• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Props to the UKs that gave my boy leffen the ****

YO are u guys doing a results thread? so i kno if ima wait with the shouts or not

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I'd like to thank :-

Tamoo for housing me and being totally sound about it. Bracket match was so close, I have had a mental block vs jiggz for years but you are a very smart player, as proven by your zelda and prowess at around the world

LJ for driving us and also being totally sound about it, was a great help man. Your fox is cool, relax a bit more and you'll do even better

PEEF for the coverage- I watched back my games with prof and may have even learnt a thing or two. I picked pokemon cause I wasn't taking it very seriously and usually do best on DL, PS or FD(and prof banned DL), but Im an old school dude and seem to have ignored that stage being bad for falcon vs technical foxes haha, never again

Aaron and Dujuan for hosting. shame we couldn't have had some friendlies

Robby for shouting behind me during an intense set with Mike :seuss:

Leffen for schooling me on the modern falcon fox matchup :seuss:

everyone else I played and hung out with- good times

shoutouts to warning and willz for playing falcon, more dittos

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I played 3 Friendlies the entire day and they were 2 against AC and 1 against POW, so no-one got to play me unless they were playing me in a tournament game lol.
Lmao i played 3 Brawl Friendlies with Blaze and thats basically it, cuz he bugged me xD.

L-J

Smash Ace
Lol Prof.

Btw I'll ask again as you're in here - have you got the tio files with full results/brackets for all the events? Cus they should really be posted, considering this was a national and all.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
its incomplete i been asking for results because it shut down, luckily i saved the progress half way through the tournament. I need the results of

Averruncus vs warning and (winner of that vs King NDJ)

Tamoo vs KipKosky and (winner of that vs zeppo)

Fortune cookie vs lootic and (winner of that vs unreal)

its incomplete i been asking for results because it shut down, luckily i saved the progress half way through the tournament. I need the results of

Averruncus vs warning and (winner of that vs King NDJ)

Tamoo vs KipKosky and (winner of that vs zeppo)

Fortune cookie vs lootic and (winner of that vs unreal)
I won against fortune cookie but lost against unreal.

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
Good tourney ,Thanks prof pro and alpha dash

To bad i have to quit in double because yami have to leave

Thanks a lot XIII and AC for the housing !

Crz : awesome fox , good friendly

Kasper: that falco ! better than deimos for sure

Marcbri : so close =O nice character pick GG

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Good job Nives! too bad Loota didn't go as he planned. Lucario dittos would have been played all day lolz.

Pepito and leffen you guys did pretty well in Brawl as well. nice.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
1st Pepito
2nd IVP
3rd Fuzzyness
4th Leffen
5th Lguy
5th VA
7th J3ly
7th Professor Pro
9th AJP
9th Swizzy
9th Unreal
9th Zeppo
13th Jam
13th Lootic
13th Jolteon
13th Warning
17th King NDJ
17th Tamoo
17th LJ
17th Marcbri
17th JJLinyard
17th FortuneCookie
17th ShiftingShadows
17th KI7
25th Retroking
25th GM Jack
25th Frugs
25th Bullet Bill
25th Alpha Dash
25th KipKosky
25th AC
25th Averruncus

bit silly that no list of results had been posted up until now :seuss:

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol @ how king NDJ is the gatekeeper to the UK top 10, and despite placing joint 17th he is the 10th name representing Britain on the list :D

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
i swear gm jack said in another thread that Lguy was only a bit better than him, yet look at the placements LOL

and i should of made bracket, such bull****, i always get hard pools lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Lguy placing was really lucky and bad on the seedings behalf...

As I said before all he needed to do to get 5th was beat AC, KingNDJ then Swizzy and he was 5th, it was just very bad seeding...

And I had to play 1 German and 4 out of the 5 Swedish.

gm jack

Smash Lord
It was due to King pulling a huge upset on beating AJP. And I was beating Lguy in friendlies on the day, but falco is my favourite matchup, so I'm probably not as good as him overall.

You can seed as well as you like, but any upset is going to screw people over. I don't think anyone was expecting king to beat AJP, but AJP decided he preferred falco over his luigi against link, and King's entire crew plays falco. Match up preference is also going to mess it up as well, and I think I could have beaten people who out placed me in match ups I like, but I could (and did) also lose to people who didn't get out of pools in ones I don't like.

You can't take a single tournament as meaning too much (other than the top few placings), as bracket can make huge difference in how you place. Consistency is what matters.

Can doubles results go up as well? I'm kind of interested to see how I did relative to other UK teams.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
LGuy was second seed in his pool, he should have fought AC -> AJP -> Swizzy (who placed top in his pool), yes it was easier than several other brackets (including prof's/myself's) but that's just how it goes, every tournament is going to have that issue.

Jolteon

LOL that's kinda funny 'cause he beat gm jack and alpha dash

wheelz for top tier

L-J

Smash Ace
Yeah I mean **** happens with seeding and double elim sometimes. I beat Warning 1st round winners and he ended up outplacing me (I was one of those screwed over majorly by King beating AJP as I had him straight away in losers after IVP in 2nd round winners). It's pretty much upsets that screw over people - the Apex 2012 bracket was full of that.

The only thing that could and should have been fixed was the seeding of the top 8 such that the clear best 6 players at the tournament weren't paired up for winners quarters (Leffen and VA, Fuzzy and IVP, Pepito and Prof), leaving one winners quarters match with the weakest of the 8 (no offence to either of those 2 guys). So I guess bear that in mind for next time.

VA

Smash Hero
I had the hardest one (on paper and by recognition of the players) so no moaning about having 1 German (who btw it was his first tournament) and 4 Swedish (2 of which I also played, 2 of which were not difficult, beating one of them with Falcon in pools).

No crying about being bracket *****. Step up or shut up. If Prof had have had LGuy's ride to 5th I would have moaned but it was fair as all the top UK guys had a similar bracket.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
What LJ said is correct, in the top 8 the 2 weakest played when they should have been matched to the 2 strongest. Regardless of King NDJ causing an upset, that shouldn't have happened as AJP would still have been regarded as one of the weakest of the top 8. So the seeding was faulty regardless of AJP's loss.

If you are relying on tournament placings to inform your seeding, yet the tournaments are not seeded properly, then you have :

inaccurate results informing inaccurate seeding informing inaccurate results

and so on and so forth

Its a continuous circle that defeats itself and leads to unhappy players (the consequence of which could be less attendees, less profit for TO's etc.) . Seeding isn't as easy as it looks, and it is a very important factor if you want a tournament to be a success.

Obviously my bracket was lucky and enabled me to get a relatively easy 9th, but placing often says very little in tournaments, its about who you beat. I would have liked to get a shot at other fringe players like Jolteon or j3ly. Next time.

Jolteon

No he didn't. He wasn't in my pool or bracket.
Oh, my bad, I just assumed he was the foreign Sheik you were talking about.

I had the hardest one (on paper and by recognition of the players) so no moaning about having 1 German (who btw it was his first tournament) and 4 Swedish (2 of which I also played, 2 of which were not difficult, beating one of them with Falcon in pools).

No crying about being bracket *****. Step up or shut up. If Prof had have had LGuy's ride to 5th I would have moaned but it was fair as all the top UK guys had a similar bracket.
I dunno I had to play fuzzy second round lool, though you are better than me. I agree 100% with your second paragraph.

Obviously my bracket was lucky and enabled me to get a relatively easy 9th, but placing often says very little in tournaments, its about who you beat. I would have liked to get a shot at other fringe players like Jolteon or j3ly. Next time.
I'll play you next time we meet.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL that's kinda funny 'cause he beat gm jack and alpha dash

wheelz for top tier
This makes me upset lol...

Epsesh since Alpha Dash also lost to Warning in pools as well, I don't like it when I see Alpha Dash losing to people who don't play the game that much (Warning) and people who don't play Melee that much are beating people Alpha Dash are losing to (Willz beating Marcbri)

Well I had to answer his question as to why LGuy got that placing since GM Jack said he was only a tiny bit better then him but your post is right :)

I think you're probably better then me now as Fuzzy also said and I don't have much desire to get much better and all my desire has gone to getting better with Troll characters and all other characters which aren't fox cos it's what im enjoying atm (Link & Roy mostly lol) and I will prob be going a lot of these characters at LAC4 because I want a new type of challenge for dat hype

Top Bottom