• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
he he, both of my sisters have somewhat of dislike for guys wearing pink. I think it had something to do with skin color in relation to the color pink.(esecially that powdery pink color lol)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I came out to one of my friends today after she awkwardly tried to ask.

I think the fact that I have not only my hair salon's phone number, but also my hair stylist's home phone number on my speeddial was the straw that broke the camel's back in this instance.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You should learn to cut your own hair. Barbers are somewhat ******** these days.

Sanu

Smash Champion
My boyfriend is qualified to cut hair but I always go to a stylist instead. I'm too scared of what he might do to me as a mean prank, haha.

But yeah... what Timbers said, lol.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
So I heard about someone's messenger bag the other page ago!! I wanna talk about those now mostly because that's kind of my highschool's equivalent of a rainbow flag for our fledgling LGBT community. I'm the only phrosh too!! But this one junior (bi methinks) has this TOTALLY AWESOME one with red kanji down the strap and some anime designs on the bag itself. Crazy colors too, which is weird because he always wears jeans and something gray... o_O

But I likes my eddie bauer one. It's anti-tear, travel proof, and got run over BY A FRICKING SUV and survived without a scratch. It's my bff. Except I have to upgrade when I get my macbook. I wants a gravitation this time around I guess.

And back on the subject of hair; I have one of my friend's sisters cut mine. She goes to beauty school because she wants a steady job while in college, and she's really good. She even managed to fix the awfulness that was my 2am bang trim last saturday (while buzzed from a cast party too!). If she can do that, than she is amazing to the tenth power.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
... home phone number? You crazy, mang! o_o
Dude, lol.
Hey, me too!

... Mainly because my mother is a hair stylist, though.
... what Timbers said, lol.

:mad: hey now everybody. Before you judge me too much, my hair stylist grew up with my mother and is, thusly, a family friend of sorts. We have an understanding that I will never get my hair cut somewhere else and she will always squeeze me in whenever I need an appointment. When I can't reach her at the office I have her home phone. We're that chill and it's that simple. She's actually amazingly fun... if a tad crass. Don't take her out if you're gonna put a few drinks in her, she'll probably incite something.

You should learn to cut your own hair. Barbers are somewhat ******** these days.
well that's why I don't go to a barber you silly boy. I go to a hair stylist. Barbers are old dudes who decided to set up shop and start cutting hair. Stylists actually have some form of training/schooling. At least mine does.

So I heard about someone's messenger bag the other page ago!! I wanna talk about those now mostly because that's kind of my highschool's equivalent of a rainbow flag for our fledgling LGBT community.

yeah... that looks pretty telling to me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

OMG i want that bag!!!!!

on the hair subject i've changed barbers consistently. currently one of my aunts cuts my hair and that works out fine. i also hate when my mom pesters me when it gets "too long" to her, cause when she cuts it im like:

:mad::mad:"MY HAIR IS NOT LIKE THE BUSHES OUTSIDE YOU CAN'T JUST HACK IT APART!!!!":mad::mad:

so noa i have to be a bit meanier to her to get her to stop pestering me about her trying to cut it cause frankly she sucks at it.

The.End

Smash Cadet
O.O Well i don't have a hairstylist or anything, I just get my brother to cut my hair xD Although in the recent times, I haven't gotten one, since i haven't seen him in a while, so my hair is getting long, but i like where it's going =D
I was reading a post earlier that Desu wrote about clothing- and I just looked at myself and laughed, since i wear most of the same style... Just some Jeans and a solid color shirt, when it's cold a solid color hoodie. Haha.

Timbers

check me out
last time i got my haircut i was talking to the barbers about their plan to go on strike against Supercuts. Why would I miss out on that.
:mad: hey now everybody. Before you judge me too much, my hair stylist grew up with my mother and is, thusly, a family friend of sorts. We have an understanding that I will never get my hair cut somewhere else and she will always squeeze me in whenever I need an appointment. When I can't reach her at the office I have her home phone. We're that chill and it's that simple. She's actually amazingly fun... if a tad crass. Don't take her out if you're gonna put a few drinks in her, she'll probably incite something..
yeah, but...SPEEDdial?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
-snip-

That's the bag I have.
It's actually not as telling as you might think.
Only people somewhat familiar with anime/manga would be able put two and two together.
I haven't had too many people actually recognize it in the past.
My friend Jason is the only one that went and outright said:
"Hey, that's a Gravitation bag! Isn't that a Yaoi anime?"
To which I responded:
"Yup."

Then he remarked at how he was cultured and we shared a laugh.

/tangent

Edit:
I forgot that AngryLobster also recognized my bag, but I didn't realize it until I saw him in the LGBT thread on SRK, when he brought it up.
(We both went to the FAST1 tournament in Florida and were staying at the same house, but we never actually spoke to one another. XD)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
it could be a hair emergency lol maybe thats the reason for speed dial. and i really want that bag, but then i'd be more obvious, and im not ready for that yet. my brother already bothers me about my current manbag XD

Timbers

check me out
That's the bag I have.
Only people somewhat familiar with anime/manga would be able put two and two together.
To which I responded:
"Yup."

I don't really think anyone who was unfamiliar with Gravitation would even think the bag had 'teh gay.' If I saw anyone walking around with that bag I'd just think they were a weeaboo anime fan.

I do like the bag though. I'm not a big anime fan but other than the character in the middle there would be nothing stopping me from buying it lol.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
That's the bag I have.
To which I responded:
"Yup."

/tangent

Edit:
I forgot that AngryLobster also recognized my bag, but I didn't realize it until I saw him in the LGBT thread on SRK, when he brought it up.
(We both went to the FAST1 tournament in Florida and were staying at the same house, but we never actually spoke to one another. XD)

Haha, I remember seein that bag at Collins at FAST and I was thinkin "Whos the other gay guy here" the whole time :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
More reasons why Utah is ********.

Bill 267 was voted down, 5-8, meaning that in the sate of Utah, it's legal to fire someone based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Also due to this bill not passing, landlords are legally allowed to discriminate against homosexual or transgender people.

Meanwhile, a bill allowing incest is on its way to becoming legal. **** this state. I'm moving out of here as soon as my lease is up.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That sucks. Badly. I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Really, everytime stuff like this happens, it makes me wonder how we can still call ourselves home of the free.

Really? It's legal to discriminate based off of sexual orientation now in Utah? That is some ****ed up ****. If I were you, I would protest in the streets. I would join you guys.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Protests wouldn't get me anywhere.

Also, I was reading it wrong-- the bill about incest was trying to make it illegal. But it's still pretty weird that it's legal already (through loopholes).

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
o deary me, prop 8 shall be put up with the california supream court my dear, how exciting, mabey people like me that say no prop 8, shall be happy if it is over ruled, the prop 8 wasnt even suppose to be passed by a popular vote >_>. I forgot where but in props such as prop 8 cannot be passed by popular vote >.>, man I hated everyone that said yes on prop 8 at my school which was about only 2 but still, they had to rub it in

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I wish my state was as pro as Utah. All we have here is a random crime spike that's related to "the economy and the weather". Utah is so kewl. Why can't philly be like that?

D

Deleted member

More reasons why Utah is ********.

Bill 267 was voted down, 5-8, meaning that in the sate of Utah, it's legal to fire someone based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Also due to this bill not passing, landlords are legally allowed to discriminate against homosexual or transgender people.

Meanwhile, a bill allowing incest is on its way to becoming legal. **** this state. I'm moving out of here as soon as my lease is up.
That's seriously ****ed up, yet another reason why Utah sucks. I'm not gay or anything but, I really think gay guys are cool and 99% of them are normal people. The remaining one percent is made out to be how all gay guys are.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
heh. I know it doesn't affect me because I'm an Ohioan, not a Californian, but it really hurt to have my best friend be excited that prop 8 passed. Then, like I've said before, all it took was coming out to him and he's completely changed his mind. He thinks it's stupid now, and it took him all of 30 seconds to reach that decision.

Sadly, a lot of straight people who don't personally know a gay person just don't seem to care enough about us. I mean it was obvious that was the case with my friend and myself: the moment he saw that it did nothing but hurt other people --people who he could actually see rather than hypothetical people -- he made an about face.

People like that might, unfortunately, be really open to the powers of suggestion from the pro-prop-8 side. Until they have a reason to side with us, I doubt they will. So get out there and wave your rainbow flag to garner some support! (kidding)

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
I love online justification for homophobia, in particular, when they say that 'I'm not homophobic, I know a gay person' :3

but it really didn't surprise me too much when Prop 8 passed :O
lots of conservatives in CA
also read somewhere that the increase in black voters for obama played a big factor on it not passing [conservative blacks]

but I agree with Sonic here
until they realize that this affects real people [on a personal level], and I'm assuming they aren't unreasonable or bound by a dogmatic ideology that tells them to, that things like prop 8 will continue to be passed :O

Oh, the commercials they used for Prop 8 was ridiculously stupid
Kid: "Mommy, they told that I can marry a princess when I grow up :D"
Mom: "D:"
then a 'respectable' lawyer person comes out and says...
you know what, just watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PgjcgqFYP4

it's ridiculous

yay life :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPoH1JX0Q8&feature=related < parody to make one feel better

bored

Smash Ace
OMG i want that bag!!!!!

on the hair subject i've changed barbers consistently. currently one of my aunts cuts my hair and that works out fine. i also hate when my mom pesters me when it gets "too long" to her, cause when she cuts it im like:

:mad::mad:"MY HAIR IS NOT LIKE THE BUSHES OUTSIDE YOU CAN'T JUST HACK IT APART!!!!":mad::mad:

so noa i have to be a bit meanier to her to get her to stop pestering me about her trying to cut it cause frankly she sucks at it.
I've always been finicky about people cutting my hair. Seriously, I went 2 years of my life with the worst hair cut ever, all because some old man couldn't figure out what I was saying. It was horrible, and I absolutely hated getting my hair cut. But now, I've been making appointments with my sisters stylist, and though she's expensive, I now have beautiful brunette locks that people love to admire.

I would love to learn how to style hair though, but I have absolutely no skills in doing such.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I've always been finicky about people cutting my hair. Seriously, I went 2 years of my life with the worst hair cut ever, all because some old man couldn't figure out what I was saying. It was horrible, and I absolutely hated getting my hair cut. But now, I've been making appointments with my sisters stylist, and though she's expensive, I now have beautiful brunette locks that people love to admire.

I would love to learn how to style hair though, but I have absolutely no skills in doing such.
its cause it seemed like all my old barbers shops either closed, or we moved. one only appears during the summer so that ones seasonal O.O

@Xsyven
Utah is stupid. i'll help you pack

Timbers

check me out
o deary me, prop 8 shall be put up with the california supream court my dear, how exciting, mabey people like me that say no prop 8, shall be happy if it is over ruled, the prop 8 wasnt even suppose to be passed by a popular vote >_>. I forgot where but in props such as prop 8 cannot be passed by popular vote >.>, man I hated everyone that said yes on prop 8 at my school which was about only 2 but still, they had to rub it in
I feel there's a big and glaring difference between Prop 8 and Xsyven's situation. Like, I can at least see the reasoning to prop 8. People believed that marriage should be between a man and woman, and gay marriage encroached heavily on their moral beliefs of a holy sacrement. I think those people that believe that need to start thinking outside the box a bit but they had every reason to think the way they did. This case is just plain ****ed up. There's no defense against a community's religious beliefs, it's just people being given the right to totally **** with people due to ignorance. I mean you can actually turn down a guy that's fighting for a job because of a personal lifestyle? That's just ignorance with no basis. ****'s dumb.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I agree. I'm from Denver and can safely say Utah sucks.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I feel there's a big and glaring difference between Prop 8 and Xsyven's situation. Like, I can at least see the reasoning to prop 8. People believed that marriage should be between a man and woman, and gay marriage encroached heavily on their moral beliefs of a holy sacrement. I think those people that believe that need to start thinking outside the box a bit but they had every reason to think the way they did. This case is just plain ****ed up. There's no defense against a community's religious beliefs, it's just people being given the right to totally **** with people due to ignorance. I mean you can actually turn down a guy that's fighting for a job because of a personal lifestyle? That's just ignorance with no basis. ****'s dumb.
oh sorry I wasnt trying to relate with xsyven's statement, just brining it up, the supream court of california will begin to discuss on prop 8, near the middle march. Oh well lets see what happens

Timbers

check me out
Oh, I didn't think you did...I was just voicing my opinion on the two matters since they were somewhat related. I only quoted you because you were the one to mention prop 8 lol

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hey Xsyven, I just found out I need a roomie next year. Move out to philly and live with me so I don't get stuck with some random freshman or jerk.

Veril

Frame Savant
Hello :O

On topic: I like men

and a gravitation bag is SO gay :p
Wow, I'm really starting to see a pattern. Literally every peach player that I've seen posting on the Jiggs forum has also posted here...

Guess its time for me to start posting on the Peach boards :p

Characters with most non-heterosexual mains: Peach, Jigglypuff, Zelda, at least that's what I've seen so far.

Utah is a terrible place (coming from a bisexual atheist lol). I blame the Mormons.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Characters with most non-heterosexual mains: Peach, Jigglypuff, Zelda, at least that's what I've seen so far.
Because they're all pink and effeminate.

I despise them all, Peach the most. At least Zelda has lightning kicks...

Timbers

check me out
zelda has a huge amount of bi/gay players. Like really, not even peach and jiggz can compare. No idea why.

Anyways I see zelda as a fun character (lightning kicks are addicting when not in tourney play) but I've always played Fox (64, melee) and Luc, however Luc's moveset could have been placed on any character and I'd play it. Never really had an interest in the character itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom