• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's broken.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Of all the characters doing well at tournaments, I think that lucario is one of the least broken.
If he's doing well at tournaments, how the hell is he not broken? :p

Yes he can combo, but that takes lots of skill and timing to get more than a fair -> dair off. jab jab fp can be dodged/shielded and then punished. Dair can be shield grabbed fairly easily. While his aerials do have lots of priority and good hitboxes. they can be dodged by a good opponent.
All of those apply only if the opponent mains Lucario and knows all the ins and outs of his weaknesses and have absolutely incredible reflexes to be able to dodge it. Jab-Jab ForcePalm has a fun effect of popping them slightly into the air before the ForcePalm, making spotdoding useless unless done frame-perfect, like Luigi's Jab-Jab-FireJumpPunch. ;=;

People ***** about every character they can't beat. It's not Snake/MK exclusive. Wolf and Pit got a lot of crap when Brawl first came out because they were zomg broken characters, but now everyone's diverted their attention to mk and snake for the time being.
Too true. We just gotta give it time. THEN we'll be able to let the complaints roll in! :D
*pure awesome*

10lucarios
Exactly.
if you say lucario is broken you suck at this game.
If you don't say Lucario is broken, you've never connected an usmash. :D
Overused is just a tier name from Pokemon. --; Besides, Lucario is becoming rather common. =l
lolno. We have one Lucario main in the entirety of Vegas, and he RARELY shows up. I'm basically the only (and I guess the best?) Lucario in Sin City, despite my obvious suckiness. XP

What else was I going to say? Oh yeah!

People, stop getting the reason for Mewtwo's departure wrong. He wiped the memories of the Melee characters and took the clones with him to an island. Get it right!
No johns. That's only what he wants you to think. He's trying to make up for lost time, now. He's masquerading as Lucario to wreak revenge on Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik, etc. and everyone else who's been dominating these past 7 years.
If Lucario was broken, we would see a lot of people ont he other boards complaining about not being able to defeat him, and he would be winning a lot of tournaments. Sooo... he's not broken. Metaknight and Snake are (at least for now).
Give it time. :p

In Pokemon Tier Lists Lucario is OverUsed, which if it were SSBB is what the high tier would be(not top)
He's worth it in Pokemon.

In SSBB, Lucario is in Mid(or High now) tier, which is also known as Borderline in Pokemon games.
Bull****. Lucario is Lucario tier. (That's between Snake Tier and Top Tier.)

I always thought Falco had the best roll, its very fast and it goes far, Lucario and MK have pretty good ones too.
Heheno. We can't give Falco the best everything, can we? :p

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've been to a lot of Cali tournies and I'm the only lucario I've ever seen get in the top twenty anywhere. It's not because other Lucario players are bad, here. It's because there *are* no other Lucario players =*( I mean, the only pro lucario I've heard of is Azen. Lucario's no where near overplayed

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I second Azen. Not that thats a bad thing, but it has almost exactly the same horizontal range and tipper abilities as Melee Marth's Fsmash.

Lucario would be a lot cheaper if not for his aura ability. Now, the matches are too close for Lucario to be cheap, reguardless of who wins or loses.

I think thats what makes Lucario an interesting and fun character to play.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
How about lucario's dashes? Tilt the control stick in a direction and you get some sort of wave dash almost. Perfect for spacing c stick fsmashes.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Forward smash is too goodz!

HOLY ****. AZEN POSTED. STAY WITH US, AZEN! DON'T LEAVE US ALL ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE! COME BAAAAAAAAAAACK! ;=;

Seriously, we need more Lucario gurus. Stop avoiding us plz. ;=;
I second Azen. Not that thats a bad thing, but it has almost exactly the same horizontal range and tipper abilities as Melee Marth's Fsmash.

Lucario would be a lot cheaper if not for his aura ability. Now, the matches are too close for Lucario to be cheap, reguardless of who wins or loses.

I think thats what makes Lucario an interesting and fun character to play.
Too true. I really only picked Lucario up because of the Aura ability once I heard Mewtwo was gone. I stayed because of Fsmash and Aura Sphere. :D

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So for anyone that wants to know current tourny rankings...
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/oldrankings.txt

Ta Da!!
For summer 2008, Lucario is 3rd. I said summer, over all he's 8th.
And this list has yet to be updated. So... what ever new tournys that have happened have not been inputted.

yea...
-t2

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
ugh I still need to upload the results of a regional tourney I went, but I cant remember the names of some of the people who placed :/

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have to agree with the OP. As a Link main, I have to work my *** off to get some spam going while Lucario is just like
LOL CHARGIN MAH SPHERE
and as soon as I jump to place a bomb, an attack, ANYTHING, he just has to hit B at the right time. Ta Da, free 25%.

I haven't really found any weaknesses in his game except for his predictable / punishable recovery. But I'd never put him on the same brokenness level as Snake or Meta.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Overused? I've only seen 2 others in my region who use him at all.

Broken? Any character can be called "broken" by a scrub who keeps losing to him. I remember a thread someone made once that said that Sonic was broken. Hey, if I come across someone bad enough, I can convince them that Jigglypuff is broken.. Lucario isn't winning nearly as many tournaments as many characters in the cast, so it's not even that.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's so broken he doesn't even need to hit with his flames, the air hits them for him! (*cough* Fsmash *cough*)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
This whole thread is EPIC WIN

If Lucario is overused its your fault!!

And guys, there's no reason to argue over if Lucario's broken or not. Just use the same test as you would with MK and Snake. Just get really quiet and you should hear someone *****ing somewhere:
"THAT UP TILT DIDN'T TOUCH ME!!"
There's snake...
"NUETRAL B ONE MORE TIME!! I DARE YOU"
There's MK
"WTF?!!! THERE ARE NO COMBOS IN BRAWL!!"
That proves it. Lucario's broken.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
And guys, there's no reason to argue over if Lucario's broken or not. Just use the same test as you would with MK and Snake. Just get really quiet and you should hear someone *****ing somewhere:
"THAT UP TILT DIDN'T TOUCH ME!!"
There's snake...
"NUETRAL B ONE MORE TIME!! I DARE YOU"
There's MK
"WTF?!!! THERE ARE NO COMBOS IN BRAWL!!"
That proves it. Lucario's broken.
If I were the one giving out the gold stars, you would so get one for this.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I miss the times where it was pretty much me, Milln, Nodrak and Jeepy and a few others around here... all of a sudden a lot of people decided to play Lucario as well and suddenly I'm not the odd one out anymore.

heh I miss being semi-one-of-a-kind. I'd meet people and say "I play Lucario" and they'd go "NO WAY HE SUCKS PLAY MK" only for me to beat his *** the next moment. happened a lot actually. I like being unique, but all of a sudden playing Lucario isn't that unique anymore.

huh, I guess I need to go into isolation for a few days. I need a nice cave that has electricity for my Wii now.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is good, don't get me wrong, it's just almost all characters will go through their spurts of huge popularity due to finding a combo that is "broken", so to speak, which will make people rant and rave. I.E.: Pit was heavily slandered because of all the noobs using arrow spam (which pisses me off because they're tainting the heavenly lol awesomness of Pit, and I'm a Pit main or secondary); there's Diddy Kong--because gave him a bad rap because he has excellent speed and an awesome fair; next is Ike, people whine and complain and b*tch that, "He's too powerful, blah blah blah!"; and Sonic being broken cuz he's uber fast yet surprisingly and upsettingly powerful; and finally, yup, you guessed it...LANDMASTER!!!!!! People hating on StarFox cuz Landmaster is beast...My point once again, is that these things stated before made people in the Smash community scowl, and give out evil eyes because they were "broken", but really there just phases of Smash. We've seen a lot of "broken" things so far and there will most probably be more coming, too.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman

You know you're worshipped around here when you can get away with posting something like this and have people go: NO AZEN DON'T GOOOO!!!

Edit: Though sometimes its well deserved. Your Lucario kicks ***. <.<

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I miss the times where it was pretty much me, Milln, Nodrak and Jeepy and a few others around here... all of a sudden a lot of people decided to play Lucario as well and suddenly I'm not the odd one out anymore.
I don't think that lucario will become one of the super popular characters. So in that thought you will still be a minority. Not the one of a kind that you want but close. Unless lucario's start winning lots and lots of tournaments he will stay a minority because he is so misunderstood. Even now we have people asking why bair is such a poor move when it is a great finisher. I started out with lucario, with a small hiatus when i played zelda, and am now showing up around here because i want to get better.

oh, and i love you guys and all the work you have done putting together such a great FAQ on Lucario. So much better than almost any other character.

Milln

Smash Champion
Kasai, I disagree with your picture. I can recover to ON TOP of the stage from being under it if i'm being edgehogged and without wallclinging. ExtremeSpeed is an easy thing to curve. ESpeed rules.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
No johns. That's only what he wants you to think. He's trying to make up for lost time, now. He's masquerading as Lucario to wreak revenge on Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik, etc. and everyone else who's been dominating these past 7 years.
I thought Sakurai just hired Lucario to assassinate Mewtwo, and as a reward, Lucario got in to Brawl.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Kasai, I disagree with your picture. I can recover to ON TOP of the stage from being under it if i'm being edgehogged and without wallclinging. ExtremeSpeed is an easy thing to curve. ESpeed rules.
Well, if you assume that the radius of the red part is the total max length of a straight extreme speed, you couldn't but yes I know what you mean. I've been under final destination while someone is edgehogging and then curved it and recovered...Espeed does rule.

Timbers

check me out
It's possible to curve onto the stage yes, but given the position you're in to actually do that, you're usually right next to the wall. In an actual match it's just a better idea to go for the wall, instead of leaving landing lag on the stage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's possible to curve onto the stage yes, but given the position you're in to actually do that, you're usually right next to the wall. In an actual match it's just a better idea to go for the wall, instead of leaving landing lag on the stage.
Real G's curve on-stage.

That's an interesting conspiracy against Lucario there Kirby, Gotenks Absorbed. Do you know how much of a BAMPF that would make Lucario? He's already a Saiyan, a Jedi, and a ninja. But now throw assassin into the mix?!? He'd be as cool as Jaffar from Fire Emblem! Well...maybe not that cool.

Lawls at the Yoshi players criticizing Lucario!

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
he's not that good(mid tier)
he is predictable though

he's good with mindgames
Mid tier doing very very well in tourneys? I would say high.

Also, saying that he's very predictable and then saying that he's good at mind games is kinda contradicting yourself eh?

Top Bottom