• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

VA

Smash Hero
Thank you, im definitely going to check that out, I really want to cater to the new people at this tournament and everyone get in a good amount of games, no matter how good of bad your performance is.

ALSO im currently learning how to fully use T.I.O and with the seeding....am I meant to put

10 Skill by the Top 4 Seeds
Professor Pro
Fuzzyness
Vanity Angel
Retroking < (Just put him for lulz)

High Seeds as Skill 5
Jolteon
J3ly
Unreal
Deathgazer

And then everyonelse as skill 1?

ALSO if you have any idea where that 'Amateur Bracket' is I would appreciate it as I don't really know where to begin looking.
Why am I 3rd? It should be X1-12 or Swizzy. lol, Swizzy. he makes me laugh so much, one day I'm going to teach him how to play a real character, then you'll all get ***** and I'll still beat him.

He'll somehow figure out how to CG with Sheik in PAL on all characters.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Well by the looks of it there will probably be 8 pools if there's so much people coming. If so then obviously more people will be seeded. If we do top 4 go through we could have a 32 man bracket. I was thinking 2 rounds of pools but that's too time consuming.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Scotland is interested and that includes Zeppo. housing would be required tho
Yessss...that Zeppo comeback hype LOL :bee:
How much of you lot would be interested just so I can add you to the Interested/Confirmed List :)

And housing will definitely be available to you, just remind Me or Alpha Dash in the thread closer to the date as we hope to have several different housing locations available

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yessss...that Zeppo comeback hype LOL :bee:
How much of you lot would be interested just so I can add you to the Interested/Confirmed List :)

And housing will definitely be available to you, just remind Me or Alpha Dash in the thread closer to the date as we hope to have several different housing locations available
Maybe it'd be an idea to seperate the list into confirmed and interested?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
^ This

It's too hard to distinguish the 100% guaranteed to maybe's to hopefullies.

It's just a list to get an overall idea and Me and Dujuan actually think more people then are on the list will be there, the extreme majority of people on the list are people who said they are coming, and there's still a good few people I know who aren't on the list yet but have showed real interest in coming, plus a good few people on the facebook page who I have no idea what there smash names are so have been left out.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if I should enter Melee singles at this :/
Ain't that interested in it anymore and I just sorta wanna concentrate on Brawl now because I know I'm a lot better at it, I'm still up for doubles cuz I know me and Brado will **** **** up regardless.

I'm accepting money matches for each game as well btw, so come at me broskis

oh and Dujuan happy bday + have you got a picture of the venue I can use yet? I'm gonna start promoting it again on aib soon as I have access to a laptop again :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dunno if I should enter Melee singles at this :/
Ain't that interested in it anymore and I just sorta wanna concentrate on Brawl now because I know I'm a lot better at it, I'm still up for doubles cuz I know me and Brado will **** **** up regardless.

I'm accepting money matches for each game as well btw, so come at me broskis

oh and Dujuan happy bday + have you got a picture of the venue I can use yet? I'm gonna start promoting it again on aib soon as I have access to a laptop again :)
haha, we can have our money match here instead then, seeing as you ran scared at expo :B

also if you want to start advertising mine that would be great, you seem ot have EVERYONE added on aib XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP wanna MM?

Ganon dittos in both games lool

:king:
providing the stake is the same for both games, ill do it :B

oh yeah, ill be coming to this straight from apex. so yeah, expect me to look like a trainwreck, but to be a beast in-game :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
What would you guys think about a tourney back on back one day after the other?

there might be something for melee possibly 15th January in Central London (Expanding) - Might be getting out of tiptree
Its an opportunity but it might be too costy for people (tournmanet costs)..it could wait a month just saying we could have another tourney going on

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
providing the stake is the same for both games, ill do it :B

oh yeah, ill be coming to this straight from apex. so yeah, expect me to look like a trainwreck, but to be a beast in-game :)
yeah ofc, same stake xD

there might be something for melee possibly 15th January in Central London (Expanding) - Might be getting out of tiptree
Its an opportunity but it might be too costy for people (tournmanet costs)..it could wait a month just saying we could have another tourney going on
any excuse to get out of ****ty tiptree is good to me

:king:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Wouldn't work, it's too close to our event and people wouldn't want to make both events and would more likely make our just because our one was advertised 1st and is more well known atm, you get the occasional dedicated people who would but not the vast majority of people.

You might as well do it a Month and a bit later, that's how you will get a good turnout.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
or you can let the events be spaces out and not end up crowding my event, i kinda dont want to lose another hundred or so quid XD

speaking of which, prof/AD: would you object to me putting fliers for blastzone 2 at ooc?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well the one in london that I'm planning will be monthly and only for melee. This means that I wont be hosting for brawl anymore (there is croydon)

There wont be as many t.vs but it will be in a bigger venue in Central London, so I'm not looking on the terms of these being nationals just local.

It'll be alongside other fighting games, meaning instead of me + frostbolt hosting 2 tournaments a month (hassle) we could do them together in one event
It wont just be fighting games, these will be events for "any game" apart from street fighter 4. To bring the gaming community together
Smash will still have the biggest presence and priority in t.vs :s

Basically we got a lot more events now, and there'll be less t.vs for these events but a lot more tournaments throughout the year..Whereas we have Croydon, Blastzone and Arcade Not Disco to run the Nationals. (maybe every 3/4 months?)

We've already found this venue and it might start in January, but smash may begin there in February.

Another thought though, if that croydon venue is good enough why not make a deal with the owners to store t.vs and then run there monthly? You make it sound a lot better than tiptree and honestly I dont want to host there anymore. This'll solve the problem of being in a worse venue..and is there internet connection?

Another question, are you using my t.vs for this tournament? cause I forgot

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey prof right now its me, shiftingshadows, and zeppo who are interested. we would prolly need housing for the night before and the of the tourney since it takes so long to get back to scotland.

Hope u guys are ready for scotland to dominate again XD

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
well the one in london that I'm planning will be monthly and only for melee. This means that I wont be hosting for brawl anymore (there is croydon)

There wont be as many t.vs but it will be in a bigger venue in Central London, so I'm not looking on the terms of these being nationals just local.

It'll be alongside other fighting games, meaning instead of me + frostbolt hosting 2 tournaments a month (hassle) we could do them together in one event
It wont just be fighting games, these will be events for "any game" apart from street fighter 4. To bring the gaming community together
Smash will still have the biggest presence and priority in t.vs :s

Basically we got a lot more events now, and there'll be less t.vs for these events but a lot more tournaments throughout the year..Whereas we have Croydon, Blastzone and Arcade Not Disco to run the Nationals. (maybe every 3/4 months?)

We've already found this venue and it might start in January, but smash may begin there in February.

Another thought though, if that croydon venue is good enough why not make a deal with the owners to store t.vs and then run there monthly? You make it sound a lot better than tiptree and honestly I dont want to host there anymore. This'll solve the problem of being in a worse venue..and is there internet connection?

Another question, are you using my t.vs for this tournament? cause I forgot
yeah will be needing all the TVs we can get. I dont think you hosting a tournament 1 day after hours is a good idea save it till a later date.

GP- you can advertise your event at ours if you like.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeh we'll get our mm done, expo got boring thats why i left :p

and i'll start advertising it bareeeeeeeeee once this tournament is out the way :)
expo...boring? ive never heard such drivel :B

awesome, thanking you

yeah will be needing all the TVs we can get. I dont think you hosting a tournament 1 day after hours is a good idea save it till a later date.

yeah, im a little worried about how easy it is to reach croydon by car though, is there parking by your venue, and how far in is it from the m25?

and thanks. although i just realised that im going to have to take these fliers with me to apex, this will be interesting XD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!

you still didnt answer my questions:

1) can you store t.vs there?

2) can you make it monthly?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fuzzy, don't be silly...these aren't Monthlies nor are they confirmed to be frequent in the future so why are you cutting out Brawl from your tournaments?

You're talking about increasing the scene, and then you cut out one of the main factors which bring in new people and get current people attending...literally makes no sense, and just because you don't like the game

And I don't play Brawl at all and you know I don't like it and im saying this...you're seperating the scene, and uniting nothing...how are we gonna get new people without having the currently most played and known Smash game at your event?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fuzzy, don't be silly...these aren't Monthlies nor are they confirmed to be frequent in the future so why are you cutting out Brawl from your tournaments?

You're talking about increasing the scene, and then you cut out one of the main factors which bring in new people and get current people attending...literally makes no sense, and just because you don't like the game

And I don't play Brawl at all and you know I don't like it and im saying this...you're seperating the scene, and uniting nothing...how are we gonna get new people without having the currently most played and known Smash game at your event?
quoted for truth

that, and croydon is significantly harder for me to get to compared to tiptree /selfish

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I never said I didnt want brawl, but its not possible in the new venue with the crappy amount of T.Vs (because we have to share them with other communities and sadly they aint even mine anymore..you know I might have to buy some t.vs again soon -_- (****ing kone)

Might just be stuck in tiptree then

Whats the reason they cant be frequent? If croydon is really good and close to the station that would be better for everyone :s If we get croydon constantly instead of Tiptree it'd be easier to advertise definitely..and in terms of getting there easier

I already know you run things every thursday at the venue right? So why not ask the owner if he can set something up every month =)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Just dont take what im saying negatively

all I'm saying is Croydon seems a lot better of a venue, why cant we host there regularly instead?

Unless people still want tiptree + croydon :s

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah actualyl fuzzy i may have a nice source of cheap good tv's for you or something around
the pub i work at has a good 15 tv's in a storage room, average size about 20inch. im NOT sure what my boss wants to do with them, he's going to get back to me about them because i want to use them for blastzone
but if he wants to sell them after that then im sure i can convince him to send em your way. we can cross that bridge when it gets to it though

Top Bottom