• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

rustediron

Smash Lord
:O REALLY...that would be good really good man.

I was speaking to Dujuan yesterday and I said to him (this is no lie) 'I bet Hugo has a laptop, I don't know why I feel like he does but he just' LOL and then I come online and see this

And yeah there is enough space to leave it in some space in the venue, not too sure if there is a storage room to put it or something or if you would prefer it in a convenient spot in the venue but it should be fine.

You will be added to the list under Bishkin's Ezcap and I will find out what program is needed :)
loooool

yeah like I don't really mind where it's left (surely not even people in croydon go round stealing suitcases LOL), was just worried if it's a bit of tight squeeze (like Global Gaming) it might get in the way. Though I guess it could just fit underneath one of the smash setups

but yeah, just tell me what software I need and I'll download it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i can bring my laptop since i wont be bringing a wii setup, however i dont have any stream equipment or recording equipment.
Thanks a lot man :)

Will this be for the Brawl Side or the Melee Side since I know you're a brawl player...
Brawl is running low on commentary setups....in fact it's running at ZERO so I would suggest that you're one goes towards the Brawlers :)

I should be able to do the same. What sort of specs do you need to record?
Thanks a lot man, and I think it also depends on the recording equipment which will go along with your Laptop...im still working out who's recording equipment is going to go with who's Laptop and get people to download the program relevant...BTW is your laptop XP or Windows 7 since apparently that makes a difference

loooool

yeah like I don't really mind where it's left (surely not even people in croydon go round stealing suitcases LOL), was just worried if it's a bit of tight squeeze (like Global Gaming) it might get in the way. Though I guess it could just fit underneath one of the smash setups

but yeah, just tell me what software I need and I'll download it
The venue is probably twice the size of the London Monthlies venue, so placing it anywhere should be perfectly fine lol :)

I spoke to Bishkin who said he is definitely coming and since your computer will be using his device, he said that all you need is VirtualDub V.116...not too sure if the version is that important but just though I should say

AND also are you ok with setting up and stream and all that stuff?

ANDDDDD if we are officially doing a stream then I think we should set it up on smashboards since there is a new feature which I remember seeing which advertises in advance (I think) the LiveStreams which will be on

rustediron

Smash Lord
I only know how to set up streams using VLC (I think they're viewable in any media player, as long as the right codecs are installed, but I'm not sure)

I think most people use Justin.tv or Ustream though, but I think they cost money

I'll download the latest versions of VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod that I can find

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well prof we usually do the comentary for matches on andy's laptop, but i dunno what the plan is XD

and yes, theres a feature on here that advertises livestreams

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Looks like Melee Recording Setups has stepped up a BUNCH as of now :)

1. Tamoo - Whole Setup
2. Bishkin = Ezcap / Hugo = Laptop - Whole Setup
3. Hoe4u = Capture Card / GM Jack = Laptop - Whole Setup
4. Professor Pro = Laptop (Capture Card Needed)
5. JJlinyard = Potential Laptop

Brawl
1. Hoe4u - Hacked Wii/Infinite Replay
2. Ixis - Hacked Wii/Infinite Replay
3. XIII - Hacked Wii/ Infinite Replay
4. C.R.Z = Laptop (Capture Card Needed)

Me and Alpha Dash still feel we would like 6 for both games so that is our target and we're not too far :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
most people have an infinite replay on their wii, i dont but yeah, mine doesnt like getting hacked :(

that being said, mine wont be coming with me as i will have come straight from america and i dont think ill have bag space to have it with me

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Who is going to the gaming con next weekend then? I think I'll be going but I'll probably only stay for the one day (singles).

Just incase people forgot about it with all of this OOC tournament talk

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Prof - I have a dazzle for your laptop with a webcam that has a perfect mic for commentary (auto-syncs and commentates straight over the dazzle).

:phone:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yep, im still going, the main problem with the discussion of that tournament is that it's not in this section which is where people go to speak the majority of the time, it should have been originally posted in here

Golden-Pysco - That is understandable, just happy to know your still making it after going to America :)
Hopefully whatever success we get from our tournament assist in your one as well

ALSO I spoke to Anaky and it turns out that his laptop screen got smashed, so he might not be able to bring it if he doesnt get it fixed in time...along with his Capture Card since he told me there's some problem with it which only works on his.

BUTTTT he will be uploading everything which gets saved on the Wii's and said that everyone who records it should transfer it to him via MSN.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, i hope so too, ill have to print off some fliers to shamelessly advertise it
and damn that sucks, i would bring my laptop...if i had one XD
but, i will have a camcorder with a bit of luck seeing as ill be doing video occasionally at apex and making a juicy little video about it. i can always add OoC onto the end, no?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof - I have a dazzle for your laptop with a webcam that has a perfect mic for commentary (auto-syncs and commentates straight over the dazzle).

Sick :)

What program would you suggest using, it's my friends Laptop and im pretty sure they haven't got any recording equipment programs on there yet...

Feeling really good about the tournament recording equipment wise now :)

Soon a Setup list for Wii's and Gamecubes will be made.

Yeah, i hope so too, ill have to print off some fliers to shamelessly advertise it
and damn that sucks, i would bring my laptop...if i had one XD
but, i will have a camcorder with a bit of luck seeing as ill be doing video occasionally at apex and making a juicy little video about it. i can always add OoC onto the end, no?
LOL No shame in wanting your tournament to be sucessful, im actually happy to know that you will be doing this at our tournament.

And the Camcorder is fine, record as much as you want for dat hype!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, of course i need to get a camcorder first
but before that, i need the rest of the brawlers to sort their travel out so we can book a friggin hotel, i hate being the onyl brawler who's organised XD

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but I may bring my Wii (w/ infinite replays, etc) with me to the venue if you're still in need of one. Put that down as a maybe, though, as I haven't actually decided yet. :p

Also, on the "interested" list, please can you change my name to "Flame"? I hate being referred to as Flamekid these days, but it's the only name I can seem to get when signing up to tournaments/sites. ^^

And on the streaming note, I do have a laptop & Easycap capture card, however my laptop has a high tendency to over-heat (even with a laptop cooler & industrial fan next to it) so... yeah. That's also on the maybe list, though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh hai flame, i didnt know you had a smashboards account!
wii's are always appreciated at this thing, seeing as so many brawlers these days are unwilling to help >.>

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Prof - Windows XP is always the best for recording, if you're using Vista its long because you have to download like pinaccle studio or something :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When I get my friends Laptop I will be able to confirm whether or not it is XP cos I literally have no idea :ohwell:

Still need two more setups for Melee & Brawl though, then this tournament will be ON POINT!!!

Double size of London Monthlies venue, 20 TV's, Stream (hopefully), 6 Recording Setups which start from pools...this tournament will be hype.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Would it not be possible to run xp virtually within vista/7 to run the programs required, or is it a more fundamental problem then that?
You need windows premium or professional to do that I swear (well that is the case for windows 7 users). And this is what I am waiting to see if I can afford atm.

Everyone go get XP and make your life simple without buying them £100+ capture devices.

But yes if you have windows XP it is the easiest thing to record as all you need in movie maker and boom you're done.

rustediron

Smash Lord
It really does sound like you haven't tried looking hard enough for a solution LOL
like wtf? Windows Movie Maker?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
you can make capture cards work with windows 7/vista

/e Prof it's great that we're getting a lot of recording set-ups, it would also be very nice if people tested out their recording set-ups beforehand. It would really suck if we turned up and the set-ups were reduced to half because they weren't set-up properly beforehand.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you can make capture cards work with windows 7/vista

/e Prof it's great that we're getting a lot of recording set-ups, it would also be very nice if people tested out their recording set-ups beforehand. It would really suck if we turned up and the set-ups were reduced to half because they weren't set-up properly beforehand.
I agree, but because some people live in different locations.

Hoe4u - GM Jack
Bishkin - Hugo

And any other potential ones like that it's hard to do it prior to the tournament, I will try to get my friend's Laptop and set it up with Unreal's Laptop before the tournament though.

But we will be setting it up every recording piece of equipment before Sign Ups during the actual event of course.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo Prof im not 100% sure I can come to this yet, im hoping Calz will come but im gonna have to let you know at a later time.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hahahha, i think it'l probably depend on whos going from the Brawl community, like G.P, Cloud, Cong, Miller etc.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well andy i'm 100% there. and so is miller because im crashing with him in between apex and OoC, so thats two gods already going

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hahahha, i think it'l probably depend on whos going from the Brawl community, like G.P, Cloud, Cong, Miller etc.
Don't be gay Andy lol

And all those people who you have just mentioned have said they are coming anyway...if you don't go someonelse will just be winning that money from Singles and Doubles.

And how can you miss the 1 UK event where Brawl is actually expected to have a bigger turnout then Melee...major fail...or as you would say, Major K.Macing

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I agree, but because some people live in different locations.

Hoe4u - GM Jack
Bishkin - Hugo

And any other potential ones like that it's hard to do it prior to the tournament, I will try to get my friend's Laptop and set it up with Unreal's Laptop before the tournament though.

But we will be setting it up every recording piece of equipment before Sign Ups during the actual event of course.
fair enough, I hope this doesn't happen though lol. :( (btw it'd be "kmac fail" not "major k.macing" :p)

also more people need to use shield DI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53t9fDzdCyw

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fine not guranteed but 95% coming, THAT IS ALL.
That's is ok then, still upset that there is a 5 percent missing since but this will have to do...and try and get that recording equipment sorted out before the tournament so we can have more setups...

And convince that Calzorz to not be a waste as well

Top Bottom