• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Good tourney guys it was good to see all of you, it'l be awhile til il see a lot of you again, prolly in like 6 month, but il still be on boards and on Xbox for those that play CoD.

Also the bracket was rushed cuz we only had 1 laptop for like 6 different brackets going on, plus pools at the start. I could have brought mine but i was told we didnt need it, we needed a setup more, although we didnt need anymore setups cuz there wasnt enough tv's xD.

Top8 results were like:

1st: Kasper (Falco) [Didnt lose a set]
2nd: Anaky (Marth) [Lost to Kasper]
3rd: Calzorz (Diddy) [Lost to Kasper and Anaky]
4th: C.R.Z (Fox) [Lost to Anaky Twice]
5th: Leffen (Metaknight) [Lost to Anaky Twice]
5th: Marcbri (Falco) [Lost to Calzorz and C.R.Z]
7th: J.Miller (Random) [Lost to ??? and Leffen]
7th: Knives (Lucario?) [Lost to ??? and ???]

Keith INSISTED on splitting but i made sure he got slightly more money for singles.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney guys it was good to see all of you, it'l be awhile til il see a lot of you again, prolly in like 6 month, but il still be on boards and on Xbox for those that play CoD.

Also the bracket was rushed cuz we only had 1 laptop for like 6 different brackets going on, plus pools at the start. I could have brought mine but i was told we didnt need it, we needed a setup more, although we didnt need anymore setups cuz there wasnt enough tv's xD.

Top8 results were like:

1st: Kasper (Falco) [Didnt lose a set]
2nd: Anaky (Marth) [Lost to Kasper]
3rd: Calzorz (Diddy) [Lost to Kasper and Anaky]
4th: C.R.Z (Fox) [Lost to Anaky Twice]
5th: Leffen (Metaknight) [Lost to Anaky Twice]
5th: Marcbri (Falco) [Lost to Calzorz and C.R.Z]
7th: J.Miller (Random) [Lost to ??? and Leffen]
7th: Knives (Lucario?) [Lost to ??? and ???]

Keith INSISTED on splitting but i made sure he got slightly more money for singles.
Miller did not play as random, put Various. I'm almost certain his first loss was to Le Syd.

Nives was definitely Lucario, his second loss was vs. C.R.Z

If you can put up the other placements in the bracket.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
GG's to VA, Swizzy, JJLinyard, Callum, Tamoo, craigg (or is it craiig), j3ly, Jam, Zeppo, Shifting Shadows and Unreal. I was the Fox player, azn guy, I look like this - http://www.facebook.com/haotwo

Tamoo still un-defeated in Around The World, what a TW@.

Thanks to:
L-J for the lift back to Tamoo's, much appreciated man.
Prof + Alpha-Dash for organising it all, thanks for having it on and stuff.
Peef for streaming + commentating for pretty much the entire day.

Obviously disappointed with my performance in the group of death haha, I'll do better next time.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I played DDD too ( vs Nives, and pools although they dont matter)

Im still salty about my results in brawl singles, but I guess this means Ill have to come for revenge!

ggs everyone, event was mad fun, will do shoutouts when I get back home.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
@Prof and AD - well done on hosting boys only real problem i could see was lack of tv's/people need to play their pools matches but good job still unlucky about your placings though but was understandable.
@VA - good **** on beating leffen man..
@Swizzy - Get ***** son, ggs man.
@Unreal - next time........ ggs lol
@Tamoo, Hao, craig, ggs you guys made the pool real interesting.
@K17 and all the irish players i played hope to see you at another event was fun playing you guys.
Everyone else was good seeing ya and playing ya if I did
Oh yeah shoutout to peef for running the stream man good job.

And yeah would be cool if someone could get a full results list up i think it was sumint like...
1. IVP/Pepito
3. Fuzzy?
4. Leffen
5. VA + Lguy?
7. Prof + J3ly
9. Unreal + Swizzy + ? + ?
13. Jolteon and others
17. Me + KingNDJ and dunno anymore

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
How did you get into the Melee bracket Marc? Thought Prof, Zeppo and PMS were the top 3 :S

Also, sorry about leaving dude. If the schedule was on time like it should have been then I would of been there still and we would have won doubles. If you're up for teaming in the future then I don't mind, we just need to practice our teamwork skills more, considering we just jumped straight into bracket without really knowing how either one of us plays in doubles, but we improved as we went along.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
IVP and Pep won teams 3-1. Singles GFs playing right now.

edit: IVP won the first set 3-1, Pepito won second set 3-2.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Its k willz, we will win nect time. I beat everyone else in the pool 2-0 but prof who 2-0ed me and zeppo who beat me 2-1. So I got a clutch third place lol

:phone:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I had a great time commentating and streaming, and I'm glad I didn't enter. I really got to avoid how stressful that would have been on me. Looking forward to shoutouts. Very disappointed in the promptness of the TO staff, this tourney should have finished easily and 2-3 hours earlier than it did.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
How many hits was the stream getting Peef? I was hearing roumers of like 750 at one point, don't know if true

Also 1337 post on here, so leet
:phone:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There were several problems with this tournament which will 100% be sorted out for the next one, most of it was down to the shortage of TV's.

The next one won't be until late this year/early next year which will give us plenty of time to get over 30 Working TV's and have everything fully organized, sorry on the slowness of the event and things not getting organized guys, but i'm glad I got to experience it so I now have a VERY good idea on what should be done during a tournament to organize the most hype event for the community.

Mistakes were made and mistakes WILL be corrected :)

VA

Smash Hero
About the tournament: I think Prof and AD deserve praise for organising a big tournament and getting European interest. There are a lot of difficult organisational things that go into hosting a tournament which were carried out in order to allow this to even happen in the first place. Well done for making it happen.

That said, the on the day organisation was nothing short of a hot mess. My advice would be to prepare a lot more in advance and give yourself leeway for things going wrong. I think there needs to a big shoutout to PEEF for running the stream as I think without this the tournament would have been a very different experience. Further to this you hadn't planned your schedule, the formats, briefed people properly on the rules or enforce them.

My suggestion would be to prepare a lot more in advance. You have to give people information to allow your event to run smoothly. Don't start running doubles and then start a TV grab on singles pools at the same time because that's never going to work out. Delegation of TVs is essential. Situating the front desk as an information hub is key so people know where to report their matches. Running around with the free mic was so confusing as sometimes I'd hear my name being shouted and not know the person was that was saying it.

It is essential that you tell people the rules on stages and do not assume that everyone knows them because you posted them in your tournament thread.

Anyway, well done and thank you for running the tournament. It's a hard task and I think you understand better now what it takes from the experience.

p.s there are some other gripes to do with Alpha Dash's patent fixing of his side of the bracket and prof complaining about being bracket ***** at his own tournament (WTF) but I'm prepared to put them aside as I beat Leffen and none of it mattered anyway

gm jack

Smash Lord
Rather than bracket ****, the problem I had was that people in the same pool could meet in the second round (which happened to me). It isn't a huge seeding issue, but it's nicer to play a variety of people than play the same people.

It shouldn't be too hard to sort out, and should just take 5 mins once the bracket is created to make sure people from the same pool are slightly spread out.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
As far as the stream, here are some numbers:

Total Broadcast Time: 11hrs 56min
Max Concurrent Viewers: 1,594
Average Concurrent Viewers: 601
Total Views: 187,984
Unique Viewers: 39,233
Hours Casted by PEEF: All but 15 minutes of it LOL

It was great fun streaming, I really got some great casting/commentating practice too.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Liar, you said it had good matches! all i see is melee :troll:

Stupid points aside, This event was fun, And it was nice to see how i compared to everyone else after apex. Shoutouts now!

@AD and Prof: Once again, thank you very much for hosting, I know how hard it is to get an event to run, and my own event got nowhere near as many as yours did! Maybe next time i can bring several of my 20 crt's with me! i know they all work so that would at least give a few more working tv's, but thats for another time!
@Calzorz: The fact you managed to get diddy kong from the random button still baffles me to no end. I'm telling you that you should still go snake, It's far better than your diddy
@Kasper: You make a valid point when you say you're going to struggle to improve in this scene, what with anaky quitting and calzorz sandbagging. But get back to me about WHOBO4 okay? I don't want the same **** to happen to me like the apex planning did
@Anaky: Thanks a ton for rigging the bracket, Because i want to play hoe4u every time he attends XD But seriously, Good luck with CoD of whatever it is that you're dropping brawl for :(
@Cong: I don't know what happened to you in bracket, But christ the life I don't think I've seen anything like it. Better luck next time
@Sinth: My Double's Buddy! Maybe We'll have better synergy if we team next time? Untill then work on that snake, All you need to do is make sure you get back to the stage faster, It's the only thing that stops you being a real top player
@Flame: You honestly caught me out with how good your sheik was. Try to find someone to play against offline to sharpen what you already know and you could become a monster! But don't go thinking you can beat me now :B
@Shay: tut-tut, Bad rep of team tractor XD But seriously, I'm going to come To yours when you're at uni and we're going to become pros at both Street fighter and brawl!
@AfromanJ.miller: thanks a ton for letting me stay at yours for the week, I know it was a really awkward time, and that the travelling was a pain. But it worked out in the end XD Also you have some milk in the fridge that i left, Merry christmas!
@Shlurpie: Flake
@Marcbri: I was honestly surprised you went out as early as you did, After your placement at the LGC. It was nice to play some friendlies with you, Perhaps next time I'll be a bit better eh?
@C.R.Z: Some kind of broken tactics with that Fox i tell you, How you manage to place that well i will never know XD
@Hoe4u: One day I'll beat you in tournament, And when that happens, I'll be overjoyed, You got to stop playing so different from other pikachu's though, It always catches me out

leffen

Smash Champion
fun tournament, ill prob come back for another one

brawls ****, ill never prioritize that game over melee again
esp when the schedule is this horrible

oh

teams gf was played out, ivp n pepito barely won 3-2 double falco vs fox luigi

singles was down to the wire, all matches were stupidly close
3-1 ivp first set
3-2 pepito second set

I played 2 serious sets with them bo5

I won 3-0 both sets, only game 2 vs pepito was close, rest were pretty much destruction

Please come to gamers meetup 18-19 february in stockholm, the tickets are really cheap :)

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Shout outs:

@AD + Prof: That was some buff secluded venue guys, location was amazing in terms of proximity from other shops and shiz. The toliets looked clean enough to **** in without having to put down an entire roll of toilet paper. Looking forward to seeing you guys again and going back to that venue.

@ Pepito + Ivp: Was fun jamming with you guys and playing some doubles at the beginning, you know the only reseaon you won teams is because of me haha. You guys are pretty ****, definately wanna see you guys again at some point take care. Hope you got back alrite.

@ Marcabri: Well played on camping me to death, haha. If I thought I needed to win that game to go through I might have played a lil harder, I can only blame myself really. Well played on the brawl result, lol you weren't lying when you said you knew the Samus matchup. Shame we couldn't fit in our mm would have loved a lil revenge, oh well till next time look after yourself.

@ Zeppo: Thanks for also sheiking me to death, wished you'd stayed falcon would have been an easy 2-0 for me =p. The 2nd game was hella close, hope you come down to more events. Keep raising that Scottish community, they need you.

@ Kingndj: Hahahaha how dare you out place me, ME!!!!! Jokes, I was so hyped for your match against ajp. I kept quiet so I wouldn't throw you off but the hype was still there, well played man. Hope Swedish link taught you bare shizzle to help with you defensive game. Even if your not the best in Europe yet, your offensive link game is. Don't lose the faith please be motivated. Haha and you said nothing changes when you turn 21, result say otherwise, til next time man.

@ Other Samus: I'm bad with names don't be offended man ain't personal, yea we need to jam more so I can learn that Marth matchup and you can learn the spacies. I used to jam with a falco, a marth and a sheik before I left them in the hands of jelly, who ***** them so hard they don't play no more. You best come down to the next tourney and increase the troll count, dunno if I'm gonna make it so somebody has to represent the space dame. See you around sometime

@ Chrisboi, kman, swizzy (group of death, with me being the source of death. That was to jokes) lust (r.w.w.k), AC (Adrian not DG), JJ L + bishkin: Was good to see you all again don't be strangers turn up to more events, TTFN.

@ Peef: Respect, you know why =p.

All in all had alot of fun, we should try and get more TV's, the venues definately big enough, also you could have some one running a lil shop Booth to capitalize on the hunger strike that hits all smashers at some point. Maybe start with just selling cans o drink and work your way up, could be some more revenue in there for you.

Till next time *****es

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As far as the stream, here are some numbers:

Total Broadcast Time: 11hrs 56min
Max Concurrent Viewers: 1,594
Average Concurrent Viewers: 601
Total Views: 187,984
Unique Viewers: 39,233
Hours Casted by PEEF: All but 15 minutes of it LOL

It was great fun streaming, I really got some great casting/commentating practice too.
Again, thanks for streaming.

fun tournament, ill prob come back for another one

brawls ****, ill never prioritize that game over melee again
esp when the schedule is this horrible

oh

teams gf was played out, ivp n pepito barely won 3-2 double falco vs fox luigi

singles was down to the wire, all matches were stupidly close
3-1 ivp first set
3-2 pepito second set

I played 2 serious sets with them bo5

I won 3-0 both sets, only game 2 vs pepito was close, rest were pretty much destruction

Please come to gamers meetup 18-19 february in stockholm, the tickets are really cheap :)
I'm probably traveling there with Fuzz since the tickets are £20.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
was great to see everyone and play who i played,
thanks to alpha-dash and prof for organising and everyone who helped with the tourny, jolteon and fuzz and everyone anyone else

thanks to the swedish and anyone else outside of the UK for making the trip!

also thanks to PEEF for the hard work streaming all day and it being so professional

had a great day and def hope to make more tournys like this. <3 to all :starman:

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Also disappointed I never got to play you Jolteon, or you Prof, Fuzzy, the European guys more too.

Ah well, whenever I see you next i'll steal you guys for a while and get some games in haha.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Really good tournament guys, some organisational issues; my suggestions to overcome them would be the following:

1) Try and have more than 1 laptop organising the entire tournament

2) Have enough staff members so that you can always have at least 1 person at the front desk. That way you can immediately call out on the MIC when a new game needs to be played, along with the TV it should be played on as soon as a set finishes. It'll also make DQ'ing people easier.

L-J

Smash Ace
Could we get full results up for all the events from one of the TOs?

Thanks for running the tournament AD and Prof, it was fun and any mistakes that were made can easily be remedied for next time. Might do some shoutouts later.

KI7

Smash Rookie
Haha, finally my first tournament. Im even more motivated for more smash now.
Also had a good night with Lewis and Jason afterwards.
See you guys all soon hopefully!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well that was a hell of a tournament! I have to say though, not as good as I was expecting unfortunately. It was AWESOME getting to see so many players + friends I haven't seen in a while.

Very big thanks go to Alpha Dash for running the tournament and although it wasn't perfect, it was a pretty good effort. Prof as well for co hosting and also putting in a lot of effort into the running of it.

Huuuuge thanks to PEEF for the stream. Was really great to see and you even did commentary- you didn't have to do that and I for one appreciated. You're a pretty cool guy as well.

Fortune Cookie- I was impressed by your fox but more impressed by your Scottish accent :bee:. Was really good talking to you this tournament. Hope to see again next time.

AC- I have to say, you were a very nice host to be so hospitable at the end of the tournament. Thanks very much for that :) and we had some nice doubles games as well.

Leffen- se'ups. Not especially happy with our match, but then you are very very good. Was definitely a pleasure to be able to play you though especially on the live stream.

Monty- thanks for teaming. Glad to see you're still defending your title of no1 johner in the UK

Dacacia- It's always awesome to see you and this tournament was no exception. Unlucky in your match against Chrisboi as well! The crowd were definitely too distracting (even though it's chrisboi and it's tempting to shout finish all the time). Next time it'll be different.

Shifting Shadows- I should have won :(. Nice falcon though. You have such a nice style

Jam- probably the coolest guy in smash + mad friendly and kinda still good at smash! Will definitely be up for some more games when I next see you :)

Beast- one of the nicest guys in the community. I think you just need to work on polishing movement and finishing a bit. You're combos, edgeguards are good but there are too many avoidable mistakes in your game. Great performance in doubles man.

Captain Copeland- had to hide a son face when you said I was a lot better when we were playing in friendlies :awesome:. Was good to see you though! It's been so long. Good to see you're looking to get the scene going in Scotland. I'd start with any gaming communities even if they're casual and talk to people there.

VA- you don't need me to tell you that that win vs Leffen was ****ing awesome. Great victory for yourself and the UK. Our doubles match was entertaining as well :bee:. You definitely weren't on brilliant form with the peach in those matches.

hoe4u, Ixis and Warning- had to come over and see you guys as you're probably some of my fav smashers even though you mainly play brawl which I'm not as used to. That could change though as I'm thinking of entering brawl events again.

Unreal- goddamit it had to be you didn't it :glare:. Nahhh it's ok. At least they were good games and I managed to get a game. For me some pf the best parts of a tournament are matches that are really intense and competitve and that match def was. Congrats on the placing as well.

Ricardo- you seriously never disappoint when it comes to jokes :bee:. My fav had to be the wad of cash in your pocket 'look this is what I got from winning the amateur bracket'. LOL such a liar

GM Jack- You broke my heart. I'm never ever teaming with you again :crying:

Fuzz- congrats on 3rd. Gutted you didn't beat Pepito though. Stop losing confidence in your characters so easily.

Other Swedes- you come here, you eat our food, sleep in our beds, enter our tournaments and then take our prize money! I hope you're happy :glare:

gm jack

Smash Lord
GM Jack- You broke my heart. I'm never ever teaming with you again :crying:
Why would I team with you? We lost to brawlers first round and still managed to beat you. :awesome:

Seriously though, you were my first choice (though KI7 is on a similar level to you, so it didn't make too much difference), but you didn't reply to my messages or texts, so I teamed with anyone because I'm so amazing at teams that I could place decently regardless. :cool:

monty06

Smash Ace
haha wasnt johning got annoyed at my 3 way tie in my pool with 3 wins and still came 4th but oh well lol i been playing to much competitive black ops and now im fully focusing on smash again so wont repeat it. anyways ben was good teaming with u have to do it again though defo do better next time.

will do my shoutouts later cba atm got few things on

Top Bottom