• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I think the main problem for now is storage. Once we have that sorted then we can look into seeing how frequent we can do this event.

Secondly, this venue is definitely not cheap so the turn out has to be massive every time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, that's hard to guarantee, how much does your venue cost anyway?

hell. we COULD collaborate on trying to make events monthly and rotating between each host. All thoughts for after we deal with the events we're all currently organising, right?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
hmm interesting.

Professor Pro I have heard about your Roy. As the number one Roy in the universal universe, mine has collected various scalps of recent- not to name names but, everyones?!?! I think we should money match. Roy dittos, best of 5, $94.50 adjusted for inflation nearer the time. No I mean £3. yeah.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it were a joke my man :seuss: :awesome:
that joke went on such a tangent it was off the screen :B

G.P. with his constant posting and missing every joke :awesome:
only the one joke you silly
and of course im constantly posting, i have nothing better to do, i live in a village after all

also everyone can BACK THE **** UP because i'm now confirmed for this, coming here STRAIGHT from apex

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If your question is referring to me then I would DEFINITELY want a Roy Ditto MM lol.

For the banter???

Really looking forward to you coming to this as well lol, you're gonna bring the hype by just being there lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
If your question is referring to me then I would DEFINITELY want a Roy Ditto MM lol.

For the banter???

Really looking forward to you coming to this as well lol, you're gonna bring the hype by just being there lol.
I remember when you were saying 'for the banter' (in an Irish accent) nearly constantly cos of Z

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
pro- glad to hear! I am looking forward to coming as well, been over 2 years since I've been to a tournament, whats that all about?! If you have a usual amount for MMs then we'll do that. And it is definitely for the banter :awesome:.

golden psyco- I assume you're predominantly a brawl player. I dabbled with charizard, it was a short-lived but turbulent affair. I play melee and I use Falcon, sheik and roy, but can use a little of everyone except zelda. she's rubbish

:seuss:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
well, that's hard to guarantee, how much does your venue cost anyway?

hell. we COULD collaborate on trying to make events monthly and rotating between each host. All thoughts for after we deal with the events we're all currently organising, right?
I know how much people keep wanting me to do this every month but I'm afraid that the turnout will not do so great. It will end up becoming like the London monthlies where less people started to show up each time.

I would think about doing it every 2 / 3 months. 1 Out of Con'trolls' a season sounds good to me. This gives us more time to prepare and we should get a large number of attendants.

plus this is my 1st major tournament I've hosted so we'll see how it goes I guess

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know how much people keep wanting me to do this every month but I'm afraid that the turnout will not do so great. It will end up becoming like the London monthlies where less people started to show up each time.

I would think about doing it every 2 / 3 months. 1 Out of Con'trolls' a season sounds good to me. This gives us more time to prepare and we should get a large number of attendants.

plus this is my 1st major tournament I've hosted so we'll see how it goes I guess
This ^

I've noticed that extremely frequent events is what leads to lower turnouts in the long run.

I'm talking about frequent events at a specific venue, not frequent events across the whole of the UK...

So we hope to delay our next Out of Con'Trolls and make it in the next 2/3 Months to create hype and suspense which we feel will benefit in the long run.

Plus with the success we feel that this will gain, people will come in large numbers and no-one will want to miss it because of they will know how big it will be and how long it will be to the next one and each new one will feel refreshing :bee:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
pro- glad to hear! I am looking forward to coming as well, been over 2 years since I've been to a tournament, whats that all about?! If you have a usual amount for MMs then we'll do that. And it is definitely for the banter :awesome:.

golden psyco- I assume you're predominantly a brawl player. I dabbled with charizard, it was a short-lived but turbulent affair. I play melee and I use Falcon, sheik and roy, but can use a little of everyone except zelda. she's rubbish

:seuss:
Well, im essentially brawl exclusive, i try at melee but my natural ability is too low for me to melee well XD

what i meant is rotating the venue and host, because hosting is a bit of a pisstake at times after all.
i mean i fully plan on going through with blastzone 2 in late march/early april. if you then do another one a few months after that, then i can do one another few months after yours

the reason that turnouts are low with frequent events is because a lot of smashers dont have jobs and therefore cant afford to do it, the only reason i can afford to come to this right after apex is because im working 50+ hours a week for a few months.
the reason blastzone 2 had very few people was because it was a brand new event in a place that many people didnt know. not to mention most londoners are unwilling to leave london XD

whatever, providing we dont end up with events clashing its all good
also, im gonna need housing from 11th january untill OoC somewhere in london. if someone wants to be generous enough XD

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been asked, but would a stream for this be possible? Would be good for UK scene to get more exposure and stuff.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No idea how to set up streams...of course it would be good if that could get done, but atm we are still focusing on getting recording equipment let alone Streams lol.

I think it might be a bit too much for our first event and the lack of knowledge of setting it up for one to be done atm :ohwell:

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Just need fast/good internet at the venue and, some other **** haha (a pretty powerful P.C/laptop I think too).

But yeah would be pretty ssssssssssick to get streams up for UK stuff.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
that i shall, that is if i really am struggling, i dont know the guy too well, i doubt he wants a salty ike main in his house XD
trust me he gets used to people being pissed at the game, he has to put up with me and luke, who has ragespasms over random bull**** happening ingame all the time. ah those ragequits, good times.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Unreal with that needed knowledge

also im sorted for housing, im staying with miller for the entire time and in enchange im paying for him to come to OoC, so stick him on that confirmed list Mr. AD/Prof. im bringing a boss with me

Top Bottom