• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hey, calic was talking about holding a tournament at his house possibly in january. Having this tournament not run by josh would allow for a doubles tournament and better prizes. And if it works out well, it could possibly end up being a monthly thing. It's only like 30-40 minutes from oxmoor. His basement could probably hold 40-50 people comfortably. Honestly, when the spring circuit comes around, it'd be the perfect place to hold a circuit event, instead of S2D. However, it isnt TECHNICALLY in kentucky, even though it's right across the river...

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOUISVILLE SMASHERS:

The cap is released and so is the "curfew".

Come one and all to clowsui presents: Christmas Smash Bash @ Dr. X's

Crew prizes are in the OP.

wangston

Smash Lord
Alright we need 11 people for the crew battle. So the best of the best.

lol i'm not going to offend people with my list.

This means I'm going to have to stay for the whole thing.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright we need 11 people for the crew battle. So the best of the best.

lol i'm not going to offend people with my list.

Thats everyone that I can think of off the top of my head. I doubt all those people will show up but those are the people that have always given a good fight.

This means I'm going to have to stay for the whole thing.
there's... nothing there >.>

awesome, so you WILL be staying for the whole thing? or at least the crew battle?

My List:
Tactical, You, Rowan, Paladin, and Equi HAVE to enter. You're all easily the best ones of us.
next would probably be me, light(if he goes), luke, calic, and probably spec
(i have no knowledge of the rest of your crew and how good they are, so i cant speak for them. )

after that, i really dont know. Light and spec may not even be going, and as I said, i dont know much about your group so i wouldnt know which should partake

(and if we run out of room, a side match to decide which one's better could be used)

wangston

Smash Lord
haha i took the list off. I think i'm going to have to stay the whole time, considering the crew battles will be later on in the day. Freak... I'll just have to go breakfast with my dad.

my list was good, it didn't have people in any particular order it was just who i thought were good smashers from who I've played and recent tourney results. But there are so many new people here so I didn't want to offend them.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well mine wasnt in a particular order... it was just two groups of who were the best, and who were still good enough to get into the crew battle >.> putting myself at the beginning of the second list isnt me saying i'm better than the others, considering luke beat me the last time we fought in the tournament (beat him in a money match though ^.^) and I think light and I are about equal

oh! and Xisin!! if he comes with us, he and his marth have to be in this
(seriously, i'd probably put him on par with you and tac, taylor)

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Wow, wow Hilt. Back up a second. Xisin is good, but he's not *that* good. (Just kidding man, you're awesome ;) )

I would really love to fight him again though, it was a reall fun fight last time in Lex :chuckle: (I never got why that smiley was called :chuckle:. It really doesn't fit the smiley that well.)

Btw, Hilt, what time are you going to be up at the store tomorrow? I'll probly be the first there so I'll synch my time up with yours.

Finally,
-Hilt- said:
My List:
Tactical, You, Rowan, Equi, and Myself HAVE to enter. We're all easily the best ones of us.
next would probably be paladin, light(if he goes), luke, calic, and probably spec.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wow, wow Hilt. Back up a second. Xisin is good, but he's not *that* good. (Just kidding man, you're awesome ;) )

I would really love to fight him again though, it was a reall fun fight last time in Lex :chuckle: (I never got why that smiley was called :chuckle:. It really doesn't fit the smiley that well.)

Btw, Hilt, what time are you going to be up at the store tomorrow? I'll probly be the first there so I'll synch my time up with yours.

Finally,
Well regardless, Xisin would definitely be helpful in the crew battle. I kinda wish i was able to play his marth more than once, but from watching he looked to be on par with us.

calic and i should be there around 10:00 - 10:30. I know JKip and I think Cr4sh should be getting there around 10:30 - 11:00, and i'll have my wii on me so the fourth TV will be used as well (although JKip's been freakin out about sonic unleashed and said he's gonna bring it tomorrow, so the TV may actually be taken lol)

and about my list... i guess i just dont like to sound cocky >.> not really my nature.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Xisin is really good, excellent spacing. I would live to see how he would do vs Wangston or Equi. (I didn't get to watch his tournament match vs Equi) Unfortunately I have not seen enough of his tournament matches to properly gauge him compared to the rest of us. From what I have seen though, he's rates pretty high up on the list.

And humility aside, you are really good Hilt. You manage top 4 slot almost every tourny don't you? And that's without a top-teir character! You're just missing some of the more brutal practice I've managed to get against some of the Cenci fighters and the like. Get in a few matches with them and you'll be three stocking me in no time :chuckle: Seriously though, its like they say. You can only get as good as the people around you and you haven't really fought anyone new. Xisin and Equi excluded.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
:O I can go to Cinci; just need advice to make my Dad feel better. Moment his mood changes and I do Finals I'll be ungrounded. (Enough to go maybe)
For the trip, I got 2 Flat Screen portable TVs (needs one port though and I don't know how many your car has) Can also bring my Wii if I'm able.
But yeah, I agree, those are the certain to enter the Crew Battle. (5 Hilt mentioned)

You can only get as good as the people around you and you haven't really fought anyone new.
Yay for High School not giving me anyone to go against >D>

neji32

Smash Lord
ok hilt, i kinda need the opposite of what i have been saying lol, if we can go on saturday and leave on saturday i can go, cause lights mom wont let him send a night. So if you can confirm this then its 80/20 for us

im curious to see tacticals list, cause tactical knows everybody, if i wasnt on it i wouldnt be too offended. I would manage, can you post your list tactical or at least send it to me

EDIT- i just relized something, the tier list doesnt tell how goo da character is!! i just relized this. i feel late.....

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hoboz what are the sizes for your tv's? definitely being them though.

spec, you do know that we wouldn't be getting back until EARLY in the morning, right? this thing will probably last pretty late. and on that note, it would be unlikely for the group to want to leave in the morning without sleep (wouldn't want paladin fallin asleep behind the weel).

but if there would be another group that would plan on leaving around that time, that would work too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If Xisin wasn't part of your crew then I'll call you ********.

There are two types of smashers that do well in tournaments:

Auto-smashers that do the same things over and over again and cross their fingers

Thinking-smashers that continually evolve their playstyle rapidly and read the opponent

Xisin was a thinking-smasher, and those are rare. Thinking smashers get good when they keep playing, and they are hard to predict.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
...How about I just bring Xisin to S2D tomorrow =P
That is if I can get in contact with him.
(I'll do my best)

clowsui

Smash Legend
ATTENTION LOUISVILLE SMASHERS:

I need a list of final attendees ASAP. If your list didn't change then awesome. We need to lock down whether we need pools + crew sizes right away.

If possible, a rankings list of individuals within your city would also be nice for seeding purposes. Rank by who you think is best etc. This is needed ASAP too.

I know I've bugged you guys so much about this but this is really for efficiency's sake. I want to have my first tournament run and first tournament participated to be the BEST experience for all Ohioans and Kentuckians alike.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, I need to know FOR SURE who's going and who isnt. On the louisville end I seem to be the main one talking about this, and it's difficult for me by myself, so i need responses >.> here's the issues.

**This is to Louisville, not you clowsui. You dont need to read this part**
Drivers:
Wangston (8)
Cr4sh (7)
Paladin (5)
JKip (5)

possible other drivers are Harbing (5) who I havent spoken to in awhile, and tactical as a backup driver. Now wangston, as he's said before, is taking responsibility solely of himself and the four riding with him. They ride there with him. They leave with him, when he decides to. His schedule may or may not be the same as ours. probably wont. This gives us room for 17 people, excluding wangston, unless harbinger drives, which would give us 22.

next matter. When we'd leave. Paladin says that he may have to leave that night, due to himself having work the next day. He DOES have work, he just doesnt know WHEN he works. This will decide when he'd leave. It's possible that light and spec would be able to ride back with him if he were to leave that night. However, I dont know WHEN he'd leave. I, however, would rather not leave that night, due to myself being tired, and possibly going to the springfield tournament the next day. But we probably wouldnt do that. Regardless, we're taking the trip to cincy for a tournament/smashfest, and i'd like to play against them as much as possible.

Okay Clowsui, now for attendance. As I've said in the past, not everyone has confirmed for sure if they're going. Some say they wont know until tomorrow. Also, the people that will be in our crew battle hasnt been decided on either, but we can mold our size to fit whatever. The size doesnt really matter.

People Going - again, I may forget someone, so tell me if I do

Wangston's Group (5) - Wangston, Mushpie, Arbys, Lv0, Joe

Tactical/Hilt's Group (11) - Tactical, Hilt, Paladin, Calic, Rowan, Cr4sh, Eric, Xisin, Equi, JKip, Protein

Unconfirmed (5) - Light, Spec, Hoboz, Harbinger, Jiano (?)

seriously jiano, we havent heard from you in like forever lol
the last time we asked you if you wanna go you just kinda brushed it off and was like "i dunno, i MAY go, i'll let ya know later" and then we never hear from you

._.

but you should definitely go

anyways, Hoboz is pretty sure he'll be able to go, but hasnt confirmed. He should let me know by tomorrow. Harbinger hasnt contacted me lately. Light and spec have the problem of not being able to stay the night. I'm talking to paladin on the phone and he doesnt sound like he's wanting to drive back the same night. So from the way that's looking, light/spec if you cant stay the night, i'm not sure what we can do. Unless taylor would be able to drop you two off at oxmoor. But if he cant, you two would have to stay the night somewhere

which brings me to the next part. Housing. There are several people that, from what has been said, can provide housing. However, our group (excluding taylor's) may get up to 15. I HIGHLY doubt all of us would be able to stay at the same house, so we'd have to split up. After we get confirmations on who's going, i'll start messaging people about available houses.

So clowsui, tomorrow i'll give you a definite list. Also, I'll talk to tactical about the ranking for our people. Do you just want like a list from the top starting with the best?

Now to everyone else. Crew Battle. If you want to get into the crew battle, let me know. I'm probably gonna do some kind of preliminary tournament of some sort, because other than the 7/8 that i'm SURE are gonna be in the group, i'm not sure who the best are from the rest (seeing as how we'll have about 20 people >.>)

And... clowsui, do you think 20 is too many? I have no knowledge of the size of Doctor X's house, neither do I of the number of who's going besides louisville.

anyways, that's enough typing for me >.>

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
ok so i am gonna be one of the drivers and i would like to have people who ARE NOT afraid to do random stuff like use air horns or yell out the window and stuff

and i promise to those who join me that although i will not go as fast as tactical will but i do promise you all will be safe.......like i will not turn down one way roads or have crazy truck drivers flick me off.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% able to go, though you do or do not have to take me yourself.
(I got other rides if you aren't able)
Only way I can't go is if I fail my Finals.

Yes I want to be in the Crew Battle. Message me all the info quickly, I need to know about the housing to the tourney location and time so that if I can't ride with you my other option can. (Like I may have said, parents don't trust ya'll to drive me so I need this guy to at least show up and ride me home)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just to give you guys a heads up about the crew battle:

Pay special attention to what players you have that have crazy counterpicking skills. If you have a player that can play very well on one of the CP stages listed for clowsui's tournament, make sure to save them!

Also, make sure you save someone good for last.

You gotta start strong and end strong. Not like pancakes.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Just to give you guys a heads up about the crew battle:

Pay special attention to what players you have that have crazy counterpicking skills. If you have a player that can play very well on one of the CP stages listed for clowsui's tournament, make sure to save them!

Also, make sure you save someone good for last.

You gotta start strong and end strong. Not like pancakes.
We got this on gerudo lockdown son, we don't need janky stages to win the matches for us. Get froed.

Equi

Smash Ace
Rawwwwwwwwwwr

Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Wolllllllllllllllllfffffffffffffffffffffffff
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg
Powwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

Clawwwwwwwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Top Bottom