• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkatma

Smash Hero
"Also, anyone (preachers) that haven't played a video game are 100% hypocrites."

Doesnt that imply that any straight person who denounces a gay person is a hypocrite?

or similarly any man who makes a racist remark cannot be justified to do so?

etc.

the implications for that statement are vast =]

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hey Momo. Its good to see I'm not alone in this thread. How was your day? I'm glad people have two weeks off. That way, people can finally get to know there is a thread for gay/bi video game players. We get to make our own special community now.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
My day was peachy. ^^ Today I worked on an art project I didn't finish in school and played Melee like I do everyday since the Dojo came up. X3

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I'm still here too... I've just been busy in the Zelda subforums as well :p.

Can't say I have anything new to add to the discussion at the moment though :(.

EDIT: I haven't been able to play Melee at all this holiday because I left the disc at my apartment ><! Starting to feel withdrawl.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Man I'm so lucky... I think... where I live there are a lot of people who are homophobic, but at the same time there are many who aren't... and there are many who are gay too... not that I'm interested in them or anything, it's just that it's not as lonely. =P And I'm not sure how my family would react, but I doubt they'd be extra harsh or anything... though I imagine things would be a lot more akward at family get togethers, but ummm... yeah. ^^;

My mom is the kind of mom that says she loves me no matter what, and even said that if I'm gay then she'll love me all the same and stuff. X3 My dad not so much but dads are like that... I think... besides I don't think he'll disown me... at least I hope not, meh even if he does I still got my mom. =P
Yeah, I'm still here, too. I've been at work all day, though. (Ugh, eleven hour shift...@_@)

I'm in the same deal. Texas really isn't as evil as some people think it is. Well, really depends where you go. I live in Houston. Huge diverse metropolitan city. And my school, UH, is the same way. Heh, it's kind of nice. I'm in the music school and I can sit in the lobby and look around thinking, "He's gay... and he's gay... and she's gay..." A very liberal diverse atmosphere. I wish everybody could live freely like that.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
"Also, anyone (preachers) that haven't played a video game are 100% hypocrites."

Doesnt that imply that any straight person who denounces a gay person is a hypocrite?

or similarly any man who makes a racist remark cannot be justified to do so?

etc.

the implications for that statement are vast =]

I like where your coming from. But I'm a debater so here I go. Any preacher who hasn't played a video game is a hypocrite. A straight person or any preacher can denounce someone who is gay/bi due to the Bible - unfortunately :(

But I don't believe in religion because there are so many wrong things people mistake with their knowledge. But this is the time (and thread) I can't post stuff about anyone's religion.

Anyway, a racist isn't a hypocrite. But they are illegal ignorants now. A person who makes a racist remark can't justify it. Its just something they "feel."

I love my life, my friends like me for me (most don't know about my sexuality and don't care at the moment), and life is good. So I'm happy. Plus, Smash Brawl is coming soon. Can't wait to exchange codes with you guys ;)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Wish high school was like that. California is really filled with divisions. There are the ghetto (and the gangs of different Latin and African descended people), the muscle bound jocks, the geeks, the nerds (yeah different divisions), the cheerleaders, the gossips, the goths, the punks, the emos, the drama kings/queens, the melodramatic, the loners, the eccentric, etc...

Luckily, I'm one of a kind with my one of a kind friends. I'm all of those and yet none of those divisions at the same time. I love music, I'm Asian (yet almost all of my friends are white and Latin descent folks), I'm nerdy as in intelligent, I can be eccentric but I'm proud to say prosaic, I'm dramatic but not overly bound, I love to talk yet not say anything in real life because I can be shy(get it?), I'm [emo]tional but I hate the clothing and the eyeliner, I love gossip but I don't spread the bad rumors, I think gothic art is beautiful, I love art in general, I like sports too, I'm a video game player, I recycle but I don't try to proclaim green on others, I cheer for friends but not in the cheerleader way, I can be a depressing loner who's sarcastic, and yet be the cool adviser who's super nice (well I try to be), and I can go on and on and on lol... *one of a kind :)*

You guys aren't all in high school. I forget this isn't myspace lol :p Yeah, but anyway...I'm out of school for the next two weeks. Sorry for you guys at work and whatever.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I am so bored and I haven't heard from my boyfriends in like 5 days...no messages from MySpace, no IMs, no posts on the boards we post on, no answered phone calls, nothing. I just sent a text to both of them...hope they get it and reply.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I like where your coming from. But I'm a debater so here I go. Any preacher who hasn't played a video game is a hypocrite. A straight person or any preacher can denounce someone who is gay/bi due to the Bible - unfortunately :(

But I don't believe in religion because there are so many wrong things people mistake with their knowledge. But this is the time (and thread) I can't post stuff about anyone's religion.

Anyway, a racist isn't a hypocrite. But they are illegal ignorants now. A person who makes a racist remark can't justify it. Its just something they "feel."

I love my life, my friends like me for me (most don't know about my sexuality and don't care at the moment), and life is good. So I'm happy. Plus, Smash Brawl is coming soon. Can't wait to exchange codes with you guys ;)
dont preachers who preach against video games cite random sources that basically add up to their own (negative) interpretations? Just as preachers site the bible using their own interpretations of the words within to denounce gays/bis. (King James Version, KJV, was made by King James II, who was a gay guy. I believe he made it less of a 'God is a homophobe' thing). Dunno about other religions though.

And a racist is citing his feelings, which were ingrained in him by his parents or friends/relations, just as that preacher is exclaiming HIS(or her) feelings about gays/video games, what have you.

I was just reading the justification of drugs thread in the debate forums, and if your prior statement were true, then we, as non drug users, cannot assume or judge drugs until we have tried them? (which I believe is untrue)

anyways that was a slight tangent, just throwing thoughts out there :p

Btw i'm still in high school, what type of debate do you do? I did Policy/C-x debate for a few years (up till this year, my senior year)

Banks

Smash Hero
i believe homosexuality is one of those mental problems, but since ur born with i guess it isn't anyone's fault. so go get them bums

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm in High School, and we have our divisions too... though I guess it's not as harsh as most schools since this year I actually see people talking to eachother socially... outside of the groups. @.@

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
You guys aren't all in high school. I forget this isn't myspace lol Yeah, but anyway...I'm out of school for the next two weeks. Sorry for you guys at work and whatever.
Sorry been at work for 8 hours

I am still in High-School, honors, part of the NHS, future tennis player(starts up when I get back); work 25 hours a week and have online clases; your **** right that I am glad to be out of school for a few weeks.

Well guess I should describe myself a bit aswell. White, video game player, I am shy, and probably the nicest guy you can find. I will always help others before myself and will see if anyone needs help with something (this happens way to often at work. As for the group I fit in, well its the normal class? I hang out with a few "popular" people, the average person and some nerds; I am friends with most of the band/ROTC/Goth(ish they are not hardcore)/just about everyone. I don't really listen to music that much. I have a 95 average. I do like to dress sort-of preppy (basically collar shirts, no name-brand stuff though). I am an advid anime/manga person (naruto and bleach mainly though I don't talk about it much). Also I have a really deep voice which doesn't work to well with my constant sarcasm.....any questions? ._.'

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Yah. I'm still around. Been hanging with some of my friends today.(got tired of staying inside XD)

Same goes with my high school. Different diversions and what not. I'm not that smart in school, even tho people think I am. I'm currently taking my frist AP class and failing it. Only after school hobby I"m doing is Swim team and I love it @_@.

So we are describing ourselves now? Uhm..I'm black mixed with Puerto Rican. Video game player and Anime fan >.<! Sort of hang out with white kids other than blacks. Mostly because MOST of the black kids here are like...you know..bad influence? I mean really..it'll be boring and stupid to hang with them. I think thats all =\

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Sorry been at work for 8 hours

I am still in High-School, honors, part of the NHS, future tennis player(starts up when I get back); work 25 hours a week and have online clases; your **** right that I am glad to be out of school for a few weeks.

Well guess I should describe myself a bit aswell. White, video game player, I am shy, and probably the nicest guy you can find. I will always help others before myself and will see if anyone needs help with something (this happens way to often at work. As for the group I fit in, well its the normal class? I hang out with a few "popular" people, the average person and some nerds; I am friends with most of the band/ROTC/Goth(ish they are not hardcore)/just about everyone. I don't really listen to music that much. I have a 95 average. I do like to dress sort-of preppy (basically collar shirts, no name-brand stuff though). I am an advid anime/manga person (naruto and bleach mainly though I don't talk about it much). Also I have a really deep voice which doesn't work to well with my constant sarcasm.....any questions? ._.'

Haha. Your turning me on...no, I'm kidding. Anyway, you remind me of me in a lot of ways. Actually, in almost every way. The only difference is that I'm Asian and I'm bi. But every other trait, wow. ;)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Its sad that most African descended people are looked down and stereotyped as ghetto. I only know a few who break that cliche. Now I know there are more outside of this city like Seiya :)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I guess since the last few posters were talking about themselves...

I'm gay, white, 22. Swedish (och jag kan tala lite svenska) and Italian-American. I just graduated from college with a degree in linguistics and philosophy (and a women's studies minor). I'm out to my parents, brothers and friends (not to the extended family tho, who I don't see much anyway). Fortunately for me, my family is pretty much atheist and liberal, so things worked out fine. No big fight. And I didn't lose any friends either. So I guess I'm pretty fortunate. It seems kinda like a self-selected thing tho, for some reason, even tho it's not something that I ask up front, but almost all my friends turn out to be atheist/agnostic and liberal. I never really made friends with homophobic/conservative/super-religious types in the first place...

I'm kinda nerdy, as you might guess, being on this board. I also play Magic the Gathering in addition to the video games. And I'm into debating, esp. religion and philosophy, which makes sense for a phil major, eh? I also have eclectic/weird musical taste (<3 Björk) and tae kwon do (black belt).

I play Smash casually and I guess if I had to say one character, I main Sheik. I also like Ganondorf, Dr Mario and Fox. I also just like jumping around and using different characters, so also Samus, Marth, Peach, Jigglypuff. I kinda like demonstrating that I'm good with a variety of characters (altho I guess none of them are low tier...).
Like, I've got this friend who I found out was gay through a dating site, and he shows no sign at all of him being gay or anything. It makes me wonder if I should tell him about me finding out or if I should just wait for him to come out himself.
My feeling on this is that it's nice sometimes to not always have to work up the courage to tell people. I talked to someone I knew who I saw on a gay dating site, and it worked out fine. Actually, I kind of also told a mutual friend of ours (gay friendly). That also worked out fine, since he was glad to have someone to talk to about it. So he actually said he appreciated it.

And if he put himself on a dating site with identifying information, obviously he must have realized that it was possible that someone he knew would find out. So it's not like he can be mad that you saw something that he put on the internet for everyone to see. If you went around telling the whole world, he'd have something to complain about.
out of all of the gays in this thread so far, how many of us have lost or misplaced our v-card?
Now where did I put that thing...
I don't knoww... anal sex sounds difficult... what about the uhm.. excess coitus residing in the rectum?
Use a condom.

Which you should probably be doing anyway, for other reasons.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I don't knoww... anal sex sounds difficult... what about the uhm.. excess coitus residing in the rectum?

Okay dude. Seriously, I know more than you do and I'm in high school. Okay...if you guys want to do it...lubrication. Then, a condom but make sure that its lubrication-proofed. Have fun ;p

I'll try to hold in my dinner...

Sheepish

Smash Rookie
Heh, well I'm glad to see that you guys are supportive.

I'm not really a FAB-U-LOUS kind of guy. In fact, those kind of mannerisms are a little annoying. It's funny though, as annoying as I think gay stereotypes are, I fall into quite a few of them. I like theater and acting, at one point I was addicted to DDR, I love Kingdom Hearts (The first one, not the second. The second was garbage). On the other hand, I've never had any interest in fashion (hell, I hardly care about how I look at all ) and Disney is just ok. Meh, gay or straight, I'm probably a handful of degrees off normal. That's ok though. Who wants to be "normal" anyways?

Oh, and just to go and break the trends, I play Ganon. Lol, probably the ugliest character in the game!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I meant to make a serious point in here but had to post earlier with a funny, but...
I don't see the point of gay smashers introducing themselves as gay. I would find it equally odd if heterosexual smashers made a topic saying they were heterosexual. No one should care whether your gay, straight, bi, trans. If one does not want to be judge based or pre-judged based on their sexuality, it should not even be an issue to be brought up.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But because of the bigotry against them they need a little alcove so they can all worship Satan and hate Jesus together, and do other gay things, like discuss how to convert children or destroy marriage.

And before someone is offended, that's a joke

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I meant to make a serious point in here but had to post earlier with a funny, but...
I don't see the point of gay smashers introducing themselves as gay. I would find it equally odd if heterosexual smashers made a topic saying they were heterosexual. No one should care whether your gay, straight, bi, trans. If one does not want to be judge based or pre-judged based on their sexuality, it should not even be an issue to be brought up.
Because being gay IS who they are and they still get prejudiced against.

But because of the bigotry against them they need a little alcove so they can all worship Satan and hate Jesus together, and do other gay things, like discuss how to convert children or destroy marriage.

And before someone is offended, that's a joke
GOD **** ***S RUINING OUR COUNTRY FOR JESUS!!!

Sidenote: I love the word "***" especially when people use it because they are just saying "cigarettes" but their ignorant ****ing mind can't grasp that words don't mean ****. Side-sidenote: "Cracker" is my favorite racial epithet.

Sheepish

Smash Rookie
A topic where people talk about being heterosexual...
hmmm...
You mean like the relationships topic, where smashers talk about their heterosexual relationships? We can also count the married smashers topic. They're probably talking about heterosexual relationships there too.

Yeah, your world where sexuality doesn't matter doesn't actually exist. Hell, if it did exist this topic would still be acceptable. We're a group of people with similar interests.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
A topic where people talk about being heterosexual...
hmmm...
You mean like the relationships topic, where smashers talk about their heterosexual relationships? We can also count the married smashers topic. They're probably talking about heterosexual relationships there too.

Yeah, your world where sexuality doesn't matter doesn't actually exist. Hell, if it did exist this topic would still be acceptable. We're a group of people with similar interests.
And I think both of those topics are equally odd for a forum about Smash.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Because being gay IS who they are and they still get prejudiced against.
Right, but if one wants to be treated equal why would one bother bringing it up? Making an "aclove" for a group of people only goes to say, "Hey, we're different." I might not be getting myself across clear but this topic makes it a point for those to express their sexuality, specifically homosexuality. Talking about relationships and marriages can happen in gay settings as well. Why make a topic about something which is, for the most part just groups a particular set of people on these boards? You can't talk about your same-sex attractions in those topics too?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I'm very happy to see this topic is being so open and friendly... with a couple of hiccups. ^_^;

I'm also one of the people that has been out of the closet for a while. 21 and I still have my... what is it... "v-card"? Such odd lingo, but oh well. Just waiting for the right guy, I suppose... and I main Peach and second Zelda, so there. :p

Sheepish

Smash Rookie
Right, but if one wants to be treated equal why would one bother bringing it up? Making an "aclove" for a group of people only goes to say, "Hey, we're different." I might not be getting myself across clear but this topic makes it a point for those to express their sexuality, specifically homosexuality. Talking about relationships and marriages can happen in gay settings as well. Why make a topic about something which is, for the most part just groups a particular set of people on these boards? You can't talk about your same-sex attractions in those topics too?
Either you're really thick, or you're just a subtle troll...
We want to be treated equally even though we're different, not pretend we're the same when we're not. Why is that difficult to understand? I'm sure most of us would have gladly joined the other topics, but it just doesn't work that way. There's probably a good number of people in those topics who don't want to hear about same sex relationships and would tell us to leave. This topic was probably made because we can't talk about our relationships in those topics.

Why aren't you in the other topics fervently trying to tell them to stop being different?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Right, but if one wants to be treated equal why would one bother bringing it up?
Because visibility makes people realize that there are actually gay people on here. Given that I've seen quite a few homophobic remarks on the boards...

And more generally, offline, because people often don't realize they know gay people. It's easier to remain bigoted when you don't really know any gay people. You can believe ridiculous lies about gay people if you don't know anything about them.
Making an "aclove" for a group of people only goes to say, "Hey, we're different." I might not be getting myself across clear but this topic makes it a point for those to express their sexuality, specifically homosexuality.
We are different. And being gay is not just about sex. There are issues and experiences that don't apply to straight people. Such as those posters here who have had to deal with homophobic parents.
Talking about relationships and marriages can happen in gay settings as well. Why make a topic about something which is, for the most part just groups a particular set of people on these boards? You can't talk about your same-sex attractions in those topics too?
Given how hard it was for some people to post in here, what makes you think they'd find it easier to post in a topic where they don't even know that there are necessarily any gay-friendly people?

