• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
And shield dropping.

Because being able to punish a marth for poking at your shield while you are on a platform is awesome.
Yeah this too. :D Not even for punish purposes but it's also awesome for movement.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This is the smash scene for you. my confirm list for BZ was originally about 50 for both games combined, perhaps a little more
i ended up with only 20-ish people coming
I think yours was mostly down to lack of successful adverstisement and location.

But this time I think the advertisement is a lot better and hopefully our event will change that
I don't think this event will be like that, in fact we hope to get a better turnout then the Interest/Confirmed List

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think yours was mostly down to lack of successful adverstisement and location.

But this time I think the advertisement is a lot better and hopefully our event will change that
I don't think this event will be like that, in fact we hope to get a better turnout then the Interest/Confirmed List
I know i know, i did a lot of advertising elsewhere though, which actually helped to cushion my loss...slightly.
location was a BIG ****ter. but people know where it is now, so the second event will hopefulyl be better
lets face it, if the people who said they would have come did, i would have been up and a hundred quid rather than down

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
in saying that, you need to update the list, I keep stressing you about it!
And I keep asking you who and to send me the names, and you've only done that once...so send me the names and then I can update it easier instead of saying update it when there's no obvious new people saying they are coming

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
KFC and a chicken and chip shop are literally visible from the venue lol so like a 50 second walk from the venue...and we have two 20 minutes break during our tournament and part of the venue is a perfect little space for people to eat...

We will be strict on mess as well, as there should be bins

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Not even 50 seconds, must be less than that, there are also sweet shops in your face as you step out the building along with a kebab shop and in the other direction there's one of those budget chicken and chip shops and they don't close until 4am lol.

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Well IF you still need another laptop / set-up / capture card / whatever, I might be able to provide you with one.

HOWEVER, I'm not 100% confirmed in coming, so ^ is also not confirmed. If I did bring my laptop, however, it would require some major cooling system if it would be recording Brawl all day. (I usually use a home fan to keep mine cool, along with a ****ty laptop cooler.)

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Posted in the other one so I thought Id hit this to.

MM? Anyone?

Let me know I play with a troll character, so if your scared you may need to pop down to the doctors real quick to check if you have any balls.

Let me know

HYPE!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yes I think there are hotels in there area...but how long are you looking to stay as housing is being offered to people?

Closer to the date a list will be made for set people to stay at set location, so nearer the date ask about it and you will be told where you are staying :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Charles/Yeniths deleted one of the threads where a discussion was going on :(

Well either way the last post I made in there was about Bullet Bill trying to be a hype dissolver as per usual for crews....he's never encouraging the hype, always trying to find flaws in it until it's nothing but a boring scenario.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Are there any B&B's or hotels close to the venue?
yeah theres a hotel like a minute away from the venue if you are interested in staying there, otherwise I'm sure there are local smashers willing to house.

Look up Holiday Inn Croydon (google map it and you will literally see the venue is and inch apart from the hotel)

I doubt kman will go lmao

:king:
The lust ended Kman's smash career at Phantom Hits 2 lol :troll:

Jolteon

It's like a bus ride from his area if he still lives in the same area, so he might...I will remind him closer to the date, but on the facebook page he did click attending :bee:
Let's hope he doesn't pull an Edwin and flake a local tournament.

:king:

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
calling all UK fox mains!! im claiming to be the 2nd best fox main in the UK and I'll challenge any mofos who disagree to a MM!!!!! :p scotland gonna ****.

also Im gonna be in london on jan 9th, so would it be possible to get housing from then until the tournament on the 14th? any kind of help would be appreciated thanks :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
calling all UK fox mains!! im claiming to be the 2nd best fox main in the UK and I'll challenge any mofos who disagree to a MM!!!!! :p scotland gonna ****.

also Im gonna be in london on jan 9th, so would it be possible to get housing from then until the tournament on the 14th? any kind of help would be appreciated thanks :)
I'm not even sure I main anyone anymore but i'm gonna have to take you up on that son.

Also I wouldn't be able to do fully from the 9th but I may be able to to house for like 2 nights but ill get back to ya on that...

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even sure I main anyone anymore but i'm gonna have to take you up on that son.

Also I wouldn't be able to do fully from the 9th but I may be able to to house for like 2 nights but ill get back to ya on that...
alright man 3 pound MM lets go!! XD And 2 nights of housing would be great thanks doood :)

also if anyone not a fox main wants to MM i'll still be up for it :).

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
gmjack - pfff u haven't seen the new **** that we've been brewing up in the scottish smash labs mate, and last time i played LJ in tourney i stomped on him pretty bad (no offense LJ, ur fox is still legit man). Also stop *****footing around and put ur money where ur mouth is. 3 pound MM!!!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

I'll mm £2

my Fox is pretty legit :cool:

Jolteon

List of poof KO victims:

Fuzzyness
Wiggum
Professor Pro
Vanity Angel

More to be added soon.

alright man 3 pound MM lets go!! XD And 2 nights of housing would be great thanks doood :)

also if anyone not a fox main wants to MM i'll still be up for it :).
How much are you willing to wager?

Top Bottom