• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Sorry but I'm gonna have to back out on the Cincy tourney. I have a 7 hour drive home the next day and I'd really rather not be getting home that late the night before. I'll try to get some games in next time I'm in town, have fun guys.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
sorry you couldnt make it kyuzu

let us know the next time you're in town and we'll take you along if we travel
:D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I need a teammate for tomorrow. Rowan doesn't happen to be free, does he? :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
oh ho, if he's there on time I might team with him then. A free $150 for him might be incentive. I don't lose often in teams :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Possibly, but if Rowan is there I'd like to team with him. He's the best from Louisville by a decent margin and I like watching him play. I also like to stack the odds in my favor. :D

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
Possibly, but if Rowan is there I'd like to team with him. He's the best from Louisville by a decent margin and I like watching him play. I also like to stack the odds in my favor. :D
i mean you can try but i doubt it you get him to play, i tryed to get him to play in doubles bt it seems i that he has to watch his wallet, i mean i might not play not beause of rowan but $10 for doubles is a little pricey. i too have to wacth my budget but if im with you, i guess we would do pretty good since your meta. idk will see when we get there.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Are you saying this because not every character has necessarily been exploited to their full potential or are you saying this because I just accidentally stepped into the Crazy Zone.
Definetly the crazy zone. Definetly.

i actually heard hat luigi does pretty well on mk(as far as pretty well goes against that character) the match up is like 6/4 or 7/3.
i fought my friend zeros luigi against my mk.....toughest match i ever did
Wrong, wrong and wrong again. The matchup is at BEST 8/2. Basically a MK autowin. Worse matchup than the D3 infinite.

Make more sense spec.

Will I be able to do crew-in fights tomorrow?

One way or another, I'll see you guys tomorrow at oxmoor, bright and early.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
to anyone using matchup #'s: THEY DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING. THEY ARE NOT STANDARDIZED. You actually might be AGREEING with one another. o_o

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Soo, hees me and Specs crisis

Me and him together have $42

10 go to venue

leaving $32

20 go to entering the tournament

leaving $12

6$ for food(were gonna starve >.>

leaving us with $0

So, as far as venue goes if we bring just a wii then is that half on venue?XD

clowsui

Smash Legend
Spec:

$1 Venue fee
$10 doubles
$10 singles
$3 food

34 total

Light
$3 venue fee (you're not bringing a TV/Wii right?)
$10 Doubles
$10 Singles

23 + 34 = 57

WOW this sucks for you. Just don't enter doubles, that'll make it 37. I mean unless you can somehow MAGICALLY scrounge up 20 more dollars, I don't see how this is going to work.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Spec:

It's 3 dollars per person, reduced by 1 for EACH ITEM YOU BRING

TV

Wii

TOTAL: 6 - 2 = 4

so your TOTAL venue fee for both of you is 4

20 + 4 = 24

8 dollars left for food.

See if you can get Light to get like $10 maybe? I will PROVIDE food for you and I'm pretty sure Louisville doesn't mind you guys not chipping in on gas or pizza, since you're young'ns. But I can't speak for cr4sh. This way it's possible to enter every event.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
well.....thats not quite possible, we need 20$ for the singles then 10 for the venue....that leaves us with 2$ for food....

Ugh...you guys could do without doubles. I'd much rather feed my face than play doubles matches. Hell, I'm running on a tight budget myself. I have $37.83 to my name.

$11-Venue & Singles
$5-Gas (Possibly)

and that'll leave me with $21.83 for me to live on for the next "X" amount of days. Not counting the fact that I'm gonna be buying food while in Cinci.

If you want to you, me and Light could chip in and buy some kind of snack food. I have no problem with it.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Bring setups.
Bring food.
MK ***** the everloving **** out of luigi. It's his worst matchup by a fairly wide margin, and not too far off the worst matchup brawl has to offer.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Not everyone's riding with cr4sh. He's limited to only six people, excluding himself.

We'll sort out through the cars when we get there. today.

for anyone that doesnt know, be at oxmore BEFORE 10:00. Paladin and I plan to show up around 9:30. Whenever Light and Spec show up, I plan to be ready to leave. Meet in front of Panera Bread at Oxmoor.

Light/Spec....dont enter doubles. If your gas money is waved, or possibly cut, you should be alright. We'll probably order pizza, so you can chip in for that. We wont let you guys starve.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I think we may be alright. we have tactical and paladin if we need extra drivers. We wont be able to drive out to your house.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, we have room if anyone wants to bring a TV. I just dont know if anyone has one to bring lol

so yeah light, if you're able to, bring yours.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
wangston, will you still be in louisville this saturday?

if so, bring your cables. I'd like to see just how much lag they remove.

Top Bottom