• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

clowsui

Smash Legend
if you guys leave at 10 you would HAVE to get here at like 11:30-11:45 in time for doubles reg. i'm not accepting registration without money.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well I dont think many of louisville (if any) are going to be entering doubles, but we should be able to get there in an hour. Mapquest determines the time by the speed limit of the highway, but everyone usually drives 20 miles over the speed limit, so it should be about an hour drive.

I'll be there at 9:30. At 10:15 I plan to be heading towards Cincinnati. We'll wait for you spec, dont worry. Paladin, I dont know if we'll need you to drive, but it may be possible that we'll need you to.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
whats wrong with you guys not wanting to enter teams! bah one of the funnest and most interactive things in smash (ever save your partner by fast falling an up air while they are falling to their death? fun stuff)

neji32

Smash Lord
me and light would do doubles but im limited in the amount of money i can spend.......singles=20$ doubles=20$ gas money=5/10$ food=10$
me and light probably have to skip all meals....wait, would doubles be over before singles?

clowsui

Smash Legend
singles is 10 bucks
doubles is 10 per person
gas money is 5
food money is 8 if you want your own, like 2 if you're splitting w/ louisville

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
doubles is the first event of the day. It starts at 12:00.

and i think what spec's saying is that he's paying for both himself AND light.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm skipping doubles. I've got no soild team and paying $10 to lose twice is no good. Me and kip got handled, hard. As for gas, I'm suggesting $5, if thats more than you can deal with, it doesn't bother me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
SCHEDULE:
11:30-12:00 REGISTRATION for Doubles + Bracket Creation
12:00-4:30 Doubles Tournament {Eating Lunch is a good idea while you're waiting between matches!}
4:30 - 5:30 Break {Eat Dinner NAO]
5:30 - 6:00 Registration for Singles
6:00 - 7:00 Singles Pools [2 Stock, best of 3]
7:00 - 7:30 Singles Bracket Creation
7:30 - 11:00 Singles Bracket
11:00 - 11:30 Break
11:30 - 12:30 Crew Battle

wangston

Smash Lord
SCHEDULE:
12:00-4:30 Doubles Tournament {Eating Lunch is a good idea while you're waiting between matches!}
4:30 - 5:30 Break {Eat Dinner NAO]
5:30 - 6:00 Registration for Singles
6:00 - 7:00 Singles Pools [2 Stock, best of 3]
7:00 - 7:30 Singles Bracket Creation
7:30 - 11:00 Singles Bracket
11:00 - 11:30 Break
11:30 - 12:30 Crew Battle
We don't need an hour break to eat. How about 30mins. I would like to get home at a decent hour.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Alright
Keep in mind though, that doubles will most likely be shorter because we have so few entrants
Last time it really only took us 3 hrs but I gave us 1.5 hrs of leeway in fear of having not that many TVs...attendance looks to be slightly more but 4 more TVs used this time seems to offset this so it's no problem

EDIT: Revised Schedule:

12:00-3:30 Doubles Tournament {Eating Lunch is a good idea while you're waiting between matches!}
3:30 - 4:00 Break
4:00 - 4:30 Registration for Singles
4:30 - 5:30 Singles Pools [2 Stock, best of 3]
5:30 - 6:00 Singles Bracket Creation
6:00 - 10:00 Singles Bracket
10:00 - 10:30 Break
10:30 - 12:00 Crew Battle

neji32

Smash Lord
i am bringing a tv and wii....so if everyone else who brought one last time brings one..that makes an extra

oh and who is in the crew battle for both

EDIT- putting me and light in probably wouldnt be a bad idea =P

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
spec: you two may need to fight someone for it. the crew battle will probably only be eight people. We havent decided who will be in it, but i'll start discussing it later. prolly tomorrow cuz i'm playing TOS II tonight >.>

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay chi, here ya go. a complete list of everyone going:

Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Jiano
Oreo
Pie
Xisin
Cr4sh
Wangston
Arbys
Mach5
Lv0
Joe
Eric
Light
Spec

the only exception to this would be harbinger. I dont think he will be able to go, as he hasnt contacted me yet. But if he does, I'll let you know.

Seventeen people. Now, to limit it for the crew battle....

Tactical
Hilt
Rowan
Jiano
Xisin
Wangston

These are the six that will for sure be in the crew battle. This is only six, so there are still spots open. If it's an eight person crew battle as clowsui mentioned, there will only be two spots open. Light, spec, you're welcome to compete for the spots. As are you Cr4sh, and anyone else that wants a spot in the crew battle. Bare in mind that the six that get definite slots are those that constantly rank in the S2D tournaments, or have shown some significant level of skill. For any of you that dont know, Xisin is now a part of our crew, but seeing as how he hasnt to my knowledge placed top 3 at S2D, due to lack of attendance, It's only fair that he may be challenged for his spot.

Cr4sh: in all honesty I think that you deserve to take part in this. You proved yourself, beating Jiano saturday after the tournament in a friendly. I think you DEFINITELY should consider fighting for a slot. I believe you'll get it, we'll just have to keep in mind luigi's horrific matchup against their 2+ meta knights jaja

Light/Spec: i dont know if having three falcos would be a good or bad idea lol. I'm leaning towards bad >.> but the spots are still open if you wish to compete.

Wangston: dont choose japes this time :D

jusssst kiddin i didnt do much better than you did, myself.

I've made a thread in our AiB group on how the 'preliminaries' would take place, so i would suggest reading it
(it's so troublesome having so many people lol....>.>)

wangston

Smash Lord
Joe and Arby's aren't going.

I've had it up to hear with janky stages lol. I just won't go to **** when playing sliq. I've been playing with mach5 with all the cp stages set to random, some of the stages aren't as bad as I though but they are still janky.

Is anyone going to s2d on friday?

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice

Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Jiano
Oreo
Pie
Xisin
Cr4sh
Wangston
Arbys
Mach5
Lv0
Joe
Eric
Light
Spec

the only exception to this would be harbinger. I dont think he will be able to go, as he hasnt contacted me yet. But if he does, I'll let you know.

Tactical
Hilt
Rowan
Jiano
Xisin
Wangston

These are the six that will for sure be in the crew battle. This is only six, so there are still spots open. If it's an eight person crew battle as clowsui mentioned, there will only be two spots open. Light, spec, you're welcome to compete for the spots. As are you Cr4sh, and anyone else that wants a spot in the crew battle. Bare in mind that the six that get definite slots are those that constantly rank in the S2D tournaments, or have shown some significant level of skill. For any of you that dont know, Xisin is now a part of our crew, but seeing as how he hasnt to my knowledge placed top 3 at S2D, due to lack of attendance, It's only fair that he may be challenged for his spot.

Cr4sh: in all honesty I think that you deserve to take part in this. You proved yourself, beating Jiano saturday after the tournament in a friendly. I think you DEFINITELY should consider fighting for a slot. I believe you'll get it, we'll just have to keep in mind luigi's horrific matchup against their 2+ meta knights jaja

Light/Spec: i dont know if having three falcos would be a good or bad idea lol. I'm leaning towards bad >.> but the spots are still open if you wish to compete.

I've made a thread in our AiB group on how the 'preliminaries' would take place, so i would suggest reading it
hey hilt sign me in for the crew battle this time! last time i was really tired and i really want to do it! i wont back down, just wasnt feeling good thats all.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
Joe and Arby's aren't going.

I've had it up to hear with janky stages lol. I just won't go to **** when playing sliq. I've been playing with mach5 with all the cp stages set to random, some of the stages aren't as bad as I though but they are still janky.

Is anyone going to s2d on friday?
i be up there to practice i guess, i dont know what we are doin afterwards though.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Yo, some1s gonna have to make room in that crew battle, cause I have to fight clowsui actually thats the only reason im going

Hilt: Spec doesnt main falco he mains pikachu

Paladin: Me, you,crash and spec are getting those spot

Who did the worst in the last crew battles? Because I think itd be a good idea to keep those people out unless like all of you guys did horrible. What was the results last time?

And me and spec could be our own crew just give us the equal amount of lives of you guys and clowsui and we'll be fineXD..............

neji32

Smash Lord

Hilt
Tactical
Paladin
Rowan
Jiano
Oreo
Pie
Xisin
Cr4sh
Wangston
Arbys
Mach5
Lv0
Joe
Eric
Light
Spec

Tactical
Hilt
Rowan
Jiano
Xisin
Wangston

i use falco? 0_o
i use pikachu. With a side of meta(hes not broken and i thought that i shouldnt limit myself from him theres nothing wrong with him. me and lght might come to the practice tomarrow . can we fight for the spot then if like xishin comes or something?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Spec: I always hear you talking about falco. For a long time you and light were competing to see who's falco was better. So naturally i thought your falco was better, and that you switch to a falco main.... but if you'd play pikachu, that'd be great! More diversity

Light: As for who did the worst, three of our people only took one life from the opponent's crew. Wangston, who picked jungle japes thinking it would help him, for one. I'm pretty sure he didnt take a life of the next person he fought, but considering he was fighting sliq, someone that just previously defeated tactical.... then there's Cr4sh, who's opponent only had one life left and afterwards had to fight overswarm. and sure, no johns on the extremely bad matchup of meta vs luigi, but there wasnt anything he could have controlled about it. And myself, who also fought overswarm. Determining who did the worst is impossible. Some fight people that are far more difficult. Calic ended up doing the best, but I wouldnt exactly say he's the best of the group.

As for practice tomorrow.... I dont know. I'm sure some will be there, but I cant guarantee i will. It's likely though.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
Spec: I always hear you talking about falco. For a long time you and light were competing to see who's falco was better. So naturally i thought your falco was better, and that you switch to a falco main.... but if you'd play pikachu, that'd be great! More diversity

Light: As for who did the worst, three of our people only took one life from the opponent's crew. Wangston, who picked jungle japes thinking it would help him, for one. I'm pretty sure he didnt take a life of the next person he fought, but considering he was fighting sliq, someone that just previously defeated tactical.... then there's Cr4sh, who's opponent only had one life left and afterwards had to fight overswarm. and sure, no johns on the extremely bad matchup of meta vs luigi, but there wasnt anything he could have controlled about it. And myself, who also fought overswarm. Determining who did the worst is impossible. Some fight people that are far more difficult. Calic ended up doing the best, but I wouldnt exactly say he's the best of the group.

As for practice tomorrow.... I dont know. I'm sure some will be there, but I cant guarantee i will. It's likely though.
am i going to have to fight for a spot hilt? just because im running fox now instead of metaknight? seriously?

neji32

Smash Lord
i actually heard hat luigi does pretty well on mk(as far as pretty well goes against that character) the match up is like 6/4 or 7/3.
i fought my friend zeros luigi against my mk.....toughest match i ever did

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Anyways Tales of ssymphonia is SWEET!! Props to spec for downloading it ^^^^^^^^

And how are we suppose to fight for these open spots? I dont want to fight everyone there in like round robins for a spot.
And again what about me and spec being our own crew^.^ CcCrew

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
am i going to have to fight for a spot hilt? just because im running fox now instead of metaknight? seriously?
I believe you deserve a spot in the crew battle. even though your high placements in the past were made with meta knight, you've still proven that you're good enough.

however the decision is not mine alone to make. we're limited to eight people, unless chi extends it. going six definites is the most I can do. for each of the definites I listed, there have been multiple people that have stated that they should be in the crew battle for sure. if there weren't others that said that I am good enough to be in it, I wouldn't have made myself a definite. if the same happens for you and others say you should be guaranteed a spot, it's yours. but I can't just put you in without valid reasoning, because I'm sure that it would start an argument. and I don't want that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
double post but important!:

If you are not bringing a power strip/extension cord/surge protector with your setup, be prepared to pay $1.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
I believe you deserve a spot in the crew battle. even though your high placements in the past were made with meta knight, you've still proven that you're good enough.

however the decision is not mine alone to make. we're limited to eight people, unless chi extends it. going six definites is the most I can do. for each of the definites I listed, there have been multiple people that have stated that they should be in the crew battle for sure. if there weren't others that said that I am good enough to be in it, I wouldn't have made myself a definite. if the same happens for you and others say you should be guaranteed a spot, it's yours. but I can't just put you in without valid reasoning, because I'm sure that it would start an argument. and I don't want that.
ok still doesnt help, i should get a spot in there, there are some peole in the crew battle who havent even won a tourny before and get a good spot! i dont understand! then who decides whether or not im in! the people in the crew?
also what are you talking about getting into an argument me being in the crew battle? what im no good anymore? that why isnt it...im fox now.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
paladin, calm down. So far I'm the only one that has said you deserve a slot in. Nobody else has mentioned you. If you're better than the other people that want the spots, like you say you are, you shouldnt have a problem getting in. Other people want the spots just as much as you and anyone else does. I WOULD make EVERYONE fight for the spots, but that would take far too long. Due to this, I filled all but three slots with the five people that have placed high recently.

It's not because you main fox. It's not because you use to use meta. And we werent using you, because of your meta knight. I, Tactical, and everyone else need to make sure that the best eight are the ones that enter this. That may still include you. It may not. I think it will. Putting you in a definite slot, would limit down the slots that people fight for too much.

And about practice tomorrow. i'm not going, but tactical says he'll be there around 2:00 to 3:00.

Top Bottom