ETA: apparently some people from here are posting in there anyway. But not all of the people in this thread are in relationships anyway (I'm not).

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Either you're really thick, or you're just a subtle troll...
We want to be treated equally even though we're different, not pretend we're the same when we're not. Why is that difficult to understand? I'm sure most of us would have gladly joined the other topics, but it just doesn't work that way. There's probably a good number of people in those topics who don't want to hear about same sex relationships and would tell us to leave. This topic was probably made because we can't talk about our relationships in those topics.

Why aren't you in the other topics fervently trying to tell them to stop being different?
Don't you think it is kind of thick headed to assume you wouldn't be accepted in a community without trying? It isn't difficult to understand, I'm just pointing out that it isn't necessary. SmashBoards isn't known for its homophobic members and if any give one a hard time, is that not what moderators are here for? And yes we are the same, minus the homophobia issue, overall one still deals with the same issues, relationship woes, the cute guy/girl in school/work, dates, etc. I think you think this topic was made because you've assumed you can't talked about these things in a relationship topic.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
@Misto Roboto:
First of all, I find you a very respectable member and if anything I say in this posts comes across as offensive, it's not meant that way.

Now, well, you say you wonder what's the point of making a thread like this?
Well, first off, it's the pool room. So people can make a thread like this simply because they can :p.

Also, I notice you're a very tolerant and accepting person but as mentioned before, your everyone-regardless-of-who-they-are-or-what-they-prefer loving world doesn't exist... It's simply not reality.
Hence, I would think gay people often feel pretty isolated.

Now, this thread is for smashers as well. Smashers who happen to be gay. And they simply want to know if there are others like them out there so they can get to know like-minded people with the same interests/preferences and know they are not the sole gay smasher out there.
So, in that way, it does relate to the smash community, and it's really a thread with a very social purpose.

Hope I got my point across :)

Now, as for myself. I'm a bisexual male (leaning more towards girls in my case though) and well, figured I could use this thread to just throw that out there. Don't really plan on talking about it too much outside of this thread (unless someone would directly ask me questions about it).
However, I have a friendly question for the gay people here in this thread.

I notice you all seem to be very open-minded, tolerant and liberal people and it's great to see that!
The first time I talked about being bisexual though was to a gay guy because I expected him to be understanding.
Surprisingly enough, he went all: "What? Dude, that's disgusting, that's sick! You either like guys or you like girls, make up your mind! Because what you're doing is just plain sick."

And actually, I've met/known quite a bit of gay guys who share a hatred against bisexuals as well.
You guys don't seem hateful at all, and that's really nice to know :) But I was just wondering... Where does that come from? How is it possible that there's gay guys, while being hated on by homophobes themselves and understand that pain, still hate on others who aren't like them?

Again, you guys all seem friendly to me, so I hope to get a friendly answer/debate on this :)

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I totally agree. I hear this argument all the time... that gay people should tone it down, or act like everybody else if they want to be accepted. I can't stand people who claim that they're accepting of homosexuality, but they don't want gays to be flamboyant or talk about their sex and relationships. Yet, the heterosexual lifestyle can be presented in life or in the media all the time with problem. Now I completely understand being straight is the majority, and I get that, but you have to have special channels like LOGO or see some random gay-themed MTV documentary to have the lifestlye in the media. And that isn't equality.

It took me three days to make this thread because I was so afraid that this would a huge crash-n-burn disaster; nothing but offensive flames and there wouldn't be any other gays or the mods would just close it. Turns out, the opposite happened and I couldn't be happier. Seriously, man, if you took the time to read all 24 pages (noting that this is only the fifth day it's been active) of this thread, you'd have to realize why it's important. I truly believe a lot of good has come out of this, and I believe many of you would agree.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Surprisingly enough, he went all: "What? Dude, that's disgusting, that's sick! You either like guys or you like girls, make up your mind! Because what you're doing is just plain sick."
That's strange.

Of course, I don't understand straight people who find gay sex disgusting, nor gay people who find straight sex disgusting. I don't really wanna have sex with a woman,, but the idea doesn't disgust me.
You guys don't seem hateful at all, and that's really nice to know :) But I was just wondering... Where does that come from? How is it possible that there's gay guys, while being hated on by homophobes themselves and understand that pain, still hate on others who aren't like them?
I think there's the fear that bisexuals:

1. are trying to hold on to straight privilege
2. will retreat from gay relationships and stick with the opposite sex when the going gets tough
3. will eventually settle down with someone of the opposite sex to start a family
4. can't be satisfied with someone of one sex, and must also have sex with the other gender sometimes i.e. they are "greedy" or "slutty"
5. are really just gay, but in denial about it (linked to 1) or are on a stepping stone to coming out as fully gay

There's some truth in #5... I told people I was bisexual before I admitted I was gay. But that's less of an issue as you get older, and are out for longer, etc. and it's by no means a reason to doubt that anyone is bi. It's no reason to hate - and I think you can only evaluate those things on an individual basis.

Like I dated this one guy who was bi, and he said he really wanted to have children. And he hinted at this also when discussing his current relationship with me (he's with a woman now). I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he probably wouldn't have committed to another man, because he wants to have children in the usual way. But I wouldn't think things like that about other bisexual people I know... I only think that because of the way he talked about that subject.

But at any rate, it's mostly silly. I don't really know many gay guys who seem to outright hate bisexuals... I know plenty who deny that bisexuals exist tho (they think they're all gay, or straights just pretending for attention).

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to be "normal" anyways?
I've been trying to live my entire life as "normal". Heck, I'm still at that point where I'd probably give up a lot that makes me who I am, just so I could be normal. For me, it's nice to think that other people's first thought of me is "that guy", rather than "that gay guy". I'm really bad for that...

I think you're grossly missing the point in this thread for most of us. This isn't a "We're here, we're queer" thread (if it were, I wouldn't bother posting). Many of us are having a hard time with our circumstances, and just want to talk to others who have gone through similar endeavours. Sure, it's nice to have straight people pop in and show support every now and again, but it's the stories the other guys here have to tell that keep me coming back.

And heck, you are right about the fact that no one should care here if I'm gay or straight. It's for that reason that the people on this forum are the only people on the planet who know I'm gay.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Seeing comments like "homosexuality is a mental problem" or "why do you need your own thread about this?" bothers me so much. Because this is just a semi-popular message board about a videogame... think about how much prejudice there is in the whole world. Roboto, when you say stuff like that, it makes me realize how much you just don't get it. Straight people will never truly understand what it's like being gay. Now, trust me, I'm not trying to be self-righteous or looking for pity... but I know there are hundreds of thousands of people right now in this world who hate me. People who condemn me to Hell, people who would literally kill me. They don't know me, they'll never meet me... but it doesn't matter. To them, I'm just a f@ggot and I'm less of a person because of it... (And I'm black, too. Hah, don't even get me started...)
I think you've completely missed my point. SmashBoards, as far as I've known it is an open-minded community and I can't imagine people would give you crap for talking about the same issues that all people deal with regardless of their sexuality. **** it, I hate it when people assume I don't get this because I won't hold a pity party for them. I'm talking about here, not the rest of the world. Furthermore, I do not think "homosexuality is a mental problem" nor do I care if anyone is gay. The fact you make it an issue about being gay is what is annoying. I'm saying I don't understand why in a community that, for the most part, appears to be open-minded, why you feel you have to make a thread about one's sexuality.

**** I'm not disagreeing about the good that comes from the topic. Would it kill you to actually explain yourself if you want someone to understand or are you too deep seated in this, 'no one can understand me' bit to think maybe someone might be trying to ask a legitimate question in order to understand other groups better.

I think you're grossly missing the point in this thread for most of us. This isn't a "We're here, we're queer" thread (if it were, I wouldn't bother posting). Many of us are having a hard time with our circumstances, and just want to talk to others who have gone through similar endeavours. Sure, it's nice to have straight people pop in and show support every now and again, but it's the stories the other guys here have to tell that keep me coming back.

And heck, you are right about the fact that no one should care here if I'm gay or straight. It's for that reason that the people on this forum are the only people on the planet who know I'm gay.
This is exactly was what I was asking, why is this so hard to get an answer for? I genuinely was asking this not out of any kind of bigotry or ignorance, it was merely out of curiosity so maybe I can understand it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom