• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
i'm just salty that I beat marcbri in my pool 2-0 and he made bracket, so close gaaaaaaaaay

should of been top4 go through -.-

That was my first game of 2012 to be fair and first game was mine but I suicided trying to gimp you lol xD.

Second match it was Sheik vs Falcon but I don't feel bad for losing that after I get 3/4 stocked most of the time in that match-up xD.

I didn't play gm jack as he said, he was not in my pool/bracket. iirc willz I made it out because I took a game of Zeppo and 2-0ed everyone else including PMS who 2-0ed you (samus is easy!) so I was maybe 1 match ahead lol.

Anyways I got a bit annoyed that I had to play Zeppo again in brackets first round, it's not like I would have beat any other seed 1/2 but playing diff people is always nice. (Although that second set help me realize that I should go Marth vs Falcon xD)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Video thread! Sorry it's so late!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13988550

BTW I was not at all impressed with Lguy, it seems that the UK has quite a bit of trouble with spacies. Nothing against Lguy, but I watched and commentated a few of his matches and was surprised that he was beating so many people.
Lguy had a bracket where the top seeds were upset, and a ganon who has trouble with spacies.

A lot of the UK would have been able to beat him if they could get used to his style in time (which is very different to the UK falcos).

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
That was my first game of 2012 to be fair and first game was mine but I suicided trying to gimp you lol xD.

Second match it was Sheik vs Falcon but I don't feel bad for losing that after I get 3/4 stocked most of the time in that match-up xD.

I didn't play gm jack as he said, he was not in my pool/bracket. iirc willz I made it out because I took a game of Zeppo and 2-0ed everyone else including PMS who 2-0ed you (samus is easy!) so I was maybe 1 match ahead lol.

Anyways I got a bit annoyed that I had to play Zeppo again in brackets first round, it's not like I would have beat any other seed 1/2 but playing diff people is always nice. (Although that second set help me realize that I should go Marth vs Falcon xD)
I know man, was my first melee tourney match since August 2011 :troll:

Only reason I'm salty is that I can/have beat people who make bracket (You, Yeniths, Tamoo, Bullet Bill etc.) yet I always fail :/

The only match where I thought I got completely outplayed was vs Zeppo, and I don't think PMS and Prof expected me to do as well as I did vs them, but that's what I think anyway. Still got a long way to go...

:phone:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Smash GT2, beat you 2-1 in pools. Don't deny that it happened, cuz everyone else knows lol.
everyone else knows? Don't think anyone remembers **** that happened however long ago that was, can't even remember what i did that tournament. Must have meant quite a lot to you if you still remember, i'm flattered

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for the consequences of my loss. I just really don't like playing Link with Luigi, and I thought I could beat him with Falco. Turned out I underestimated both his Link and the rustyness of my Falco... =).

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
Well considering I've only been to about 5 or so tournaments other than the ones at my house in the 3 years I've been in the community, yeah I do remember it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by bringing up the fact you've lost to a scrub like me in the past, I know people don't like losing to me. :(

LGuy

Smash Cadet
thank you for the bracket haha, I know some people (a lot?) could be upper than me. btw its a nice gift for a foreigner like me :)

I'll try to go to the next tournament to correct that :p

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
lol @ how king NDJ is the gatekeeper to the UK top 10, and despite placing joint 17th he is the 10th name representing Britain on the list :D
Just seen this Jelly .... epicnessness haha he is the ****ing 10th british brae.

Also jolteons samus is **** I wouldn't be surprised if it could beat your sheik haha =p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sheik playing offensively is just going to get destroyed (in most match ups).
It was only a joke, not a statement to be analyzed lol...and you've obviously never seen my sheik in action to make that statement....

My overly offensive & technical sheik > Your....sheik

Wait.......WHAT?
LOL Why did you just see that even though I posted it time ago....

HAHA I hate you go die :[

this made me laugh soo much
In my dream you were also playing Falco, since I know you think falco is a dirty disgusting filthy character it made my dream more pleasent

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Is it possible to host OOC2 in April/May? I need to talk to alpha dash / prof again because im trying to sort out something big still

not saying that i wont be hosting in may but it could be unlikely to host something big in such short notice. It would be good to have a backup plan incase

im looking on sorting out a general good cost plan for 100-150 people for mine

Heartstring

Smash Legend
catch up iron, bz2 was cancelled because the venue owner was a prick

fuzzy had moved his date to a week after mine anywayz

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
basically next week I find out whether my plans are going forward or not, waiting for the owner to get back to me and the person who runs LAC to also get back to me because he has housing links in Leicester.

There will be a trial tournament in Leicester around April 6-8th if the plans go forward, probably being only 1/2 days because I cannot get housing for that since the student accomodation is extremely busy, hotels + youth hostels wont offer a good price and Rileys might only allow overnight for 40-60 people unless we all stay awake lol.

The proper tournament will be around September 7-9th

if plans go forward:

- Free venue fee or very damn cheap

- 40 t.vs (already 100% confirmed!)

- Housing locally in student accomodation for £20-25 a night (however, since an anime event is going on they aren't being maintenanced properly and we can shove 3/4 people in each room, meaning around £7-8 a night)

- Catering, possibly £10 a day for Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner (+ Soft Drink wtih each) and the food is really nice!

- Special Menu for food + drink, things only costing like £2-4 each, even some of the alcohol is cheap for a bar :D

So wanna know why this September tourney is hype?

- Better Venue (although the allocated space isn't as big as the SNY hall, the whole place is huge, its in an awesome Snooker + Darts club with a bar + food!

- Better Price (Travel + £10-20 Food + £10-20 Tournament + £7/8 Housing a night)

- Better Housing (Literally a flat, you get a bedroom + shower + kitchen + toilet)

- Better Tourney (I'll be running it properly)

- Better Food (SNY's food was awful haha, this time it'll be properly prepared + cooked meals by the Rileys staff! So things like grilled burgers and whatnot. British pub food is f***ing awesome)

I am however asking if OOC2 could happen around April - June to have a fallback plan

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't think me and Alpha Dash will want to make a tournament based on a 'back up plan' to your tournament failing...if we make a tournament it will be set in stone and prepared hugely to make sure there are no errors and we did not want to do the tournament around that date :ohwell:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i could try BZ2's backup venue, but no-one gonna attend that on such short notice are they now. not to mention venue B is on the same sort of level of the one in tiptree

Top Bottom