• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I"ve never realized there were so many gay people on the boards... I thought i was a loner here. Anyways, it's nice to know there are others. :)

Well, my story...

It was around the 6th grade, 1st period math class. I decided to stay in my math class for 2nd period as well, since my math teacher was the only person in the whole school with cable television. :p

This was this boy, who I've had a crush on since I met him at the beginning of the school year. I was staring at him, then he turned around quickly. he asked me if I was staring at him, so I said "yeah..." and apologized. To my disbelief, he sits in the desk next to me. Mind you the math teacher left us two alone in there. (he went to the front office). He looked me in the eyes, and asked me if he could kiss me. It was very blunt, but I like honest guys ;). I agreed. I"m still his boyfriend now, and we're going strong (I'm a sophmore now)
that is awesome.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think i'm homophobicphobic

Or mainly i just think people that aren't entirely tolerant of other peoples races cultures and orientations should be forced to watch Barney the dinosaur and slapped with sausage until they don't utter a single word again

**** yeah unusual punishment for racism

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
that is awesome.
Wow..that was lucky! Thats great that you guys are still together. I hope for the best XD
Well I figured one could use the spoiler tag... but I don't wanna know anymore anyway. D=

Dammit malesretmit12 you're so lucky!! >.< I wish something like that would happen to me. <.< That sounds like a very sweet story.... ugh!! ;_; Now I'm jealous. <.<
Thanks, I found it lucky too. :p Who knew it would last so long? :laugh:

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
Wow. This is one thread that I didn't think I'd end up seeing. Maybe because I'm always in the gaming section of the site. lolz.

W/E.

I think it's totally cool that you started a thread about this. That's someone to look up to in my book. As I'm pretty sure you all know, that most LGBT are afraid to come out and be themselves because of society. I really like the fact that you took the time out and made this, even though I'm pretty sure it's a little old by now. lolz.

But all in all, I love you for it. lolz. And I too am a Smasher and proud to be gay. lolz.

I feel so empowered....lolz.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Wow. This is one thread that I didn't think I'd end up seeing. Maybe because I'm always in the gaming section of the site. lolz.

W/E.

I think it's totally cool that you started a thread about this. That's someone to look up to in my book. As I'm pretty sure you all know, that most LGBT are afraid to come out and be themselves because of society. I really like the fact that you took the time out and made this, even though I'm pretty sure it's a little old by now. lolz.

But all in all, I love you for it. lolz. And I too am a Smasher and proud to be gay. lolz.

I feel so empowered....lolz.
Heh, pleasure to make you acquaintance, Kiseki. Glad you came by and contributed to the thread. Oh, and nice avatar pic~

Somasu

Smash Ace
Mindgames :x

BTW, Sorry my last post was kinda.. explicit and all >_>; I tend to be REALLY open when it comes to my life's.. happenings.

Anyway, malesretmit12, I find it awesome at how you found your boyfriend :3 It's cute. I'm jealous. Wish I could find a boyfriend just like that. All the guys I end up liking are either straight, taken, or haven't comfortably come out, yet xP

Seiya - You live in Statesboro? :O Dude, we should totally meet up somehow to play some smash or.. something xP I think it'd be fun to make more friends like this =) Though, I've no clue how far Lawrenceville is from Statesboro xP

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
Heh, pleasure to make you acquaintance, Kiseki. Glad you came by and contributed to the thread. Oh, and nice avatar pic~
You're very welcome.

And I felt the same way about the avatar. Great minds think alike, but better minds think exactly the same. lolz.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Yay two new people in one page. Congrats on findinng a boyfriend at such a young age, lucky <_<

On a side not I am working on my own sig but have messed up a bit

Here it is :

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I disagree. If you really wish to close it, please PM me explaining your reasons because I see nothing wrong here.

If this is closed, I am closing the relationship topic.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I disagree. If you really wish to close it, please PM me explaining your reasons because I see nothing wrong here.

If this is closed, I am closing the relationship topic.
Thank you very much, Crimson King. I was fuming mad to see this thread closed for absolutely no good reason.

If moderators have a problem with what's going on in here, I would love to do anything I can to improve things and keep this thread alive. I don't have any authority over anybody, but I love this thread and I don't want to see it closed again.

[For example, there have been some explicit posts a few pages back. A moderator has already asked for that subject matter to be posted under spoiler text with a warning or just privately PM each other. I don't think the detailed accounts of what goes on in your bedroom should be so out in the open on SmashBoards.]

And thanks again, CK.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
Maybe we should have a mixer, but like, online. lolz.

One idea to keep this open for sure is for people to tell what/how they felt when they realized they were gay. this could get preeeeety interesting. lolz

i love meeting new people. make me happy.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Since it has been suggested, I guess I can talk about how I realized I was gay... it wasn't in a single moment. It was a gradual thing. I never really had much interest girls. So it was more of figuring out that I had an interest in guys. As I got around to middle school age I began to learn about sex and such... and as I continued my *ahem* activities with myself, I just gradually realized that it was more the guys who turned me on. When I finally admitted to myself that I was pretty much gay was when I developed a crush on one of my friends early in high school.

I guess you could say there was a specific moment there. We were at my house and he was on the computer and I was leaning over his shoulder. And I smelled the way he smelled (his hair, I guess?) and I got this urge to hug him, I guess. Or cuddle. Something like that.

But it wasn't as if that was the beginning of my realization, it was just a moment where I had to admit it wasn't just curiosity or something like that.

How different things are in college tho. If you get there, you'll find that there are a lot more gay guys around to befriend (and as romantic prospects, which can be a bit lacking in high school). I have lots of gay friends now. So if you're feeling isolated in your hometown, it'll get better in college.
I will admit, if I find a gay to be extremly femine I will shy away from meeting them. If they want to talk to me thats fine by me but I don't really want to go meeting the type of guy that is the main reason that I have to hide my sexuality (yah big thank you on that one).
Are you implying that the reason there is homophobia is because of flamboyant gays?

Cuz that's a load of BS. For one, there's nothing wrong with being feminine. Secondly, homophobes are never interested in having an accurate picture of what gays are like in the first place. They don't have their prejudices because of flamboyant gays, they have then because of sexism (sexism is why it's bad for a man not to be "manly"), religious condemnations of homosexuality, stereotypical and negative depictions of homosexuality in literature and so forth (which have mostly gone away nowadays, but were not uncommon just a decade or so ago).

Don't blame your situation on them - homophobes have no excuse. They could educate themselves but they don't. Effeminate gays are not going around telling people that this is how all gay people are, homophobes choose to believe that because it goes along with their pre-existing prejudices. And those prejudices include the idea that there's something wrong with being effeminate. Which there isn't.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For the sake of the boards, I'd like to keep the explicit level of anything to a minimum, remaining in spoiler tags and please don't veer too far off topic, ie stay on the homosexual topic, not other stuff. Otherwise, I can't see a reason to close this.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
This was this boy, who I've had a crush on since I met him at the beginning of the school year. I was staring at him, then he turned around quickly. he asked me if I was staring at him, so I said "yeah..." and apologized. To my disbelief, he sits in the desk next to me. Mind you the math teacher left us two alone in there. (he went to the front office). He looked me in the eyes, and asked me if he could kiss me. It was very blunt, but I like honest guys ;). I agreed. I"m still his boyfriend now, and we're going strong (I'm a sophmore now)
That is sinfully adorable :p . Why can't this happen more often? All the best to the two of you.

How different things are in college tho. If you get there, you'll find that there are a lot more gay guys around to befriend (and as romantic prospects, which can be a bit lacking in high school). I have lots of gay friends now. So if you're feeling isolated in your hometown, it'll get better in college.
No such luck with me. I only knew one gay guy from college (bar the multitude of fashion students I never spoke with [fashion students do not fraternize with film students, lol]). He wasn't really someone I'd like to hang out with though... He liked his mary j a little too much for me to be around.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Cuz that's a load of BS. For one, there's nothing wrong with being feminine. Secondly, homophobes are never interested in having an accurate picture of what gays are like in the first place. They don't have their prejudices because of flamboyant gays, they have then because of sexism (sexism is why it's bad for a man not to be "manly"), religious condemnations of homosexuality, stereotypical and negative depictions of homosexuality in literature and so forth (which have mostly gone away nowadays, but were not uncommon just a decade or so ago).

Don't blame your situation on them - homophobes have no excuse. They could educate themselves but they don't. Effeminate gays are not going around telling people that this is how all gay people are, homophobes choose to believe that because it goes along with their pre-existing prejudices. And those prejudices include the idea that there's something wrong with being effeminate. Which there isn't.

I guess you do have a point, the only one group of people that we can actuslly blame for alot of hte "hiding in the closet" is the homophobes themselves. people in my town are mainly afraid that(and my teach said this quote, she was defendng all the gay people in the closet) if you talk to a gay person the "gay will jump on you". I wanted to laugh so hard because she was right. If I was to come out in my high-school I would have only a few people talking to me. People would think that if they talked to me that automatically made them gay; which it never did and never will ._. Ignorance sure is bliss.

It gut me fuming last night whenever this topic got closed; why not close the Married Smashers topic as well they have 3 times less in pages and post. This just added onto the fact that my favorite thread was closed on my B-Day.

Yay I am now 17 ;)!!

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Mindgames :x

BTW, Sorry my last post was kinda.. explicit and all >_>; I tend to be REALLY open when it comes to my life's.. happenings.

Anyway, malesretmit12, I find it awesome at how you found your boyfriend :3 It's cute. I'm jealous. Wish I could find a boyfriend just like that. All the guys I end up liking are either straight, taken, or haven't comfortably come out, yet xP

Seiya - You live in Statesboro? :O Dude, we should totally meet up somehow to play some smash or.. something xP I think it'd be fun to make more friends like this =) Though, I've no clue how far Lawrenceville is from Statesboro xP
XD. Yah! Google maps thing says 3 hours ish apart >.>

So like I go to bed and come back to see that this thread was almost closed? Wow..but as long as it's still open, I'm happy. I knew we were getting a little explict in this thread! XD

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
It may not be as good as most peoples; but it is mine my sig has been completed. I am going to try and make a better version of this one. As you can tell it is kinda blocky and because I saved this last night then finished today I did not get to work correctly on the layers

W00T! *goes back to work* -_-

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
It may not be as good as most peoples; but it is mine my sig has been completed. I am going to try and make a better version of this one. As you can tell it is kinda blocky and because I saved this last night then finished today I did not get to work correctly on the layers

W00T! *goes back to work* -_-
Rockin' sig, Mr. Loser and have a happy seventeenth~

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I meant to make a serious point in here but had to post earlier with a funny, but...
I don't see the point of gay smashers introducing themselves as gay. I would find it equally odd if heterosexual smashers made a topic saying they were heterosexual. No one should care whether your gay, straight, bi, trans. If one does not want to be judge based or pre-judged based on their sexuality, it should not even be an issue to be brought up.
I hate to sound like a downcaster, but heteros have it lucky. If you haven't read the history texbooks, gay and bi people were and are still shunned everywhere around the world.

Its nice to find new company. Usually, its lonesome for a lot of people like us [not me fortunately and everyone here has a friend in me too ;) ] but in general. A community shows us that we are people too, and we are decent and strong individuals too. We have stories to share. We are people who support SSBB and we are gay/bisexual and that gives us confidence to live our lives still.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Well this one was alot quicker. I think I like it better, here we go.

1st Sig-

2nd Sig-

Which one do you guys like better (boy am I going off topic for this thread sorry <_<)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I may very well be looking at this in a wrong light then. I know there are a lot of people who are ultra-conservative and have strong intolerance to gay people and even atheists too. I assumed for the most part that SmashBoards didn't really appeal to those kind of people and thus I assumed those of homosexual orientation had no reason to be concerned here.

*Here I am as a debater:

To present my case, Smashboards is a free environment and many people play video games. We can't assume everyone who plays Super Smash Brawl is liberal. This is shown as true due to evidence of how I found hate comments about bi/gay people on the other threads. This is not America, this is the internet. People from all over the world come here to chat. Everyone has a free opinion, unfortunately some of those opinions are hateful and primitive.

Homosexuals and bisexuals can't go around talking freely on the other threads because there is still chances of harrassment. The moderators here are cool but not all of them are optimistic as everyone believes they are. We have the right to be concerned so its safer to post here instead where we know this thread IS regulated and INDEED we know there are others like us. We are humans after all and unfortunately, thats why there is an unlikely chance equality will arrive until everyone is opened to how sexuality works. Its not always about monogamy as seen in Mormons. Its not always seen as arranged marriages or in open marriages. We are becoming more optimistic about the world and thats some credit to human beings in general. The world is changing though and hopefully we will come so far from now. Thank you.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
gay people are shunned because they are freaks and all need to be dumbed on an island and nuked.

heteros are not lucky, they are just normal

I would have been fine with just that last part. It is true but why did you need to say the part before it. We are not freaks we have one difference between us. We like the same sex-you like the opposite sex.

Putting us on an island and nuking us won't help. You do realise we are not a cult of people hiring others into a group nor we are not a disease. Are "ideals" will not die along with us. If you was to nuke us all then the next generation will grow up with homesexuals just as the ones before it We are not disappearing ,we are not going to be killed off, because unlike a race we can be anyone. So STFU and GTFO; it would be more probable and favorable to gather the people like yourself and shoot you down one by one (its safer for the envirment)

K Thx Bai

On a much Lighter Note: I am up to 50 post now :p

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Ugh I hate going to bed and missing soo many posts! I don't even know where to start XD The first gay guy I ever met was flamboyant. I mean he LOVES Broadway musicals. Since he was like the first one and actually lives close to me, I got head over heels and fell for him. Calling him constantly and checking myspace for him. >.< Now I'm like "Why did I do that?" Because I was desperate. I was tired being lonely and I wanted someone to talk to and like hug :X

I think that was on topic XD

Hello. You met me this week. You've come a real long way from being desperate dude (oh I say dude because I'm a California guy-its my lingo XD )

(I also say sheila and cheerio and hola and all other global stuff because I'm multi-lingual)

Anyway, yeah...why do Broadway musicals have to be grouped with gays/bi all the time. I enjoy them ocassionally but I don't worship it.

I'm glad in today's age, gay and bi people are jumping ship from the stereotypes and are fitting more better into every day lives...we're still not at "normal" but we're heading there.

The first gay people I knew were from jr. high but they never acknowledged it until high school-thats what my best friend tells me because she goes to the same school with them-but everyone knew about it back then since they were so flamboyant or so dreary and "defensive". Unfortunately, I was still naive back then and didn't know how to help others when I had so much to bear (I come from an Asian family and it was a lot of pressure back then but I'm more free now since I decided to be myself for once and not concern my entire life around studies and life has never been better.)

*These are my choices for attraction:
(This goes back to a post from earlier so I'm replying back.) - I'm a man's man. Or a girl's guy. I prefer guys who are masculine and are charismatic. I think flamboyant guys are cool, and have maybe more balls than most guys in public, but I'm not attracted to them that way. I'm also attracted to girls who want a guy, because I'm a guy, nothing more. I can't help that I'm bi. I can't choose just one (I'm not a ***** since I've never been on a date date before) but I'm attracted to both. That's how it is. Don't judge me because I am what I am. I know some gay people dislike bisexuals for what we say.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I would have been fine with just that last part. It is true but why did you need to say the part before it. We are not freaks we have one difference between us. We like the same sex-you like the opposite sex.

Putting us on an island and nuking us won't help. You do realise we are not a cult of people hiring others into a group nor we are not a disease. Are "ideals" will not die along with us. If you was to nuke us all then the next generation will grow up with homesexuals just as the ones before it We are not disappearing ,we are not going to be killed off, because unlike a race we can be anyone. So STFU and GTFO; it would be more probable and favorable to gather the people like yourself and shoot you down one by one (its safer for the envirment)

K Thx Bai
i could start a major flame war here, but i don't wanna be banned so ill just STFU now....

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
holy ****, how did I miss this thread?

interesting fact: the top 3 peach players in the state of texas (Xelic, myself, and Smiles) are all gay.

Though those other two are awful at being gay. I have to remind them about things like haircuts and shaving. =\

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I don't really need to know what that stuff is... just a little curious... I mean do you swa.... ehem. @_@ I mean... ugh these questions aren't easy to ask, I guess I'll just stay ignorant about this subject. ^^;
Momo ask me away if you want a private conversation. I won't go all graphic but I'm studying to become a doctor and I'm great at talking about health issues and psychology so fire it away. XD

That was funny to say lol. I'm such a goofball. XP

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I guess you do have a point, the only one group of people that we can actuslly blame for alot of hte "hiding in the closet" is the homophobes themselves. people in my town are mainly afraid that(and my teach said this quote, she was defendng all the gay people in the closet) if you talk to a gay person the "gay will jump on you". I wanted to laugh so hard because she was right. If I was to come out in my high-school I would have only a few people talking to me. People would think that if they talked to me that automatically made them gay; which it never did and never will ._. Ignorance sure is bliss.

It gut me fuming last night whenever this topic got closed; why not close the Married Smashers topic as well they have 3 times less in pages and post. This just added onto the fact that my favorite thread was closed on my B-Day.

Yay I am now 17 ;)!!
Happy Birthday dude. (I'm a Cali dude-its my background to say dude)

17...wow...your getting older lol. I'm kidding around.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
holy ****, how did I miss this thread?

interesting fact: the top 3 peach players in the state of texas (Xelic, myself, and Smiles) are all gay.

Though those other two are awful at being gay. I have to remind them about things like haircuts and shaving. =\
You guys know each other. Wow.

Haha...shaving...gay/bi people don't have to be hygenic as most people stereotype us for though. Its cool to grow a beard. On the hair side...thats you and them to talk about...

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman

K Thx Bai

On a much Lighter Note: I am up to 50 post now :p
he's a troll, just ignore him.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yes, stay on topic.

Joeysmash, hopefully you left, but if you did not, doesn't flame. Homosexuality is genetic and homophobia is just a sign that you are a closest homosexual.

What do gay people do to hurt you? Nothing. I see nothing wrong with them myself and I am completely straight.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Homosexuality is genetic and homophobia is just a sign that you are a closest homosexual.
Christ, I don't have any issues with homosexuals, but this (specifically the last part) strikes me as just as dumb as saying all gay people choose to be gay. I suppose the takeaway message here is you're supposed to be ashamed if you're a closet homosexual? Or does it just fit your world view that no one could possibly disagree with you and have an issue with homosexuals, so if they pretend to it's just because they're ashamed of being gay themselves? I admit that I haven't been following this thread, but if you're going to make those kinds of claims, the least you could do is back it up.

As a moderation note (and I hate to overload this thread with them), please note that posting explicit material is not permitted on SWF, spoilered or not. I'm not going to go back and warn people for doing it, but contrary to what you might have read up to now, we don't allow it.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Changing topics...how's everyone's weekend going?
Absolutely terrible. Still little to no contacts with my mates, while they're off
****ing each other raw.
I feel really excluded and unloved, they won't answer their phones or text messages or MySpace messages. Grrr. I've cried just about every day since the 21st because of this. They said they'd talk to me, and then...nothing. They've rarely logged on, and when they do it's at like 4 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom