• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I don't know 100% if I'm going to go because we MAY have family over that day, but they're really unreliable. I can always drive myself though, but as soon as I know exactly what's going on around my house, I'll let you guys know. My car gets 40 mpg, and I live in Southern Indiana if that makes carpooling easier for anyone.

neji32

Smash Lord
You know what I would love to see? SV only. MMMM fairness in competition.

@spec WTF? Make sense plzz.

Edit: Just so you know, I start alot of these things because I like the debate, not so much because I believe in what I'm arguing. If it bugs you, all you have to do is ask me to stop.
i thought i made sense
skyworld is an even cp and jungle hapes hardly gives falco an advantage
Okay, here's basically what we have.

People that ARE going:
Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Jiano
Oreo
Pie
Xisin
Cr4sh
Wangston
Arbys
Mach5
Lv0
Joe
Eric

People that havent confirmed:
Harbinger
Calic
Spec
Light

We WILL need to meet at Taylor's house, as there will not be enough room in Cr4sh's car for all of us. I also need to know if Eric will be going, and if Xisin will be riding with him. Taylor's group will have room for three more, and I'm pretty sure jiano will be one of them. So two more people need to ride with him. After the tournament we will be leaving THAT NIGHT. We will ride back to taylor's house, and leave from there to Oxmoor where everyone's cars will be. So everyone will be needing a way of getting from Oxmoor to where ever they're going afterwards.

I need phone numbers. I have a few people's, but not everyone's. And that would definitely make this easier to plan out....
fify
just depends if my dad goes to louisvile like he said

is meta knight unbanned at cincy/s2d?
oh and me and lights cell is
spec-270-319-0069
light-270-317-5854

CR4SH

Smash Lord
KK, Info from me. I'm requesting $5 for gas, since letting it just slide has been leaving me mostly paying for gas myself. If you forget, or you just cant afford it, I won't crucify you. I would prefer to leave from oxmoor, since I'm familiar with it, and I'm just about as bad with directions as a person can get. I notice similar sentiment from others, so I think it could make things work for many of us.

Falco has a large advantage on JJ. If only because it makes his recovery not suck.

Side note, I wish link had descent recovery. He would be mother****ing beastly.

my cell #
502-210-0804
good luck with that. I'm easier to find here.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, as for saturday, we're meeting FIRST at oxmoor because it'll be easier for everyone to find. Then we're riding from there to Wagnston's house in two vehicles. We're leaving one vehicle there (if that's alright with you wangston) and splitting up between cr4sh and wangston's vans. Two vehicles should definitely be enough.

if you need to contact me, my cell is
502-296-8932

call me if you dont understand anything. I usually have it on me

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
okay, as for saturday, we're meeting FIRST at oxmoor because it'll be easier for everyone to find. Then we're riding from there to Wagnston's house in two vehicles. We're leaving one vehicle there (if that's alright with you wangston) and splitting up between cr4sh and wangston's vans. Two vehicles should definitely be enough.

if you need to contact me, my cell is
502-296-8932

call me if you dont understand anything. I usually have it on me
What time are we meeting at oxmoor?

P.S: For all you ladies out there here's my # 502-742-6417. Don't call me past 9:30 P.M. EST plz. (*and plz don't call me too much lol. I hate talking on phones)

neji32

Smash Lord
KK, Info from me. I'm requesting $5 for gas, since letting it just slide has been leaving me mostly paying for gas myself. If you forget, or you just cant afford it, I won't crucify you. I would prefer to leave from oxmoor, since I'm familiar with it, and I'm just about as bad with directions as a person can get. I notice similar sentiment from others, so I think it could make things work for many of us.

Falco has a large advantage on JJ. If only because it makes his recovery not suck.

Side note, I wish link had descent recovery. He would be mother****ing beastly.

my cell #
502-210-0804
good luck with that. I'm easier to find here.
The only advantage i see is chain spike

yea thats why i main link =p

lol i see your number

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
As with the previous trip to cenci, I would prefer to ride with cr4sh, as his van is the shiz-nite and bitchtits is hilarious. Also, in the event that I am riding with cr4sh, shotgun.
yeah same here, i would like to ride with cr4sh since i drove last time. and plus its at oxmore, it would save me the trouble.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Cr4sh's Van:
Cr4sh
Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Light
Spec

there's only two spots left :D
The last place we'll be leaving is from Wangston's house, so everyone will be together to make car groups. But anyone that doesnt call dibs on a spot in cr4sh's van will be riding with wangston

oh, and spec. meta knight is legal at cincy, and is now legal at S2D

and tac, you can have shotgun. but bring your DS so we can invoke the power of RECON!!!

neji32

Smash Lord
ok, then i will probably be using mk some of the match
and since theres 2 spots left in crashes car.....CAN ME AND LIGHT HAVE THEM!!
yea were definately coing this saturday, i got everything straightened out

clowsui

Smash Legend
Light
Let me show you my legendary DACUS Sheik
Hilt has been exposed to it's amazingness in training mode...
I will money match anyone's MK (except OS')
As soon as I get 5 DACUSes or I win the matches, I want $5 no matter how much I put in.

neji32

Smash Lord
lol i will take that challenge clowsui, lights shiek can DACUS all over the place and does the little grab release DACUS all the time, that wont stop me =p

clowsui

Smash Legend
Except I was playing friendlies at e_'s house like yesterday and I got it off 100% of the time
I did it last week too, don't underestimate me =)

EDIT: Hoboz my parents are like that too, but you should try asking if you can hold a smashfest at your house and at least familiarizing them w/ ppl from the area
Trust me, it becomes a LOT easier to go to **** that way

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@paladin:

The second car... Will(Harbinger) said that he would be willing to drive. He hasnt given me confirmations on if he'll be able to go, but he said he should. If he cant, we have our backup driver (tactical).

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
hey hilt! we shold bring tatical to my house this friday to practice, possibley stay the night cause i really need some humans to play with other than these stupid computers.

also i might by hosting a brawl party at my grandparents house sometime next month, im gonna turn 18 real soon. i said somthing about it and they say they might think about, but idk....its a good tourny basement i'll tell you that, 100x better than cinci thats for sure.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
@paladin:

The second car... Will(Harbinger) said that he would be willing to drive. He hasnt given me confirmations on if he'll be able to go, but he said he should. If he cant, we have our backup driver (tactical).
we should ask for his #, we're gonna need it on the trip up there and location purposes.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, here's our plans for Saturday Morning.

8:00 - 8:30 - Meet at Oxmoor
8:45 - Leave Oxmoor towards Wangston's house
9:15 - Arrive at Wangston's
9:30 - Leave Wangston's towards cincinnati
11:00 - Arrive at tournament.

This gives us an hour for error, and if all goes well, we get there with plenty of time for friendlies.

wangston

Smash Lord
Gahhh........... that's too early. I feel sorry for everyone else that is meeting at oxmoor that is even early.

neji32

Smash Lord
yeah hilt seroiusly thats too ealy lol, the earliest i could get there is 10 maybe nine if i begged....but if you cant change it then i will just spend a night at my brothers on friday but that would mean light cant go

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm fine with getting there early though. I'll set all my stuff up and then go eat. Then be back and have over and hour for friendlies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Good to know you're coming joe. I'll be the guy in the luigi hat, yelling shoryuken at people. Don't be a stranger :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
the tournament starts at 12:00....

If we dont have to meet with Wangston, we could leave a little later. I suppose we COULD leave at10:00 exactly... but that's the very latest. We'd have to somehow fit all of our people in two vehicles. Leaving at 10:00 would get us there around 11:30, which wouldnt be too bad.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'm probably only coming for singles but I may try to get there earlier. If I can convince my friend to come I'll be there for doubles for sure though. And could you have my name changed to Kyuzu on the Cincy thread, I don't really use the Joe name anymore.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
the tournament starts at 12:00....

If we dont have to meet with Wangston, we could leave a little later. I suppose we COULD leave at10:00 exactly... but that's the very latest. We'd have to somehow fit all of our people in two vehicles. Leaving at 10:00 would get us there around 11:30, which wouldnt be too bad.
dont worry hilt, im sure cinci would wait for us to get there besides thats more money to them if we bring alot of people.

i know this is really stressful, but i think we should make a good flexible schedule for everybody to come, its only fair for the people who havent really been there yet.

if this helps us more, i'll drive again, i dont mind if only people are willing to pay gas money and tell me a destination were to drop them off after the tourney, hopefully oxmore.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i think a lot of ppl didn't want things to end as late as last time
my only option is to start earlier given our larger amount of ppl
even though we have more TVs its still difficult to start around 1 and finish at 11 to 12ish, unless I'm really strict about what you can be doing at any given time (eating, playing bracket matches or watching; if you're not doing any one of these then only until semis can you start playing friendlies).

Top Bottom