• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love's Last Stand! Feb. 21st, Athens OH

Framerate

Smash Lord
Can I get a confirmation on copies of brawl?

I mean, I could assume but that always ends up screwing me over.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Within the ranks of OUGA alone we've got more than enough Briis (Brawl+Wii), off the top of my head I can think of around 6 or 7. The main thing is getting TVs. We only have four projectors and I think two TVs in the classrooms, so we only need people to bring Wiis if they can bring a TV as well. Just bringing a TV would be a big help at this point since we're going to have more Wiis than stations possible.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah T-8, I need some definitive numbers. I don't want to assume that people are gonna bring their stuff, I want them to tell me. This includes OUGA members. So yeah, everyone tell me what you're bringing.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I have a full car load of 5 coming...
I will talk it over with my buds and see if someone(s) would be willling to ride ***** with a bulky TV in their lap. So, once I get an idea, if that's cool with them, then I'll clue you in on my setup notice. I should know this by tomorrow evening.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
My car is looking like this right now:

Me + my TV, Wii, and Brawl
Nest and Mars + their TV, Wii, and Brawl
Lou + his Wii and Brawl.

Gonna be cramped. We're also coming down on Saturday.

Meese

Smash Cadet
Heyy guys,
I live in the central ohio columbus area
Could anyone get me a ride please?
Ill give some cash for gas.
PM me if you can
Thanks

If I get a ride ill be bringing a wii and brawl

Framerate

Smash Lord
Just wondering if it is going to be a problem if you do not preregister
First of all, I'm pretty sure you're registered :p

But more importantly, no it actual is not a problem if you aren't pre-registered. "But Framerate, didn't you say..." Just hold that thought! Yes I did say that the price would be reduced for all the people registered. Well, I lied. Sort of. See, originally the plan was to charge $10 at the door and cut it to $5 if you registered online. The intent was to grant a way for people to reduce the cost of our tourney since we don't charge a venue fee that could be waived. Also it got people to register online so we could know how many people were planning on coming. Then I got to thinking about it, and remembering the last tournament. Something just felt wrong about charging people extra because they heard last minute about our tourney.

So it came time to making the thread and I put it up there, cause the last guy who ran our tourney suggested it. I had other plans though. I liked the idea of people pre-registering and this method got that done. But I hated the idea of charging people more because they forgot to register or just didn't know. What was the solution? Lie.

And I did. The tournament is going to cost $5 for everyone. I'm sorry. I made you guys register under the false hopes that you'd be paying less than some shmuck.

I do feel bad though, since the buy-in is small so is the pot. But it was gonna happen anyways. 60+ people registered; just about everyone was gonna get in for $5 anyways. What's the point in charging like 3 people an extra 5? It's mean.

Again, I'm sorry for lying T^T

Framerate

Smash Lord
Technically, the original intention, when the thread was made, was to actually charge $10 for people who didn't pre-reg. But after thinking about it for a while and discussing with other ougers I kinda decided it was unnecessary.

SO HA! I lied about lying! It was actually just a change of heart.

But now I am a dirty liar ;_ ;

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Okay, here's what I think is giong on with my whole area.

I'm hoping that my car can leave sometime on Friday.

I'm probably going to drive up to Cleveland and pick up this guy from AiB named Hey_Arnold. While I'm up there Beegs was telling me nojoes might want a ride as well. Then I'll head down to Twinsburg and grab king yoshi then down to west salem to grab Beegs.

If Nojoes wants to go my car will be full at this point with King yoshi's and probably a couple other wiis and at least 1 T.V.

If Nojoes doesn't go then I'll swing by that Meese guy's place and pick him up.

Then on Saturday Ridlr will be leaving early and picking up BYAA, DeaD, and Argentstew. If Nojoes goes they'll probably swing by and pick up that Meese guy on the way there. I'm not sure if Ridlr can take his wii or not.

To Recap:
- I will be bringing anywhere from 8-10 ppl
- I will be bringing anywhere from 1-3 T.V.s
- I will be bringing anywhere from 1-6 wiis

I will update once I know more.

Technically, the original intention, when the thread was made, was to actually charge $10 for people who didn't pre-reg. But after thinking about it for a while and discussing with other ougers I kinda decided it was unnecessary.

SO HA! I lied about lying! It was actually just a change of heart.

But now I am a dirty liar ;_ ;
Hey...

Your a PHONY!!!

A BIG FAT PHONY!!!

Nahhh I still <3 Framerate. :D

Framerate

Smash Lord
BF on BF!

And ITT is my new hero. That's like 25% of the tourney you're bringing (people and setups).

T-800

Smash Apprentice
So, ITT, any update about doubles action? I'd kinda like to know soon.

The fate of Blue Balls (that's our team name if we do team up) hangs in the balance!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok. Time to get some shiz done. I will be using this post to organize riding situations for Cincinnati. Anybody from Cincinnati hoping to go to this needs to speak the **** up right about now. Send me PMS or AIM or whatever.

Currently, here's what I have:

My car (5 people)-- Possibly leaving friday night:
-Me
-Overswarm
-clowsui?
-
-

Infern's Car-- Leaving saturday morning:
-Infern
-Smash64
-Y.b.m
-Kel?
-Caitlin?

I should note that GUNPUNCH! will have priority for claiming these seats. Then the GK's. Then whoever else.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm going, and I'm pretty sure the GKs are going. That's 5 of us all together. My car needs its oil changed but I think it could make it....

might be drivin', I know Kel isn't. Is Kel / Sliq going?

smash64

Smash Champion
God Kais will be going but saturday morning becuase im throwing down a huge birthday party friday night i think kel and his gf might come not sure yet but yeah anyways we are going on saturday and i guess InfernAngelis is driving and taking Y.b.M and me idk who else from cincinnati is riding with us............................................................................................................[hope i dont get 2 drunk

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
can this start @ 12? lol.
me no wants to leave at 7am

Framerate

Smash Lord
But what about the doubles tourney???

How about everyone get here AFAP (as fast as possible, it's a better cliche) and we'll start the singles during the doubles semifinals or something.

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
Stop b!tching we all gonna have to get up that early. 7am does suck though >.> Maybe I'll somehow get sleep the night before, doubt it though, so we'll have a fun ride and a fun tourney.
Hopefully get a lot of friendlies in and I'm bringing moneys for people to take from me :D So have a fun tourney and good luck to everyone going.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Small update for me.

Arnold backed out cause he doesn't have enough money. Nojoes still hasn't contacted me.

Meese gets done at 3 o'clock Friday so he'll probably come up on Friday.
Argent is done around 5 on Friday so he'll be up Friday or Saturday

Ridlr, BYAA, DeaD, I assume they're all still going. Have to call them real quick

Beegs, have to figure out what day he wants to go.

King Yoshi is always open to anything at any time LOL, srsly though, this guy is crazy flexible when it comes to tourneys.

LOL, wow. so Ridlr isn't sure he can go or drive yet. DeaD isn't sure he can go.

Can anyone else pick up this Meese guy? He's close to Columbus, if anyone from Columbus has an extra seat please contact Meese.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
The God Kais will not be in friday to take the golden falcon, but will surely be there Saturday to make run home to yo mamma!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I was just saying, robots no like AM tournaments.

And F-Rate, could I have yours or someone's cell just in case I get steered wrong way again by google or mapquest directions?

Top Bottom