• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Reverse mains was a lot of fun; I can't believe I ran into a G-Dorf main though. I finally beat Tactical's Lucario in one game, but he was half-asleep. I landed a fully charged DK fsmash. Bam.

I'm heading back to my college on Thursday where I am the Lord and God of smash there. It was a ton of fun playing lots of good people, especially at $5, which I don't mind at all (because I don't get top 4, of course.) Thanks for running the tournaments Hilt. Someone had to step up, and it was you. Kudos.

If you have any videos of me Hilt, it'd be cool to have at least one on youtube. Just not the one where Tactical absolutely shredded my Pika, k? By the way, I think internet apologies are laaame. Better than nothing I guess.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I did not think it up, thank you very much. Xisin did.

indirectly he was more or less asking for me to play marth and grab him. I'm not sure why you would willingly ask for that. (too bad he wasn't here for that)

anyways, I run sides so people won't be bored between matches. I'm thinking of limiting it to 8~10 persons at a time, and prioritizing certain players. (maybe people that contribute to the pot) so it doesn't take forever. either that or I start it immediately upon entry before the main event starts.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
okay, first of all Tactical. I'd like to go ahead and apologize for being a jerk towards you during the tournament. I guess i just got kinda mad... anyways, I felt bad for snapping at you so I just wanted to apologize. I'd rather the two of us not start hating each other because of that...

>.>

so i'm sorry

Main Tournament
1. Rowan (Peach)
2. Hilt (Olimar)
3. Paladin (Meta Knight, Fox)
4. Tactical (Lucario)
5. Harbinger (DK, Pikachu)
5. Mr. 9 (Game and Watch)
7. Protein (Ness)
7. Pie (Wolf)

Side Tournament: Reverse Mains
1. Rowan
2. Harbinger
3. Nick
4. Joshi
5. Mr. 9
5. Mach5
7. Player1
7. Protein

Good tournament everyone
Not a bad turnout really. 20 was decent. And yeah overswarm... the pot really was small. $40 for first >.>

But josh is making a business out of this. And he refuses to make any for of venue fee, or raise the price... so whatever
Mr. 9 and Pie placed better than me!? Shenanigans! Shenanigans I say!

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I did not think it up, thank you very much. Xisin did.

indirectly he was more or less asking for me to play marth and grab him. I'm not sure why you would willingly ask for that. (too bad he wasn't here for that)

anyways, I run sides so people won't be bored between matches. I'm thinking of limiting it to 8~10 persons at a time, and prioritizing certain players. (maybe people that contribute to the pot) so it doesn't take forever. either that or I start it immediately upon entry before the main event starts.
Double post cause I run this ****.

Just make side events single elim. Seriously.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Nice getting second Hilt. I've picked up Olimar as a secondary. We've got to do dittos sometime.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
that's awesome tyr! I'll need to play your olimar next weekend. I'm still trying to decide on a secondary to stick to... I dunno, I'll have to put some thought into it. plus I wanna play your lucas more... it's just too weird of a matchup... lol

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
OHHHH! hey light falco has an official new thing he says when he does his final smash

"personally i prefer your mom!"

lolz :]

use it and kill people with it!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
What time are you guys heading out to Indy on Friday? Xi and I might meet up and follow if possible.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
we're leaving S2D at about 4:00 friday.

We'll be meeting up early though for some practice. You guys are welcome to come if you want

:D

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
we're leaving S2D at about 4:00 friday.

We'll be meeting up early though for some practice. You guys are welcome to come if you want

I could make it there at about 3ish.
staying at the venue overnight?

neji32

Smash Lord
theres a new discovery agains the tornado. any character can beat the tornado with it too.

It has been discovered that a pivot grab can successfully beat the tornado without taking any damage. If you run away from the nado then turn and do an instant pivot grab you will successfully grab MK out of his tornado.

This works even if the tornado is coming towards you. It has been tested with almost every single character, including the IC's who have a worse pivot grab than pika and it worked successfully.

Enjoy.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
But olimar can just grab through it. Thats nothing new.

We're talking about characters with actual grabs.

Also, this doesn't really change anything.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Midwest Championships. Allstate Orchestra that day. Anyways, we're holding a small tournament locally next monday. It's at a highschool kid's house so we can't hold many more than we already have. Probably need to keep it under 20. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll see if we can fit you.

Also the stuff about grabbing MK's tornado should have been known for a long time. Grabs outprioritize pretty much everything. The issue is spacing it right which is what pivot grabbing can help with. Not to mention if MK is too high off the ground you'll just whiff a grab and get hit. I do it with Lucas every once in a while but it's not as useful as it sounds.

neji32

Smash Lord
Its actually more useful than it sounds Cr4sh. Cause it works on all frames of the grab/nado so you can just do a quick run picot grab once you see a nado coming

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Its actually more useful than it sounds Cr4sh. Cause it works on all frames of the grab/nado so you can just do a quick run picot grab once you see a nado coming
Try this on me and I get a free tornado hit. You should be above most grab ranges anyway

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Okay, time for Hilt to make another wall of text that nobody's gonna read

About this weekend. I need to be sure that I know who is and isnt going. The people going so far that I know of are Cr4sh, Tactical, Rowan, Calic, Paladin, JKip, Mr. 9, and myself. We have up to four open spots in JKips car if anyone else is planning on going, but I dont think there is anyone... oh, Jiano. You've never even said anything about this. I.. havent even really talked to you since forever ago lol.

About friday, here's what we're planning on doing for those I havent talked to.

At 10:00a.m. Friday, everyone that doesnt have school meet up at S2D for some last minute practice. We'll be waiting on Cr4sh and Paladin who will both be in school, but as soon as they get to the mall, we're leaving. We're staying the night at the venue friday night and leaving saturday night after the tournament. Cr4sh/JKip are probably gonna be tired for the four hour drive lol.

Plan to not be home until early sunday morning. Like 4:00. Or later. I dont know how long this will go on, but I'm pretty sure it'll be quite late.

(heh, that wasnt as long as i thought it'd be ^.^)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hey...if there are open spots, could Xisin and I just ride with some of you guys once we get to Louisville?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Was thinking about offering you guys, actually.

I doubt Cr4sh/JKip would mind, and I highly doubt we'd fill those spots lol.
It'd probably be more convenient that way anyways

so plan on it

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Was thinking about offering you guys, actually.

I doubt Cr4sh/JKip would mind, and I highly doubt we'd fill those spots lol.
It'd probably be more convenient that way anyways

so plan on it
Sweet [robotic] a**!

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
yeah i dont mind so go on ahead

and also i was rather wanting to get home earlier then 4 but fine i guess.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah i dont mind so go on ahead

and also i was rather wanting to get home earlier then 4 but fine i guess.
it all depends on when it's over...

if it lasts until twelve there wont be much i can do >.>

Edit: if you paladin and at least one other person wanted to leave earlier than us, you'd be able to. He would rather leave a bit earlier as well, but I want to stay as long as i can lol. But that's just me, I dont think cr4sh (who's driving) would feel the same. But since you're driving Kip, as long as you can get at least two other people (including paladin) to go with you, you could go home separate from us. just an idea.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Check the AiB crew thread, i made an important post there, that could possibly benifit Kentucky smashers. I need to get Lexington in on this. (Delvro I will contact you somehow.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Good news everyone!

I have the Epic "Hilt vs. Infern" Money matches on DVD

Bad news is that I can't rip them until like later this week. Expect them closer to Thursday - Sunday.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Good news everyone!

I have the Epic "Hilt vs. Infern" Money matches on DVD

Bad news is that I can't rip them until like later this week. Expect them closer to Thursday - Sunday.
-Bi**h I had tickets to that event.
Me saw the **** with me own eyes.
Who ***** again? :p

neji32

Smash Lord
Hilt I might be coming(lol same problem as always) I just need to find a ride back. Though light has like no chance at coming this time =( (he has church, and his mom still mad about last time) So put me on the maybe list plz. I really dont wanna miss this and im doing all i can to make it.

Wat time are you leavin friday?(wiis actin slow, cant go back a page)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well we do have room. However, the only requirement is that if JKip wants to leave at say... 8:00 or 10:00 p.m. you'll have to go with him. I'm sure he wouldnt make you leave if you were still in the tournament however. We just need to make sure at least three people ride back with him if he decides to leave early, so that we dont have more people there than Cr4sh's van can seat. I know Paladin will go, and I'm pretty sure Rowan is up for it (unless I read what he wrote wrong.)

If you do go with us, we'll be leaving Oxmoor at 4:00 friday, as soon as Cr4sh gets there from school.

Top Bottom