• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus6662008

Smash Rookie
From what I saw and experienced, I would say your shiek was better too, although I only saw like 1 match of ur shiek and about 4 of ur marth. And yeah, sometimes, new characters just suit your playstyle much better. Ive pretty much been using jiggs since starting melee properly in november, and in the two days before this ranbat, I was ill so stayed at home practicing fox and its almost caught up to my jiggs lol.

and it was hugo who told me u would go marth against me lol
Mayhap. I love her dickish needles :). Well, I knew you were a jiggs player, so I picked my sheik cause im better against floaty characters with her :). Ur Fox would have killed me probly lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
loool Don't get too happy cos when you saw my fox that day I asked you if you still wanted to do that MM which requested on smashboards and you were in fear and you said no lol.

But yeah I understand, if someone beats me (friendly or not) they usually get happy cos it is quite an achievement to beat PROFESSOR PRO whether he is sandbagging or not.
Make sure you put that on your CV.
my greatest achievement for my cv:

I beat professor pro in a 2p money match. :D

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
okay, in the last ranbat, some people requested for some recording devices so ive been doing some research on cheaper ways to record matches.

which lead me to this,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EASYCAP-DC60-...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

NOTE: that the EASYCAP has to be the DC60+ version
because the DC60 (which is cheaper) does not support PAL 60.

On ebay the cheapest ones cost around 14 -15 pounds which saves quite alot compared to buying Dazzles or DVD recorders.

I think we should be able to record quite a few setups providing we have enough Laptops.
To record, just plug the usb part into the laptop/ desktop and connect av cables from console or you can use splitters and stuff.
you can use Movie Maker in Windows (instead of the program given)

The only concern i have is the memory size it'l take up when its being recorded.
- i read somewhere that DVD quality in AVI format could take up to 1GB for a minute of recording, but im sure we can find a way to change the recording resolution or something to make the sizes smaller.

We could probably all chip in some money or something to get some of these.
This is just an idea because smashers wanted some games recorded.
and im not 100% certain that it would work but it looks promising though.
So is anyone interested?

Thanks for reading anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EasyCAP-USB-2...hash=item320365760723&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177 - The cheapest one i could find.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I bought a capture card for £20 on Ebay a while ago and it was ****. Be careful with cheaper alternatives or you could end up with something thats useless. Thats why I'm buying a Dazzle now, its expensive but at least I know its a safe bet.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I bought a capture card for £20 on Ebay a while ago and it was ****. Be careful with cheaper alternatives or you could end up with something thats useless. Thats why I'm buying a Dazzle now, its expensive but at least I know its a safe bet.
which one did you buy?
and what was wrong with it?

auroreon

Smash Ace
which one did you buy?
and what was wrong with it?
I don't remember what make it was, but it wouldn't record smash properly. The video was really laggy and choppy... completely unwatchable. The sound was out of sync and while recording it took up a rediculess amount of system resources on my PC causing it to freeze up.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
turnout was 40+ :dizzy:. Thats a London ranbat and the turnout was bigger than phantom hits :dizzy: way bigger (flaking northerners).

Anyway congrats to Kman for getting 4th was it? And nice job beating Pro in a fox ditto. You prob ought to go easy on him next time

Melee results anyone? Couldn't find em anywhere

Tamoo

Smash Master
1) Fuzzyness (Marth/Fox/Falco/Cpt. Falcon/jiggs/sheik...lol basically everyone :/)
2) Professor Pro (Fox)
3) Frostbyte (Marth/Falco)
4) Kman (Peach/Marth)
5) Chrisboi (Marth)
5) Last Dragon (Cpt. Falcon)
7) Tamoo (Jiggs)
7) Cheez (Fox)
top 8 are here, not sure bout those under me though, maybe someone has the rest of the bracket?

And yeah, the turnout was rediculous, heard it was like 55 or sumthing

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Right it's been around 5 months since i even considered playing Melee, and that day was the first time i'd played in around 3 months, and Deathgazer was beating me around 75% of the time. When I last played before that, I was winning around 80% of our matches, though even then I was nowhere near as good as I used to be before my mates went off to Uni..

Though i've decided, my exams end 18th June and I'm gonna get back into Smash, just to see how I compare to y'all. I'm pretty excited actually, i know i won't be as good as I once was and it's gonna take a while to learn to how to waveshine again (I use X to jump not Y, much harder), but it'l be a laugh. Though I was wondering, are most of the people attending these tournies like proper great or are there some that are still 'on their way' and getting 3/4-stocked by the top players like P.Pro and fuzzy?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lol

Right it's been around 5 months since i even considered playing Melee, and that day was the first time i'd played in around 3 months, and Deathgazer was beating me around 75% of the time. When I last played before that, I was winning around 80% of our matches, though even then I was nowhere near as good as I used to be before my mates went off to Uni..

Though i've decided, my exams end 18th June and I'm gonna get back into Smash, just to see how I compare to y'all. I'm pretty excited actually, i know i won't be as good as I once was and it's gonna take a while to learn to how to waveshine again (I use X to jump not Y, much harder), but it'l be a laugh. Though I was wondering, are most of the people attending these tournies like proper great or are there some that are still 'on their way' and getting 3/4-stocked by the top players like P.Pro and fuzzy?
I like this Guy.

if your just getting into melee again I i dont see why you cant adjust to Y , its not hard

for me i played melee + Brawl but in the two games i use the X in melee and the Y in brawl

dont ask why lol

most are brawlers coming over - so yeah pretty much

haha! :laugh:

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
I use y just use 2 it I guess my DI is gettin so much better cnt wait till the nxt 1 exams finish on 18th June won't b playin smash over the nxt month coz of revision =[

As 4 capture cards get a dazzle but not the red 1 coz it's shi.t n most dazzle work best on xp although it is possible 2 get them workin fine on vista just takes tonnes of effort

Blazin!

Smash Apprentice
Uh, i can bring my dazzle again cause this time ima stay for the whole thing

auroreon

Smash Ace
the new dazzle's dont work with any other software >_> im serious
Why so serious?

I heard the new ones didn't work without pinnacle... any ideas what the last model that works with other stuff is? Is pinnacle really that bad? Whats the best alternative to Dazzle?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i believe 90 is the best one to get but you have to use amcap to get it working with pal 60. It's the most easy one to use apparently

80 DO NOT GET EVER

130...possibly but only if you use XP not vista otherwise i think it dosent work with other software

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
anywhoo...june 27th ok guys? im gonna book the venue

£3 venue fee, £1 pot each game

You need to signup before coming, please don't try do it on the day...and if you do I will be pissed off cause it might **** up pools

Yes im doing pools beforehand, but you cant play unless you give me the £1 for the pots and £3 venue fee on the day. Cause if you think you can enter without paying I'll cross you out and you can leave the venue IDC

ARE YOU GUYS OK WITH £1 POT? And changing the name to London Mini Tournament

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
anywhoo...june 27th ok guys? im gonna book the venue

£3 venue fee, £1 pot each game

You need to signup before coming, please don't try do it on the day...and if you do I will be pissed off cause it might **** up pools

Yes im doing pools beforehand, but you cant play unless you give me the £1 for the pots and £3 venue fee on the day. Cause if you think you can enter without paying I'll cross you out and you can leave the venue IDC

ARE YOU GUYS OK WITH £1 POT? And changing the name to London Mini Tournament

sounds like a good plan :]

auroreon

Smash Ace
Pot sounds much better, I can deffinatly make June 27th with Ixis.
Also bringing a Brawl setup again... possibly 2 this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom