• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1)could you get there early so we could test?
2)if it DOES remove a large portion of the lag, where's the nearest area from the mall that would sell them? I'd be willing to pick up the extra cables.

wangston

Smash Lord
1)could you get there early so we could test?
2)if it DOES remove a large portion of the lag, where's the nearest area from the mall that would sell them? I'd be willing to pick up the extra cables.
I think there is a gamestop in the mall... but i'm not for sure. And my cables are the official Nintendo ones, and they tend to be a better quality than the 3rd party ones. so those 3rd party ones may or may not yield the same results.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
there isnt one in the mall... so I'd have to ride with tactical or someone. So where would i be able to find the official nintendo ones?

wangston

Smash Lord
those are like $30. I say you try the 3rd party ones first cause they will be like 10$ or 15$. All see how early I can get there, probably around 11 or so. Just go to the best buy, circuit city, or the mall right down the road to get them.

We should do are own mini crew battle against each other. We should have two captains and then pick teams, that would be so much fun to do.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
The cables I use, and was specifically talking about were these right here

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=33927

As far as 1st/3rd party cables are concerned, I really wouldn't worry about it. The only difference in cables tends to be shielding, and there isn't enough else going on at s2d to worry about that. The only thing hooked to those tvs are wiis anyway. The other thing to worry about is durability, and who cares. Really, good cables are so overrated and overpriced it makes me want to vomit.

They should help quite a bit, but won't fix the problem entirely.

As for mini-crews. Yeah,that would be fun. =D

Edit: forgot to mention. There's one gamestop in the other mall, and one down the road on the left, v. close by.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
cinci is too good

it was awesome light you should have come
(and yes, for like the fifth time, there's a tournament saturday lol)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think i should go ahead and post this, since protein hasnt yet on SWF.

on aib he was talking about holding side tournaments at S2D, on the fourth tv. So basically he'll run that while I do the regular tournament. This week he's going to be doing a Low Tier Tournament, using the SBR's tier list.
Any more information I can get on this? When will the low tier tournament be? Will it be the same as the regular tournaments there, but low tier? (5 dollar entry, dbl elim, etc etc)

Greg, my brothers Charlie and Jay, and me are interested in the low tier tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
the low tier tournament will be held at the same time as the regular tournament, on the spare TV. The rules will be the same, just only low tier characters. Whether or not there's an entry fee, I'm not sure actually. I still need to talk to protein about that more. There MAY be an entry fee, but it wouldnt be more than like $1 or $2, since this will be our first time doing something like this. After it starts going more and if people start getting serious about it, we may up the entry fee, and make it a serious event.

also, even though it's a low tier tournament this week, it may be something different next week. We have a list of like 2382472984729 different things we can hold with the spare TV, such as doubles, or melee (or melawl). We're just gonna improvise.

It'd be cool if you guys showed up though!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I dont know if people are going to show up tomorrow... I probably wont, since i'll need to use tomorrow to get my sleep back on track (was up until (9:30 this morning lol) and dont like playing brawl when i'm half asleep

i dont know if anyone else will be showing up or not though.

Edit: Tetris Attack lol yeah i'll tell him to bring it. Protein'll be using the TV for a side tournament, but i'm sure you could use it afterwards

And Spec, ever play pokemon puzzle league? That's a generic version of Tetris Attack

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yep starts at 12:00. Sometimes starts around 12:30, but i dunno. We usually get there at like 10:00 though. If you cant get there by 12:00 just let me know

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there around 2-3pm. I'll be at my Grandmother's from 11-2, and the rest is drive time. I will be there though, so if anyone wants to get some brawl on I'm game.
hey tatical do wanna maybe hang at my place since after i meet at the mall? we might jst head to my house and play some brawl and possibly some GENERALS...oops! sorry this is smashboards! not E.A. mybad cant talk about opther games here not related to Smash.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I can if I can convince the parents it's not at a house >.> but there's still the problem of pooling with you all >.> I swear to god my parents can be really irrational.

Edit: Wait...processing...ok, maybe on that, need to check what day I get back to school ;-;

clowsui

Smash Legend
Most if not all of us get back to school on the 5th.

I'll probably be at this...I'll just do all the **** I need to do during the week.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
looks liek someone gets another chance to prove they can take out someone's last stock without getting Klap-Trapped Twice

:D

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'm tyring to come to this but I just realized I have no GC controller with me, I'm with the family now, and I left my controller back home. Does anyone know a place that still sells them, the gamestop in my town doesn't anymore?

Top Bottom