• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Brainstorm Thread (Updating Soon.)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fair->footstool is probably the best thing against a shield-grabbing Dedede. I'm starting to do this more against anyone who shields the fair.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
kk... past the footstool....
Did you read what I also said? "You can cancel a foxtrot by buffering a duck."
This means that you basically have a WD! Well... knida... Brawls version of a WD that is.
The applications for this is (I am going to refer to it as BFT):

BFT> jab
BFT> tilt's
BFT> pivot grab
BFT> force palm
BFT> sphere charge/sphere
BFT> Smash attack (you can out range and space by BFTing back and using a FSmash where you just where)

I see possible combo's and spacing options with this.

ps If this is known the my apologies.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
kk... past the footstool....
Did you read what I also said? "You can cancel a foxtrot by buffering a duck."
This means that you basically have a WD! Well... knida... Brawls version of a WD that is.
The applications for this is (I am going to refer to it as BFT):

BFT> jab
BFT> tilt's
BFT> pivot grab
BFT> force palm
BFT> sphere charge/sphere
BFT> Smash attack (you can out range and space by BFTing back and using a FSmash where you just where)

ps If this is known the my apologies.
nvm ignore this Phil explained it for me. but how do you perform the naritake step with Lucario.

saviorslegacy

I think it's called the "naritake step", and I agree that it's quite amazing, now that I've used it more and more often.
Narituke step is Sheiks.... and it is way harder since you also pivot when you perform, and the timig is waaaaaaaaay strict. It is almost useless since DACUS for her is easier.
Initial dash - cancel by crouching then execute any move you want to do. Also foxtrotting with Lucario is too pro.
I heard dat! ;)
wow that might be useful for the close combat.
no duh...... you can out space on the ground with this. (Lucario has awesome range anyways.... so adding onto that makes his spacing game twice as awesome?)

Unknown Enigma

Smash Rookie
Oh snap lucario boards looking leet good job with information on the up grab dash SSK. I trying to incorporate that now. But i want to see the some of application of the naritake step with Lucario. I mean lucario range and WD capabilities sounds ridiculous. Sorry i can really help but i can try to test, so yea you could tell me do stuff and i'll try it. Go lucario boards. LONG LIVE THE AURA!!! ps that hurt i am not five just excited :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Narituke step is Sheiks.... and it is way harder since you also pivot when you perform, and the timig is waaaaaaaaay strict. It is almost useless since DACUS for her is easier.

I heard dat! ;)

no duh...... you can out space on the ground with this. (Lucario has awesome range anyways.... so adding onto that makes his spacing game twice as awesome?)
lol the "Close Combat" he was talking about is the new pseudo-combo I found recently, it's basically a tech-chase variation of the FPCG (which was debunked months ago) that has superior options since it incorporates buffered walking (and I guess now dashing -> crouch canceled) jab.
lol I might have to rename it because nobody gets the pokemon reference.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
You don't have to pivot the attacks, but it's pretty good to do so. You can incorporate a stutter step into there as well. Ninjalink has a video up of him doing it with Bowser.

Edit - I get the reference Phil but I still want that name for my Lucario combo vid, but eh I'll give the clips over to Trela whenever I get some more recent vids up.

saviorslegacy

lol the "Close Combat" he was talking about is the new pseudo-combo I found recently, it's basically a tech-chase variation of the FPCG (which was debunked months ago) that has superior options since it incorporates buffered walking (and I guess now dashing -> crouch canceled) jab.
LMAO!
Yeah... you need to rename it.
Good name though... but it doesn't work in SSBB.
You don't have to pivot the attacks, but it's pretty good to do so. You can incorporate a stutter step into there as well. Ninjalink has a video up of him doing it with Bowser.

Edit - I get the reference Phil but I still want that name for my Lucario combo vid, but eh I'll give the clips over to Trela whenever I get some more recent vids up.
No... the Naritake step has a pivot in it.
SSBB NaritakeStep
なりたけステップをシークでやってみた。BGMはttp://www.nicovid eo.jp/watch/sm1100972より。  
なりたけステップは「ステップ>先行入力ステップ>反転しゃがみ」でできる。入力的に は「661」。なりステと略されることが多い。
The Naritake Step as performed by Sheik. BGM : from http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1100972.
The Naritake Step can be done by "dash input > dash input (cancel) > reverse crouch." In numpad notation, "661." It's typically abbreviated as NariStep (nari sute).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I might put it in colored font, that would make it better to differentiate I bet.
Close Combat!?! perhaps?
and I guess we might need to find some other way to name the dash -> buffered crouch thing as well, since Naristep is for something more specific. Maybe wavetrotting? I dunno

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I might put it in colored font, that would make it better to differentiate I bet.
Close Combat!?! perhaps?
and I guess we might need to find some other way to name the dash -> buffered crouch thing as well, since Naristep is for something more specific. Maybe wavetrotting? I dunno
yea wavetrotting is a good name.

saviorslegacy

Close Combat!?! perhaps?
I called is BFT (Buffered Fox Trot).

Or... since Aura in real life phase's you can call it *phasing*. (Phasing= aura moving from one matter to the next).

Luxor

Smash Champion

bold blue thing here
Just call it CC, thats what all the actual Pokemon players call it lol. You already abbreviate Force Palm and Aura Sphere, shortening this just makes sense.

If "wavetrotting" combos well into CC (haven't really tried yet, but it seems like it should) I vote for renaming it Swords Dance, Lucario's godly setup move.

saviorslegacy

Theres no aura in real life lmao, and if anything, phasing refers to electricity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_(paranormal)
I watched a program on Discovery channel about this (the science between the myth). Little is known about aura, but they have done experiments to prove its existence (it has to deal with atoms emitting energy). They also said that it can phase from object to object much like electricity.

ps Phase simply means a direct energy traveling from one object to another.

Browny

Smash Hater
Did you even read that wiki page before linking it here?

No religious depictions of 'aura' (arbirtrarily defined I might add) can be assumed real. What's better is at the bottom, the 'scientific' tests lead us to believe that no such thing exists lol. I study this sort stuff at uni and ive never heard of 'aura' when used in energy emittance or transfer :/

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Book fight with wikipedia knives.
Aura is halfway mixed up with the electric fields that objects emit. For example we humans have an electric field, it is very weak. At times or various people have a stronger field, which other things can pick up. This electric field was dubbed aura not knowing it was just electricity.
Watch more Static Shock guys, srsly.
-t2

Browny

Smash Hater
So I noticed that the shield stun and shield knockback of a move is proportional to damage. I applied this to Lucarios fsmash today. so many times i have played against Lucarios and not be able to punish the fsmash and it infuriates me because I know it should be punishable by dash attacks and grabs.

Testing this on training mode at 0, 80 and 170% shows a MASSIVE difference. at 0% Lucarios fsmash is punishable by a lot of things. even his tipper fsmash is just punishable by snakes ftilt. once you get to about 100% though, the stun and knockback is so much that it begins to render the fsmash unpunishable, even from medium range with a non tipper. the same applies to MK's ftilt. When used at extreme close range, its still punishable by a few things. once you reach high %, it looks completely unpunishable to me. no one is going to punish a tipper with anything, medium range fsmash is also untouchable. very close range starts to be punishable by only the quickest and longest range attacks, not too many characters have mk's dtilt to use here. im unable to test upb oos attacks accurately, but i imagine they would only punish a close range fsmash, the medium range has enough shield knockback to outrange almost every single ground attack. i think maybe bowsers could work though. Of course, this is all assuming no powershielding. but thats not the point.

What it does mean though is at a certain % fsmash becomes completely unpunishable on block for almost every character when spaced decently. I couldnt land a dash attack, grab, or anything before lucario could roll away with Sonic at high % and snake can only touch you at moderate-high %'s if you fsmash right in front of his face. Finding the exact %'s when it can not be punished on block for each character would be pointless, as stale moves affect this, as well as stock buffers so it would very rarely be accurate. but its something to keep in mind imo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That might explain what I've been seeing with AS's weird "behavior" at high percents. It seems that's it grows a second hitbox or something, lol, because at really high percents, it just seems that even when it is PS'd, it'll still dish out some shield stun so they can't move as quickly. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I've seen a PS shield them, and it seems they have a little difficulty punishing oos.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Am I the only one who does this?

Sometimes(or rarely) when I approach someone, I tend to jump, charge the AS, and then AD quickly. I tend to do this to mindgame the opponent so they will think that I will either 1.Shoot the AS or 2. Use an aerial. And to make it more confusing, I tend to jump in random directions and do it. From what I've seen, it helps approaching options while keeping your AS charged.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord

Sometimes(or rarely) when I approach someone, I tend to jump, charge the AS, and then AD quickly. I tend to do this to mindgame the opponent so they will think that I will either 1.Shoot the AS or 2. Use an aerial. And to make it more confusing, I tend to jump in random directions and do it. From what I've seen, it helps approaching options while keeping your AS charged.
I think Milln made a video of that somewhere.....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

theres a vid of trela doing this against dojo into a reverse pivot grab. its sexy lookin as hell

Meh, just some ideas, I'd like to know if any of these would be worth looking into more;

So, I was thinking of other ways to start the CCC. I was thinking maybe a SHFFUair? The landing lag isn't all that bad, maybe 1-3 frames or so. Would this be a good idea?

I was also thinking of ways to use FSmash's lag for mindgames. For example, yesterday I was playing against a friend IRL. Whenever there was a chance for him to FTilt, I expected it. So, I would either PS or SD. Wrong. The lag of the FSmash was just enough so that the hitbox would come out when my sotdodge ended/shield went down, and I got hit by the brunt of the attack. This happened about 5-6 times ._."

I was also messing around with grounded ES. I noticed that whenever you pressed down, Luc went back. When used right at the edge of a stage, you can instantly edgehog. Works by pressing forward too, granted you are facing away from the stage. This could be really useful for edgehogging quickly.

I hope this doesn't let you guys down like my last suggestion. :x

Top Bottom