• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Chi, if you're going to this do you think you could possibly give me a ride? Maybe Dlaw too if I can convince him to come. I don't know what Bob is doing.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah they are wrong. I've already talked to them about it. They don't seem to get that having Pikmin attached to Lucas is a good thing because it makes Dsmash and Usmash last forever. Also Pikmin create priority walls for PK Fire since they blow the bolt up on contact. Not to mention Oli is easy to edgeguard with PK Thunder.

But yeah I'd really like to come. I'm just hoping I can get a ride and my parents are okay with it. Living at home sucks...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I dunno. There's a chance I can get my parents to drive me down but it's not real likely. If not I'll see ya'll at the next Cinci tournament for sure.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make it to the tournament tomorrow, christmas with my brother and his family. I might, however be able to show up a bit later. So hey, play friendlies forever, I want to join.

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah i'll have my cables for sure. I really hope that this makes the lag go to zero or so infinitesimally small that it's impossible to detect , so cincy will come here more often.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
I can't remember why I go to these. We need to fire up some different tournaments every once in a while. By that I mean different games. Also melee can't really happen because of the TVs, and that makes me wanna kill myself.

Who the hell buys those fucking TVs for games god damn

I'm probably not going to come today because I'm tired as balls.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember why I go to these. We need to fire up some different tournaments every once in a while. By that I mean different games. Also melee can't really happen because of the TVs, and that makes me wanna kill myself.

Who the hell buys those fucking TVs for games god damn

I'm probably not going to come today because I'm tired as balls.
I don't know why you go either. You always look incredibly dour.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1.Jiano
2. Tactical
3. Hilt
4. Wangston
5. Hoboz
7. Kyuzu
7. Will
9. Mr. 9
9. calic
9. Mach5
9. Joey
13. Paladin
13. EZMac
13. Excel
17. Hunter
17. Player1
17. JKip
17. Zach
17. JDB
17. Pie
17. Irving

And for the low tier tournament:
1. Hilt - Trainer
2. Tactical - Trainer
3. Vy - Mario Link
4. Joey - Jigglypuff
5. JKip - Sonic
5. calic - Captain Phoenix (falcon)
7. Wangston - Captain Falcon
7. Protein - Ness
9. Kyuzu
9. Player1
9. Mr. 9 - Jiggly Puff
9. JDB
13. Will
13. Excel
13. Irving
13. EZMac
17. Pie
17. Jiano
17. Hoboz
17. Mach5
17. Hunter
17. Gene
17. Zach

Good tournament everyone! Next week there arent going to be as many of us there, since we'll be traveling to cincy. If you WANT to go with us, send me a pm or something and I'll see if we have room for you. I need to get this whole thing figured out, especially who's driving....

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hilt
sign on to AIM so we can talk attendance/stages =)

Also looks like Excel won't be too much trouble after all >=P

Wangston if you ever read this thread, I've learnt how to RBPG/BPG more consistently....watch out

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll get on later tonight. I'm still at S2D and i'm about to leave.

as for a list of people comming....
i'll tell you in a couple days. not sure yet

wangston

Smash Lord
If hoes want a ride back that night drive to my house. I took my 40 extra mins dropping people off, don't worry I'm a nice guy so I wasn't too upset about it. Just let me know and I'll pm you my address it's just 20 mins away from s2d, it's right off of 71 so it's not out of the way at all.

Jiano your just lucky I didn't play you in the tourney haha.

Hilt nice job, it's good to see you use olis combo, dthrow, usmash, uair/fair lol 50% just like that.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
If hoes want a ride back that night drive to my house. I took my 40 extra mins dropping people off, don't worry I'm a nice guy so I wasn't too upset about it. Just let me know and I'll pm you my address it's just 20 mins away from s2d, it's right off of 71 so it's not out of the way at all.

Jiano your just lucky I didn't play you in the tourney haha.

Hilt nice job, it's good to see you use olis combo, dthrow, usmash, uair/fair lol 50% just like that.
oh Taylor PM me your address so i can go on map quest to figure out the directions. i don plan on driving again any time soon, driving is so tiring.:chuckle: that rymed!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lol no it doesnt xD

anyways, good games everyone

'specially you taylor! Never done that well against your falco in a tournament...

and congratulations jiano! surprising well for someone that greatly hates the game lol

CR4SH

Smash Lord
So the stage talk got me thinking today.

Why in the world do we ban skyworld if we allow rainbow cruise? I call for change.

wangston

Smash Lord
I would have gotten further in low tiers if I didn't leave. My Falcon is OP!!!! J kip mains sonic lol what was I supposed to do. I tried to jab him out of the ball move but he is too short, or maybe falcon is too tall.

Sky world is gay behind all reason. It's janky beyond all jankiness. The kirby in utah CP there every time sooooo gay. It's one of the worst stages ever.

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, Puff showin his powah :D xD! Jk, I need to work on not using rollout so much XD! Too predictable o.o Well, there is always next week/week after for me o.o;

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sky world is gay behind all reason. It's janky beyond all jankiness. The kirby in utah CP there every time sooooo gay. It's one of the worst stages ever.
good explination lol

it's the whole 'i can spike you ANYWHEREZ' factor. It's not TOO bad, but no one would pick it, and people would get mad about it being on. It's a casual tournament so I dont want arguments among everyone.

If it's legal, I'm fighting for port town

._.

and distant planet.

but if you think that sky world and rainbow are equal, I'd ban them both if it were up to me. But it's not.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Distant planet I can understand, but how is being able to be spiked at the sides or bottom of a stage (sometimes) worse than being able to be pulled into the water and spiked before you can move? 1) you can choose not to play at the bottom or sides when they're broken 2) broken platforms regenerate quickly 3) you have to actually break them before they go away. It's not like the stage is actually trying to kill you.

Also, wangston, logics plzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit: when I said rainbow cruise I meant pirate ship. That's a mistake, and I just reallized I did it.

Edit #2: ban FD.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Man look at my **** treaty :/
I've instated some rules to make this pretty fair (not fair for wangston though...until the summer that is)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Distant planet I can understand, but how is being able to be spiked at the sides or bottom of a stage (sometimes) worse than being able to be pulled into the water and spiked before you can move? 1) you can choose not to play at the bottom or sides when they're broken 2) broken platforms regenerate quickly 3) you have to actually break them before they go away. It's not like the stage is actually trying to kill you.

Also, wangston, logics plzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit: when I said rainbow cruise I meant pirate ship. That's a mistake, and I just reallized I did it.

Edit #2: ban FD.
I'm not arguing Distant planet and port town, I'm saying that if sky world is legal there are SOOO many stages i'll fight for. Pirate ship you can only get spiked through the water if you're OFF STAGE and it's still pretty easy to avoid if you know what you're doing.

FD? I wouldnt care if it was counterpick, honestly. Not banned by any means though.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'd seriously be fine with it being counterpick though lol

but no one would prolly go for that >.>

oh, and I need to know who's going to cincy.

like NAOW

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I would seriously go with FD counterpick too, I hate it so much.

And how much smaller is next weeks going to be. I have a 3 hour drive to the place, I doubt I'll come if its really small.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Drive an hour more to get to Cincy
There is none for the next week basically, they're coming to Ohio for competition.
There will probably be 40 ppl.
Bring other people from SoVa with you :< Falls Church? I know some ppl live there :O

Top Bottom