• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I would seriously go with FD counterpick too, I hate it so much.

And how much smaller is next weeks going to be. I have a 3 hour drive to the place, I doubt I'll come if its really small.
o, shnap! 3 hours?? yeah, if you went to S2D there'd be like... ten people there. Most of the people that are significantly good are going to (or wanting to go to) cincinnati. So if you wanna go there instead, it'd be in your interest.

joey, as i said earlier, your parents would have to take you. cr4sh wont take responsibility lol.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Ha, I think this was my favorite tourney so far. I still get worked by the better players, so I'll be there Friday to practice. I want to go to Cinci and do crews. How many are in a crew typically? Depending on who goes, I'm pretty sure I'm floating at the bottom the top 8 of the people who regularly attend S2D, and I assume we want to bring our best.

Hilt, our MM was my favorite of the day. There were some pretty huge momentum shifts. Olimar should be banned. "50% ALREADY!?!?!?"

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Ha, I think this was my favorite tourney so far. I still get worked by the better players, so I'll be there Friday to practice. I want to go to Cinci and do crews. How many are in a crew typically? Depending on who goes, I'm pretty sure I'm floating at the bottom the top 8 of the people who regularly attend S2D, and I assume we want to bring our best.

Hilt, our MM was my favorite of the day. There were some pretty huge momentum shifts. Olimar should be banned. "50% ALREADY!?!?!?"
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213063

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Drive an hour more to get to Cincy
There is none for the next week basically, they're coming to Ohio for competition.
There will probably be 40 ppl.
Bring other people from SoVa with you :< Falls Church? I know some ppl live there :O
I live about 20 minutes from Falls Church, lots of good players there, but I'm in visiting family for Christmas now, so I'm in Ashland. I do have one friend that might be willing to come though, I may try Cincy.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I won't personally be involved with (or condone, grrrrrrrrr) any brawl+ tournys. Screw wavedashing, I'm bad at it. =P. I would love to see no tripping everywhere at every time possible though. So simple, so perfect.

Joey, I don't mind if you come in my car, but there;s no way I'm taking any sort of responsibility for anything you do or anything involved with you lol. I'm still a child for the most part.

Joe, come to cincinatti if you want competition next week. I think it's closer to ashland anyway.

Skyworld isn't completely broken (just mostly).

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
he's thirteen chi lol

and joey: Melawl/Brawlee is when you try to make brawl into melee. Wavedashing, melee airdodging, those things.

brawl+ is just making brawl better. More hitstun, no tripping, that's basically it. The main difference is that Melawl uses melee air dodge, and brawl+ doenst

wangston

Smash Lord
Why do I think Sky World should be banned. It's made for sakuris 3 characters , meta, kirby, and d3. You can also use pit and rob. But it basically makes them instant win. Or if two really good people are playing it last for ever, they tech everything. If you miss a tech you die. G&W dthrow puts you under the clouds in the middle under the platform and if your not some one who can recover, you die. Idk i hate when i don't ban this stage and some one picks it, is sooooooo annoying. It's basically switch to one of those 5 people or lose a game, or tech everything but I'm no robot.

lol hilt two bans ftw.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
PS2 doesnt really need to be banned... there's nothing that makes it completely broken as a stage. I'll fight for Rainbow Cruise to be banned if Stadium goes >.>

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
Hilt, i think he ment 2 bans, not PS2 XD! i just think that because he said bans and not ban ._. and ps is usually at the end of a message o.o

edit: nvm, he edited it o.o;

clowsui

Smash Legend
Why do I think Sky World should be banned. It's made for sakuris 3 characters , meta, kirby, and d3. You can also use pit and rob. But it basically makes them instant win. Or if two really good people are playing it last for ever, they tech everything. If you miss a tech you die. G&W dthrow puts you under the clouds in the middle under the platform and if your not some one who can recover, you die. Idk i hate when i don't ban this stage and some one picks it, is sooooooo annoying. It's basically switch to one of those 5 people or lose a game, or tech everything but I'm no robot.

lol hilt two bans ftw.
Other characters that are BEAST on that stage:

Peach
TL
Lucas?
GW
Ness?
Jiggles
Wario?

Characters with very high aerial mobility or spammable projectiles + a decent recovery are very good on this stage.

Platforms' cave of life are destructible. If you're a character whose recovery gets gimped (tetheres) on this stage, accept the responsibility of playing that character, switch characters or find a way around the stage issue.

IMO this is a stage that you really have to learn but it is really gay if you don't know what you're doing.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hmm, makes it easier for one character to win. Sounds like the definition of counterpick to me.

Peach
TL
Lucas?
GW
Ness?
Jiggles
Wario?
Luigi?
Sonic?
Diddy Kong?
Snake?
Pikachu?
Anyone with decent vertical recovery?

Definitely not falco.
Basically, just like, say, Jungle Japes, the stage can do really bad things to characters with bad vertical/horizontal recovery and/or don't know how to play it. I don't see how that's banworthy.

wangston

Smash Lord
i would be fine if there were no janky stages at all. Sliq pointed out that he goes 2-1 because of janky stages. Lets get ride of them and save time. Yeah jungle japes is a great stage for falco but I would give that stage up in a heart beat to get ride of other janky stages.

I don't like janky stages but they are there so looks like I have to use them.

So really the match comes down to who wins the first game because your going to get cp'd on a janky stage and lose the 3rd game. But this can be solved by using meta knight.

It's a personally preference I would rather fight on bf or sv any day. As opposed to any stage that stage hits me in any fashion even if it is predictable and it does 10%.

neji32

Smash Lord
2 things,
1) Lights falco went 2-3(i won three) against my mk at skyworld. its really just knowing your advantages there....i.e falcos multiple utilts to smashes
2) jungle japes hardly gives falco the advantage. against some characters yes. but alot of other characters do just as well there

clowsui

Smash Legend
Except in most cases people hate jankfests enough that they won't pick them and instead I won't be wasting any time because they're played in friendlies. Most friendlies that we play in MW are pretty serious, we go ~60-70% which is good enough as a general impression for me.

This'll easily weed out ghei stages.

wangston

Smash Lord
as long as everyone doesn't cp sky world, every time i ban something else, just to spite me I think i'll be fine.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
onett makes it easier for DDD to win

._.
best thing about marth vs dedede ever.

0% fthrowx3 into a wall and begin the dtilt spam.. /stock

(since marth can cg king dedede 3 times at 0% and normally end it with a tipper fsmash, you can just end it here with a d-tilt.)

oh and for the record i was pissing off people online the other day with onett i easily got them to over 100% before a car came most of the time and at 100% its an easystock unless the character weighs a ton to just up smash out of the d-tilt lock.

onett is garbage for competiton because theres 5 points on the stage where you can d-tilt lock people and one is out of the way from the cars. many other characters have wall infinites too, so itd just be a dumb match to play if both players were to play nasty.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You know what I would love to see? SV only. MMMM fairness in competition.

@spec WTF? Make sense plzz.

Edit: Just so you know, I start alot of these things because I like the debate, not so much because I believe in what I'm arguing. If it bugs you, all you have to do is ask me to stop.

wangston

Smash Lord
So I'm not sure how rides are working this time but I will be going back that night. If you would like a ride back that night, drive to me house and park your car there. I've already got 5 in my car and I can hold 3 more. Let me know just pm for my info.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Okay, here's basically what we have.

People that ARE going:
Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Jiano
Oreo
Pie
Xisin
Cr4sh
Wangston
Arbys
Mach5
Lv0
Joe
Eric
Light
Spec

People that havent confirmed:
Harbinger
Calic

We WILL need to meet at Taylor's house, as there will not be enough room in Cr4sh's car for all of us. I also need to know if Eric will be going, and if Xisin will be riding with him. Taylor's group will have room for three more, and I'm pretty sure jiano will be one of them. So two more people need to ride with him. After the tournament we will be leaving THAT NIGHT. We will ride back to taylor's house, and leave from there to Oxmoor where everyone's cars will be. So everyone will be needing a way of getting from Oxmoor to where ever they're going afterwards.

I need phone numbers. I have a few people's, but not everyone's. And that would definitely make this easier to plan out....

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Eric said he was going so I'll be grabbing a ride with him. edit - whats the crew lineup look likeso far? (whos doing it?)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
awesome!! I was just about to message

him about it to see if he was still wanting to.

This one seems like it's gonna run more smooth that the last lol

(chi, dont copy/paste that list for your thread btw >.>)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'm leaning towards going to this now, its the last weekend before I go home and I'd love to get one more smash in. I just have to see if my friend is coming or not.

clowsui

Smash Legend
My bad joe, this is actually like +1.5 hours away
dunno if the .5 will change your opinion though, i hope you go to cincy
you should try and get other sova ppl to come =)

HIIIILT GIMME A COMPLETE LIST SOON >=(

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I checked mapquest and its the same distance for me to cincy as it was to Louisville. If I thought anyone else from SoVa would come I would ask them, but I kind of doubt it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
considering the only people helping me get this together are paladin and wangston, it may be a bit difficult. I will have the list soon though, I just need to confirm two more people. (and i dont really think calic will be able to come...)

oh, and to everyone from louisville that's riding with either Taylor or Cr4sh!! It is VERY important that you compensate some form of gas money to whomever you're riding with!! $5 for the round trip per person is to be expected, unless you speak to the driver yourself and he lets it slide.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
Also, if anyone is considers on going on a trip with us (louisville group) its REAL IMPORTANT to communicate to me or hilt to confirm there spot in a vehicle by phone if you forget to tell us at the tourney. right now i think that im the only one whos got most of the people phone #'s at S2D, but i think its better to communicate on phone then it is to post on the boards because I can recieve a much faster answer and i can comunicat with hilt a lot better that way. some i know will not agree with me but still i think it would be essential to do that.

Here is my # 502-551-7214

this will enable us to get things done faster and less stressful. becuase some of us seem want to go but cant COMUNICATE, that ticks us off because its at that last minute etc.

(P.S. be mature about this, dont call me for stupid crank calls please....im doing this for your own benefit) :)

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
KK, I'll be needing Wangstons address and phone # as well (unless crash still has a spot in his car.)

I would actually prefer if I ride with cr4sh (only if he's leaving from oxmoor) since I don't have a car, plus my mom (who's dropping my off and picking me up) is already familiar with oxmoor

Top Bottom