• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I honestly would, but you guys are having enough trouble trying to configure a roster. I'd only complicate it more. Besides, it needs to stay as Louisville as possible :p would be fun though
They have a guy from Florida on their crew. This isn't really a regional crew battle. Hell, I don't play with half the people on cinci's crew :p

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hey OS...make your 7,777th post a dbl post. Right here. Right now.
Do it.

They have a guy from Florida on their crew. This isn't really a regional crew battle. Hell, I don't play with half the people on cinci's crew :p

As for that, R.O.B. might malfunction and cause the whole crew to
DISASSEMBLE!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, and xisin isnt from our crew either. And i'm not even from kentucky lol. the cincy crew is actually composed of three different crews >.>

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The only way I will even try for a slot is if one of your official 11 can't make it...then I will challenge for it (against whoever else is going after it). No need to try to steal a slot =P

Rants:
Agh, I wish Survivor wasn't over! lol.

wangston

Smash Lord
ummmm is that Xisin as in Gorgapor got a new account and named it Xisin and now he goes to morhead. What ever happend to Gorgapor and powda??? They came to one s2d and I never heard from then again.

neji32

Smash Lord
so when whould the group that leaves the same day leave and is there really a group that leaves the same day. If there is then i am definately going

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I recorded Survivor, so I'll watch it today lol : D

Alright, but here's another thing. Friday, what about a practice day before the tourney, would be especially helpful for me personally.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hey Xi,
I can't believe that Sugar ______________ .....
and Susie, Matty, Ken, and Bob were all just _____________ .....
I'm having tough restraint issues.
XD

Delvro

Smash Ace
I don't think the winner of survivor should be allowed to win the player of the season in addition to winning. =\

Grats on the blue name Hilt

.... now where's mine?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i dont watch survivor >.>

but spec, about the group that's leaving cincy that day, you'll have to talk to them. The only two groups that ARE leaving early are wangston's group and eric's group. So you'll have to discuss that with them to see when they're leaving, and if they would take you and light.

and hoboz, i'll post something about practicing friday in a minute. Gotta talk to a couple people.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, like hoboz mentioned, we're going to be meeting at S2D friday for whoever can go. Afterwards, we're going to be going to either calic's or possibly tucker's to stay the night before the tournament, for anyone that can. People that cant... i guess will just go home >.> if you ARE interested in staying the night wherever we do, let me know

as for saturday, try to get there between 8:00 - 8:30!!!
at 8:30 we'll start dividing up into car groups and at 9:00 we'll need to be out of there. I dont know an exact spot we should meet... i would assume the food court in oxmoor, since S2D wont be open that early. (will the mall even be?)

but try to get there early

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
okay, like hoboz mentioned, we're going to be meeting at S2D friday for whoever can go. Afterwards, we're going to be going to either calic's or possibly tucker's to stay the night before the tournament....
What time will you guys be there?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
rowan, we'll be at S2D at like... 10:00. when they open. hopefully josh won't get mad about us his wiis two fridays in a row (without paying lol). I dont know when we'd leave.
and jiano, I figured you would just carpool to cincy with us. if not, look for clowsui's there'd to learn how to not get your car towed.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'll be going back that night, I'm planning on leaving around 10:30 or 11:00. If you want a ride back just give me some gas money $2 ought to cover it.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
rowan, we'll be at S2D at like... 10:00. when they open. hopefully josh won't get mad about us his wiis two fridays in a row (without paying lol). I dont know when we'd leave.
and jiano, I figured you would just carpool to cincy with us. if not, look for clowsui's there'd to learn how to not get your car towed.
I mean leave my car at oxmoor.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
oh, well calic left his car at oxmoor once a few weeks back, so i dont think they'll tow it >.>

you should be alright

edit: wangston, read the cincinnati thread. Clowsui's talking about having crew battle at 11:30 xD

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah the way it looks crews will be running some ridiculously late hour. I blame this all on the fact that forty two ppl is a lot.

wangston

Smash Lord
oh, well calic left his car at oxmoor once a few weeks back, so i dont think they'll tow it >.>

you should be alright

edit: wangston, read the cincinnati thread. Clowsui's talking about having crew battle at 11:30 xD
uck my life. I will see what everyone else wants to do and when they want to get back. None of them will be in the crew battle so idk if they will want to stay lol. I really don't think doubles will take that long, who wants to play doubles >_____>. I am liking the singles and pools :D though. I'm just going to have to see, I will play it by ear.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Since the crew battle is so late and Xisin is in it, I might actually try to play my way in now...

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wangston imo you shouldn't worry
My projected times are allowing like 1 hr margin of error
If everything goes well this tournament should end at 10:00 and crews will begin then...you're a pretty strong player right? therefore you'll probably get to play earlier or in the middle which means you'll be fine =D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
none of your people are gonna play in the crew battle? What about luke?
Eric, if you'd like to fight someone for a slot, it's cool. You'd probably have to wait until the day of the tournament to do so, after we actually get to cincy lol.

probably gonna sound like a scrub asking this, but how exactly do pools work as regards to brackets. i've never been in a tournament that used pools so i wouldnt know >.>

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pools is like round robin prelims
You basically play w/ ppl in your pool
A specific # ppl advance to bracket
In this case if 42 ppl stays constant we have 6 pools of 7, top 4 advance

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pools of 7
Six pools of 7...how would 8 advance?

Pools are supposed to create more accurate results, if top 4 from every pool advance then that means the bottom 43% get weeded out. So you have the top 50% playing for the money.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
oh! the top four from EACH pool lol

i thought you meant the top four from all the pools combined >.>

(feels stupid)

wangston

Smash Lord
Nice one hilt. Also this can help seed the brackets a little better. Not only this but the less skilled players will get more than two matches in.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
oh, wangston, I made a list ranking each person coming with us for tio at clowsui's request (I ranked people that would be below five as just five) but i was unsure about the ones coming with you. Or at least Joe, Arby's and lv0. I played luke alot so i know basically how good he is.

what would you put them as?

neji32

Smash Lord
ok hilt, i finally have everything confirmed and i know you said your leaving at 9 but is there anyway you could leave later? my dads going to be working late on friday but he said he could take me and light at 9 getting there around 945 10......if this is too late i understand but is there anyway?

wangston

Smash Lord
oh, wangston, I made a list ranking each person coming with us for tio at clowsui's request (I ranked people that would be below five as just five) but i was unsure about the ones coming with you. Or at least Joe, Arby's and lv0. I played luke alot so i know basically how good he is.

what would you put them as?
Put joes as what ever you put luke. And arby's and lvl 0 being 5 is good.

neji32

Smash Lord
im in radcliff, hour away if you drive average speed, 45 min if you drive cool which my dad usually does so i could get there at 945, unless that'd be to late

EDIT: do you have something i could message you faster on so we can get this straighted out now

Top Bottom