• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
AS REQUESTED
THE .tio FILE FROM TODAY'S (27/06/09) RANBAT!!!

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/249380094/ranbat_27th_june_09.zip.html

London Super Smash Melee and Brawl Ranking Battles! Confirmed 25th April!

Want to find competition? Want to prove whos boss? Then this is the thread for you, London Ranking Battles start NOW!​

Index: Cant find what you want to find? use Ctrl+F and the code to find stuff

Location info and Times: [LRB1]
Tournament Rules: [LRB2]
Group Stages Format: [LRB3]
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]
Brawl Specific notes: [LRB6]
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]
Results: [LRB8]
Updates: [LRBX]

Location Info and Times [LRB1]

• Address:

TipTree Communial Hall

POST CODE : IG5 0SX

Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is

(go past Kelvedon Lodge, youll see Costcutters, take the first left then first left again..the roads are practically next to eachother so its like a 270º turn)

it should be like on the clayhall avenue

• Venue opens : 1:30pm
  • Signups Start: 2:30pm
  • Signups End: 3:00pm
  • RANBAT: 3:30pm - 8pm
  • Venue closes: 9-10pm most likely
  • Venue Fee - £3?
  • Tournament Fee? - £1?

Directions

Central Line (eastbound) get to Gants Hill (Hainault via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
    you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" its like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
    (its like 1 min from the stop)

You can also take the 128 bus from Barkingside on the opposite side of the road of subway on the high street (not towards gants hill)
Tournament Rules [LRB2]

The Tournament will be split into 2 stages. Group Stages then a Double Elimination Bracket, you will only get Ranbat points once you get into the Double Elimination so fight for it!
  • You are expected to bring your own controller, if your gamecube pad SOMEHOW breaks in the middle of your match and you dont have a spare, then you will forfeit the match. believe me this HAS happened so check your pad
  • If you aint there when its your turn, you will automatically forfeit the match. However we understand you MIGHT have a life, so we will give you 10 minutes but when you hold people up, no ones happy about it
  • You forfeit the match if you press the Start button, but what you should really do is turn the option off...
Group Stages [LRB3]

Group Stages (also known as Pools) will be the first stage, which are like qualifiers for the real tournament.
  • All the players will be divided into seperate groups.
  • Top 4 currently in the Leaderboard will be spread out to each group
  • Each player plays each other player ONCE (First to One).
  • The players with the top 2 highest wins in that group will progress or qualify for the Double Elimination Bracket (If there is a Tie, a Tiebreaker game will be played.
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]

Double elimination brackets are kinda like, normal tournament brackets you see in the tournament mode in the Smash game. However this certain type of bracket has advantages over the normal one. You get 2 lives and the results are more fair due to this
  • Players will be put into a Double elimination bracket
  • The players who win the most matches in their groups will be spread away from each other
  • Matches will be First to 2 (or Best out of 3)
  • Guys, even if you lose the first match, you can still get to the finals, just that if you get straight wins you get to the finals quicker.
  • I would normally have a pic to show what a Double Elimination bracket looks like, but im at school...(FAIL)
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]

Smash is very unique game so it has its own set of rules. Please dont whine about the rules especially if its about the SmashBall.
  • 'First Character Picking' will be done in a method called BLIND PICKING. You basically write your character on a piece of paper (or phone or something) and hide it till your opponent is done then REVEAL. Then pick the character that you wrote. This rule is in place to stop people from waiting for the opponent to pick just to counter.
  • First Stage is ALWAYS random. Then Advanced Slob Picking. The person who loses may choose to pick another stage (probably a counter or buffstage). If he chooses to do so, then the winner picks a character then the loser picks his character. This also means that Blind picking is for the first match only
  • Items are off, this includes Brawl, we dont tail EVO.
  • FOX ONL- OK No characters are banned whatsoever, this includes Meta Knight, but if you choose to pick Meta Knight...
  • Stage Banning Rule: You may choose to ban one stage at the very beginning of the match, if one of you do so, your opponent may also ban a stage. If none of you are bothered then dont do it. Also if you ban a Neutral Stage, DO NOT EDIT THE RANDOM STAGES. Instead if it comes up just Start+L+R+A
  • Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City
  • I might of forgotten something else, but check the Brawl and Melee Specific notes for any additional info.
Brawl Specific notes: [LRB6]

Stage Rulings

Random/Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Pokemon stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages: Can only be picked, not on the random select

Delfino
Halberd
Brinstar
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

All Random and Neutrals can also be picked, but Counterpick Final Destination is godtier. All stages not listed are BANNED
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]

Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Results: [LRB8]

Melee:

Brawl:

Updates: [LRBX]

LONDON

June 27th, £3 Venue Fee, £1 Pot, NO POINTS

-----------------------

The venue itself is huge, it can hold more than 60 people easily and possibly up to 100..it has heating, electricity, a kitchen, toilets, chairs, tables and a t.v provided.

RULES:
- Please watch the door incase strangers come in and cause trouble
- Be nice to everyone
- NO MESS, especially chewing gum
- NO SMOKING
- NO DRINKING
- Be formal and on time, no holding up matches
- Please can everyone work together as security to make sure no strangers or trouble makers walk in (the venue has been known to have dodgy people around)
- Only bring what is necessary (Pad, Console, Money for food etc) don't bring anything that can attract to affect you if stolen

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
okey dokey, i expect a lot to go

Sign up on neoempire but don't act like idiots on it, I'm keeping it clean so it don't put off new people/other communities

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool at my name in the controller bit. I actually find a perfectly ok controller in my house which should have been used along time ago so I dont need VA to buy me one anymore.
You should put TC location on this page, I will copy and paste it from the London thread for you baby x x x.

Directions

Tails Chao

74, Worthington Road
Surbiton
Surrey
KT6 7RX

Train Stations
Surbiton (This)
Tolworth (Not generally a good idea)
Kingston

Buses

Email
webmaster@chaomagic.com

Phone 07784000359

I like the sound of this going on though I must say. Looking to place 1st or second :) (in melee of course)

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Sorry ill be taking that place with my Blind pick mindgames haha :V

Ppro thinks (frozen will use IC's...so ill write down peach)
Frozen thinks (Ppro thinks im gonna use the only character i know how to play at a decent level, so ill use FOX!)

???

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry ill be taking that place with my Blind pick mindgames haha :V

Ppro thinks (frozen will use IC's...so ill write down peach)
Frozen thinks (Ppro thinks im gonna use the only character i know how to play at a decent level, so ill use FOX!)

???
loool but you would lose anyway if you did go fox. There is no way of getting out of it if your facing me, you are losing.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Changed the points system

Now if you get through Pools, you are GARUNTEED at least one point (ohlol). Once the first ranbat starts they wont be anymore changes so imma see if theres any errors right now

Also HELLO TOS YOU GUYS COMIN?

COEY

Smash Lord
Think points system was better before change. Basically as i think you're getting a little confused, you said 1st 2nd 3rd 4th. With single elim 8 man bracket you will get 1st 2nd two joint 3rd and 4 joint 5th.
Then you could quite fairly use your old point system. Something like;

1st - 4 points
2nd- 3 points
3rd- 2 points each
5th- 1 point each

Then this cannot be affected by a couple of large turnouts srewing up results and means you need to keep attending to stay highly ranked.

I'm only bringing this up as i'm sure you want all ranbats to have the exact same rulesets. Let me know what you think.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Changed it to Double Elimination, it seems like not alot of people are comfortable with Single. Id reckon my way of pointing is better just in case something like this happens

16 man doubles bracket ohshi

then everyone gets points depending on where they are

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
woo i lost a £150 xleague tourney prize, cause online is **** and so is brawl >_> sorry to brawl lovers but dayum the people who play that online are *****

THAT WAS THE WORST TOURNAMENT I'VE EVER PLAYED AND 0% OF IT WAS FUN, NOT EVEN THE GAME. I did the ****test thing ever and played an online tourney for money which I'll never do again unless its a FPS or something. This also put me off brawl wi-fi, even if they "FIX" it, whats to fix FRAME DELAY is ****ing ****

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
how about before the first ranking battle we all chip in and get a capture card?

Sorry to post in both threads but its prob more relevant here

VA

Smash Hero
lol, cross posted.

and yes again I'll pay for it next time I see you guys. How much do they cost and how much would we be required to pay each?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
how about before the first ranking battle we all chip in and get a capture card?

Sorry to post in both threads but its prob more relevant here
lol Yeah I dont mind chipping in once against. Its just how much do I have to chip in because I have £400 which is about to disappear on clothes for new year of college lol.

lol, cross posted.

and yes again I'll pay for it next time I see you guys. How much do they cost and how much would we be required to pay each?
Thats what I wanna know lover.

Edit: Oh yeah I havent got an activation e-mail from NE yet so I cant be part of there community :( sorry.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
we all chip in like £3/4 each if there's like 8-10 of us, i promise i'd upload vids too but they'd have to be good matches. I'm not sure about whos gonna keep it, not saying me either but i'll try make sure it's portable. I'll look around for something at the computer fair at stratford next sunday

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
we all chip in like £3/4 each if there's like 8-10 of us, i promise i'd upload vids too but they'd have to be good matches. I'm not sure about whos gonna keep it, not saying me either but i'll try make sure it's portable. I'll look around for something at the computer fair at stratford next sunday
We might iswell give it to TC to hold on to it as its kinda be a Londons capture card as he is hosting the smahsfests and ranbats.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted to go to a Smash Tourney but never have. Sign me up! ^^

Should be interesting to see how I compare to the rest of you guys.

Also, can you participate in both Melee and Brawl?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Haha, sounds fun, count me in! B+M, see how good I am in the wider arena xD
Good to hear, hope you can make it, where abouts in London you from. Im from SE London in Thorton Heath. It will be good to get new people ranked in this. Do you have msn?

I've always wanted to go to a Smash Tourney but never have. Sign me up! ^^

Should be interesting to see how I compare to the rest of you guys.

Also, can you participate in both Melee and Brawl?
It will also be good to play against you and good to hear that you play both games. Where about in London you from iswell and do you have msn iswell?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, I do have MSN, want me to pm it to you? I live in Bromley, so fairly close-ish :D
Yeah I dont mind, or you can say it in here, either way. You dont live that far from me lol. I only live in thorton heath so I could play you sometime in melee or brawl.

Im in for brawl only, as im too **** at melee for it to be worth me entering lol
Are you coming to this anyway though?

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I so want to go for brawl, but I live a bit too far, maybe when I'm near the area some other time I'll go along to one. (I love Melee too Pro, I'm just crap)

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Whereabouts do you live in the UK? And do you have MSN? I could help you get down there.
Little Town near Brighton, It's not too southern for me to to be able to get there, it's just I couldn't do it regularly, which sucks.

EDIT: wow, looking on Google maps, the distance between my town and that address Is barely 30 miles.
If that's true and I haven't made a mistake that would be OK distance.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Little Town near Brighton, It's not too southern for me to to be able to get there, it's just I couldn't do it regularly, which sucks.
Arghhh too bad. Well you should try to make it at least once for an experience and these ranbats are only being held once a month and there are smashfest so it doesnt have to be a regular thing but I suggest you should make it to the more important events like the ranbats instead of smashfest since more people will be there and its for ranking :)

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Arghhh too bad. Well you should try to make it at least once for an experience and these ranbats are only being held once a month and there are smashfest so it doesnt have to be a regular thing but I suggest you should make it to the more important events like the ranbats instead of smashfest since more people will be there and its for ranking :)
Yeah well, Ive just noticed that it's less than 60 miles to get there. Ill probably not make this month, but if I could get the public transport soughted, I could easily come down with my mate, who'd love to come. Do you have to come every month to be held in the rankings? Just wondering if we miss the first one.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah well, Ive just noticed that it's less than 60 miles to get there. Ill probably not make this month, but if I could get the public transport soughted, I could easily come down with my mate, who'd love to come. Do you have to come every month to be held in the rankings? Just wondering if we miss the first one.
Yeah you can come whenever you want but people points will start to get ahead of yours is all. And when you get ranked and you miss a Ranbat I THINK your points get reduced a bit on the ranking.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you can come whenever you want but people points will start to get ahead of yours is all. And when you get ranked and you miss a Ranbat I THINK your points get reduced a bit on the ranking.
aaaah lol thats not good, well we will try to make it to the 6th, don't sign us up yet, if we can find a way on tube or bus we'll definitely come. Thanks pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom