• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I took 7 out of 24 stocks from Louisville =).

Edit* Let's not be strangers. You guys can get really good really fast. We're not too far away and there's enough character variety to make it happen. So let's do it!
I agree. we need to get things together more often. There's too little diversity at louisville, and it's too casual for us to get significantly better on our own.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Hilt we still need to do more friendlies soon, plus i wanted to see how my snake goes up against ur olimar.

Great matches to everyone I played, this was way too much fun to just have it once, we need to hold this every month or something, Louisville rocks.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
I took 7 out of 24 stocks from Louisville =).

Edit* Let's not be strangers. You guys can get really good really fast. We're not too far away and there's enough character variety to make it happen. So let's do it!
hey that sounds really cool man! i need some really good practice from you guys, by the way im gonna have to start off fresh with a new character instead of playing meta all the time. i plan on coming back to Cinci again maybe next month, idk i might bring Tactical with me to soo can really get some practice.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How would you guys feel about a monthly tournament up here? Dr. X's house would work for it and we could prolly bribe his roomates with whatever extra venue fee money there was and you'd have plenty of housing up here.

It'd be up to Dr. X, but I think a monthly $10 tournament with singles and doubles would be preeeeeeetty cool.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
How would you guys feel about a monthly tournament up here? Dr. X's house would work for it and we could prolly bribe his roomates with whatever extra venue fee money there was and you'd have plenty of housing up here.

It'd be up to Dr. X, but I think a monthly $10 tournament with singles and doubles would be preeeeeeetty cool.

that would be awesome os

you definitely need to talk to Dr. X about that

Kel

Smash Master
He's apprehensive about it. I mean, stuff got lit on fire. TWICE. He's also missing a controller.

Just wait to hear from him before you expect anything. Sliq and I used to hold tournaments when our apartment was bigger, but it's too small for that now.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
we would need a house to do it at. S2D wouldnt work because the TVs there lag and we'd be limited on room/time.

calic's may work, but he's too depressed from that anime for me to ask him right now

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If MK isn't banned you might see cincinnati down there, hour and a half isn't that far away.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I think i should go ahead and post this, since protein hasnt yet on SWF.

on aib he was talking about holding side tournaments at S2D, on the fourth tv. So basically he'll run that while I do the regular tournament. This week he's going to be doing a Low Tier Tournament, using the SBR's tier list.

and os, this weekend I'll go ahead and talk to the people at S2D. There have been a few complaints, so unless there's a major portion of the group that doesnt want meta, he may be legal starting january.

wangston

Smash Lord
unban him. I want to play more cincy people before school starts again. I never got a chance to play OS or Kel.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
there really isn't much reason for is to keep him banned. just about everyone at S2D doesn't really care... even I don't really care anymore.

and the SBR isn't ever going to ban him anyways. all keeping him banned is gonna do is throw off our game when we travel and DO have to fight him

I'll talk to everyone about it

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
there really isn't much reason for is to keep him banned. just about everyone at S2D doesn't really care... even I don't really care anymore.

and the SBR isn't ever going to ban him anyways. all keeping him banned is gonna do is throw off our game when we travel and DO have to fight him

I'll talk to everyone about it
I know I don't count but I agree with ya. It will most definitely throw you off in the long run. Hopefully I can make it to S2D some time soon...but I doubt it until next semester.

D:

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Everyone has a blue name but me :(

Of the possible locations Calic's would probably be best, as long as we can get the clutter cleaned up. Did that anime he watched at Cenci get him in a funk? Kinda lame if it did :ohwell:

Lastly, anyone up for a Friday practice up at S2D? I know its the day after Christmas, but I'm open so some other people may be too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i dont care about Christmas so i may be able to come. And if we did it at calic's yeah, we'd have to clean up the clutter. But he and I could probably do it on our own >.>

the only problem with calic's basement is the limitation of wall outlets. We'd need ALOT of extension cables/power strips. And seeing as how it's in a basement, holding it in the winter may not be a good idea (we'd be hearing 'cold johns' all day lol)

edit: yeah calic's been depressed since he watched that anime

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
I don't think power strips would be a problem. Everyone that would go to the tourney probably owns at least two of them. As for the cold johns, I'm not sure if running a heater in addition to all of the TVs/Wiis would blow a circuit or not. If not we could get one of those nice/big ones. If nothing else we could run it the night before and get the room warm for when people show up. If its at a decent temp to start with body heat may be enough to keep it stable.

On a side note, I can't believe Calic would let himself get depressed when we were discovering AMERICA!! Bulborb no less than 5 feet away :ohwell:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
xD I cant believe how american that bulborg was lol

yeah, the problem with limited outlets is that everything would be running from those few outlets. Add heaters to that, and I'm pretty sure we'd blow the circuits (again lol).

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Yes, yes and yes again on playing cincy as much as possible. My match with sliq improved my game at a rate I find hard to believe, playing infern is too fun, and everything else really (except that cincy is a dirty ugly city =P).

As for the question on power circuits, yes, you will blow circuits. Wiis run about 100w, Tvs vary, 400 at most, but space heaters can pull 2 or 3 kilowatts. You should see the lights dim in my room when mine kick on.

As for meta? I hate him, but I'm ambivalent on the ban issue here.

Kel

Smash Master
I like Meta-banned tourneys too ( I play a bunch of characters any way), but banning meta will only hurt your community in the long run. A lot of you guys had the right idea on how to beat MK, you just didn't get it quite right yet. Practice will help. Banning the problem and creating your own mini sub-community rule set will not. Kind of like EVO's rule set.

Ill come to tournaments if you get a decent number of people and no laggy TVs. Those are pretty much my only requirements. I've driven to Louisville plenty of times from my DDR and Pump it Up days. It's not a bad drive at all.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
we regularly get 20+ people at S2D. However, even though the lag on the TVs is only slight, it's still there. And people will complain. We need a new place to hold them at.

pikapiiii32

Smash Rookie
i might come if cincis coming, i've been waiting to fight them.....woudl we be able to hold another crew battle?

O**** my bad. i forgot to logout of this account xD this is neji/spec lol

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try to come to this. I just moved away from KY and you guys started a smash scene without me. I'm gonna be in visiting the family for Christmas though, so I should be in town for this.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Wangston i never got to play your falco and the only time i saw you play was against sliq's samus on japes... so i have no clue how you normally do... next time we're at the same tourney friendlies pls.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I wish we could've got those friendlies xisin. Sorry, I usually don't friendly while the tournament is going on. Next time we will for sure

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
if someone can tell me exactly what to get, I'd be willing to buy one. crash said he'd get one, and I could probably convince tac to get the third. but I'm gonna need a picture or something so I'd be sure to not get the wrong thing

wangston

Smash Lord
I've got a set of the cables. I'll bring them this saturday and we can see how much better it looks and see if it gets ride of the lag.

Top Bottom