• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love's Last Stand! Feb. 21st, Athens OH

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Well, since I just got indirectly dumped like Pauline after being tainted by a giant monkey, does anybody want/need a doubles partner?

Please note that I primarily use G&W, Metaknight, and ROB and that I was going to use the doubles as an opportunity to try out my Sonic with another Sonic to see how well I did, but he probably won't see the light of day now. :urg:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i think you and infern should have a match to see who is better and who ever wins i guess that person gets to team with me what you guys think?
Make them 2v2.

Y.b.M. + level 9 CPU vs. Infern + level 9 CPU. Both CPUs are snake. gogogo

record it

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
i think you and infern should have a match to see who is better and who ever wins i guess that person gets to team with me what you guys think?
can I have leftovers? Toon link and sonic would be good and Ike and sonic are awesome as well.

Edit: Also, T-800 if you go ROB or G&W or MK I'll team with you. I think I'm still having nightmares that two of the best Sonics got destroyed in a doubles pool that wasn't really all that stacked... Until I get some more Sonic doubles practice in I don't wanna take that craziness to another tourney

Overswarm

is laughing at you
can I have leftovers? Toon link and sonic would be good and Ike and sonic are awesome as well.

Edit: Also, T-800 if you go ROB or G&W or MK I'll team with you. I think I'm still having nightmares that two of the best Sonics got destroyed in a doubles pool that wasn't really all that stacked... Until I get some more Sonic doubles practice in I don't wanna take that craziness to another tourney
sonic is not good!!!!!!!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sonic is only good at one thing, and that's giving me money in MMs. He's not even best at that (looking at you, Link)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
MalcolM and Shugo's sonics would both destroy you. I don't actually own a wii so I only get practice at tournaments about once every other week. Once I get a wii and can sit down and learn good spacing and actually sit down with my character I'll show you why he's not low tier sometime.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Uh oh...I Kinda like the idea Q was working with...hehe...but all in all I guess we'll decide who teams with who when we get to the actual tournament....I don't wanna get my hopes up and be stranded without a partner hehe.....The God Has spoken feel honored!!!

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Alright, but I have two stipulations you must agree to.

1) If we heartily defeat our opponents in the first match and it looks like we won't have much trouble winning the set, we get to do all Sonics in the second match.

2) We do some friendlies at some point so I can get some Sonic practice. This isn't to imply that we have to do Sonic dittos, but I'd like to fight your Sonic at anyrate. Also if you play any other characters you could pit them against my Sonic as well.

These are my terms!

Edit:

Sonic is only good at one thing, and that's giving me money in MMs. He's not even best at that (looking at you, Link)
I'll fight my Sonic against your ROB! In non-money matches of course, because I like a good fight but I'm not stupid.

Also, ROB ditto rematch?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Poor Link....

We as OUGA are going to try to come up with a fair way to do the Crew Tourne.

The problems I for see are:
A: Crews that don't have enough members. I'm sure there will be people who are crewless who will want to play also so I guess a draft might happen. I say shoot for a "crew" size to be 5-6 people, 5v5 style (with the 6th person being a "wildcard" to mix things up)

B: People not agreeing on a format for this. I believe the TO should determine the overall format of any tournament they host (which we as OUGA will be discussing in the next week). However, the TO also needs input from the community before laying down the rules

I have seen people mention that they know how to do a crew fight, but I have not seen what that format is.
We may do a hybrid between our ideas and any mentioned here.

Again make sure you Pre-reg even if you aren't sure you can make it!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want crews to determine who is the best crew:
Pick a #, like 4 or 5, and make that your "crew" number. Give each crew X amount of stock to divide evenly between their 4-5. Use normal tournament rules for first match, characters written down in advance. For future matches, the person who won the last match cannot change character. Person coming in picks random and plays their pre-determined character. If they pick the stage, the opponent can change characters.

If you want crews to be fun for the whole family and involve everyone:
Count how many people are there that are interested in doing crews and divide that number by 4 or 5. That number is how many captains you have. Pick out the best people you can for those 4 or 5, and then those players each take turn picking a team ala dodgeball... then they all play.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
How about we do a round robin and whoever gets top 2 get to team.

Also, me and smash have someone in mind for a 4th member, we will see if he will join this tournament tomorrow.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Do you want me to drive to this Q? Or do you want me to be navigator? Doesnt matter to me....... plus we need to play sometime soon. I think im gonna try to go over to AZs tomorrow. Give me a call

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Do you want me to drive to this Q? Or do you want me to be navigator? Doesnt matter to me....... plus we need to play sometime soon. I think im gonna try to go over to AZs tomorrow. Give me a call
Would I be welcomed to this? Or even a Friday one?

I would ride with you guys but I'm going Friday

lou4222

Smash Lord
I dont see why not. We dont usually plan when we play. Its usually a spur of the moment thing. But if you wanted to pm me your number I could call you if I knew we were going to play and you could come to campus.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm trying to stay friday and saturday night. I have friends up there that i'd like to hang out with. So I could drive or you could lou, it's no biggy if you don't mind staying for two nights.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Q we need a team name.

Also I think we should wear the hats regardless of season.

Nope

Smash Lord
Springfield is probably just going to be driving up for Sat. So no shot at the golden falcon for us. Everyone else is lucky! =p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
The God Kais, Gunpunch, and Q will dance around the Competition like me and OS do in DDR...hehe

hahaha hope ya'll brought ya'll dancing shoes...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The God Kais, Gunpunch, and Q will dance around the Competition like me and OS do in DDR...hehe

hahaha hope ya'll brought ya'll dancing shoes...
A robot took this pimpin peekcha!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I pre-regged BYAA and DeaD. I know they use some sort of crazy control scheme but I just put them down as default.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
ITT: Are we doing doubles together or no? It's not a big deal if you don't want to, I just needed to know so I can plan accordingly.

Top Bottom