• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

wangston

Smash Lord
makes me wish i would have chosen an east coast school to go too so I could have gone to cot4. RIG is now famous along with 12 year old anti who's mom made him leave after beating azen.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
makes me wish i would have chosen an east coast school to go too so I could have gone to cot4. RIG is now famous along with 12 year old anti who's mom made him leave after beating azen.
Wait, What!? WHAT? Random kid beat azen and had to LEAVE!?

smash64

Smash Champion
im not moving to louisville but since my sister lives in louisville i go see her sometimes and i could stay at her house and go to one of your guys tourney some time

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yes. This tournament is full of win.

Also...

in the chat, we continually posted "fail inui fail" until he messed up and died. This happened continuously.

I was also psychic and called Inui's failure in a 1v1 against spammerer when it was 2 vs. spammerer. :D

neji32

Smash Lord
i think figured olimar out.

1) If you spam olimar he will do jumps to forward B. This is when you go in to punish him.

2) if your around 100% or higher and olimar has
a) Blue Pikman- he will go for a grab. Jump aorund bait out the grab and spam. He will eventually realize he cant get teh grab and usmash
b) Red/White/yellow- he will probably throw it away but if he keeps it then he will use it for countering(grabbing or smashing)
c)Purple- same as blue except he might save this one for knocking you over for a variety of reasons.
Also on a side note. If your at killing range olimar 80% of the time WILL NOT spam you with forward b even if you camp him.

3) If you are able to attack the olimar up close and he blocks it. Don't spotdodge, roll behind him cause he will go for a grab.

4) Don't expect fsmash or dsmash cause they hardly ever do it. They will usually usmash.

I got all of this information from our last match hilt and i know that all of this information is mostly true and works because thats how i made my come back last stock when you were up by 2 stocks. Now I will put this into my regular game play against you and i should win as long as olimar doesnt have anything else up his sleeve.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
i figured olimar out.

1) If you spam olimar he will do jumps to forward B. This is when you go in to punish him.

2) if your around 100% or higher and olimar has
a) Blue Pikman- he will go for a grab. Jump aorund bait out the grab and spam. He will eventually realize he cant get teh grab and usmash
b) Red/White/yellow- he will probably throw it away but if he keeps it then he will use it for countering(grabbing or smashing)
c)Purple- same as blue except he might save this one for knocking you over for a variety of reasons.
Also on a side note. If your at killing range olimar 80% of the time WILL NOT spam you with forward b even if you camp him.

3) If you are able to attack the olimar up close and he blocks it. Don't spotdodge, roll behind him cause he will go for a grab.

4) Don't expect fsmash or dsmash cause they hardly ever do it. They will usually usmash.

I got all of this information from our last match hilt and i know that all of this information is true and works because thats how i made my come back last stock when you were up by 2 stocks. Now I will put this into my regular game play against you and i should win as long as olimar doesnt have anything else up his sleeve.

I don't think you have it quite figured out, might want to try again with such an analysis... But you are pretty much kidding yourself when you think you've figured out an entire character based on one persons habits.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I wouldn't tell a man his own habits...
Unless you want to lose.

@HILT
Where's the vidz at from Morehead, bro?

neji32

Smash Lord
I don't think you have it quite figured out, might want to try again with such an analysis... But you are pretty much kidding yourself when you think you've figured out an entire character based on one persons habits.
first off this isnt one mans habits, its two lol tactical does the same thing, i was even able to tell him while we were playing and he kept doing it.
but right now im not concerned about other olimars. The only other olimar i know about is fino, and i beat him with normal play, Hilt is the only olimar i play and to me is olimar. I have hilts olimar figured out, whether or not i can actually stop his strategy is the hard part. besides im trying a new approach to playing brawl. If i wanted to beat hilt that bad i would just cp snake and mk.
I wouldn't tell a man his own habits...
Unless you want to lose.

@HILT
Where's the vidz at from Morehead, bro?
i dont mind him changing his "habits"because habits are bad. If i tell him i hope h e stops some of them and corrects his play so that he becomes better, thats the point of a "crew" to help each other get better. Besides this information was costly(literally i lost 4$ on that match lol) but hilt is a smart olimar player and im 100% sure he goes to olimar boards and looks up strategies and what not. What hilt does may be what other olimars do, so playing him and getting this information not only will it help hilt realize any flaws in his play but im also confirming where i can definately attack olimar.

wangston

Smash Lord
better watch out for oli's nair to usmash or nair to utilt, to uair. I played xero an olimar in vegas and he hardly ever grab he just owned with nair.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol this is tooooo good

alright, here's me:

when you're after 100%?

Blue: Imma grab you. if a blue's up front there's nothing else i really wanna do. Dash grab, sheild grab, pivot grab, i'm gonna grab you. So you're pretty right on that one.

Yellow: no, i'm not gonna throw this. I'm gonna hit you with it. For some reason you think all my kills come off of Grabs. USmash kills just as easily if i dont diminish it like i usually do ( >.< ). But also, yellow FAir is amazing.

Red: off the stage. yeah. **** you red.

White: latch

purple: Any of the above (cept red). grab, throw, usmash, purple will be used for everything.

Also, FSmash/DSmash are AMAZING. FSmash isnt as good against pika, but when you get close range and think you can DSmash my sheild? Yeah, my DSmash is gonna come next. And when we start doing the classic "dodge - attack - dodge - attack" simultaneously, and we're dodging each other's attacks? yeah, i'll just charge my DSmash durring your dodge, and you die. That's how i get most of my kills against tac lol

And spamming you when you're at high percents is still important. It refreshes my attacks that I diminish very quickly. That's what i gotta work on >.> not usmashing so much lol. Oh, and the only reason I ever threw away white/yellow in that money match was because I had one blue, and the rest were yellow/red/white, and my USmash was diminished to the point of not being able to kill you.

anyways, there's your "Hilt's Strategy", spec lol enjoy

neji32

Smash Lord
lol this is tooooo good

alright, here's me:

when you're after 100%?

