• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Blah blah blah. You can complain all you want but LGBT is the set standard =p

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Don't put words into my mouth. You make it sound like I'm jumping down people's throats or something. Let's just drop it. :ohwell:

(And saying that something is "the standard" doesn't justify it; just FYI.)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Don't put words into my mouth. You make it sound like I'm jumping down people's throats or something.
Uhm, no. Now you're putting words in my mouf! I didn't make that post with any such implications... let alone referring to anyone specifically :laugh:

(And saying that something is "the standard" doesn't justify it; just FYI.)
The point was that more people are in agreement with it than not, hence the consensus thereof and the reasoning behind it being a standard. It doesn't fully justify it, but it surely implies the majority v minority argument that I was getting at.

Edit: To be honest, even some transgendered folks are even against being grouped with us ***mos... but the majority of them aren't <.<; STRENGTH IN NUMBERS AND ALL THAT YAY!! ^-^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
false.

it is one of multiple standard setups. some groups are more or less inclusive as there are:
LGB
LGBT
LGBTQ (questioning/queer)
LGBTQQ (queer AND questioning)
LGBTT (Transvestite AND Transexual)
LGBTSA (Straight allies)
LGBTA (Straight Allies or Asexual)
LGBTP (Pansexual (attracted to hermaphrodites, men and women))
SGL (Same gender loving... the equivalent of LG or LGB)

or even the all inclusive:
MSGI (minority sexual and gender identities)
FABGLITTER (from Fetish, Allies, Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Intersexed, Transgender, Transsexual Engendering Revolution)

the differences between these communities is all about inclusion. The smaller the group, the more focused and pertinent it is. Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals share many many things in common, but as soon as you add one more group to that the similarities held by all members greatly diminishes.

LGBT is probably the most common group, but slightly more or less inclusive groups are not uncommon by any stretch. Grouping us together has hurt in some ways. Some of my friends assume that, because I've told them I'm gay that I "swing both ways" (B) or make jokes about me being a woman at heart (T). Both are super false. I love BEING a man and I also love men. As far as the purpose of this particular thread are concerned, including the "T" only makes sense considering that it's mainly a support group and we are prone to be supportive of fellow discriminated minorities, but do not assume that LGB and T should always be associated, our conditions are diferent as are our ultimate goals and lives. I'm completely supportive of Transexuals in the context of this thread, but that doesn't mean that I have any more of an understanding for what it means to be transexual than your average straight person, nor do I associate myself as being part of the transexual community in any way. It's not who I am any more than being straight is.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I suppose that there are pride parades falling under all those individual categories as well?

Edit: Serious question, I'm curious.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I suppose that there are pride parades falling under all those individual categories as well?

Edit: Serious question, I'm curious.
I have never been to a pride parade (flamboyance is not my thing. and I think they are counterproductive since it's basically a show to the masses "look at us! Look at how different and non-mainstream we are!" I think it's more productive to just be and not shove our lifestyle in anyone's faces. We don't like it when others do that to use, why should we do it to them?)

But pride parades are varried, all over the place and, to my knowledge, QUITE inclusive. Someone who actually knows more should answer this though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I have never been to a pride parade (flamboyance is not my thing. and I think they are counterproductive since it's basically a show to the masses "look at us! Look at how different and non-mainstream we are!" I think it's more productive to just be and not shove our lifestyle in anyone's faces. We don't like it when others do that to use, why should we do it to them?)
Nothing new to add to the conversation; but it seems like many ***s feel this way, including myself :laugh:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
one of my friends from highschool is now a male model/bodybuilder....

a totally ripped, tan and yummy looking model/peice of meat.... <.< I covet!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Why the hell have I never posted here?
o_<

Hallo everyone.
Im 15, male, gay, taken and excited for the rest of my life.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
fabglitter is probably one of the best names ive ever heard.

i have a question for you all: around waht age do you realize your sexual preference is differnet?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Curious? More like bi-curious, MIRITE?

A friend of mine told me that he always knew but didn't accept it until his pre-teen years. He claims that he remembers preferring the presence of a man to a woman and "admiring" men more than women even as a wee one. Nothing sexual obviously, but a general interest.

I told him that I find this odd since I didn't even question my sexuality until I was around 13 years old. He calls me a late bloomer.

By the way, "FABGLITTER" sounds like social masochism to me. Let's not do that.

Also, hi, thread in which I haven't posted in months.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've said it before but I'll repeat for the newbies:

for me
-first signs popped up before I was 10 but...
- it wasn't until I was 11 or 12 that I first started looking at boys that way and...
- 13-14 I was sexually attracted
- took me until a year or so later to really know I was probably gay
- not until I was 18 did I fall in love with another guy.
-not until I was 20 did I come out.
-not until I was 21 did I come out to my straight friends.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The day I come out is the day I get my innards ripped out.

Yes, seriously. Or burnt to death, that's likely too.

(I'm actually being serious)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol like you care.

But really it will be. I have such a hilarious set of circumstances in life. Loved so much but all of that would just get ground to dust with just one revelation.

I stopped letting it get to me though, I just like to laugh at myself these days.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I appreciate it :)

But who said I was down?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You'll come out eventually, once you figure out that it really doesn't matter what other people think. I live by the rule in life "Do what makes you happy!" It's been workin' out so far. :)

As for when I started likin' boys, I'm with everyone else. Puberty. When the body starts thinkin' "Bow chicka wow!" instead of "Hi!". I even remember my first male crush from 7th grade. :D Prior to that, I chased little girls, and "liked" them, just because that's what little boys do.

I was in hardcore denial for a looong time. I was extremely religious, and extremely homophobic, so I wouldn't allow myself to accept the fact that I was gay. I looked at dudes, never looked at girls, but I didn't care. I wasn't gay. It wasn't until I was 19 that I finally realized how ******** I was being and just dropped the act. But even then, it was only to a select few people before I could fully come out.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You'll come out eventually, once you figure out that it really doesn't matter what other people think. I live by the rule in life "Do what makes you happy!" It's been workin' out so far. :)

As for when I started likin' boys, I'm with everyone else. Puberty. When the body starts thinkin' "Bow chicka wow!" instead of "Hi!". I even remember my first male crush from 7th grade. :D Prior to that, I chased little girls, and "liked" them, just because that's what little boys do.

I was in hardcore denial for a looong time. I was extremely religious, and extremely homophobic, so I wouldn't allow myself to accept the fact that I was gay. I looked at dudes, never looked at girls, but I didn't care. I wasn't gay. It wasn't until I was 19 that I finally realized how ******** I was being and just dropped the act. But even then, it was only to a select few people before I could fully come out.

I'm sorry, but I knew you were gay the minute you asked me about how I got my hair to look a certain way.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What can I say? Your hair is amazing! I can't just pass up the opportunity to know your secrets! Plus, I asked after I came to terms with it. And had a boyfriend.

Timbers

check me out
I'm sorry, but I knew you were gay the minute you asked me about how I got my hair to look a certain way.
ahahah

Yeah it'd be hard for me to put my childhood (and growing out of it) into perspective. Lot of things changed to the point it'd be weird just to be like "yeah I felt this way one day and then another day I felt this." I do know I passed myself off as a huge homophobe to look like the typical "gays are ***s" straight dude, though. I still kind of do, but that's more because I just like picking fun at people more than trying to cover my own ***.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

same story as me.... same story as a lot of religious conservatives who are gay.

the ****ty part is, that I've ALWAYS been pro gay. you know, even when I didn't know I was because I was too young, I was supportive of gay rights, but when it hit home, I was still ashamed I was gay... and I'm now ashamed that I could be such a hypocrite.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I personally never was really homophobic to begin with... so it was more a "Oh, yea... I guess I'm gay" rather than "OMG I'm gay what am I gonna do D:" thing, I guess.

Problem is, tho, that my father is extremely homophobic, so when I came out to him, he hated me even more than he already did before I told him. >_>"

In the end, I'm happy with who I am. I've never questioned my sexuality, and never will, most likely. I don't care what others think. If they believe I'm a worse person because of whom I have in my bedroom, they aren't worth any sympathy anyway. *shrug*

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Drama Injection:
My 'boyfriend' apparently sees me as little more than a 'friend with benefits'.
Since I don't see him that way, finding this out came as quite a blow.
I'm depressed.
Not sure what to do.

u_u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom