• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Stages

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Um Make the platforms work for you. We don't need larger stages to work the fsmash/as "Magic". Fsmash should definitely not be spammed. Battlefield allows you to use utilt,upsmash, and uair a lot better than on other levels. Lucario has amazing platform game.
But is it better than Marth's/Meta Knight's?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Um Make the platforms work for you. We don't need larger stages to work the fsmash/as "Magic". Fsmash should definitely not be spammed. Battlefield allows you to use utilt,upsmash, and uair a lot better than on other levels. Lucario has amazing platform game.
Inb4 dislike of Upsmash by other people.

Yea lee is right.
Sure Nair covers more "ground" but Up-tilt is just the right height to snag people on ledges. Battlefield makes you divert from large scale attacks to smaller ones.
Like a change in tactics based on location.
-t2

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Inb4 dislike of Upsmash by other people.

Yea lee is right.
Sure Nair covers more "ground" but Up-tilt is just the right height to snag people on ledges. Battlefield makes you divert from large scale attacks to smaller ones.
Like a change in tactics based on location.
-t2
Cept I'm pretty sure a bunch of tournament-viable characters still beat us there. <<

I'd imagine we'd do fine though until we run into a meta knight/marf/snake...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Also, dair works in some ways better on BF, as the platforms help prevent shieldgrabbing from becoming an option, and allows you to perform dair very quickly, leaving only usmashes/utilts to worry about. That, and our utilt snags plenty of people above on a platform. Couple that with bair, nair, uair, and AS mindgames, and BF can still easily be accessible to lucario (although he won't do as well against characters with better platform pressure).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, and how stage banning works. Is it just like "I choose Battlefield" "Oh no you don't!" "I counterpick Halberd!" Or something?
I'm sorry, I just had to lol at this. :laugh:

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I think Lucario does exceptional against Marth on Battlefield. I would say Mk has the advantage here though, slightly. No clinging and easy gimping :/. Lucario uses platforms better than Marth though. When I fought Roy R (Best Marth in the world imo) last tourney our first match was Battlefield on random. I 2 stocked him. Then he picked FD and I got 2 stocked. 3rd Game i picked yoshi and won with like 1 stock 150%. I just find Marth has trouble making his reach work for him on Yoshi/Battlefield.

Timbers

check me out
I find it really hard to believe that we can abuse plats moreso than Marth can, as I personally feel Luc's plat pressure in general is poor. FD is a very straightforward stage though, so maybe chances are you're one of the few, if not the first, competent Lucarios he's played, and wasn't sure how to handle you on stages not called FD, which is essentially rather straightforward no matter what matchup you're playing (or moreso than the likes of final destination or yoshi's island)

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
No, he plays Rocket Trainer like all the time. Or used to anyway, so he has a lot of Lucario experience. Lucario's platform pressure is amazing though, a lot better than Marth's imo. our moves just link a lot better here. I play marth too and i even rather it a lot more with Lucario. Fsmash is actually good here too.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
um if your a campy lucario then FD. thats what i love XD except if ur facing evil people like ddd. if i were to face big threats like that i would take the lead and clock him out on smashville standing on that platform alot XD but overall i like fd, smashville, and yoshis

Timbers

check me out
No, he plays Rocket Trainer like all the time. Or used to anyway, so he has a lot of Lucario experience. Lucario's platform pressure is amazing though, a lot better than Marth's imo. our moves just link a lot better here. I play marth too and i even rather it a lot more with Lucario. Fsmash is actually good here too.
I agree that fsmash is really good here, but Luc really has nothing that keeps him very safe while attempting to add pressure. Marth's ff uair>utilt is very annoying at eating shields and all of his aerials have a lot of shield push and stun, whereas Luc's aerials are pretty weak in that respect.

He can string here better than Marth, but overall plat pressure I think would go to Marth. Next time you play Roy_R, maybe ask him what he thinks of the matchup on BF compared to other stages? I'm intrigued what he would say.
um if your a campy lucario then FD. thats what i love XD except if ur facing evil people like ddd. if i were to face big threats like that i would take the lead and clock him out on smashville standing on that platform alot XD but overall i like fd, smashville, and yoshis
Love smashville.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
which stage is good for practicing lucario's air game? i usually play in FD or BF to practice.

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
rainbow cruise should be banned...
I agree I hate this stage. Its way too big as well as cumbersome to avoid and fight the opponent. If only spear pillar was availible i would never lose. I can up tilt the opponent untill they reach 999.:laugh:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah, Rainbow Cruise SHOULD be banned. Seriously, if Mushroomy Kingdom is banned, so should this.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I agree I hate this stage. Its way too big as well as cumbersome to avoid and fight the opponent. If only spear pillar was availible i would never lose. I can up tilt the opponent untill they reach 999.:laugh:
Is your opponent player 2 with no controller plugged in?

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Hey guys well the tournament I was going to got cancelled. Thanks for your help! Will use it next tourney.

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
personally, rainbow cruise is one of my all time favorite maps to play on with any character. you just have to know the stage and how to work with it to stomp your opponent. personally, i think my air game is better on this stage than most, and with all the space, its easy to gimp others, and pretty easy to recover because there's multiple platforms to land on.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
your kidding, your kidding right? I mean its okay for a casual match but come on......... in a tournament we can't even use our full potential because we have to keep up with stage , especially since the platforms arent exactly battle friendly. but if its your favorite stage that's fine with me. and your right its ridiculously easy to recover. oh and umm welcome to the lucario boards. ;)

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow Cruise can be appropriate pick vs inexperienced players. Just take into consideration the means of recovery your opponent has and then pick the stage based on your opponents skill. Characters like Wolf, Ike, and etc will probably find their way off a few times. Although, Lucario would not be my pick for that stage.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Personally, Delfino is just enough movement for a stage for me.
Rainbow Cruise, much to much.
-t2

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
Cruise definitely isn't my first pick for a stage, its just a fun one to play on. I used to despise it thoroughly, but having to play there just about every other set when playing with Hunger you get used to it after a while, then it starts to grow on you. After playing crazy as **** wario DI there and metaknight, you get better each time.

Delfino is another of my favorites, but its not the best for me.

And thanks for the welcome :)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Rainbow Cruise good for casual? Not even! I'd pick that new DK level over Rainbow Cruise. I play on Spear Pillar and even Port Town Aero Dive sometimes. Rainbow Cruise is suckishness, and I hate it when the stage just drops and you get killed for it. Getting hit by cars and losing your sense of direction is much more fun IMO.

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
Rainbow Cruise good for casual? Not even! I'd pick that new DK level over Rainbow Cruise. I play on Spear Pillar and even Port Town Aero Dive sometimes. Rainbow Cruise is suckishness, and I hate it when the stage just drops and you get killed for it. Getting hit by cars and losing your sense of direction is much more fun IMO.
To me, all that is saying is you suck at that map, get to know it better and you won't die from it "dropping". Also, spear pillar??? and i hope to god you arent talking about 75m...

to be able to play any map, you just have to learn how it works, and if you're too lazy to do that, then i guess good luck when someone CP's it against you.

even if you don't like playing the map, you should definitely get to know it at least a bit, in case someone decides to take you there.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Don't Dish on Spear Pillar.

"Jump into the beam for DOUBLE LIFE!!"
PEWWWWWWW (1up)
XD
-t2

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Despite spear pillar being lucario's homestage I dislike it a bit. The random pokemon in the background make planning strategies really hard especially if its dialga where he reverses your controls. instead of gimping someone i end up SDing

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I love Spear Pillar and Rainbow Cruise both. Their luck field generates the same frequencies as my Lucario, resulting in profit. The stages gimp my opponents, but never me. I've even managed to react fast enough to Palkia's control reversal to save myself when it happens in the middle of the startup lag of ES.:)

Why are we even talking about Rainbow Cruise so much?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Despite spear pillar being lucario's homestage I dislike it a bit. The random pokemon in the background make planning strategies really hard especially if its dialga where he reverses your controls. instead of gimping someone i end up SDing
When this happens I just hold the controller upsidedown in my hand. I cant adjust to the point of I just stop moving till its flipped. So flip the controls, flip the controller.
I know the loophole of your plans Dialga!!
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
When this happens I just hold the controller upsidedown in my hand. I cant adjust to the point of I just stop moving till its flipped. So flip the controls, flip the controller.
I know the loophole of your plans Dialga!!
-t2
Spear Pillar is the only place I'm willing to switch to Nunchuk +Wiimote, since all you have to do on the warping part is flip the nunchuk upside-down.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
so thats how to beat Dialga.. well on a lesser problem I dislike cresseliia as well i mean i use her against my opponents but the energy shots usually interupt my combos or getting star ko'd if using aerials.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
RC is a good CP if you are good on RC. But, if you just CP'd it because you think it's an automatic win vs. Olimar, then you'll likely SD. Honestly, Lucario is neutral on RC IMO. It's more about how well you know the stage and how well your opponent knows the stage, then it comes down to brawling. I wouldn't recommend it unless you practice on it or know it well.

My favorite CPs are Delfino and Frigate. Delfino's water leads to great early Dair KOs and makes it easier to live, and Frigate messes with a good portion of characters. I love doing a Bthrow to Fair to Fair when the stage first starts, and it's generally easy to live longer on it.

Also, we need to discuss Castle Siege, instead of a nonlegal stage like Spear Pillar. :|

AuraKid

Smash Cadet
I would go with smashville and try knocking people under the stage. It doesnt work well for those with long recoveries AKA Metaknight Pit and ROB

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Fine.. kill the Spear Pillar fun.

Anywho, Castle Siege, dont go here vs. Boswer. Or if you do, stay away from the sides, all it takes is one f-throw to Fair and its over.

hmm... the changing of the course is like 4 stages. Small, Statues, Lava and Endless.
-t2

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
Castle Siege is a great map for lucario, its got flat walls on both sides, decent boundaries on the first and third parts, and you can throw people off the sides at a relatively low percent with f or b throw. But, and character that has a chain grab or a great grab game/ pivot grab will probably beat you. If your feeling ballsy and decide to go there, avoid the sides. If your own grab game is exceptional, go here a lot, but get used to using the walls one the first stage and the tippy-ness of the third.

Frigate is always a fun one to go one, but make sure you can wall cling when you need to. Also, avoid warios in the middle on the upside down part. He has an infinite against most if not all characters there on the slopes.

Top Bottom