• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LI challanges Upstate

Codi

Smash Ace
So I've been talking to a few friends of mine on Long Island and we've come to the conclusion that we could easily kick upstate New Yorks *** any day in Melee. So i propose that Long Island and Upstate get there top 10 players and we either battle it out at ROM3 or pick a tournament that's in between the both of us and vs there?

Now when i mean upstate i mean the players either named in this thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255695
or live in that area (going to school in that area doesn't count)

If you guys are interested post on here or give me a pm. I was thinking every person pays 10$ to enter winner takes the pot? That's just an idea if no one is interested in paying it can just be a free crew battle no big deal.

Long Island Team
1. Codi
2. Lefty
3. Animal
4. Prog
5. Honeybadger (animal said possibily)
6. Smashjin
7. g$? (prog said possibily)
8. Just Sexed

Codi

Smash Ace
November 20th - First Challange
LI leads the whole battle. WNY comes back and almost 4 stocks LI's last player.
LI Stocks Left -0
WNY - 1
Winner: WNY

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
TFS fighting each other Prog$$$$$$$$$$$$$?????????????? Not sure if I can stomach it. Let's ditch this and get smokehouse.

That's a pretty good lineup though, especially if you toss G into that mix. I'm rooting for Upstate though :D

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I'd get In Contact with jesiahteg however I don't think there will be 10 memers of upstate going down there. And I doubt they be willing to put money up but I do think they would love to do the maych or whatever ur planning Perhaps lower the money than mayb they'd be interested? And friendly crews never hurt either why's there gotta be money involved!

otg

Smash Master
Wait... are you serious? LOL. Do you consider TFS part of upstate? Cause if thats the case then you guys are probably screwed.

1.) me
2.) niko
3.) tuna
4.) Jesiah
5.) Pc Chris
6.) Hazz
7.) PC JONA
8.) Nintendude

Then after that there could be a number of players in Westchester that are good but are really inactive, and I'm sure some of the NYS people aren't terrible, tho Yaneev and Jesiah are clearly my favorites.

Wat say you gentlemen?

Niko45

Smash Master
lol westchester is not upstate NY.

In any case its a good thing you're not challenging upstate to a spelling contest. You'd get *****.

Codi

Smash Ace
I'd get In Contact with jesiahteg however I don't think there will be 10 memers of upstate going down there. And I doubt they be willing to put money up but I do think they would love to do the maych or whatever ur planning Perhaps lower the money than mayb they'd be interested? And friendly crews never hurt either why's there gotta be money involved!
Ya I was planning on doing that in a little bit I'm actually writing a research paper right now..

:yoshi: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

What a travesty.

-dead-

OLOLOLOLOL
how is it a travesty?

Wait... are you serious? LOL. Do you consider TFS part of upstate? Cause if thats the case then you guys are probably screwed.

1.) me
2.) niko
3.) tuna
4.) Jesiah
5.) Pc Chris
6.) Hazz
7.) PC JONA
8.) Nintendude

Then after that there could be a number of players in Westchester that are good but are really inactive, and I'm sure some of the NYS people aren't terrible, tho Yaneev and Jesiah are clearly my favorites.

Wat say you gentlemen?
I mean i wouldn't mind ****** that whole list in crews except pc chris he'd **** me but..i was talking mostly Rochester and places around there, for me upstate is like far north upstate not just outside the city

lol westchester is not upstate NY.

In any case its a good thing you're not challenging upstate to a spelling contest. You'd get *****.
i guess my spelling is bad? idk fixed what ever i saw could be wrong with it lmao if you want to correct it for me go crazy

I could see this happening at an albany tourney if rochester isn't too lazy to get there
Ya i should have posted this earlier so we could do this at ROM3 but if they get in contact with me after it we can always make plans else where.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Now when i mean upstate i mean the players either named in this thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255695
or live in that area (going to school in that area doesn't count)
To say that is like... no no, don't bring the players we can't beat. Bring the players we can beat. Forget it, I'll just tell you who you're allowed to bring. This is your crew.

To seclude going to school in that area isn't fair either, that's like telling someone, just because you live somewhere for 4 years, doesn't mean you live there? That doesn't make any sense. Same concept as "I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'..."

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah people that go to school in a region are basically a part of that region...I mean they are there 9 months out of the year after all

also that would mean we get nintendude =D

Shiri

Smash Chump
To say that is like... no no, don't bring the players we can't beat. Bring the players we can beat. Forget it, I'll just tell you who you're allowed to bring. This is your crew.

To seclude going to school in that area isn't fair either, that's like telling someone, just because you live somewhere for 4 years, doesn't mean you live there? That doesn't make any sense. Same concept as "I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'..."
:yoshi: GO HOME TIM LOOOOOOOOOOOL

<3 <3 <3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jesse neil vicious mana kwam tuna beta minh, that's what I can come with, at least for upstate

I can beat half the people on that list. Im terrible. Im a Brawl main. AND I main ganon, who is effectively a useless character.

if you really want to get a competitive crew battle, your better off going five people. cus theres not 10 people in the entirety of upstate that are honestly any good at melee.

we/they are bad.

Jesiah
PikaPika
Tuna
ManaLord
Nintendude

theres other decent players but if you want it to be competitive, thats a solid team

Foy

Smash Champion
Ill have jesse post in this thread when he wakes up. But a dream upstate team would include:

Jesiah
Pikapika
Vicious
Minh
Beta
TheManaLord (mudda****a should start practicing though :p)

From there its iffy, with at least 4 more people who are decent, Jesse would have to choose them but i see:

Goggles, if he wasnt such a *****
Tuna if he is down. :D
Possibly Me
and Trump card would be PC in a mask and call him "Yum Yum". Ya'll wouldnt see that **** coming.

BTW i know at least 5 people from our region going to rom and im down to play everyone on the list above in friendlies except that punk ***** Honeybadger. Ill mm that kid for ****s and giggles.

Foy

Smash Champion
Actually make it priority that i play you mofos cause this might be my last tournament for awhile.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
this semester is making me flunk and i've partied WAY too much. plus my mem card died i have to copy jeffs. but i will def be interested in ****ing people up again troy tourny i really wanna do

Sharky

Smash Master

I can beat half the people on that list. Im terrible. Im a Brawl main. AND I main ganon, who is effectively a useless character.

if you really want to get a competitive crew battle, your better off going five people. cus theres not 10 people in the entirety of upstate that are honestly any good at melee.

we/they are bad.

Jesiah
PikaPika
Tuna
ManaLord
Nintendude

theres other decent players but if you want it to be competitive, thats a solid team
I was just trying to come up with as many as I could, your list looks pretty legit though. I doubt nintendude would do anything however, I've talked with him and he's mad busy at cornell =(

Codi

Smash Ace

actually i wanted it to be that way ( if you go to school there then that's part of that region) but someone not going to say who >(scientology)< said that if they go to school in a region doesn't mean there apart of it. His examples were he went to school in new jersey, but he always fought for New york. Another example M2k lived in New jersey and now goes to Ohio? I don't know somewhere that's not new jersey but he still fights for east coast.

yeah people that go to school in a region are basically a part of that region...I mean they are there 9 months out of the year after all

also that would mean we get nintendude =D
well since OTG thinks he can take Long Island I might have to challange him and his crew as well =P

Ill have jesse post in this thread when he wakes up. But a dream upstate team would include:

Jesiah
Pikapika
Vicious
Minh
Beta
TheManaLord (mudda****a should start practicing though :p)

From there its iffy, with at least 4 more people who are decent, Jesse would have to choose them but i see:

Goggles, if he wasnt such a *****
Tuna if he is down. :D
Possibly Me
and Trump card would be PC in a mask and call him "Yum Yum". Ya'll wouldnt see that **** coming.

BTW i know at least 5 people from our region going to rom and im down to play everyone on the list above in friendlies except that punk ***** Honeybadger. Ill mm that kid for ****s and giggles.
alright we could do 5 of LI's best vs 5 of Upstate I'm down for that!

Codi

Smash Ace
OTG get a team of 5 for your region
If Jesiah decides to post in here get a team of 5 as well

****s going down at ROM, no money down respect match

otg

Smash Master
I'm not personally going to ROM, tho I do know that TFS would sexually molest LI with it's eyes closed. I've beaten every person you have on that list 2-0 in tourney (except for G$) and I know Niko/Tuna/PC are all better then me, so please feel free to give us your $$.

We can make this happen at any tourney in the area. How about the next No Johns?

Also, whats the deal with this tourney in Troy? When is it and is there a link for the Tourney listing? I would consider going....

Sharky

Smash Master
^if that's the case then **** we could just send in jesse and tuna and **** their whole crew lmao

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah idk who most of these people are or where they're from or what's going on...

**** it, gimme tuna and i'm down for whatever

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait dude. find me at apex or i'll find you and we'll play haha, and i want to like have a weekend smashfest with u guys. u guys seem awesome
Be careful, Jesse. One weekend with us and you'll be mentally unstable/********/PC JONA????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edit: I'll be at ROM Jesse. Let's get some more games in nukka

Top Bottom