• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Brainstorm Thread (Updating Soon.)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I've been feeling this way for a long time, but now I realize exactly what it is that's wrong.

Quite frankly, I think this is the main reason behind Lucario's decline: Almost every single one of the senior members on our boards is a complete sad sack. A lot of you guys have absolutely no faith in your character. Instead, you complain about his shortcomings 24/7 and whine about how you have no tournament representation. Seriously, just change your main already.

It really gets on my nerves. Lucario has a lot more potential to unlock, but every time someone talks about trying something new, people will quite literally parachute in and cut them off at the pass. It's become fashionable to sit back and shut down potential contributors to the metagame with an "I'm-more-experienced-than-you" tone in your voice. It's genuinely pissing me off. There is absolutely nothing to gain from being so close-minded. GET ***** AND SHAPE UP!

Lucario is chill, but he's got some fire in that aura of his. No more apathy, for god's sake.

In the spirit of what I said earlier, I give you:

The Lucario Brainstorm Thread

In This Here Thread we will discuss strategies don't currently have anything to do with Lucario's current metagame. I would like more than anything to make sure that no ideas get stomped on prematurely, because I really think this is what killed the Lucario boards in the past months. If you have a cooky idea, SHARE IT! You never know what good can come out of it. We are looking for ways to expand Lucarios metagame. If you have any ideas that you haven't shared because you didn't think they'd be important or useful, this is the place for them. We're gonna take poop and make gold! Also Note: This thread does not serve the same purpose as the metagame discussion thread, because in here we discuss new ideas instead of already established ones.

Important Note: There will be no bashing/skepticism aimed at the ideas or posters in this thread, unless of course is obviously obvious trolling. Every idea will be considered to its fullest extent.

Here's how we're gonna start out.
-I will categorize all potential ideas, strategies, mindgames, etc. into a list of to-do's. Research WILL be done on every idea that even makes an iota of sense, and the jobs will all be put into a "research list". Any board member can take it upon himself to do research into any area. At the end of the day, we'll compile our findings (any things like tables, charts, lists, or other SCIENTIFIC! things are chiefly what we're looking for) to our "conclusions list".

I can't do this alone! I need your help. If we work on it, we can potentially employ new strategies and discover abilities we didn't even know we had.

Let's get crackin'! I'll contribute some ideas to get us started. As soon as someone presents and idea or the results of research, I'll update the OP.

TL ; DR: This is how we operate:
Step 1: Someone presents an idea.
Step 2: The idea is refined and then posted in the "Current Investigations" section
Step 3: Someone volunteers to do research on said idea.
Step 4: The results are reported, and then they will be posted in the "Conclusions" section.

About Empirical and In-Game Studies- An Empirical Study is something that we just need to test out (usually on 36 characters). It's something that gives us concrete numbers. We need SCIENCE! and Mathcarios!
An In-Game Study is something that everyone can help out with, so there's no reason not to. Are you playing friendlies with someone? Try out the things suggested in the In-Game Study. You might find a mindgame or strategy you really like, or you might find something to be totally useless or hard to perform. Whatever your experience is, report it to this thread, and we can get some more info on the actual viability of our wacky new ideas. Anyone can help with this, so please do. Help out your fellow Lucarios.

-Recently in this thread:

7/09/09: I get off my lazy butt and start doing some updating again.
7/09/09: SSK has discovered that our Dash Attack can send opponents forward instead of backward. It is currently thought that this occurs when the dash attack hits an opponent whose feet are not touching the ground (in the air). He found a nifty combo that might work as well (see the Combo, Set-ups, Strings, and Traps section in the Conclusions for more) Look for more ways to use this guys! This could be useful!
7/09/09: Phil posts his findings on jabbing out of a FP grab. FPCGing is "back on the map" as phil puts it.
7/11/09: Some new stuff on pummeling is brought to the thread by SuSa
7/12/09: I took the Zelda board's findings on B-reversal DI and try to apply it to Lucario

Open-ended Questions:
This is a new section for questions or ideas that we haven't refined into objective questions yet. I'm placing them here for everyone's consideration. Think about these, and see if you can conceive any possible techniques. If something comes up, I'll put it in the investigations section for testing.

Footstools:​
The Question: Are there any combos, gimps, setups, or other ideas for Lucario's footstool? We have already observed other characters employing their footstool with great effect (such as Sheik and ZZS).

Jab Cancel/A>A>___:
The Question: What options do we have for finishing the standard A combo besides just A?
Some ideas:
Double Team- Punishes retaliatory jabs and nairs,
Reverse Utilt- Very quick hitbox behind Lucario and it sets up for juggling,
Grab- Punishes shielding.
Force Palm Grab- The standard noob's combo that supposedly doesn't work but still does quite a lot.
Dtilt- Just another option really. More spammable that Utilt and can probably poke smaller shields.

Move Decay:
The Question: We have observed some characters utilizing combos that only work with move decay (such as Pikachu and his odd chaingrabs). What potential combos/set-ups/etc. can Lucario do with high move decay in a certain move.

Also, I realize that Lucario has an aura boost that can add bad to the knockback, but that doesn't mean move decay shenanigans are not possible. They are only more complex. In fact, what if move decay and aura boost can combine together in a way that gives unique knockback ratios to certain moves? It's a possibility, and that's what this thread is for.
Some ideas:
Utilt?:

Combos, Set-ups, Strings, and Traps:

This one doesn't need a big explanation. If you stumble upon any new combos, set-ups, strings, or traps that you don't think are commonly known of, post 'em up!

Current Investigations:
NEW! B-Reversal DI:
Okay, so as if all this new stuff wasn't good enough, we got MOAR new stuff coming in! Check this out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240920

Now the Fox boards have already figured out a way to apply it to their game as well: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240983

Applicable to Lucario? DEFINITELY worth looking into. God knows it would be more useful to us than any other character in the game. I'm not really sure where to start though.

Zelda- Bair>Reverse Nayru's
Fox- Uair>Reverse Shine (or Reverse Shine>Reverse Laser if fox has his back to the stage)
Lucario- ????>Reverse AS Charge=Profit?

I'm not quite sure I grasp the physics involved, so I'm not sure how to apply this to Lucario, or IF it CAN be applied to Lucario, but yeah. LOOK INTO THIS GUIZE!
Question: Can Lucario perform the techniques mentioned in the above quote?

Aura Sphere Charge:
-Investigate the potential ability of the Aura Sphere Charge to wall certain approaches, or other usefulness. The idea behind this is to find out if we can block any approaches out, almost like the way Bowser does with fire.

Empirical Study: test out common approach moves of all 36 characters on the backside of Lucario charging an aurasphere at 0%, 100%, and 170% (You can test more if you want. The more in-depth, the better).
In-Game Study: Attempt to use Aura Sphere Charge as a mindgame, element of a combo, wall, or other damage-racking tool in real matches and report results.

Question/Idea posed by LordoftheMorning.

Double-Teaming Predictable recoveries:
-Investigate the potential uses of Double-Team on damage-dealing UpBs and SideBs as a kill device.

Empirical Study: Analyze the recovery patterns of each of the 36 characters and find out which are easily predicted and punished by double-team.
In-Game Study: Utilize the findings on actual players in a match and determine their effectiveness.

Question/Idea posed by LordoftheMorning

Up Throw's Mindgame Potential
-Investigate the properties of Uthrow at different %s and aura levels, and look for set-ups and mindgames.

Empirical Study: What is the trajectory of a Uthrow? How much, if at all, does the knockback change with aura, enemy % and character?
In-Game Study: Analyze an opponents reactionary pattern to being Uthrow'd and look for ways to exploit it.

Question/Idea posed by ph1lny3.

Force Palm Grab Release:
-We know that Force Palm and the Force Palm Chaingrab can sometimes be broken out of. Investigate potential set-ups from the grab release of the Force Palm.

Empirical study: What is the frame data for the grab release of a Force Palm grab on all 36 characters? Both aerial grab release and grounded.
In-Game Study Attempt to bait a force palm grab release in a match by using the chaingrab or any other method, and then attempt to punish them with an aura sphere or other move after the grab release.

Question/Idea posed by ph1lny3.

Conclusions:
Aura Sphere Charge:
The following are the common approach moves and projectiles of all 36 characters and whether or not they can be stopped by and Aura Sphere Charge. The list is incomplete. Moves listed in blue are things that still need to be tested. Red are things that won't be blocked by an Aura Sphere Charge, and Green are things that will at the listed %'s. I know this is sloppy and long. I'll combine this into one, sexy list at some point, but I am pressed for time.
:diddy:
Peanut Gun- 0%, Always blocks @ 100%
Banana- Can't be blocked at any %
AC was broken with Lucario and Diddy about 1/2 of FD away from each other with Diddy's peanut gun at nearly full charge. Anything more than requires perfect placement (basically on the very right side of lucario's hand) of the peanut in order to break the charge, any Diddy who can do it consistently deserves to hit you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:mario2:
FLUDD
Obviously it doesn't break the charge, but it does still push Lucario, which got some comical effects doing it in training.

Fireball- Can't be blocked at any %

Interesting note about Mario's Cape though, it'll hit you and turn you around, which, if you ever have an aura sphere that isn't at full and you feel like it's coming(a cape, that is), and make for some interesting mind games and hilarious moments.

:link2: -All 3 of his projectiles can't be blocked at any percent.

:samus2:- No projectiles can be blocked at any %

:fox:
Laser cannot be blocked at any %
Stops UpB at 170% and probably lower.
He'll be hit if he goes after you with his right B, but he'll still go through you. It kind of has an interesting effect and he lands right in front of you with a little bit of lag. That was at 17%, I didn't really test anything under that.

:pikachu2:
Thundershock can't be blocked at any %. Fully Charged Skull Bash can't be blocked at any %
Quick Attack and Uncharged Skull Bash will be blocked starting at 100%(maybe lower?)

:gw:
-Frying Pan stuff can't be blocked at any %

:luigi2:
Fireballs can't be blocked at any %
-Side B can be stopped at any % (however, Luigi's Side B is more of a matter of placement. If Luigi manages to place himself near the top of the Aura Charge, he'll go right through it at any %.

:shiek:/:zelda:
Needles can be blocked at any %.
It also prevents Shiek from hitting you with the last part of her Vanish. Unfortunately it doesn't do the same for Farore's Wind.

Still need to test Sheik's Dash Attack, Bair, Fair, Ftilt, Chain, DACUS. Still need to test Zelda's Dash Attack, Fair/Bair.

:pit:
Arrows can't be blocked at any %
Angel Ring will sometimes be trumped, and sometimes both Pit and Lucario will be hit, at 100% and up.

:metaknight:
Screw Attack can be blocked if the MK screws up the placement, but that was only at 170%, and only when I aimed it RIGHT at the aura charge.

:falco:
-Laser's can't be blocked at any %
-He can go through the aura charge without being stopped using his right B, but he has to be pretty close to do that.
(Details Needed)
Like fox, his UpB can be stopped at any percent, but Lucario will be hit as well at lower percents.
Still need to test Pivot Grab

:squirtle:
His water gun is the same as Mario's FLUDD.
Withdraw can SOMETIMES be repelled (without either character being injured) if Lucario is at 200% and squirtle uses it on the ground.

:ivysaur:
-Razor leaf can't be blocked at any %

:ike:
Quickdraw can't be blocked at any %

:snake:
None of his explosives can be blocked at any %.
However, interesting fact about snakes missile: If he tries to go through at ANY % you can press left/right/shield and the missile will go right through you. If you dodge away from the missile, however, snake can attempt to aim at your tail and it will still hit you, but only in that particular situation.
Still need to test DACUS

:peach:
Turnips can't be blocked at any %
Side B from the ground can be blocked at any %.
Still need to test Hovering Dair (from different heights)

:yoshi2:
-Eggs are easily aimed to break through an Aura Charge at any %.

Eggroll can be blocked starting at 50% by an AC. at 0% it stops Yoshi, but also hits Lucario.

:ganondorf:
-Dark Dive (Side B) can be Blocked starting at 150%, however, at 150% it is still possible to go through the AC, at 170% it isn't.
Wizard Kick can be stopped starting at 50%. I was able to break through the AC with his down B a couple of times even at 150%, but it was extremely difficult to do, for me anyway. Maybe I'm just bad with Ganondorf.(Details Needed)

:popo:
Ice Blocks can be blocked starting at 100%.
Their right B can be stopped starting at 150% if the ICs use it from far away. If they use it from a certain distance up close they can still break through.

:dedede:
-Waddle-Dees can be blocked at any %. Gordos can sometimes be block, even at 0%.
-Dash Attack can be blocked at any %

:wolf:
-Laser can't be blocked at any %

Up B can be blocked at any %.

His Side B (now this is fun) can be stopped by an AC at 50% or up, near the end of the move itself of course. If wolf is, say, off the edge, and you start charging an Aura Sphere right there on the edge (with the sphere facing away from the platform) and wolf tries to use his right B to get up to you and recover, he'll get caught up in the AC. Nifty trick there. It might be possible to get through... somebody else might want to test this as well.

:lucario:
Aura Sphere can't be blocked at any %
-Ftilt can't be blocked at any %

Extremespeed cannot go through an Aura Charge.

:ness2:
PK Fire, PK Thunder, PK Flash, Yoyo, and Dash Attack cannot be blocked at any %.

:sonic:
Sonic's Homing Attack, Spin Dash, and Dash Attack can all be stopped by AC at any %.

:bowser2:
Fire, UpB, Fsmash, and Dash Attack can't be blocked at any %
Klaw can be blocked above 50% (maybe higher)

:wario:
Aura Charge can stop his bike starting at 100%, but it can't be blocked if he does a wheelie.
Wario's Dash Attack can be blocked at 50%.

:toonlink:
Projectiles and dash attack can't be blocked at any %.

TLink's bomb can be slowed down similarly to Snake's missile. It's , again, very possible to press left/right/shield in order to simple pretend the bomb doesn't exist. You have less time to press these buttons at lower %s.

:rob:
ROBs laser and dash attack can't be blocked at any %.
-His Gyro is possible to dodge in a similar manner to TLinks and Snakes, but it doesn't slow down as much, so you have not a lot of time, even at 200%. I would advise simply dodging in general, or jumping, as opposed to using AC.

:olimar:
Olimar's right B can make it through even at 170%. The only catch is that his little pikmin get thrown off almost instantly . I was only able to get the blue and yellow ones through at 200%. At 0% I could only get the yellow and white ones through.
Olimar's fsmash is completely walled at any %. Interesting.....

Still need to test GRAB and Fair.

:falcon:
Falcon's right B is blocked by AC at any %.
Falcon kick can go through AC at any % with the right spacing, but it can also be blocked at 150% and up.

Still need to test THE KNEE, Dair (from the side), Dash Attack, Nair, and Grab.

:jigglypuff:
Pound can't be blocked at any %.
A fully charged Rollout can be blocked starting at 50%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lucas:
No PK moves can be blocked at any % (including PKT2).
Dash Attack can't be blocked at any %

:marth:
Need to test Fair, Bair, Dancing Blade, Nair, Dash Attack, and Grab.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:zerosuitsamus:
Need to test Stun Gun, Plasma Whip, Fair, Grab, Dash Attack, and Down B.
Anyway, back to testing for the Aura Charge.

I'll organize it the same way as my last post... hope that's okay. You put a lot of work into your editing there. Oh, and a note, I just did everything by 50% last time, since that makes it easier to do.

Important note about all grabs (excluding TL/Link/Lucas/Samus/Ivysaur/Yoshi): They are all VERY difficult to pull off at higher %s, even if it IS possible to go through AC with them.

-----------------------------------------
Diddy Kong:

Monkey Flip Kick- Cannot be blocked at any % (even with 2 stocks down) unless the Diddy messes up.

Grab- Cannot be stopped at any % if the Diddy knows what he's doing.
Note: This is both dashing AND standing grabs.
Note 2: Still a decent mind game.

Dash attack- at 0% there's a chance for both Lucario and Diddy to be hit, but Diddy can break through without being hurt. At 120% it becomes extremely difficult for Diddy to break through without being hurt. It's still possible (I tested it up to 160% when it was very difficult to do, but still possible... I only managed it one time out of about 25 tries) but very unlikely.
------------------------------------------

Mario:

Bair- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Grab- Able to go through AC at any % if the Mario knows what he's doing.
Note: This is both dashing AND standing grabs.
Note 2: Still a possible mind game if the Mario doesn't expect it (which he won't).

(Note: I stopped doing standing grabs because really, who's gonna just stand there to grab you?)

Link:

Zair- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Grab- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Dash Attack- Cannot be stopped at any % .

I'm pretty bad with Link... somebody else will probably want to test his nair.

Samus:

Zair- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Grab- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Fox:

UpB- Able to stop it at any % (although it's possible for both lucario and fox to get hit at lower %s).

Nair- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Dair- I managed to get dair to go through at max damage (with 2 stocks down). But it wasn't easy, it's probably not a viable approach from the side.

Grab- Able to go through AC at any % .

Pikachu:

Fair- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Dash Attack- Able to go through AC at any % .
Note: However, it is hard for the pikachu to break through the AC around 150%

G&W:

Dash Attack-Able to go through AC at any % .

Luigi:

Tornado- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Dash Attack- Able to go through AC at any % .

Zelda:

Fair/Bair- Cannot be stopped at any %

Shiek:

Ftilt- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Chain-Cannot be stopped at any % .

Somebody else will need to do DACUS, I'm not really good at that technique.

Pit:

MK:

Tornado- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Glide Attack-Cannot be stopped at any % .

Dash Attack-Able to go through AC at any % .

Olimar:

Grab- Cannot be blocked by AC at any % [and yes, any color pikmin can go through] .

Fair- Cannot be stopped by AC at any % (that's any color pikmin, and thats even with 2 stocks down).

D3:

Grab- Can go through the AC a any % .

Ftilt- Cannot be stopped at any % .

Bair- Can go through the AC at any % . This does require decent placement by the Dedede player though.

Here's what I have for now. I'm posting it now because I think I'm going to go to bed, either way I need a break from Brawl.

Post any questions you have, I'll check and try to answer them.

Note: This was done in training mode, so, assuming that counts stock (as I was told it does) then all the information about stocks is correct.

Edit: Also on Charizard I tried Fair, dash attack, flamethrower, and rock smash. (since details were obviously needed XD).

Edit 2: Random things I'm remembering while reading what's still needed. Anyway, IC's blizzard outranges the AC.
Back to this now! New post because editing the old one was kind of dumb. I did it with D3 and Olimar... and just, it wasn't nearly as fun as actually just posting it up. :laugh: Anyway, here we go again. Same notes as before. Adding onto the grab note from last time: grabbing with a lot of these characters through it is a LOT more difficult than it sounds... Also... it gets difficult to grab (with most) in between 150-170. Anyway... CONTINUE!? Y/N

Y!

Starting with Falco this time. :chuckle:

Falco:

Grab- Can go through the AC at any %.

Bair- Cannot be stopped by AC at any %.

Dair- I wouldn't really say it went THROUGH the AC, but it's extremely easy to get around it, even with a SHDair coming from the side. (that's at any %).

Note on his side B: when I said pretty close, I mean, like, right up next to Lucario's AC without being hit by it.

Squirtle:

Fair- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Bair- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Grab- I was able to break through the AC at any %... but it took like 50 tries to do at 170%.
It gets easier to break through at 150% (which only took me 3 tries).

Dash Attack- Able to break through the AC at any %.

I really don't know what a shellshifted usmash is though.

Ivysaur:

Grab- Grab easily goes through at any %.

Dash Attack- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Ike:

Grab- Able to go through at any %.

Snake:

Ftilt- Able to go through at any %.

Utilt- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Again... somebody else is going to need to test DACUS.

Peach:

Fair-Cannot be stopped at any %.

Hovering Dair- I'm not really sure how low it goes, but the lowest I got it (tapping tap jump and y at the same time, fast enough to do a zap jump with lucas if you know what that is) was able to go through it easily at any %.

Yoshi:

B move/Grab- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Bair- Able to go through at any %.

Dair approach- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Ganondorf:

ICs:

Blizzard- Cannot be stopped at any %.

Lucario (YAY!):

Dash Attack- Interestingly enough, at around 100% it becomes extremely hard to break through AC with dash attack.

Force Palm- Can go through at any % on either Lucario.

Ness:

Bair- Able to go through at any %.

PKT2- AC stops it at any %.

Sonic:

Grab- Able to go through AC at any %.

Fair- Possible to go through AC at any %.

Bowser:

Grab- Pretty easy to grab through AC at any %.

Wario:

Bair- Cannot be blocked at any %.

Dair-Dair only broke it from the side at 0%. And, on an even nice note, even when Wario was directly on top of of Lucario (starting at about 100%) it still either didn't hit Lucario, or it hit both Lucario and Wario.

Nair- Nair can break through up to about 50%, but even at 0% it's very difficult.

Fair- Able to go through at any %.

Grab- Possible to go through at any %.

-Contributed by WakerofWinds. Good ****, man. And uh... I organized and color-coded.
From the charts here, I can see some uses in walling Olimar and King Dedede, two of our harder matchups. I'm calling for in-game testers now. Try this out against Dededes and Olimars (and every other character you want to)! It might stop their camping game in it's tracks, and if it's able to to outrange their grabs, then we might have gained ourselves a significant weapon. Remember to note that grabbing you, while possible, is very hard to do at high %s, and in the current metagame, it's not something that people will be practiced in doing (this will likely change with time).
Double-Teaming Predictable Recoveries
Pending.....

The following chart was made by hough123. This chart shows the vertical knockback of a Uthrow in units of the blocks on custom stage ground.

Now, we need fnd out what we can capitalize. These numbers need to mean something. We need to test what possible set-ups can occur at each of these heights.

Force Palm Grab Release:
Pending......

New Combos, Strings, Set-ups, and Traps:
-Uthrow>Dash Attack>Fair>Nair- Contributed by SuperSmashKing009
when you play against heavy characters lets say for instance Fox. you could string dash attack into a combo. you know how you hit a character with your dash attack they go backwards. Well I was in training and I tried to figure what moves could string well with dash attack. So I did this jab>grab>upthrow>dash attack>Fair>Nair. when use up throw and wait at the right moment your dash attack will knock him forward instead of the usual backwards, so then thats when Fair and Nair come in to string in. Oh yea another thing the combo I told you about only works in low percentages.

I will look more into this if it could be DI'd.

I will explain later on, with a Video attached to this. Ok here is the video guys:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashBern009#play/all/uploads-all/0/siP2ud3mffA
Ok I just tested it and here are the results this combo could work on:

Captain Falcon(100% sure)
Falco (If he doesn't use shine)
Fox(If he doesn't use shine)
Wolf(If he doesn't use shine)
King D3(possible but not 100% sure)
Ganon(100% sure)
DK(possible but not 100% sure)
Sheik(possible still testing)

Thats its for now. I need someone to help me on this to see if it works with Uptilt instead of Upthrow. I think how the Dash attack makes it knock forward is because the character you hit has to be in the air but almost touching the ground and thats what makes the dash attack knock the opponent forward instead of backwards.

Also an interesting find on the behavior of the Dash Attack.
-Phil's Discovery (Close Combat?)
Okay so I'm not 100% sure what this is, so I'll just quote the man himself for now.

Okay, I'm posting this info stuff to both lucario BRs (and now these boards :p), so here it goes:
Late one evening, I was getting really, really frustrated in practice mode. I was looking for ways to trick an opponent into a grab, and every time the grab range on both grabs were just so tiny to manage. I started looking at FP, and how fair could connect reliably after it. Then I wondered "jab is usually a good thing to try to get a grab off, it's faster than most of the grabs and has more range". I started to wonder, what could jab really do? I got a spark, started jabbing, went for FP, and then I tried jab. "No, doesn't really work" I thought to myself (was toying with a fox I think). Then I forgot the big thing: You had to walk to FPCG most of the time, surely it would work with jab. So I worked around a bit, AA-FP, or sometimes A-FP, then I walked slowly, jabbed, and sure enough, I nailed him, and could get the FP again. The real trick behind it is it takes some tricky DI for some characters to get out of the jabs (and spotdodge or such), but that's where the "pseudo-tech chase" mentality comes in. You really have several options:
AA (usual)
A (good to throw off timing if they were used to the standard)
jab cancelled AA/A- kind of risky, but will punish spotdodge and help if you didn't get close enough at times)
AS/aerial- for that occasional "OMG he's flying away while AD!" moment.
and of course, shield, for the really rare 1 frame jabs (most of the time, you don't need to worry about invincible upBs, they're really risky since jab usually picks them up).
The beauty of this is FP is also an option for this, the pseudo-chase is designed so beautifully, becausein order to release, FP needs to be predicted BEFORE it begins. jab mixups mess up the opponent's timing, also somewhat extends the max % you can CG them with (it can let you do it usually to get in a dash grab or something before they fly away too far for you to do anything reliable). It also sets up well for offstage walling since FP does so well at setting up fairs.
If they get the rare occurance that they go far away from the jabs, almost everytime they will do spotdodge/AD, that's when AS or fair really work.

This wasn't entirely as big as I hoped for, but I feel it's pretty solid, and kind of puts FP shenanigans back on the map, and best of all, this seems to work best against D3 and snake (some of our worst matchups where we really need to get a reliable percent lead). I bet in time that this will get a little more worn out and slightly more predictable, but I feel it boosts lucario's damage racking and ground game a bit more.

I don't know if this has been discovered before (I wasn't aware of it, and checked a bit to make sure), and it seems pretty useful, considering that it can be adjusted to both players %'s (I think ideally lucario can do this up until about his percent hits the 20-30 percent mark, but haven't tested much)
What I've tested:
D3 (human opponent)
DK (human opponent)
Bowser (human opponent)
snake (human opponent)

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Kapeesh?

Now to name it if it takes off...
I was thinking Close Combat (canonical pokemon attack), or even SCIENCE! lol. I was going to do some more testing, but I felt it was more important for lucarios going to Genesis to know a possible tool.
I will try to simplify the explanation a bit once I'm able to try it out for myself (tonight). Also, if someone can get a video of this up, I would love them. Good **** phil!

Here's a vid of the above tactic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIR9pEkAoo (Contributed by SSK)

----------------------------------------------
-Anything you have to contribute, be they videos, research, frame data, testimonials, questions, ideas, etc. are VERY WELCOME HERE!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Wow.
I never thought of DT'ing anyone's recovery.
I'm making no promises, because I do not know if doing that will stop the recovery, but It sounds really interesting.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would like to add uthrow possibilities, I really think it's mind gamey.
Also, if you're opponent is a little late in the FP release, it becomes an auto air-release (even if he's bigger than you). I'd like to test and see if you can get a free AS off of it.
Oh, and good news: I got my Wii back!!!!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Phil I think you just found Lucario's Semi Grab Release.

I would like to talk on using pseudo sticking aura sphere charges/blasts to recover, as well as pseudo sticking force palms.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I can look into the double team part if you like. i still have one more week before school starts might as well use it here.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Any contribution you can make is very welcome. We're gonna need researchers.

Also guys, your contribution doesn't have to involve testing out something on a bunch of characters in training mode. You can also experiment in friendlies and relate your experience to the rest of the boards.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
D3's recovery CAN be doubleteamed with proper timing and some luck. if you DT under him while a little above the platform, the landing lag of D3 will be enough to get hit by the counter. ( i think this was already discovered in RK's old double team thread but i wanted to see for myself.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Okay I updated some. I'll update more later.

Also aurasmash, what we're really going to need is a comprehensive list of every character and the recovery moves that can be exploited. Just saying Dedede is a step in the right direction, but we have to test everything.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
got it. ill compile a list. lets see how many i can do in 2 hours.

Ill have to hold off on the list today. ill try to give it tommorow.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Hmm... Can some one test the kill power of Dtilt for me? Test once on MK, since he is the most problematic character in the meta game, therefor making him the most important to test things against, and then also on an above average weight character. Someone Like Bowser would be suitable for this 2nd part. It would be nice to have it so that the person getting hit can DI the attack for better estimations, but if you can't then that's OK =]

Edit: Phil, I need to talk to you lol. PM me if you see this.

hough123

Smash Ace
I can take the Usmash trajectory question, I might even be able to put a number on the added knockback.

I'll test GaW, Diddy, and Bowser to get the lightest, heaviest, and mediumest characters.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Double Team is especially viable against Zelda.

Any smart King Dedede will -never- get hit by this, and upsmash is always a better option.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I can take the Usmash trajectory question, I might even be able to put a number on the added knockback.

I'll test GaW, Diddy, and Bowser to get the lightest, heaviest, and mediumest characters.
Thats good ty =D

hough123

Smash Ace
Thats good ty =D
No problem =3

I tested the trajectory of Diddy, GaW, and Bowser with no DI to find what I'll call the Natural Trajectory. I tested this on a custom stage with plain blocks vertically and horizontally to make a graph(ish) stage. I'll give the coordinates in block form. (ie {0. 1} would mean that they went over no blocks, up one block.)

GaW- No boost: (0, 2)
With boost: (0, 2.1)

Diddy- No boost: (.5, 1.8)
With boost: (.5, 1.9)

Bowser- No boost: (0, 1.7)
With boost: (0, 1.8)

I was disapointed after seeing nearly no difference between the two until I realised that this could mean that our Uthrow is a reliable ______ at all damages.

I need to do character %'s; but I'm at my friend's house right now so I'll do it when I can.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
No problem =3

I tested the trajectory of Diddy, GaW, and Bowser with no DI to find what I'll call the Natural Trajectory. I tested this on a custom stage with plain blocks vertically and horizontally to make a graph(ish) stage. I'll give the coordinates in block form. (ie {0. 1} would mean that they went over no blocks, up one block.)

GaW- No boost: (0, 2)
With boost: (0, 2.1)

Diddy- No boost: (.5, 1.8)
With boost: (.5, 1.9)

Bowser- No boost: (0, 1.7)
With boost: (0, 1.8)

I was disapointed after seeing nearly no difference between the two until I realised that this could mean that our Uthrow is a reliable ______ at all damages.

I need to do character %'s; but I'm at my friend's house right now so I'll do it when I can.
I'm having a hard time interpreting your results. Would it be possible for you to take a picture or make a real graph? What about the angle of the trajectory? Do those numbers up there mean distance or height? I'd also like to stress the importance of being thorough. If you test all 36 characters, you might find that Luigi has some crazy infinite or something, but we'll never know otherwise. Brawl has some interesting quirks like that. I understand if you don't have time or don't want to do that, though.

hough123

Smash Ace
I'm having a hard time interpreting your results. Would it be possible for you to take a picture or make a real graph? What about the angle of the trajectory? Do those numbers up there mean distance or height? I'd also like to stress the importance of being thorough. If you test all 36 characters, you might find that Luigi has some crazy infinite or something, but we'll never know otherwise. Brawl has some interesting quirks like that. I understand if you don't have time or don't want to do that, though.
D=
I'm sorry, I'll work on making some graphs for them soon. I'm at my friend's house currently, so I can't do crap besides getting on the computer.

I see your logic on that Weegee infinite thing, I'll try to be as thorough as I can now =)

Those were coordinates, like on a graph, btw.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Let me tell you, this tier list drop has been a gift in disguise, I haven't seen this much initiative in a long while. I like the "Magic School Bus" mentality that's been going on (lol @ 90's reference).

hough123

Smash Ace
Yeah, Lucarios finally got the bop in the head we needed. We just sat around drinking apple juice all day until this. Then we realised, we coulda had a V8.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Irony. Now we're looking into Double Team. I hate you all.

No, just joking, I love you guise <3

hough123

Smash Ace
Okey, here's the data that I've compiled so far;

First off, Uthrow gets NO improvement knockback-wise from his aura. The only knockback variable is the opponent's damage.

Next, here is a chart of upwards knockback for all characters at 0% with no DI;

Finally, I've found that Lucario MAY have a short chain grab against 8 characters until 25-28%, those being:
25- Fox, Falco, Wolf, C. Falcon.
28- DK, Snake, Shiek, Ganon.
(To do this, you have to grab the opponent with Lucario's ears.)

I still need to find the effects of % on knockback, though.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Okey, here's the data that I've compiled so far;

First off, Uthrow gets NO improvement knockback-wise from his aura. The only knockback variable is the opponent's damage.

Next, here is a chart of upwards knockback for all characters at 0% with no DI;

Finally, I've found that Lucario MAY have a short chain grab against 8 characters until 25-28%, those being:
25- Fox, Falco, Wolf, C. Falcon.
28- DK, Snake, Shiek, Ganon.
(To do this, you have to grab the opponent with Lucario's ears.)

I still need to find the effects of % on knockback, though.

We do have a chain grab on fox. You have 2 options for it. You can:

Uthrow 3x + retreat
Uthrow 2x + grab + w/e throw you desire.

i do it against rookie all the time when I play him. Those are the grabs combos at 0-4%. The reason why you can't follow anything after the Uthrow to grab is because Fox can shine you if you attempt to do anything else. The reason why you can chain grab him is because of our High grab box when we throw grab. i seen this stated about 4 times in 4 different threads from time to time, so that's me confirming it.

What you might want to try to test though is to see if you can Uthrow 2x + Force Palm. Might work, might not, but hey... thats right its a test right =]

As for what i said above, the first 2 are legit combos. Go ahead and harass a fox now. Knock yourself out. =]

Edit: Lol at rob being the Highest thrown btw. Also uthrow can chain wolf if he does not expect it. his only option is Shine out of it, but it will beat you out if you try to catch him with Uthrows. Best bet to do is to just throw him away after the first time you catch him with it.

As for Falco, DK, Sheik they can get out of it.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Double Team is especially viable against Zelda.

Any smart King Dedede will -never- get hit by this, and upsmash is always a better option.
yes you are right thats why im trying to find any viable setups or if there isnt any ill put down the alternative. i have about 8 chars so far ( only 40 min on the wii T,T ) i can post now if you like.

EDIT- ahh what the heck ill post now.

1. D3 - plausible. yes it is difficult.and a bit situational and with the better option of Usmash but in case the opponent makes a mistake it is viable. besides killing with double team gives a wondrous OMG you actually fell for it feeling no? you can also continually chuck AS off stage. it might force him to D3 jump badly. bring on the pressure! even the best make mistakes.

2. Zelda. her recovery is just waaaayyyy to predictable. a DT a Fsmash heck even a shield grab is viable, a setup? you dont need one. just get to where you KNOW she's going to appear and hit that counter.

3. Falco. this was unexpected. it can actually work if in the right position. use AS to get him out of that phantasm avoid retaliating lasers. you can also hit him with fairs to get in position early. if Falco resorts to firebird you can DT during the time he's charging up. the result? a good feeling and a stage spike. if done on FD you can grip the wall under the lip while he falls. if he hasnt died from the stage spike you can footstool him. this was wonderful lol but a bit situational. further research is needed.

4. MK. a big NO DT will never beat out the nado. the drill it can beat but thats not used by MK's. and gimping itself is a bad idea against this dude. better to retreat and charge AS.

5. Olimar. NO seriously do you need to DT this guy? just edgehog.

6. Wario. his Up b cant be DT'ed but you can DT the motor bike and reverse to knock him out of it. still needs more research.

7. Pika. your kidding right? QA is impossible to counter. the skullbash may be countered IF it lands onstage as the landing lag is enough to counter with.

8. Lucas so far not much success. but his recovery is way predictable. I dont know somebody test this out.

9. Ike. no nothing can seemingly keep him away from his precious sword. you can get free damage but no knockback.

NOTES- so far DT can only be used against some recoveries but i saw that sometimes the very act of it being activated can put lucario in a situation either good or bad for him depending on the opponent. the wall under FD is especially useful for the wallcling underneath.

Edit - Ill post the next batch oh Chars tom. oh and RK no hard feelings right?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Double Team can sometimes be useful for recovering against Zelda when she uses Din's Fire. However, it's not really a good option, considering if you were to be getting hit by that while trying to recover, a simple airdodge will get you just as close to the stage as a double team would.

Aurasmash d'you think it would work against Ike's recovery? I'm thinking, in my head, that DT'ing the spinning blade would make you hit him while he's moving up, and it might stage spike him in some form.

It looks really cool in my head @_@

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
actually I tried that before by accident It damages ike but you cant knock him out of it (rats) meaning Ike is a NO . but still a free 15 %

also there's too little lag in his quickdraw for a proper counter. all he'll do his airdodge and drop like a rock.

Rayku

Smash Lord
actually I tried that before by accident It damages ike but you cant knock him out of it (rats) meaning Ike is a NO . but still a free 15 %
Hey, that's better than nothing! Is it a kill move at higher percents? That's what I'd be aiming for in particular.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Me randomly appearing here is extremely... well, random, but I saw the thread and thought that I'd help out at least a little bit.

Since projectiles are something I personally have trouble with (on all of my characters except for one, embarrassingly enough ^_^;;) I thought I'd test out using aura charge as a sort of shield. Whether you need the information or not... I don't know, but hopefully it's SOMEWHAT helpful. If I missed a projectile, well, let me know, that's easily fixed. The %'s I have listed are the % of Lucario. All of these are tested with lucario using full charge.

I'm just going to call his Aura Sphere Charge Aura Charge or AC... yeah.

Diddy Kong:
Peanut Gun
0%
AC was broken with Lucario and Diddy about 1/2 of FD away from each other with Diddy's peanut gun at nearly full charge. Anything more than requires perfect placement (basically on the very right side of lucario's hand) of the peanut in order to break the charge, any Diddy who can do it consistently deserves to hit you.
100%
I couldn't find a way to break the charge with the gun, you're safe from it at 100%.

Banana peel broke the charge even at 200%

Mario:
FLUDD
Obviously it doesn't break the charge, but it does still push Lucario, which got some comical effects doing it in training.

Fireball
Broke it even at 200%

Interesting note about Mario's Cape though, it'll hit you and turn you around, which, if you ever have an aura sphere that isn't at full and you feel like it's coming(a cape, that is), and make for some interesting mind games and hilarious moments.

Link:
All 3 of his projectiles go through it at 200% (I only tested it at this percent, I doubt it goes through any lower)

Samus:
All of her projectiles go through it at 200%.

Fox:
His laser goes through it at 200%.

On the other hand I also tested his UpB and his right B. He'll get knocked out of his upB if he goes right at you with it, and he'll be hit if he goes after you with his right B, but he'll still go through you. It kind of has an interesting effect and he lands right in front of you with a little bit of lag. That was at 200%, I didn't really test anything under that.

Pikachu:
His thunershocks go through at 200%, but I know that they can be canceled if you know how to time an uncharged aura sphere to hit them.

His Right B and up B both get trumped by aura charge starting at 100%. However his right B will hit even at 200% if he fully charges it.

G&W:
His frying pan projectiles go through it at 200%

Luigi:
His fireballs go through at 200%

Like Pikachu, his right B can be stopped with it at any %, however, Luigi's is more of a matter of placement. If Luigi manages to place himself near the top of the Aura Charge, he'll go right through it at any %.

Shiek/Zelda:
It stops Shiek's one and only projectile at any %.

It also prevents Shiek from hitting you with the last part of her(or his if you prefer that) upB. Unfortunately it doesn't do the same for zelda.

Pit:
His arrows go through at 200%

His right B will sometimes be trumped, and sometimes both Pit and Lucario will be hit, at 100% and up.

MK:
Just something I found interesting... his right B can be stopped if the MK screws up the placement, but that was only at 200%, and only when I aimed it RIGHT at the aura charge.

Falco:
His laser goes through at 200%

He can go through the aura charge without being stopped using his right B, but he has to be pretty close to do that.

Like fox, his UpB can be stopped at 0%, but Lucario will be hit by it as well (at 0%).

Squirtle:
His water gun is the same as Mario's FLUDD.

His right B can SOMETIMES be repelled (without either character being injured) if Lucario is at 200% and squirtle uses it on the ground.

Ivysaur:
His projectile goes right through it at 200%

Charizard:
Everything I tried went through it at 200%

Ike:
His right B goes right through it at 200%.

Snake:
All of his explosives go right through it at 200%.

However, interesting fact about snakes missile: If he tries to go through at ANY % you can press left/right/shield and the missile will go right through you. If you dodge away from the missile, however, snake can attempt to aim at your tail and it will still hit you, but only in that particular situation.

Peach:
Like the banana peels, her throwable items go through the AC at any %.

Her right B from the ground can be stopped by an AC at any %.

Yoshi:
His eggs are easily aimed to break through an AC at any %.

Yoshi's right B can be stopped completely starting at 50% by an AC. at 0% it stops Yoshi, but also hits Lucario.

Ganondorf:
His right B can be stopped starting at 150%, however, at 150% it is still possible to go through the AC, at 200% it isn't.

His down B can be stopped starting at 50%. I was able to break through the AC with his down B a couple of times even at 150%, but it was extremely difficult to do, for me anyway. Maybe I'm just bad with Ganondorf.

ICs:
Their B projectile can be blocked starting at 100% by it.

Their right B can be stopped starting at 150% if the ICs use it from far away. If they use it from a certain distance up close they can still break through.

D3:
His waddle things can both be blocked by an AC at any %, I've also gotten to block one of the spike guys (even at 0%) but it requires that the D3 player screw up his aim a little bit. It can also stop D3's dash attack in its tracks at any %.

Wolf:
His laser goes through it at any %.

His up B can be stopped at any %.

His right B (now this is fun) can be stopped by an AC at 50% or up, near the end of the move itself of course. If wolf is, say, off the edge, and you start charging an Aura Sphere right there on the edge (with the sphere facing away from the platform) and wolf tries to use his right B to get up to you and recover, he'll get caught up in the AC. Nifty trick there. It might be possible to get through... somebody else might want to test this as well.

Lucario:
Any % lucario can use any charge aura sphere and go through any % Lucario's AC.

Lucario's ftilt can go through an AC at 200%.

Extremespeed cannot go through an AC.

Ness:
Ness's right B, upB, B, upsmash, dsmash, and dash attack all go through AC at 200%.

Sonic:
Sonic's B, Right B, Down B, and dash attack can all be stopped by AC at any %. Beware of Sonic's B move though, because it's easy to get around an AC with it.

Bowser:
I tested his dash attack, right B, B, upB, and fsmash to see if they can go through. All of them are able to go through at 200% except for his right B, which I got to go through it at 50%.

Wario:
AC can possibly stop his bike starting at 100%. It is very possible for his bike to go through however, at any % if wario does a wheelie.

It becomes possible to stop Wario's Dash attack at 50%.

TLink:
His projectiles and dash attack can go through at any %.

TLink's bomb can be slowed down similarly to Snake's missile. It's , again, very possible to press left/right/shield in order to simple pretend the bomb doesn't exist. You have less time to press these buttons at lower %s.

R.O.B.:
His downB projectile is possible to dodge in a similar manner to TLinks and Snakes, but it doesn't slow down as much, so you have not a lot of time, even at 200%. I would advise simply dodging in general, or jumping, as opposed to using AC.

ROBs laser and dash attack both go through at any %.

Olimar:
Olimar's right B can make it through even at 200%. The only catch is that his little pikmin get thrown off almost instantly . I was only able to get the blue and yellow ones through at 200%. At 0% I could only get the yellow and white ones through.

Olimar's fsmash is completely walled by AC.

C. Falcon:
Falcon's right B is blocked by AC at any %.

Falcon kick can go through AC at any % with the right spacing, but it can also be blocked at 150% and up.

Jiggs:
Jigg's pound can go through at any %.

A fully charged B from Jiggs can be blocked starting at 50% using AC.

Lucas:
All of Lucas's B moves can make it through an AC at any %.

Lucas can also make it through an AC at any % by using a PKT2.

Also his dash attack can make it through an AC at any %.

----------------------------------------------------

So... That's what I did with all of the characters regarding AC. A little bit more disappointing than what I expected, but hey, you never know until you try.

It also didn't end up only projectiles, so I may have to go back and do some new stuff on those original characters, but this is what I've done for now.

Hopefully it helps somebody, if it doesn't, than, oh well. It's information and it's there. Ask if you have any questions about what I did/any specific instances.

Oh, and I also didn't test anything with Marth, in case you didn't see that.

iRJi

Smash Champion
* Posts *
You my friend, just prob. made some of us very happy. Glad that you helped us in out revamping ^_^

Edit: Just a suggestion though, the explanation is somewhat unclear. Is he using his Aura Sphere as a standing shield without shooting it? Or is he Actually shooting the Aura Sphere?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Edit looks at post HOLY ****. that is one piece of work there. awesome.

@ Rayku
Yes double team CAN kill. the knockback is surprisingly high for a counter. but I dont think it will work against Ike. it also cant kill fatties effectively since the knockback seems to always direct to the side. It works best on chars with medium to low weight.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
You my friend, just prob. made some of us very happy. Glad that you helped us in out revamping ^_^

Edit: Just a suggestion though, the explanation is somewhat unclear. Is he using his Aura Sphere as a standing shield without shooting it? Or is he Actually shooting the Aura Sphere?
All of that is with Lucario just standing still holding the Aura Sphere facing away from his opponent. I didn't shoot it off at all. I could go through and test some of the stuff shooting the aura sphere, if you want.

The only one I posted where I actually mentioned shooting the aura sphere was with Pikachu. That was something I learned from playing a friend who likes to spam that B move of theirs over, and over, and over, and then spam it some more.

Timbers

check me out
Wow.
I never thought of DT'ing anyone's recovery.
I'm making no promises, because I do not know if doing that will stop the recovery, but It sounds really interesting.
-t2
Zelda might be the only one that works, and even then you can PS that **** and dsmash her. I dunno which one is stronger.

I've also never played a Zelda that uB'd into me so uhh.

Fox/Falco would work under specific conditions. You'd have to space them pretty perfectly and given that they can cancel their sideB's at any given moment it's probably a bad idea to leave yourself open to a free fsmash/usmash.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
DOUBLE TEAM IS STILL ****ING BAD GUYS. Look into uair/dair/ftilt pseudo juggling hinthint.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Wow, you guys are awesome. I will update tomorrow.

@Timbers: That's the whole point. DT is considered nigh useless, and as such not a part of our metagame. This thread is for experimentation. If you want to talk about how useless DT is, take it to the metagame discussion or something.

Timbers

check me out
I thought this was the brainstorm thread, not the lets make DT a good move thread.

EDIT: oh wait, it is the brainstorm thread.

Can we brainstorm about lingering hitboxes being super awesome for pseudo juggling?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
so.... do we carry on with the DT or what? I dont want to waste my time on something useless :(

iRJi

Smash Champion
I thought this was the brainstorm thread, not the lets make DT a good move thread.

EDIT: oh wait, it is the brainstorm thread.

Can we brainstorm about lingering hitboxes being super awesome for pseudo juggling?
lol you seem like a ray of sunshine today eh?

so.... do we carry on with the DT or what? I dont want to waste my time on something useless :(
You can carry on with the DT testing. The whole part of testing is that you never know what you could have missed in the earlier stages. you might find something that can make it more useful, and any usefulness is better then none at all. Both however is better then not trying.

But after the DT talk follow up on Lucario's lingering hit boxes. You might surprise youself on what you might find.

hough123

Smash Ace
We do have a chain grab on fox. You have 2 options for it. You can:

Uthrow 3x + retreat
Uthrow 2x + grab + w/e throw you desire.

i do it against rookie all the time when I play him. Those are the grabs combos at 0-4%. The reason why you can't follow anything after the Uthrow to grab is because Fox can shine you if you attempt to do anything else. The reason why you can chain grab him is because of our High grab box when we throw grab. i seen this stated about 4 times in 4 different threads from time to time, so that's me confirming it.

What you might want to try to test though is to see if you can Uthrow 2x + Force Palm. Might work, might not, but hey... thats right its a test right =]

As for what i said above, the first 2 are legit combos. Go ahead and harass a fox now. Knock yourself out. =]

Edit: Lol at rob being the Highest thrown btw. Also uthrow can chain wolf if he does not expect it. his only option is Shine out of it, but it will beat you out if you try to catch him with Uthrows. Best bet to do is to just throw him away after the first time you catch him with it.

As for Falco, DK, Sheik they can get out of it.
I assumed that most of these wouldn't make it out of theory, but it's all about trying.
So we do have a chain on Ganon, Falcon, and Snake? If so, at least I found something that worked :laugh:

Also, ROB and Charizard are only so high because of their big heads =\

So I still need to:
  • -Test %'s effects on knockback.
  • -Test Uthrow 2x + Forcepalm on Fox.

For the %'s effect; does every 10% until 130 work for you? I'll also see if I can find a pattern and make an equation for it.

Off-Topic: I came up with a new format for the questions on the first page:

• The Question: How does Uthrow's knock back change based on aura, enemy, and enemy %'s? Also, what mindgames or approaches could come from it?
  • The Test: Find the trajectory of a Uthrow, testing aura boosts, enemies, and enemy %'s.
  • In-Game Testing: Analyze opponent's reactionary pattern to being Uthrow'd and look for ways to exploit it.

-Hough123 is currently looking into this| Question/Idea posed by Ph1lny3-
It's a bit neater than your current one, and it gives a constant format to be used.

Top Bottom