• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJfox

Smash Cadet
Sup, this the "that Jiggs main" guy. Yeah my thumb has tirggered and some ****ty nerve has got a nodule or something on it, so Falco is out of the question. As long as i take a painkiller before i play (dedicated i know) I can still play as some of the other characters. So i've decided to stick with Jiggs and Ganon, which i am training now for gay little marth. Wish me luck for a early thumb transplant...lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Sup, this the "that Jiggs main" guy. Yeah my thumb has tirggered and some ****ty nerve has got a nodule or something on it, so Falco is out of the question. As long as i take a painkiller before i play (dedicated i know) I can still play as some of the other characters. So i've decided to stick with Jiggs and Ganon, which i am training now for gay little marth. Wish me luck for a early thumb transplant...lol
wow lol. I thought jjinyard was joking or something but it sucks how you've screwed your thumb somehow.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Just had a check and there and back would be £16-17. I'm paying more than that and I booked it like 2 weeks ago :( In fairness though I'm taking the train, my flatmates also flat out told me that we are all gonna get absolutely wrecked the night before so I'm no gonna be in good shape from the sounds of it.

Good news though my friends mum donated £200 for alchohol so lots of free booze ^^

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
That sucks. :/

Couldn't you use claw with falco though? As long as using your thumb for the c-stick isn't painful anyway.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
If you meet up at Victoria coach station with us (i.e. Fuzzy and co.), I'm sure you could buy tickets there.
sooo im guessing that close to victoria station, wat time you lot getting there???

Just had a check and there and back would be £16-17. I'm paying more than that and I booked it like 2 weeks ago :( In fairness though I'm taking the train, my flatmates also flat out told me that we are all gonna get absolutely wrecked the night before so I'm no gonna be in good shape from the sounds of it.

Good news though my friends mum donated £200 for alchohol so lots of free booze ^^
cool so you can get tickets there??? cos £16-17 i reckon peeps wnt mind dat lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
According to Fuzzy, one person has dropped out of our 10 man lot so theres one spot left on the coach.

Im sure if u ask nicely u can come, but dont know bout more than one

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
hm, well i was thinking of scrapping ranking battles and making just a big smash session every like 2 months. 2 melee and 1 brawl is enough for that, we might be able to expand but its a start.

I dont wanna dish out £108 for venue (even if i get it back) just for raking battles with 5/6 t.v's, unless im working to host a huge tournament at that venue

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hm, well i was thinking of scrapping ranking battles and making just a big smash session every like 2 months. 2 melee and 1 brawl is enough for that, we might be able to expand but its a start.

I dont wanna dish out £108 for venue (even if i get it back) just for raking battles with 5/6 t.v's, unless im working to host a huge tournament at that venue
good idea tbh. Nothings wrong with good old fashioned smashfests, plus a good venue might be found in the meantime

Aiko

Smash Champion
i think ranbats once a month are perfectly fine. every 2 weeks is too soon. Ideally i would like to play every week but i have other things to do which stop this :(

anyway, i dont think having them every 2 months is such a good idea, its not frequent enough. We need to keep peoples interest with events.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I think the ranbats sound like a good idea and all but if they're not possible, or extremely difficult I guess theres not much that can be done. I'd still like to come up and play with you guys though even if your only having smashfests.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I might be able to persuade my mum later but she's not too keen on the idea atm ~_~

I think she's worried everyone will ruin her furniture lool.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why dont we host both at an event so we dont have to completely seperate the community lol. Plus some people from the community might like to play both at events and some people might want to learn how to play one of the games when the people who play it alot are around. Plus every 2 months is WAYYY to long IMO!

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
2 months is way 2 long n I wld gladly give up a fiver 4 a ranbat plus I reckon if ppl knew exact dates a month in advance there wld b a definet turn out coz ppl can plan in advance and set a day aside

Also I think we shld do both together coz it wld create a huge split in the community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom