• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I bet you £10 I can beat him. ;)

Also I main Doc now, so that's not a problem lol.

:king:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about doing interviews for this event, I want to make small episodes of Out of Con'trolls'.

The benefits of this are to gain exposure as a scene in the UK and Overseas. And to show the faces of SmashUK

I would like:

Presenters
Someone to present, introduce and ask interview questions etc. This person needs to be interesting and stand out as I don't want boring interviews. (I would most likely do it if there is no one else willing to do so)

Interviewees
Single, Group and Crew interviews so whoever is willing to participate in being interrogated. No nerves or camera shy folk. This is for you to gain exposure by discussing your smash history, and your views on current events etc... All that interview stuff

Editors
Anyone who can edit videos but is also reliable. I don't want corrupted files, lost videos or anything like that. Need people that are good with deadlines and have these videos uploaded.
It would be even better if we have the same people doing presenting also commentating (whenever they get the opportunity).

If you are interested in taking part in an of this please get back to me!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Have you seen Hadster's interview with Armada? I think that was well made. See if he can come to this and ask him.

Also, I would be interested in an interview.

:king:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well AD, if you need an interviewer for the brawl side of things i might be able to do it, but id much rather actualyl get interviewed so i can shamelessly ***** out about blastzone

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'm thinking about doing interviews for this event, I want to make small episodes of Out of Con'trolls'.

The benefits of this are to gain exposure as a scene in the UK and Overseas. And to show the faces of SmashUK

I would like:

Presenters
Someone to present, introduce and ask interview questions etc. This person needs to be interesting and stand out as I don't want boring interviews. (I would most likely do it if there is no one else willing to do so)

Interviewees
Single, Group and Crew interviews so whoever is willing to participate in being interrogated. No nerves or camera shy folk. This is for you to gain exposure by discussing your smash history, and your views on current events etc... All that interview stuff

Editors
Anyone who can edit videos but is also reliable. I don't want corrupted files, lost videos or anything like that. Need people that are good with deadlines and have these videos uploaded.
It would be even better if we have the same people doing presenting also commentating (whenever they get the opportunity).

If you are interested in taking part in an of this please get back to me!
I'd be up for being interviewed or doing the interviews. I won't make it boring :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Oh, I'll add the results for this to the ssbmrankings uk site
I know it's been neglected, but there hasn't really been a tournament with enough attendees for it to really count so far

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
well AD, if you need an interviewer for the brawl side of things i might be able to do it, but id much rather actualyl get interviewed so i can shamelessly ***** out about blastzone
I'd be up for being interviewed or doing the interviews. I won't make it boring :)
na not so much an interviewer i need a presenter to do interviews and other things like introduce the scene, no offence but i dont think you 2 have what I'm looking for. I need a naturally hyped person.

I had in mind: Myself, hoe4u, j03, L-J, ixis or The Lust. (there are more but it requires thought) I know many people want to do it because the presenters will gain exposure to the smash community, along with the top uk players and unique people. If you dont stand out as an individual you will have to participate in a group interview or a 1 question interview

I want 2 presenters anyway so I'll definitely be using someone of the calibre

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
^^^

This post gets me hyped, just because of the vision of it all coming together and the hype and the exposure and hopefully it helps increase the scene and establish us as one as well

L-J

Smash Ace
When Prof travels he'll **** it up, I can't wait :)

And I'd be very happy to do the Peef role (if you have his show 'State of the Game' as a rough model for how you want ours to be) for the Melee side of things - UK community deffo needs exposure and hyping so if I can contribute that's be awesome!

gm jack

Smash Lord
Rich - is there anyway your college internet could allow live streaming? I have a pretty good mic, so next term, we could see if we could run something like that, or simply host for other uk players and stream that while chatting.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Well both the Melee and Brawl scene need a slight boost but I'm surprised people werent as on it before I started making all of these suggestions AND ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Out of Con'Trolls' is already the biggest tournament of the UK so far and it could bring tonnes of new, existing and unknown smashers. The scene has grown a lost but I can help but think all of this could have been done sooner.

I can say from now, that If this goes better than expected there WILL be an Out of Con'Trolls' 2 and it WILL be a UK INTERNATIONAL EVENT. Armada already said he's willing to come to the next one. And he comes, the rest of the world will follow (especially if he can maintain the Number 1 spot).

L-J

Smash Ace
Well regardless of what's happened before the important thing is you're making something positive happen NOW, which is really good to see.

And yeah Jack that should be possible.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
It doesnt matter if we only get 2 viewers, at least we're making an effort to hype the scene, some of you lot need to have a more positive attitude about this.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, def stream the tournament because that would definitely be hype for people who can't make it for whatever reason

But I think Jack is suggesting something seperate, which is stream our smashfests in Cambridge which seems entirely pointless :S

gm jack

Smash Lord
I was more suggesting to stream anything, be it a state of the game type chat or smash if some actually good players come up to cambridge. Rich beating us for however long solid might be a bit boring.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
na not so much an interviewer i need a presenter to do interviews and other things like introduce the scene, no offence but i dont think you 2 have what I'm looking for. I need a naturally hyped person.

I had in mind: Myself, hoe4u, j03, L-J, ixis or The Lust. (there are more but it requires thought) I know many people want to do it because the presenters will gain exposure to the smash community, along with the top uk players and unique people. If you dont stand out as an individual you will have to participate in a group interview or a 1 question interview

I want 2 presenters anyway so I'll definitely be using someone of the calibre
Alright, but i still want an interview and ****, my stuff is in the sticks and need all the exposure it can get XD

Well both the Melee and Brawl scene need a slight boost but I'm surprised people werent as on it before I started making all of these suggestions AND ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Out of Con'Trolls' is already the biggest tournament of the UK so far and it could bring tonnes of new, existing and unknown smashers. The scene has grown a lost but I can help but think all of this could have been done sooner.

I can say from now, that If this goes better than expected there WILL be an Out of Con'Trolls' 2 and it WILL be a UK INTERNATIONAL EVENT. Armada already said he's willing to come to the next one. And he comes, the rest of the world will follow (especially if he can maintain the Number 1 spot).
Being honest, this is why i wish i was a melee player and not a brawl player. tried to do all of this **** and got no help. you go and do it and get waves of asisstance XD
but i will say this: make sure the first one goes well before doing anything else. walk before you run, so to speak

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When Prof travels he'll **** it up, I can't wait :)

And I'd be very happy to do the Peef role (if you have his show 'State of the Game' as a rough model for how you want ours to be) for the Melee side of things - UK community deffo needs exposure and hyping so if I can contribute that's be awesome!
Thanks man, I actually have already planned on using the money which I hopefully win form Gaming Con towards getting a renewed Passport :)

ALSO I don't think we should be too much into talking about setting up a Stream even though I think it is a great idea, reason being we only have....

confirmed setup for Melee atm, and any laptop which would be for Stream would need to be added as a Melee setups.
We have loads of Dazzle, Ezcaps, Capture Cards etc....but we only have 1 confirmed laptop, we REALLY need people to help us in this department in order to have a successful tournament, Brawl is already setup because they can save matches on their Wii.

So....DOES ANYONE HAVE LAPTOP'S THEY CAN GIVE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!!

We want to have minimum 4 setups for each game and start recording from the Pools Stages!!!

Recording is one of the MAJOR factors in improving and gaining exposure in our scene

gm jack

Smash Lord
If the venue has good internet, I could look into trying to set my laptop up to record/stream, although I don't have any recording equipment at present.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Stream is not essential tbh I think right now recording is...
I don't get why there is an abundance of equipment in comparison to laptops?

If I get the add on to this windows 7 so I can run XP by the time of the tournament my laptop will be there.
Btw when you said you have one recording set-up is that like the laptop you guys are using?? cos i mean you guys must have one to run tio on for the tournament?

rustediron

Smash Lord
How big is the venue? If I decide that I want to get a lift from L-J up to Cambridge I might want to store a suitcase somewhere :S

Though if I do I'll be able to provide a setup as well as my desktop, which definitely has enough power to record and stream.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Stream is not essential tbh I think right now recording is...
I don't get why there is an abundance of equipment in comparison to laptops?

If I get the add on to this windows 7 so I can run XP by the time of the tournament my laptop will be there.
Btw when you said you have one recording set-up is that like the laptop you guys are using?? cos i mean you guys must have one to run tio on for the tournament?
If you could get your recording equipment setup it would heavily be appreicated :)

And I agree, recording must be heavily prioritized above LiveStream, so I don't think there's likely to be one UNLESS someone comes along with some powerful machine which can do everything.

And by 1 setups we mean Tamoo's Setup.

We have Dujuan little Notebook Laptop which will be used to run the TIO setup

How big is the venue? If I decide that I want to get a lift from L-J up to Cambridge I might want to store a suitcase somewhere :S

Though if I do I'll be able to provide a setup as well as my desktop, which definitely has enough power to record and stream.
:O REALLY...that would be good really good man.

I was speaking to Dujuan yesterday and I said to him (this is no lie) 'I bet Hugo has a laptop, I don't know why I feel like he does but he just' LOL and then I come online and see this

And yeah there is enough space to leave it in some space in the venue, not too sure if there is a storage room to put it or something or if you would prefer it in a convenient spot in the venue but it should be fine.

You will be added to the list under Bishkin's Ezcap and I will find out what program is needed :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace

you are a legend!

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i can bring my laptop since i wont be bringing a wii setup, however i dont have any stream equipment or recording equipment.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
i can bring my laptop since i wont be bringing a wii setup, however i dont have any stream equipment or recording equipment.
the laptop will be fine, thanks. If you can download amcap and pinnacle studio to your laptop please do so. I have recording equipment I can just attach that to your laptop.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the laptop will be fine, thanks. If you can download amcap and pinnacle studio to your laptop please do so. I have recording equipment I can just attach that to your laptop.
Theres aqlso my microphone which we tend to use for brawl, its at miller atm but i get it back next weekend

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Are any of those laptops windows XP? because windows movie maker on XP allows for recording (use AMCap to change the colour) and you can stream with it.

:phone:

Top Bottom