• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
:O

rowan you were mentioned in the SBR podcast

lol

btw:
DONT QUIIIIIITTTTT

are you going to the circuit event with us for sure?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Really?!?! Last I checked my Cammy and Sagat beat the brakes off of you at MWC in SF2: HD Remix. SF2: HD Remix plays real similar to SF4. So don't think you're ready yet. But we'll see come MWC. BTW OS, SF4 on 360 is garbage.
Dude...we Played twice...You Picked Sagat the First match And then you Played With Blanka....Both of the Matches I Played Ryu...And I Destroyed you...You didn't even win a Round. I don't know who you're confusing me with but Get it Straight pimp...Right after I beat you...Renegade asked to play and that was history....You can't see me in No Street Fighter PERIOD.

y.b.m., I cahllenge you to SF4.

Xbox 360 version, cuz that's what men play.
I'm assuming you meant to spell "challenge"....RaRaRa....And I'll play you on whatever System...Although PS3 is the Best Platform...360 just plain Sucks...Good for FPS and thats about it....

I heard the black people are god tier in .... wrestling. Asians are bottom tier.
I don't **** wrestle...I wrestle Vag*na...I heard Gay people are GOD Tier in **** Wrestling though...So you all can be Tiers in **** wrestling...I'll take care of the Vag*na....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
hilt stay out of it >_> me and the GKs know we are playing. Internet talk is never serious.

Yea i kno.
BTW luck? What luck? Halberd is just one of my good levels =D and if you call that thunder kill on frigate luck youd be wrong. Frigate is a good pika level. First off has the black hole glitch(you probably seen me try it) if i jump in the air at the right moment and thunder, you will be hit by the strong part of thunder. But i kept screwing up and hitting you with the weak part. As for that early thunder kill. I did it cause i knew you would run into it honestly(just didnt know it would kill you) that level is made for thunder. Oh and i was at 126%. after i killed you i took advantage of the fact i knew youd throw out a bunch of kill attacks. allowing me to rack up ur damage. ;D true this might not have happened if you practiced or whatever, but you cant call it luck cause i was playing smart
You beat me....I have no further argument....i'll just say...that it won't happen again...i'll be practicing for a while so you won't have chance of victory... and i wasn't referring to the halberd win...i was talking bout the win on frigate...that was pure luck. but we'll see if we get matched against one another or if you even come.....

neji32

Smash Lord
You beat me....I have no further argument....i'll just say...that it won't happen again...i'll be practicing for a while so you won't have chance of victory... and i wasn't referring to the halberd win...i was talking bout the win on frigate...that was pure luck. but we'll see if we get matched against one another or if you even come.....
I was refering to frigate as well. Thats a thunder happy stage

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I saw the thunder. Twas luck. You were spamming that move like mad and he was almost a stock ahead. You blue parted him on the edge of the stage and he had bad DI at JUSt enough % to kill him.

:p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pure luck:

guessing a number 1 through a billion and getting it right when a stranger is picking the number and you have never seen the stranger

neji32

Smash Lord
Pure luck:

guessing a number 1 through a billion and getting it right when a stranger is picking the number and you have never seen the stranger
In that terms it would be more like guessing between 1-50 an i get 30 chances. I knew spamming thunder would be the victory of that stage. I knew he wasnt about to grab the ledge and he would be hit. I didnt know he'd die. If hes soo much better than me and i got one lucky kill. He should of been able to come back

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Okay, replace it with a computer that is randomly picking a number. -_-;;
Computer random number generators aren't actually random. It's entirely possible to know the system and thereby gain an advantage, raising your chances. Not understanding the code isn't bad luck, it's lack of preparation.

Once more?

Edit: as for console wars. So my numbers are outdated. Meh. Doesn't really bother me.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
true stuff but knowing an algorithm to a random generator can take some work unless you are the creator.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Computer random number generators aren't actually random. It's entirely possible to know the system and thereby gain an advantage, raising your chances. Not understanding the code isn't bad luck, it's lack of preparation.

Once more?

Edit: as for console wars. So my numbers are outdated. Meh. Doesn't really bother me.
You don't know the algorithm.

You didn't know this was going to happen.

It's total luck if you get it or not.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I've been going to school for computer engineering for the past three years, and I can tell you this is literally not possible. A human being cannot reverse engineer a random number generator based solely on its outputs without several pages of work. I know this because I have done it for a grade.

On top of this, every so often most programs will be creating entirely new generators seeded with completely different values. So, you can't even work this out ahead of time. All your work becomes useless before you can even finish it.

In order to actually predict a random event in a video game you would have to do this in your head-- something that would take even a trained engineer hours of work to do on paper. Once again, it's just not possible.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Btw hilt or whoever. Whats going on this saturday?
party tournament at crash's

also, lol at ostrich randomly coming back in here xD
you need to come this weekend. It's a tournament this time, not like last time when it was just a smashfest.

Delvro

Smash Ace
gotta love coming to this thread and reading about random number generators and worldwide ps3 sales.

BTW programming is awesome... to bad I only know how to program TI-83 calculators.

neji32

Smash Lord
party tournament at crash's also, lol at ostrich randomly coming back in here xD you need to come this weekend. It's a tournament this time, not like last time when it was just a smashfest.
Do we have to drive straight there or will there be rides from oxmore????

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
ummmm

i'm not gonna be able to pick anyone up myself. The only people i know that COULD pick you up are calic (which i think he may be close to a full car group, i dunno) and JKip (who's picking up tac, so... you'd have to ask him.)

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Dr.X you randomly dropped off the face of the smash world, are you coming to any tournaments soon?

Protein

Smash Apprentice
crash, I need you to check your PMs concerning when I can show up on saturday and whether or not I need to arrange a different ride.

cause the time frame for my ride is earlier than twelve, possibly by quite a bit.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
The point I'm trying to make is this. There's no situation you can't, under any circumstance, influence the outcome of. Chance exists, but nothing is entirely based on luck. However unreasonable a circumstance may be, it's still possible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
But that isn't true.

If you're sitting at home and I tell you to guess which key I just hit on my keyboard, you can't possibly alter your chances in any logical way. You can alter your chances, but not in a logical way because you have no info. That would be luck.

Top Bottom