Blue: Imma grab you. if a blue's up front there's nothing else i really wanna do. Dash grab, sheild grab, pivot grab, i'm gonna grab you. So you're pretty right on that one.

Yellow: no, i'm not gonna throw this. I'm gonna hit you with it. For some reason you think all my kills come off of Grabs. USmash kills just as easily if i dont diminish it like i usually do ( >.< ). But also, yellow FAir is amazing.
I kept thinking to myself.....theres somthing i hate about yellows while pika....thats what i forgot....i cant destroy them with half my attacks -_-* there more as well.....i realized you go in for an attack/grab when i destroy the pikman. Oh and for some reason i get the feeling that red white and yellows usmash isn't that strong. Thats why i didn't mention it there =/ guess im wrong
Red: off the stage. yeah. **** you red.
lmao
White: latch
purple: Any of the above (cept red). grab, throw, usmash, purple will be used for everything.

Also, FSmash/DSmash are AMAZING. FSmash isnt as good against pika, but when you get close range and think you can DSmash my sheild? Yeah, my DSmash is gonna come next. And when we start doing the classic "dodge - attack - dodge - attack" simultaneously, and we're dodging each other's attacks? yeah, i'll just charge my DSmash durring your dodge, and you die. That's how i get most of my kills against tac lol

And spamming you when you're at high percents is still important. It refreshes my attacks that I diminish very quickly. That's what i gotta work on >.> not usmashing so much lol. Oh, and the only reason I ever threw away white/yellow in that money match was because I had one blue, and the rest were yellow/red/white, and my USmash was diminished to the point of not being able to kill you.

anyways, there's your "Hilt's Strategy", spec lol enjoy[/QUOTE]

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
IMA SAPAMMING!! Cuz my post counts are low and I like reading not posting (not to mention my 4 abandoned accounts

-DiK *****

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
awesome light!
i'll show you some stuff about him next time i see you. And yeah, next S2D is on the 21st. We're traveling the week after that to UK.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I kept thinking to myself.....theres somthing i hate about yellows while pika....thats what i forgot....i cant destroy them with half my attacks -_-* there more as well.....i realized you go in for an attack/grab when i destroy the pikman. Oh and for some reason i get the feeling that red white and yellows usmash isn't that strong. Thats why i didn't mention it there =/ guess im wrong

lmao

anyways, there's your "Hilt's Strategy", spec lol enjoy
[/QUOTE]

*Scheme* Good...good. Thanks for that invaluable information Spec. I may be able to take a stock from Hilt before I lose 2 of them. On another note I feel that I've improved with Weegee, Sonic, Falco and Fox. ^_^

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
*Scheme* Good...good. Thanks for that invaluable information Spec. I may be able to take a stock from Hilt before I lose 2 of them. On another note I feel that I've improved with Weegee, Sonic, Falco and Fox. ^_^
lol that was the information I gave. Spec just fails at putting 'quote' tags in the right places.

neji32

Smash Lord
lol that was the information I gave. Spec just fails at putting 'quote' tags in the right places.
xD your post are always amazing. I'm going to try to take lilcj to the next tourny.

*Scheme* Good...good. Thanks for that invaluable information Spec. I may be able to take a stock from Hilt before I lose 2 of them. On another note I feel that I've improved with Weegee, Sonic, Falco and Fox. ^_^[/QUOTE]
Your sonics not bad and your fox got better.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
xD your post are always amazing. I'm going to try to take lilcj to the next tourny.

Your sonics not bad and your fox got better.

Thanks. I've got some work to do with Sonic though. I saw some things J-Kip was doing that I should incorporate into my playstyle. BTW your Falco is ****.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Maybe Im just cheap, but why does everyone want to do money matches? Isn't regular friendlies just fine?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Maybe Im just cheap, but why does everyone want to do money matches? Isn't regular friendlies just fine?

Because we are too lazy to get jobs. Well me, Kip and Crash all have jobs. I don't know about everyone else. Plus I'll only money match in Street Fighter 3, Soul Calibur and Mario Kart Double Dash.

EDIT: When I get some money Hilt, I'm coming for that a$$ in Double Dash!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
money matches let me know my opponent is playing at their best. I money matched overswarm four times at the MWCC, knowing there wasnt much of a chance of me losing. I got better from that. If it was only a friendly? He probably would've sandbagged hardcore. Plus it drives me to do better, knowing i'm gonna lose something if I dont take it seriously. however, i do need to start playing more friendly >.> lol

and BRING IT OREO!!
dont forget the side tournament on the 21st!! I'm looking more forward to that than the brawl tournament :D

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
money matches let me know my opponent is playing at their best. I money matched overswarm four times at the MWCC, knowing there wasnt much of a chance of me losing. I got better from that. If it was only a friendly? He probably would've sandbagged hardcore. Plus it drives me to do better, knowing i'm gonna lose something if I dont take it seriously. however, i do need to start playing more friendly >.> lol

and BRING IT OREO!!
dont forget the side tournament on the 21st!! I'm looking more forward to that than the brawl tournament :D

Don't worry. I'll be at the top of my game Hilt. Ask 9 and Calic about me! I brought it hardcore.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Eric ... go jump off a bridge ^_^

money matches i guess are just used to see whos really better. 1 dollar tends not to bring people up out of sandbagging but 5 usually will.

So i guess its a way for the really good guys to hustle people...

Top Bottom