• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
wait wait wait....

is overswarm johning about the use of luck...?

Now I didnt see the match, but pretty much all it seems like is that he took a chance, knew the outcome of what would happen if it succeeded as well as the outcome of what would happen if it failed, had an understanding of a general chance of whether or not it could or would happen, and it turned out out in his favor.

He won.

now is this that trick with pika's thunder when the stage is flipping? because i've seen pikas do that quite a bit. calic's even gotten me in it a few times, and he's not even as good as spec.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I've been really sick and broke lately. Got some kind of thing going on with my inner ears that makes it super uncool to be dealing with noise, walking around or driving a bunch. Plus, to tell you the truth, I don't like Brawl enough as a game to make sacrifices for it anymore, i.e. risk hurting myself physically or financially. You may see me at future events but I'm making no promises.

Sorry. I do realize I'm like the coolest **** guy ever and me not being there must really ruin everything. :p

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Sure I could. How about the spacebar? It's much more likely than the tilde. Not that I'm going to get it right, just that I'm going to be in a better position to be right. Or I could figure out what kind of keyboard you type on.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
crash, I need you to check your PMs concerning when I can show up on saturday and whether or not I need to arrange a different ride.

cause the time frame for my ride is earlier than twelve, possibly by quite a bit.
crash, I need you to see this. I even logged onto my SWF account for this.

I'm lookin at between 10 and 11:30 AM for being able to show up. later than that, and I have issues. is there any chance that you can wake up (or have someone awake) to let me in?

if after that, you go back to sleep, that's fine. I just need to get myself and my setup there early so as not to inconvenience my ride.

edit: nevermind, situation changed. I'll be there at around 1:30 I guess.

nairb2682

Smash Rookie
I think i would like to show up at the tourney at whoever it was hosting it. Just don't know how many may come with me. It will be 0-3 people coming with me. please PM me with the address asap, and hopefully i should be there tomorrow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sure I could. How about the spacebar? It's much more likely than the tilde. Not that I'm going to get it right, just that I'm going to be in a better position to be right. Or I could figure out what kind of keyboard you type on.
The size of the key has no impact one what key I press whatsoever because I'm not making my decision based off of size. Your chances of getting the key right are the same no matter what you guess.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
It's also convenient, close to you and takes up a larger part of your field of vision. Not to mention every keyboard has one.

@ protein, coming early is a no-go sorry. Gonna have little kids running around (nephews).

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
S2D STREET FIGHTER 4 TOURNAMENT RESULTS
1. YOUNG (M. BISON)
2. DJ (GUILE)
3. ROBERT (DHALSIM)
4. CARMAN (SAGAT)
5. ANTHONY B. (SAGAT)
6. JESSE (ZANGIEF)
7. JOSH PALMER (SAGAT)
8. DEREK (ZANGIEF)
9. MATTHEW (KEN)
10. MARK (RYU)
11. EXCEL (CAMMY)
12. ANTHONY L. (KEN)
13. TACTICAL (RUFUS)
14. ZIMMER (RYU)
15. ROWAN (ABEL)
16. J-KIP (DAN)
17. JEREMY S. (BALROG)

I got the 1st place winner 1st round and the 3rd placer in the 3rd round. WTF. It was a good turn out though. Met some new peoples. Looking forward to helping the Louisville SF4 scene.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Bwahaha! I sucked hard in that tourney. I loss but did pretty decent against a sagat my first round and then got whooped by tactical in losers.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
M. Bison won? WTF? I should have gone there and owned. :(

only 17 people though...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Cornerstones of Freedom

1: Spec (pikachu/snake) (Split)
2: Light (Falco/Diddy) (Split)
3: Hilt (Olimar)
4: Paladin (Meta Knight/Fox)
5: calic (Pikachu)
5: Mr. 9 (DDD)
7: Judo (Sheik)
7: Cr4sh (Luigi)
9: Zenigame (Pokemon Trainer)
9: Charles Widmore (Zelda)
9: Ares (Samus)
9: Protein (Ness)
13: Guardian (Lucario)
13: Salt (Yoshi)
13: Cameron (Kirby)
13: Level 9 Snake (Snake)
17: David
17: Annet (Lucus)
17: Ice
17: Nairb

good job spec on your first tournament win!
You too light, on second

lil cj

Smash Lord
Congrats on your tourny win Spec
and good job gettin 2nd Light

Chaotic Crisis is doin their thing!
I wish I could have been there to represent CC

Lucas has been workin hard and ready to show his potential

Hmmm...do I see another Lucas player:)
Annet...cool
Im not the only one anymore

Protein

Smash Apprentice
9: Protein (Ness/Meta Knight)
9: Protein /Meta Knight)
Meta Knight
when did this happen?

I didn't use metaknight a single time in tournament. I said I was going to on round2, match1, and then I didn't.

I said I was going to against guardian. I did not.
infact, guardian was the one to side MK, cause I had to fight his MK twice!

my mk blows and you know it.

neji32

Smash Lord
ghey.
^_^
but grats tho xP
lmao true fax. After light beaet hilt, me and him thought it would be best for light to forfeit and see if he could beat him again. He did and then me and light had the most fun matches lol we did warm up rounds of cf dittos, mk dittos and secondary only. On stages like hyrule battlefield and (the secondary, i challenged his diddy with link on fd lol. i was soooooo close to winning) then we just did a 2/3 for the tourny.

Cc 4 lyf

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If he actually forfeited a match, under normal circumstances in a real tournament he'd have been DQ'd :p

Just FYI... future reference and all that.

nairb2682

Smash Rookie
Good games guys, i sucked it up a little but, it was still fun. Learned some things, had cr4sh yell shoryuken at the end of our match...lol

Is there gonna be a smash tourney at s2d next weekend?

Delvro

Smash Ace
lmao true fax. After light beaet hilt, me and him thought it would be best for light to forfeit and see if he could beat him again. He did and then me and light had the most fun matches lol we did warm up rounds of cf dittos, mk dittos and secondary only. On stages like hyrule battlefield and (the secondary, i challenged his diddy with link on fd lol. i was soooooo close to winning) then we just did a 2/3 for the tourny.

Cc 4 lyf
Wow. WOW!! That is just wrong beyond belief. If I were Hilt I'd be pretty P.O.'ed... honestly I don't know what to say about two people cooperating and sending someone into the losers bracket specifically to beat Hilt. I guess you can call it clever devious or something.

On a side note, if anyone... ANYONE tries to split the pot at any tournaments we run in Lex... then it will take all the willpower I have NOT toaward all your money to 3rd and 4th instead. The grand prize is a grand prize, not two top 2 prizes.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wow. WOW!! That is just wrong beyond belief. If I were Hilt I'd be pretty P.O.'ed...
yeah i kinda am :laugh:

protein, you may end up doing more of the TO work with me than you originally had. running a tournament mostly by myself and trying to do well is too frustrating, and i never do as well as i should.

clowsui

Smash Legend
TO johnzzzz i know them well (even though OS and Dr. X were doing most of the physical operations >_>)

anyways
don't stress it hilt
i honestly think that s2d is not enough for serious louisville smashers any more because you are all familiar with one another's styles...it's basically a training session for everybody who's good in the area. it's a good recruiting tourney, i guess..but yeah not much else other than that

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
If he actually forfeited a match, under normal circumstances in a real tournament he'd have been DQ'd :p

Just FYI... future reference and all that.

haha but i didnt forfeit I played him and lost. That is all.

@ delvra; SO if I win the powerball or lottery and want to give away 3/4ths of it to charity or like a broke cousin they have the right to take my money that i won and recall a new number? NO my good sir. Its MY money and i can do whatever the **** I want to do with it. This is all

Hilt, I see where we did you wrong in this and I didnt recognized it before but my scincerest apologies man. We kinda put you in a 2v1 scenario there and thats very unfair. But, all in all if I wouldve fought spec seriously before i fought you then I most likely wouldve lost and still had been in the losers finals to fight you seeing how he beat me in finals. But still im very sorry.

@clowsui; easy brackets?

@spec I like how you just bluntly tell people what we did to make us look even more bad>.> thats pretty........not smart

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@ delvra; SO if I win the powerball or lottery and want to give away 3/4ths of it to charity or like a broke cousin they have the right to take my money that i won and recall a new number? NO my good sir. Its MY money and i can do whatever the **** I want to do with it. This is all
Not really. I'd have knocked your teeth out and banned you from S2D and said "enjoy your pocket change, you're not playing here again".

That's about as lame as you get.

I wouldn't try anything like that at a MWC event, because you'll both spend it sitting in the car outside the venue.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
protein, you may end up doing more of the TO work with me than you originally had. running a tournament mostly by myself and trying to do well is too frustrating, and i never do as well as i should.

now that you've given me the word, consider it done. I'll shoulder the majority (or all if you'd like) so you can concentrate on matches.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
haha but i didnt forfeit I played him and lost. That is all.
bull ****.

it was a five game set.
not even five minutes after you and I finished our set, spec told me you were done with winners finals. he TOLD me that you forfeited the match, so stop trying to lie.

now imagine this. imagine me scheming with every person at the tournament to take you out. imagine me telling every two people that would have to play, to rig the match so that the person that would do better against you would win. and each time a person would play you, everyone would cheer for that person throughout the set, making it very apparent we're just trying to take you out. psychologically, this would be stressful, wouldn't it? granted, this example is on a larger scale than what happened yesterday, but the idea is the same.

on another note, I see this no different than if I were to rig the bracket so that everyone I would see to be a threat would be in the opposite side of the bracket. but no. I had you, me, spec, and paladin have a ten seed, and crash and calic a nine seed, to try to make it as fair as possible. I was then asked if you and spec could be in opposite brackets, and I thought it would be a pretty nice thing to do, so I did so.

but whatever. I'm not really that mad about it anymore. but dont even TRY to justify anything you did, because there's no point.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You would have gotten *****. On a serious note.
I really wanna know where you're coming from with this. I regularly associate with SF players from Lexington, have been in the upper echelons of every game I've ever played, and am experienced in competitive gaming of all sorts.

Of course, you DID call you getting first in that tournament and we know how that worked out... so maybe I'm wrong and you're not just blowing hot air? :p

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I really wanna know where you're coming from with this. I regularly associate with SF players from Lexington, have been in the upper echelons of every game I've ever played, and am experienced in competitive gaming of all sorts.

Of course, you DID call you getting first in that tournament and we know how that worked out... so maybe I'm wrong and you're not just blowing hot air? :p

I asked Kajoq about your skills in SF. I heard he beat the brakes off of you with the basics. Plus, I calmed all that trash talking down once I saw the roflstomping crew walk in. If it had been just S2D regulars, I would've won that sh*t for sure. Plus, I was going pretty even with the dude that placed 2nd. So before you think I'm mad, you're dead wrong. I'm quite happy there were people there to stomp my face in. It lets me know there is SF scene in Louisville outside of S2D. Lastly, I don't think I've ever heard "Oh, OS is a beast in SF." Not once have I ever heard your name being synonymous the words "Street" or "Fighter". So before you try that "I'm the top of the food chain" BS in SF prove me wrong.

Top Bottom