• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Ranbats are designed for small turnouts. You gotta either divide london up into sections to continue the ranbats, or abandon them for the time being and embrace the active tournament season.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
You risk people (or more accurately new people) losing interest due to there being nothing happening whilst we wait for neoempire though. I suppose there isn't much option otherwise though tbh, its ****ing bare effort.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
They would have to be invite only smashfests to prevent 40 people turning up to your door, or post the wrong adress on the boards ftw and only a select few know the truth. That would be banterous.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ohhhhhhhh right haha for the banter? what exactly are you referring to why did you bring this up exactly? what are you doing at the moment and what will you be doing in the near future. What will you be having in the near future also and why please? Also what did you have for dinner and what came as an accompaniment?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ohhhhhhhh right haha for the banter? what exactly are you referring to why did you bring this up exactly? what are you doing at the moment and what will you be doing in the near future. What will you be having in the near future also and why please? Also what did you have for dinner and what came as an accompaniment?
Well mainly I did the banter for the banter and then I was having the banter atm only to realize I was having the banter for the near banter future if this makes sense. I had a did which was really tasty though but they made it like that for the banter so I was happy and I was with people who had banter so my day ended happily.

I have to include something in this post which relates to the topic before Fuzzy tries to ban me lol.

Seriously though when is the next ranbat happening and isit likely to happy, I am a bit confused atm with whats going on TBH.

Kone

Smash Master
I think you need regular ranbats to be honest. Just have them less frequently and exactly halfway between posted tournaments e.g Global is jan and edster apirl. Have one early march or something. That way its not too much effort to often AND gives the london scene something to look forward to and practice for. Removing them is a step backwards imo. London is lucky to have such a healthy scene, dont remove it the competitive side of it!

If its hard to organise for one person, ie charles, then just pick 2-4 people to take turns in organising the ranbats. Its likely if you run them half way between normal national tourneys (normally 4 a year) then your only looking at four ranbats a year which is alot more manageable especially between 2-4 pppl sharing running responsibilites.

Having ranbats midpoint tourneys keeps the london lot focused on making the next big tourney?

Also, price wise £100 between 30-50 of you isnt a big deal. With just 30 people thats just £3 each :/

Lastly, I dont think ranbats should be for less people. Thats what smashfests are. Ranbats should be for as many people as possible that live in a region that cant play regularly ie at smashfests. Thus, your playing a diverse crowd and your local competition in a real tourney setting.

TVs is more of a struggle but im sure u can figure a way round that ? ie venue with tvs, get 5 or so peeps to bring one each etc

Lastly, invite only is ****e. What happens is only the best get invited. Leaving all potential new players struggling to catch up e.g. Scotland for the last 3 years (Z is sorting it out tho ^_^)

ed

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
London is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ghetto anyways, I'm sure there are a hell of a loada venues MUCH less than £100!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Frostbolt no longer wants to work in helping the smash scene further therefore I will try my best.

At the moment the ranking battle is confirmed, I believe we're going to try have bigger gaps between ranking battles because we have much more tournaments coming up next year.. One at the end of January (Global Gaming Tournament 2) and one in April (I think the German European tournament). Therefore I am looking to host the next one in March..

I was thinking of scrapping ranking battles originally but I believe this is the best way to bring the whole London community together and keep luring in interest from new players. Without it people wouldn't have a day where they can rise and shine, learn to get better and of course the enjoyment.

At the moment I only know of 1 venue which i can get for £108 but only provides 1 T.V which clearly isn't enough..I can bring like 2/3 T.V's from my house 4 mins away but it's still a nightmare T.V wise because I believe we'd need more considering we have 30-50 players when there is a great attendance. Allowing casual games and tournament games to be played. This was the same venue used for SmashGT

Please can you help me look for a venue which may possibly provide t.vs and isn't too expensive, a venue in London should normally cost around £80-150max.
Otherwise I could book the venue I know of already and if there is someone able to help with more T.V's that would be awesome.

Smash Scene Baby!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Well mainly I did the banter for the banter and then I was having the banter atm only to realize I was having the banter for the near banter future if this makes sense. I had a did which was really tasty though but they made it like that for the banter so I was happy and I was with people who had banter so my day ended happily.
Hahahahahahahahaha Im glad! Sounds like you had loads of banter Mr Aaron:confused:

Charles host something in February when the great Zeppo is in London town!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!:chuckle:

OwnA what fighters do you play?! Good to see you back on the boards spreading the banter anyway, do you guys still play?!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hahahahahahahahaha Im glad! Sounds like you had loads of banter Mr Aaron:confused:

Charles host something in February when the great Zeppo is in London town!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!:chuckle:

OwnA what fighters do you play?! Good to see you back on the boards spreading the banter anyway, do you guys still play?!
Just incase Owna doesn't answer for a while- yeah they still do :chuckle:. In fact at Rebirth the whole of R&F were present!! A rare sight indeed

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
i dont know what the hell's been goin' onbut all da noobs such as pops, pms, kyuubi, and who eva else fuzz, frozen or prof is biggin' up is not dat great. Ask pops, he knows all abt us, we will be at da nxt ranbat, just say wen nd where.

Shock

rustediron

Smash Lord
i dont know what the hell's been goin' onbut all da noobs such as pops, pms, kyuubi, and who eva else fuzz, frozen or prof is biggin' up is not dat great. Ask pops, he knows all abt us, we will be at da nxt ranbat, just say wen nd where.

Shock
Haha, awesome, I remember getting ***** by your CF xD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Frostbolt no longer wants to work in helping the smash scene further therefore I will try my best.

At the moment the ranking battle is confirmed, I believe we're going to try have bigger gaps between ranking battles because we have much more tournaments coming up next year.. One at the end of January (Global Gaming Tournament 2) and one in April (I think the German European tournament). Therefore I am looking to host the next one in March..

I was thinking of scrapping ranking battles originally but I believe this is the best way to bring the whole London community together and keep luring in interest from new players. Without it people wouldn't have a day where they can rise and shine, learn to get better and of course the enjoyment.

At the moment I only know of 1 venue which i can get for £108 but only provides 1 T.V which clearly isn't enough..I can bring like 2/3 T.V's from my house 4 mins away but it's still a nightmare T.V wise because I believe we'd need more considering we have 30-50 players when there is a great attendance. Allowing casual games and tournament games to be played. This was the same venue used for SmashGT

Please can you help me look for a venue which may possibly provide t.vs and isn't too expensive, a venue in London should normally cost around £80-150max.
Otherwise I could book the venue I know of already and if there is someone able to help with more T.V's that would be awesome.

Smash Scene Baby!
why didn't you take the TV aaron offered for free?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Shock
looool Yes I know that you two (as in Last Dragon and 4stock or now known as shock) are better then PMS, Kyuubi and Pops, but its your fault for not arriving at any events which is why you havent been hyped up.
Tbh all you should be focusing on is uploading the matches of me ****** you and doing the most pointless technical stuff but adding it into my gameplay and the ****/funny combos in with the commentary lol.
But seriously I know you lot are going to do good if you come to a ranbat, you would defintely beat Bullet Bill lol luv you bullet bill.

TC you still trying to play falco prick?

Jolteon

looool Yes I know that you two (as in Last Dragon and 4stock or now known as shock) are better then PMS, Kyuubi and Pops, but its your fault for not arriving at any events which is why you havent been hyped up.
Tbh all you should be focusing on is uploading the matches of me ****** you and doing the most pointless technical stuff but adding it into my gameplay and the ****/funny combos in with the commentary lol.
But seriously I know you lot are going to do good if you come to a ranbat, you would defintely beat Bullet Bill lol luv you bullet bill.

Quiet down little siemens, big daddys talking here.

Yes I am you dummy. Fuzzyness was teaching me some gay falco tricks but he was speaking too loud and woke up neutralshadow's dad.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Quiet down little siemens, big daddys talking here.

Yes I am you dummy. Fuzzyness was teaching me some gay falco tricks but he was speaking too loud and woke up neutralshadow's dad.
loool Fuzzy obviously gets a bit excited, when did this happen.
I looked at my fox only to realize that I am thinking of changing to marth, what do you think?

Last time I saw fuzzy he still didnt know how to shine and then waveland in one spot on a platform with falco lol. And then he said something about its only useful to do shine and then grab, and I was like know you can do shine and then a down air or shine uair since you cannot do shine grab when the opponent is on 70% unless you shine them and them quickly pull out their controller and then grab them and put it back in lol.

Jolteon

loool Fuzzy obviously gets a bit excited, when did this happen.
I looked at my fox only to realize that I am thinking of changing to marth, what do you think?

Last time I saw fuzzy he still didnt know how to shine and then waveland in one spot on a platform with falco lol. And then he said something about its only useful to do shine and then grab, and I was like know you can do shine and then a down air or shine uair since you cannot do shine grab when the opponent is on 70% unless you shine them and them quickly pull out their controller and then grab them and put it back in lol.
I think Brawl has affected you, as marth is not gay enough for you.

it happened like two days ago LOL, and the day before they were playing at like 2 am and he got a triple kill on halo and he just put down his controller and was like "YESSSSS!!!!" and woke his dad up again.

haha what, I thought he could. even I can.

who doesnt pull out people's controllers? it sure gives a realistic effect on ssb64 hitstun.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

:cool: .

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Zeppidi-doo-dah! Long tym man how u bin!!! Yea as BBill said yea we're still here! Just a lot more quiet coz we dont get to come on the boards as much these days!

I play ALL the Fighters man! I love the games! My favourite are the Alpha series and the old skool ones like SfII Turbo and Super SFII! But i play vs snk, EX, SF III etc! Recently started playing King of Fighters aswel! Used to avoid it coz i thought it was just a rip off of SF (which it is!:laugh:) But its pretty good tho!

Do u play them aswell?

But yea we're still on the smash scene! Only melee tho!:laugh: Rage & Frustration aint going anywhere dude! Looking forward to playing you guys soon tho! Last tourney i was able to go to was one in Yeovil TIME ago! lol! Glad things are getting popping again tho!

:yoshi:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was defo wondering where you went lol. Brought a tear to my eye when I thought you werent coming back to the community:(. Hope to see that sexy link at the next event lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom