to mention Aether can't grab the ledge backwards, because reasons.
Also, if Aether hits the angle of a stage the wrong way from underneath, it can actually push Ike AWAY from the ledge of the stage, causing him to miss the ledge entirely.

I was messing around with Ike in FG today and that happened to me...

NeonLights223

Smash Rookie
What i found out about MK after derping with the new patch(tested a comparasion between wii u 1.0.8 and 3DS 1.0.7);

MK has a new falling animation off the ledge.

Uair was also buffed, recovery time shortened.

Shuttle loop now has more.recovery (f***)

Drill no longer derps once collided into the ground early. Hits opponent fully and thoroughly (thank f***ing god)

Bair reduced recovery(?) Still testing this one.

Canceling Dimensonal capes ending recovery mid way gives no lag for some reason

Someone can retest this and confirm if they wish

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
folks on the villager board are saying that Villager's UpB hasn't been nerfed and that it has been like that the whole time.

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
samus's up smash links better and kills earlyer apparently or did that get deconfirmed?
Not sure about Link's killing earlier, but it definitely has less whiffs now. I think it draws the opponent in now too. But I hear that the final hit does more knock back depending on where the opponent is. Seems to be a good anti-air move now.

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
The 1% damage nerf on Kirby's upward fsmash sourspot made it KO 11% later, if thats worthwhile information. 146% -> 157%.

I figure this wasn't really meant to be a nerf so much as an "evening out". His fsmash angles do 16%, 15%, and 14%, and previous the sourspots did 13%, 11%, and 10%. Now the sourspots do 12%/11%/10%, which is more "smooth" I guess. Probably also a similar reason for Luma getting buffed to 50 HP; it's just a rounder number.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
i can confirm that wario has absolutely no changes

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
What i found out about MK after derping with the new patch(tested a comparasion between wii u 1.0.8 and 3DS 1.0.7);

MK has a new falling animation off the ledge.

Uair was also buffed, recovery time shortened.

Shuttle loop now has more.recovery (f***)

Drill no longer derps once collided into the ground early. Hits opponent fully and thoroughly (thank f***ing god)

Bair reduced recovery(?) Still testing this one.

Canceling Dimensonal capes ending recovery mid way gives no lag for some reason

Someone can retest this and confirm if they wish
I tested these side by side and do not see a difference in any of these moves. And I simply don't know what you're talking about regarding Cape and a new falling animation off the ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom