• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I don't really see what the problem is with "gay being cool". Seriously, its a good thing. Better than gay being shameful and putting you in danger.
I never said it was a bad thing... I just don't get it. In all honesty I don't really think being a certain sexuality should make you cool just as it shouldn't make you hated... but that's just me. ^^;

Takumaru

Smash Lord
My friend Beth had her friend Teddy visit her this weekend. I found out he was gay so I expressed some minor interest in meeting him simply for that fact. Well I never got to actually meet him, but apparently I rushed past him on my way to study for my bio exam. Beth told me that he stopped and watched me for a bit then she smacked him on the back of the head. He blushed and said I was kinda cute and asked who I was. So she said "Oh, him? That's quin from my floor. He said he wanted to meet you at some point but he looks really busy." and then he said "well he looks really cute when he's busy." Fast forward to tonight during dinner. I never got to meet this guy but he came up in the conversation during dinner. My friends flashed me a picture and asked what I thought of the guy in the picture. I said I thought he was kinda cute and then they told me the guy in the picture was teddy. So now they want him to come back down to visit one weekend and see if we hit it off. I'm actually quite intrigued because no one has tried to set me up with anyone before. :D

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
My friend Beth had her friend Teddy visit her this weekend. I found out he was gay so I expressed some minor interest in meeting him simply for that fact. Well I never got to actually meet him, but apparently I rushed past him on my way to study for my bio exam. Beth told me that he stopped and watched me for a bit then she smacked him on the back of the head. He blushed and said I was kinda cute and asked who I was. So she said "Oh, him? That's quin from my floor. He said he wanted to meet you at some point but he looks really busy." and then he said "well he looks really cute when he's busy." Fast forward to tonight during dinner. I never got to meet this guy but he came up in the conversation during dinner. My friends flashed me a picture and asked what I thought of the guy in the picture. I said I thought he was kinda cute and then they told me the guy in the picture was teddy. So now they want him to come back down to visit one weekend and see if we hit it off. I'm actually quite intrigued because no one has tried to set me up with anyone before. :D

Best of luck.
Kinda of odd in a sense, but then again, that's what life is.
What about him? He any good?

Well it's his straight best friend.
My brother is pretending to be bi. He thinks it's cool to be gay now.
I think that's a good thing, he isn't doing to be a jerk or anything, but at least he is accepting a tolerance.
I mean think about it, the whole idea of shooting down Bi's, Gay's, ect ect. Is frowned upon, though the level of hypocrisy is astounding. Either way I think that your brother is doing a good thing. Wether he means it or not.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Blargh- The only thing that has happened to me that really bugged me about being gay was probably when my friend and I, had a serious conversation. She has been dating this guy (long distance) and she explained to me quite alot about some situation where he wanted to have sex with her. Obviously i told her she wasn't even ready. She then proceeded to tell me that i would probably find that 'girl' for me the first time. I just felt like telling her I was gay then... But I knew that she wasn't ready to hear that, she felt really alone and sad, so i decided not to tell her yet. Although it bugged me that she asked that question about finding a girl, simply because i'm not interested (it's kind of like telling a straight guy the same thing about guys). Another would be when my friend's buddy got interested in me... Ughh- I didn't know what to say, I mean, I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but I also didn't want people to know yet that I was- gay. (High school has lots of very anti-gays)
I never really hear any sort of gay jokes intended to hit me, though =\

Timbers

check me out
haha thats cute, hope **** works out for ya

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
best of luck my dear, how adorable your situation came to be

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I spent Valentine's with my boyfriend. (Chris)

--

13th - Hung out with his friends who got us free tickets to a comedy show. Went to dinner, saw the show, went back to their house. 'Kanu' made us all tasty drinks. Got to try a hookah for the first time. Had a lot to drink. Spent the night at Chris' after we sobered up enough to head back to his apt.

14th - Woke up. Played board games with Chris and a few other peeps. Went out to dinner at Outback with Roy and Patrick from the "Nobody likes onions" podcast. Then we went to see them perform at a comedy club. Many drinks were consumed. Hung out with the comedians after the show too. Went back, spent the night with Chris again.

15th - Woke up around noon. Spent the day with him doing a whole lotta nothing (which is more awesome than it sounds). Had to leave around 5, though. He had to leave and have dinner with the fam. Spent the rest of the day at Waba playing SFIV.

--

Verdict: Best Valentine's weekend ever. Hands down. n_n

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
CHRIST it's been a while...
And since I'm too lazy to read all the previous posts, I'm gonna assume that we're talking about valentine's day due to the date...

And takumaru, that sounds awesome, I'm quite jealous of your prospects.

I did nothing special, due to my obligations at the school musical (I'm in the lowest circle of hell known as the pit orchestra, and we're so not appreciated at all...) but my semi-bf was there as well because he's in it too, so we watched arrested development during the intermission, and then we went to the cast party together (not together together, just in the same car).

Then we both grinded/ground/dry humped to the music on each other, and did a massive grinding conga line, and awkwardness ensued. I totally get the "most haphazardly awkward" award.

I assure you also that even if you stayed home alone and watched TV, your vday was much more romantic than mine.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
GAAAAAHHHH!! double post!!

I'm sorry, but this is too cool!!

So, as anyone who's been here since page 20something (lulz, time measured in pages) knows, I got kicked out of my house after getting outed by leaving this thread open when I went to rehearsal one night. I ended up staying at a classmate's house, and I'm living there now. It's like a real family, thank karma, but my new family didn't have legal custody UNTIL TODAY!!! I'M AN EMANCIPATED MINOR NOW, AND MY NEW FAMILY IS NOW MY LEGAL FAMILY!! I'm not changing my last name though, because the classmate's/my new brother's older brother/my new older brother has my first name.

I'm crying right now. This is seriously the happiest day of my life.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace

So, as anyone who's been here since page 20something (lulz, time measured in pages) knows, I got kicked out of my house after getting outed by leaving this thread open when I went to rehearsal one night. I ended up staying at a classmate's house, and I'm living there now. It's like a real family, thank karma, but my new family didn't have legal custody UNTIL TODAY!!! I'M AN EMANCIPATED MINOR NOW, AND MY NEW FAMILY IS NOW MY LEGAL FAMILY!! I'm not changing my last name though, because the classmate's/my new brother's older brother/my new older brother has my first name.

Awww that's splendid, congrats! :3

Takumaru

Smash Lord

I haven't been here since page 20 but I've read everything from page 1. That's awesome that things worked out and a bit surprising that the legal system worked that fast. I'm smiling real big for you now. :chuckle:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Congrats man, good to hear it's getting better for you.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been here since page 20 but I've read everything from page 1. That's awesome that things worked out and a bit surprising that the legal system worked that fast. I'm smiling real big for you now. :chuckle:
My old parents didn't really fight it at all. No court hearing either. The only caveat is that I see a counselor 1 time a month for the next 6 months in case I start getting depressed or something, but I don't care. I'm so happy for this, and I feel like I did before I started worrying about all this crap. Thank you all so much!! *massive reciprocated hug*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
bittersweet it seems.

sucks that it had to be this way, but awesome that it worked out. you're lucky, and I'm happy for you.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I'm just happy things can go back to normal and that I have a family that really loves me. It's all worth it.
Bittersweet? Maybe... I guess I can see my brother getting angry at me for leaving the family, but I still can't think of anything that would make me stay. I have been unable to be myself for so long, and I love me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
your well being and hapiness is the #1 priority. If your biological family can't have that in mind for you, then they aren't a good family to stay with.

Gotta do what's right for you, so I'm glad it's working out well.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I am so thrilled. I am on a total endorphin high right now...
But anyways, I'm bored talking about myself. For once in my life, anyways. =]

But i wanna know how everyone else is doing!! I'm here on an irregular basis, but I can give you my AIM in case someone needs advice. That, and I hope everyone is enjoying 2009 as I much as I love macs.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Hey that's great to hear that you are able to be part of a better family that can accept you :3 I wonder though, what will happen to your siblings and such? Will they forget you were ever part of their family, once before? I'm happy for you, that everything turned out great though!

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
My brother and I still go to schools that are literally down the street from each other, and as annoying as he can be, I'll still be there for him. I have to. But anyhow, I was wondering how everyone elses valentine's day went. I posted mine a few posts ago.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That, and I hope everyone is enjoying 2009 as I much as I love macs.
Awesome. I love Macs too! :bee:

- and congrats. Everything sounds amazing on your end. ^^

So, as I said before, my valentines day dance (with a girl date) went well. Yesterday I went to a party and it was fun. I grinded a bit, ate some candy, downloaded Firefox unto the hostesses Mac, and there were several cute guys there.

By the end though, discussion with people comes to the conclusion that my only option that night was this incredibly flamboyant kid.

T_____T

Why are people straight.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Awesome. I love Macs too! :bee:

- and congrats. Everything sounds amazing on your end. ^^

So, as I said before, my valentines day dance (with a girl date) went well. Yesterday I went to a party and it was fun. I grinded a bit, ate some candy, downloaded Firefox unto the hostesses Mac, and there were several cute guys there.

By the end though, discussion with people comes to the conclusion that my only option that night was this incredibly flamboyant kid.

T_____T

Why are people straight.
Hah. I prefer my windows OS... Because it can play games >=o hah... I want a Mac T^T.
What's wrong with an incredibly flamboyant kid? xD (i'm not flamboyant, just curious. >=3)

My valentines? It was like any other valentines- just another day. Actually i ended up hanging out with friends, and yea... My valentines was just a normal day :O I know- I should do something about that. Anyhow before valentines, I was often asked about whether or not I had a girl. I should have just told them I was gay, just to get on their nerves :D

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Why are people straight? ~Meno

Did I ever mention that you have to be one of my favs in this thread. Macs pwn because... lemme think... THEY'RE NOT VISTA!! HA!!

I already did tell my valentine's day, but I guess the best part was doing cartoons with a friend on her little macbook air (my school may be a drug-laden one, but the money for said substances DID come from somewhere), and we did some really good ones, like my personal fave of all the power rangers doing the midair triangle formation, and then there was a rainbow one in the middle (my idea) and we captioned it "As long as we're being politically correct about this". My band director rofl'd for 5 minutes, and the we went back into the auditorium for Act II of Dolly, then cast party.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
all I did for valintines day was sit at home, with nothing to do, it was raining very hard, but the dark clouds and rain made everything sound so beautiful and look beautiful as well. Ah what a wondefrful day it was, just listeining to the rain drops splasing on the window. But then I got bored at night then read a bunch of mangas, nothing really happened valentines day for me

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
That kinda sucks... I never really had a real valentine's day, but I always managed to at least hang out with friends and do stuff.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
for valentines day i helped my sis work on her project for school and then my own, it was mostly just a typical day.....

i hate valentines day D:<

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
That always does suck doesn't it? My friend is always down about vday every year. Even when he's dating someone. WTF??

@jiggly I hate school projects. Especially the ones where you do everything and your partner gets all the credit. I hate those so much.

Timbers

check me out
my vday:

i wasnt doing anything romantic and shiz for Vday but i still set up plans to go hang out with people and **** people on Waw with a friend, and go smash latter with some others..and then go drink after that, and then mother nature was like fffffffffffffUUCCKKK YOU and totally dropped a century's worth of snow in the mountains and roadservice was like ffffffffffff**** YEAH to snowchains until like noon and then I was like so gay and ended up staying here and being emo.

Hope everyone else's Vdays were better rofl.
tl;dr I was planning on going into Vegas but road was closed to anyone without snowchains for like ever.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Hai everyone *waves and smiles*

Alright so Valentine's is one of my least favorite days of the year because it only reminds me that I have no one to hold hands with >.>
Well I woke up late because I had went on a date the day before. Sadly though, I really didn't feel click between the two of us. He took me out to eat. and well he was a polite guy. You guys have no idea how bad I felt; I forgot my wallet.! He ended up paying for me. I realized I forgot right before I ordered my food but he insisted he would pay. In either case, at the end, I just thanked him but I doubt we'll go out again.
On Valentine's Day, I went to the movies with my single...straight friends. We watched "He's Just Not That Into You" (lol) I really enjoyed it and then we went to go eat. I also went to a Singles Valentine's Party but eventually the cops showed up because everyone was too noisy so nothing special happened there.

The.End

Smash Cadet
my vday:

tl;dr I was planning on going into Vegas but road was closed to anyone without snowchains for like ever.
Hah, you turned a boring valentines into something fun xD

And silentrain, that sounds fun, darn i wish there was some sort of singles valentines party i could go to :O, unfortunately i'd probably be 'that guy' who is underaged, and just out there. Too bad it didn't work out with your date...

bored

Smash Ace
Well I'm glad to here everybody had a great weekend. My valentines day was terrible, so terrible that I went home that night and cried myself to sleep... Ok not really, but, it just wasn't a good day for me.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Singles valentines parties=poo.

Fact of life, i'm afraid. It's never what it should be, but then again...

HA! Topic-change... AWAY!!

Soooo... How many people here are going to any tournaments in Chicago over the summer? (I'm in Milwaukee or thereabouts, so Chicago is really the only place smash shows up in the midwest.) I would love to fight players who aren't PCs or my little brother or my friend (who's good, but not that good.)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
That always does suck doesn't it? My friend is always down about vday every year. Even when he's dating someone. WTF??

@jiggly I hate school projects. Especially the ones where you do everything and your partner gets all the credit. I hate those so much.
your strange friend lol. and i actually like my project since its draw w/e i want so i just did my FF11 characters in a group picture.

Well I'm glad to here everybody had a great weekend. My valentines day was terrible, so terrible that I went home that night and cried myself to sleep... Ok not really, but, it just wasn't a good day for me.
mines was relatively normal, who said i had a grat one?:laugh:

Singles valentines parties=poo.

Fact of life, i'm afraid. It's never what it should be, but then again...

HA! Topic-change... AWAY!!

Soooo... How many people here are going to any tournaments in Chicago over the summer? (I'm in Milwaukee or thereabouts, so Chicago is really the only place smash shows up in the midwest.) I would love to fight players who aren't PCs or my little brother or my friend (who's good, but not that good.)
i can't travel around alot so best im gonna get is the few around Ohio.

Timbers

check me out
Chicago's a little too far for me lol. I plan on going to Genesis though, provided my ride doesn't wimp out. Still waiting for confirmation from him before I go ahead and prereg.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
@the.end I'm sorry! That really sucks. Do you even have smash out there? We don't have it here and we have 600k people in the darn city.

But tournaments aren't really my scene. Mostly because doubles is a dead form of play now, and I'm awful against certain playstyles for some reason.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
@the.end I'm sorry! That really sucks. Do you even have smash out there? We don't have it here and we have 600k people in the darn city.

But tournaments aren't really my scene. Mostly because doubles is a dead form of play now, and I'm awful against certain playstyles for some reason.
I love doubles, I perform SO much better in them than in singles just because all those lucario and metaknight players don't have an entire stage to run away from me. I REALLY hate singles because I spend the majority of the match chasing people. It's really starting to make me hate the game. I don't even post on class forums all that much anymore because the appeal of brawl is dieing... fast.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I love doubles, I perform SO much better in them than in singles just because all those lucario and metaknight players don't have an entire stage to run away from me. I REALLY hate singles because I spend the majority of the match chasing people. It's really starting to make me hate the game. I don't even post on class forums all that much anymore because the appeal of brawl is dieing... fast.
Play melee, or Brawl+, they're both games where offense is strong enough to not make the game all about chasing people.

Seriously, Brawl needs a different mindset then Melee, and it seems to me you're too offense-minded for Brawl to be really interesting for you.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Doubles is the reason I play smash.
I live for teams games.
You can do wacky ridiculous **** you could never do in singles.
My Brawl teammate plays Luigi. I play King Dedede.
G.A.T.S.
Giant *** To Shoryuken.
Down throw -> Up+B.
We've got lots of other team combos, but that's our standard.

Though, after his performance at Clash, he's considering switching to Snake.
Perhaps we can do something like DThrow -> Dair?
Fsmash? Utilt? Proxy? C4? Team tech chase off of Dthrows?

Anyway. My point is that teams = win.
Yeah. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom