• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

neji32

Smash Lord
ok hilt.......im now completely confused on what im doing.....ummmmm.....so not everybody will be in the crew battle right? if sombody could make a list on who would be in the crew battle, this would decide it. if this isnt possible, can someone at least tell me how many people would be there and such?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1. Equi
2. Rowan
3. Hilt
4. Tactical
5. calic
6. Jiano
7. Xisin
7. Vy

good tournament guys. finally was able to beat jiano in a tournament.

i'll post about the trip next weekend a little later spec, still at S2D right now....

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
OKay, crew battle update.

From the results of this tournament and past tournaments, These people will be getting a slot in the crew battle:

Tactical
Wangston
Equi
Rowan
Hilt
Jiano
Xisin
Paladin

The above have gotten high placings at just about every tournament they've gone to. I had cr4sh, calic, JKip, protein, and Vy all fight each other in a round robin to see who could get the most wins. Protein, JKip, and Vy each got two wins against each other, while calic beat all four of his opponents. People that havent fought that can still potentially be in the crew battle are light, spec, hoboz, mach5 and joe. I think that's everyone...but i could be wrong. So basically, from the way i'm looking at it, the five above and calic would have to face off to decide who would get the three open spots. Cr4sh stated that Equi and Xisin, two people who are not originally from our area or crew, should not get passes into the top slots. So in the interest of fairness, after the group i mentioned earlier is done, and someone that came close to getting in the top three DOESNT get into the crew battle, i guess they can be able challenge xisin or equi for their spots. Honestly, i would put them in the round robin... but considering Equi beat both tactical and rowan, and Xisin beat calic in serious matches, regardless of them being friendly. I have little doubt that they would lose in the round robin. On another note, I think that calic should get a guaranteed slot in the crew battle. Seeing as how he tied with jiano, and ranked higher than Xisin, both of whom are getting guaranteed slots, and only lost to tactical and me, it would be unfair for him to get taken out. But that's just my opinion.

spec, do you know whether or not the two of you will be going? I need to know SOON... seriously, we have like 15 of us going, and i'm the only one organizing us >.> tac should be taking some responsibility or something.... Currently we do not know how many drivers we have. Cr4sh's van is having problems, so we dont know if he'll be able to drive. tactical, if cr4sh cant drive, and we cant get another, we'll need you to. If we end up using three cars, that gives us fifteen seats. Protein wont be riding with us, and neither will xisin or eric. They'll be driving to and from there by themself. Light, spec, if it's ONLY xisin and eric, there is a possibility that they would be able to drop the two ofyou off at oxmoor at the tournament, since they wont be staying all night. however, i dont know if they would be up to driving you there, since it's somewhat out of the way. so i'm not speaking for them. However, if they dont/cant, you two would HAVE to stay the night if you went. None of us are thinking about coming home that night.

also, the venue fee at the cincy will be waived upon bringing a full setup. tv. wii. brawl. Basically, five dollars you dont have to pay on the trip. I'm probably going to pm doctor x about staying at his place after the tournament, since he would have the most room. I'm pretty sure that if we stayed at overswarm's house, we would have to split up and some of us go to another place. However, it was mentioned that dr x's house is gonna be cold. So, everyone that plans on sleeping will need a sleeping bag of some sort, obviously. Everyone fine with this? Is there anyone that DOESNT want to stay the night?

And the next day there's going to be a tournament in springfield OH, which from what i think, isnt far from cincy (it...may actually be in cincy, i have no idea >.>). I just thought i should throw this out to everyone, just in case enough people want to go to it. I dont know if dr x will be going, but if he does, we may have to be out of his house when he'd leave.

okay... that's enough typing for me
i think that's everything >.>

oh, and congratulations equi
you definitely deserved that win

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
slots slots slots
I wish I wuz from Looooouiiisssvillleee =/ crew battles would be fun =P

To people that might need a ride back to Louisville that night...I might do it as a last resort. But please see if you have no other ride first and if you have to go back that evening. It's just a lot of driving for one day and Xi and I (that had a nice ring to it) will be beat. Hmm, I may also charge a lil for gas $$.

Also, Hilt...."Oli-Oli-Olimar!"

& gratz today fellas.
[=

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
slots slots slots
Hmm, I may also charge a lil for gas $$.

that goes without saying. it's a long drive and gas money would need to be provided.

also on that note, everyone that's going, be aware that gas money will need to be collected before we leave S2D. probably just five dollars.

and hoboz, you can ride with us. we have room.
if your parents dont trust us though, i dont know. They can talk to someone that's driving, and we can probably drop you off at your house if we have to. As for the crew battle... you're gonna have to beat a few people. I posted it all in my wall of text above, so just read through that (nobody else does ._.)

oh, and just wondering... who would be up to leaving a day early? dr x says it's cool with him and that would give us a good place to stay the night/practice. I say we do that. plus then we wouldnt have to frikkn get to oxmoor at like 9:00 >.>

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
good tourny, just wish it wasnt on those semi-laggy HD screens ... /johns.. .oh well GGs.

that had to the hardest bracket i've been in since i started playing with you guys, and yeah equi simply outplayed me, nothing more to it. Never ever experimenting with CP stages like that on the fly again, worst idea I ever had.

I'll see you guys next sat then.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
oh, and just wondering... who would be up to leaving a day early? dr x says it's cool with him and that would give us a good place to stay the night/practice. I say we do that. plus then we wouldnt have to frikkn get to oxmoor at like 9:00 >.>
I'm fine with it, but I need to know for sure if you guys will be leaving the day before.

Equi

Smash Ace
Solid tournament. Had fun winning it, too bad it was only 5 dollar entrance fee when I win lawlz. Haha.

But hey, all I wanna say is, Rowan's Peach is for real. I actually had to go downstairs and get an expresso to beat him and finish the tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
if you can summarize the plans from the time we get there to the time we get back with dates, i can tell you
I dont know. that's why I'm trying to figure out who's going. and what do you mean with dates??

okay, okay. if we leave saturday we'd leave oxmoor depl nine to ten. hey there between eleven and noon. saturday is the twentieth btw... we then would leave in two groups. those of is that stay the night and those of is that don't. as for those of us that dont stay, I have no idea when they'll be leaving. as for those of us that stay then night and leave on sunday, the twenty first... I have no idea when we'd leave. also there's stil the option of us getting there friday, the nineteenth, and stay there the night before the tournament. but that's only if EVERYONE wants to. if not, we'll probably just have practice that day.

okay. that's the last wall of text I'm writing. if you have any more questions spec, navigate through the past pages... you'll probably find the answer.

oh, xisin. could you point me in the direction of those cables you were telling me about? to remove the lag?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Equi's wolf is a freaking BEAST.

I wish I could play some of you guys every day. I only have experience fighting... like... 5 matchups?

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Ah, I was going to tell you guys if I could make it, but I couldn't.

Hoboz called and told me he's grounded so he won't be able to go for a while. Just a heads up.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yes i know, double post >.>

about the crew battle, i think we should start deciding on the last three slots. Currently my vote goes towards calic, light, and mach5 who i think are the three best of the potentials. spec, i'd have to say that lights falco is better than yours... and calic's pikachu is better than yours as well. also i'm pretty sure mach5's kirby is better than hoboz and that mach5 should probably be a definite in the crew battle. And considering light beat tactical in the tournament match in lexington awhile back....however this is only MY opinion on the matter, and this could still be changed. as of right now, the list for the crew battle looks like

Tactical
Equi
Rowan
Xisin
Hilt
Jiano
Wangston
Paladin
calic
Light
Mach5

however joe, spec, and hoboz can still challenge someone for their position. and if light cant go, joe or hoboz would be a backup.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm supposing due to my location, there's nu way I could play my way into crew battles is there?

neji32

Smash Lord
yes i know, double post >.>

about the crew battle, i think we should start deciding on the last three slots. Currently my vote goes towards calic, light, and mach5 who i think are the three best of the potentials. spec, i'd have to say that lights falco is better than yours... and calic's pikachu is better than yours as well. also i'm pretty sure mach5's kirby is better than hoboz and that mach5 should probably be a definite in the crew battle. And considering light beat tactical in the tournament match in lexington awhile back....however this is only MY opinion on the matter, and this could still be changed. as of right now, the list for the crew battle looks like

Tactical
Equi
Rowan
Xisin
Hilt
Jiano
Wangston
Paladin
calic
Light
Mach5

however joe, spec, and hoboz can still challenge someone for their position. and if light cant go, joe or hoboz would be a backup.
dude.....calic has never beat me with all the battles being 2 stocked. Light falco is better than me in skill wise but in playing wise my falco does better because theres a multitude of things light refuses to do, not to mention light pretty much gave up falco for sheik.
As for calcis pikachu better than mine? where did you get that idea, no offense calic <3, but he got two stocked by rowan at that last tourny in which my pika beat rowan....his pikachu isnt better than mine....i knew i should of went to the tourny last saturday <_<

but by the way you talk, i can see that just telling you these things wont help, when i get there i will fight for the crew spot...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i was merely giving my opinion. and until just now no other's opinion has been given on anything on this matter. If you think you're better than him, beat him. You're also welcome to fight mach5, light, anyone. So as long as you're better than them, my thoughts on the matter shouldnt make a difference.

but as for you and light, he's always placed better than you in tournaments, and has beaten tactical in the lexington tournament. and you beat rowan?? i cant say i remember that. With me looking at the bracket of the big tournament, you lost to rowan.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'd probably put them both in if i had the room. >.>

but we dont. And putting them both would either give us 3 falcos or 2 falcos and 2 pikachus....

wangston

Smash Lord
looks like there really isnt a simple solution after researching into a bit more but heres a good read on HDTV lag

http://gear.ign.com/articles/712/712352p1.html
That article was written in 2006 when hdtv were still new. The tvs at s2d are the sharp aquous line of tvs that have 4ms, if it's a model from last year, of refresh time. If you can detect 4ms of lag then I'm very impressed. One solution for the tvs would be to use the component wii cables so they tv can be in 480p and refresh every line at once for both a more responsive and better looking picture. Not only that but hdtvs run better in progressive scan because that is what they are designed for. Also the other cause for the lag is the tv is having to down scale the picture to 480i.

The only solution is to get the wii component cables though they are 30$-35$ but it would make playing smash on those tv's much better. Also looking for the game mode would help. I have the same type of tv and brand the but mine is 46in. D64U is the model number and those tvs were on sale last year I'm assuming that's when s2d got theirs.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
getting the regulars to pitch in would be cool, but probably not too practical. Getting together $120 would be difficult...

but if we could, that would make S2D a possibility for circuit events.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That article was written in 2006 when hdtv were still new. The tvs at s2d are the sharp aquous line of tvs that have 4ms, if it's a model from last year, of refresh time. If you can detect 4ms of lag then I'm very impressed. One solution for the tvs would be to use the component wii cables so they tv can be in 480p and refresh every line at once for both a more responsive and better looking picture. Not only that but hdtvs run better in progressive scan because that is what they are designed for. Also the other cause for the lag is the tv is having to down scale the picture to 480i.

The only solution is to get the wii component cables though they are 30$-35$ but it would make playing smash on those tv's much better. Also looking for the game mode would help. I have the same type of tv and brand the but mine is 46in. D64U is the model number and those tvs were on sale last year I'm assuming that's when s2d got theirs.
The TVs at S2D do lag, but it isn't very much. There was a large difference between those TVs and the CRT available.

wangston

Smash Lord
The TVs at S2D do lag, but it isn't very much. There was a large difference between those TVs and the CRT available.
i think you're all full of johns. haha just kidding. idk I can't tell the lag, maybe i've gotten used to it. They just need the component cables and we will all be happy.

neji32

Smash Lord
i was merely giving my opinion. and until just now no other's opinion has been given on anything on this matter. If you think you're better than him, beat him. You're also welcome to fight mach5, light, anyone. So as long as you're better than them, my thoughts on the matter shouldnt make a difference.

but as for you and light, he's always placed better than you in tournaments, and has beaten tactical in the lexington tournament. and you beat rowan?? i cant say i remember that. With me looking at the bracket of the big tournament, you lost to rowan.
first, there would still be 1 pika if calic left or 2 falcos if light left, not saying im going to take there spot just sayin. like i said in my last post im just going to fight my way in it. as for light placing better than me.....you will notice something if you look back at the brackets, light noticed it and i noticed it. first tournament, i fight rowan and lose, the light fights rowan and loses, 2nd tourny, i fight paladin and lose then light fights paladin and loses(i actually got paladin on my first match and both my loses were to him, light had lost to him and a kirby. lexington tourny, i had to fight overswarm first and lost, then when light fought him he lost. Light begged me to let him win so he could be overswarm(light hates pros) so i gave the win to l ight only to see him lose to you hilt.(not saying you bad, im just saying light didnt even make it to overswarm after me letting him have the win)louisville 200$ tourny, i fight equi then light fights equi and loses. do you see it now hilt? light just fights the harder person second leaving me with the lower place. <_<
Spec and Light are pretty much equal, IIRC
lmao overswarm you are right on every level with that statement. Me and light are equal at everything, we cant be better than the other at anything lol. not even brawl, we go back and forth always

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
the cables on ebay are only like 6 bucks. That shouldnt be a problem at all >.>

edit: if you'd like to fight someone for the spot eric, your welcome

._.

wangston

Smash Lord
the cables on ebay are only like 6 bucks. That shouldnt be a problem at all >.>

edit: if you'd like to fight someone for the spot eric, your welcome

._.
lol i don't trust ebay's off brand cables from china's black market. But $6 you can't go wrong there.

better have Josh order them now so they get here before Christmas.

wangston

Smash Lord
Also is there a tournament next week at s2d, or the week after that if there isn't one next week so I can keep the OP updated.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I honestly would, but you guys are having enough trouble trying to configure a roster. I'd only complicate it more. Besides, it needs to stay as Louisville as possible :p would be fun though

but YOU KNOW a raging hunk of metal would truly be an asset. =D

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
there's no tournament on the 20th. funny that would happen on the day we leave for cincy ^.^
good timing too! anyway, whats our plan for leaveing this Saturaday? me and hilt concured that we should meet at oxmore around 8:00 a.m. and meet. then when we get all we get of our armies togehter, we head straight to war with cinci.

Top Bottom