• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I made this thread akin to the recent Married Smashers thread. The Smash World Forums is a place with a great and diverse community with many different kind of people, so maybe this could help bring together other LGBT people in Smash community. I'm not sure how this'll turn out or what will be discussed. (School life, home life, coming out, relationships, LGBT rights, etc.) [And hopefully this isn't flame-bait. Please be nice.]

As was said before, it's hard to come out in a environment like this; a bunch of high school to college-aged gamers, but personally I think it would be neat to find and chat with other people who share two similar important qualities; being LGBT and a love for Super Smash Bros. So yeah, I don't know if it'll be popular; if it isn't, it'll just get buried in the doldrums, but I'd thought I give it a try anyways.

King ReMO

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just to remind people, any epithets aimed at homosexuals, but also any aimed at hetrosexuals, which I am just guessing there are some.

Other than that, have fun. There will be no flaming here. We are pretty understanding.

Blackadder

Smash Master
While I'm not gay, I really think it'd be great to hear of some.
I know of two gay Smashers on SWF, and they're both cool guys.

I'd kinda just like to second what Crimson said, as I'm sure most of SWF is really understanding. :)

Let the games begin!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hiya, I'm in a relationship with another male and have been for almost two years. My sexual attraction has always been to men, but I think I could consider myself Bisexual. I lean so much though that a lot of people consider me Gay, and although that used to bother me, I've come to accept it.

I love my boyfriend very much. He and I don't live together yet, but we practically do. *laugh* I may be moving in for a bit with him in February, but I have to go home to GA for Back Surgery most likely... and we'll be apart for a year. I'm veryu frightened pf this sepperation, as I'm not sure how things will work out.

I'll also be living with my family again... Only my biological mother knows about my boyfriend. She's very supportive. My mom (I was adopted by my Grandmother and call her mom) and the rest of my family don't know... and my mom has... strong... strong and mean feelings towards that. She'd disown me for sure. I've got past history to prove it.

I exist because my Biological mother married just to get out of the house and away from here. The marriage, obviously didn't work out... But I'm glad to be here. When my biological mother finally came out as being lesbian mom drained almost all the money out of her account, was very cruel to her, and tried many times to force her to "Seek Help". She slandered her and other things as well, making life very hard and nearly driving her to suicide... I don't know if she'd make the same mistake again with me... but I don't want to find out.

I can't even tell my Gay cousin who just got married to his boyfriend about my life because he keeps a secret like a strainer holds water. :/

So, after being out of the closet for essentially two and a half years now... Around April of Next year I'll probably be moving back in. v_v

Bleh.

Anyways, to tie myself into Smash --

Myself, I play as Fox because I LOVE Fox as a character. He was my first male crush back when I was younger too. *laugh* I also play as Falco, Peach, Marth, and Jigglypuff. Occasionally Gannondorf. I am not the greatest, but I love tournaments and playing by tournament rules. I play casually a lot too, but I prefer one on one, no items matches. I do however, enjoy playing on many banned stages when practicing, though I can't do many of the things that make them banned in the first place, so I feel its ok. (Waveshining people off the stage for instance.)

My boyfriend plays casually period. He makes fun of me and my desire to play competitively, but doesn't do it maliciously much. He opposite to me in several things when it comes to smash brothers, and sometimes he annoys me, so I don't like playing Smash with him TOO often... :/ However when we do Smash he plays as Yoshi amost exclusively, and sometimes Ice Climbers and Pikachu.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Hiya, I'm in a relationship with another male and have been for almost two years. My sexual attraction has always been to men, but I think I could consider myself Bisexual. I lean so much though that a lot of people consider me Gay, and although that used to bother me, I've come to accept it.

I love my boyfriend very much. He and I don't live together yet, but we practically do. *laugh* I may be moving in for a bit with him in February, but I have to go home to GA for Back Surgery most likely... and we'll be apart for a year. I'm veryu frightened pf this sepperation, as I'm not sure how things will work out.

I'll also be living with my family again... Only my biological mother knows about my boyfriend. She's very supportive. My mom (I was adopted by my Grandmother and call her mom) and the rest of my family don't know... and my mom has... strong... strong and mean feelings towards that. She'd disown me for sure. I've got past history to prove it.

I exist because my Biological mother married just to get out of the house and away from here. The marriage, obviously didn't work out... But I'm glad to be here. When my biological mother finally came out as being lesbian mom drained almost all the money out of her account, was very cruel to her, and tried many times to force her to "Seek Help". She slandered her and other things as well, making life very hard and nearly driving her to suicide... I don't know if she'd make the same mistake again with me... but I don't want to find out.

I can't even tell my Gay cousin who just got married to his boyfriend about my life because he keeps a secret like a strainer holds water. :/

So, after being out of the closet for essentially two and a half years now... Around April of Next year I'll probably be moving back in. v_v

Bleh.

Anyways, to tie myself into Smash --

Myself, I play as Fox because I LOVE Fox as a character. He was my first male crush back when I was younger too. *laugh* I also play as Falco, Peach, Marth, and Jigglypuff. Occasionally Gannondorf. I am not the greatest, but I love tournaments and playing by tournament rules. I play casually a lot too, but I prefer one on one, no items matches. I do however, enjoy playing on many banned stages when practicing, though I can't do many of the things that make them banned in the first place, so I feel its ok. (Waveshining people off the stage for instance.)

My boyfriend plays casually period. He makes fun of me and my desire to play competitively, but doesn't do it maliciously much. He opposite to me in several things when it comes to smash brothers, and sometimes he annoys me, so I don't like playing Smash with him TOO often... :/ However when we do Smash he plays as Yoshi amost exclusively, and sometimes Ice Climbers and Pikachu.
OMG.....did you do a plastic surgery?
my sister did she is soooo cute she has a boyfriend well so am i........but this is kind of weird

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
my sister did she is soooo cute she has a boyfriend well so am i........but this is kind of weird
I don't get what you mean, at all.

DarkFur, your story confuses me, but from what it sounds, it must be hell. I never really thought how gay kids would have to deal with their parents not accepting them. I'd have no problem if my kids are gay, as long as they are healthy, have fun.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Ah, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, DarkFur. But out of curiosity, how did your cousin's wedding work out? I'm assuming something happened between him and your immediate family?

>_________________<

jaej

Smash Journeyman
I won't go so far as to say 'gay people are cool', because I don't think all gay people are cool. I certainly have no problem with it; that's your business and as far as I'm concerned, you can go at it. I do think lots of gay people are annoying though. Some are cool, no doubt: I only know one now, and until I knew he was gay he didn't seem gay at all. And lesbians, rock on :).

The end to a pointless post.

Edit: yeah man darkfur, that **** blows. hope it works out

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I don't get what you mean, at all.

DarkFur, your story confuses me, but from what it sounds, it must be hell. I never really thought how gay kids would have to deal with their parents not accepting them. I'd have no problem if my kids are gay, as long as they are healthy, have fun.
you don't know what is a plastic surgery?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This sounds like a bad idea. I have no problem with gay people but immature asshats [like my friends] say stuff like "kill the gays" and make threats against them. You can go ahead but you'll have to look out for jerks looking to spoil your fun.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Umm... I'm... confused? Are you asking if I had a sex change?

I've never had surgery before. I'll probably be going in for some for my back, but that's to fuse vertabrae, not to change my appearance. Asside from a bit of flub, I'm happy with the way I look, and VERY VERY VERY VERY happy with my... male organs. I wouldn't give those up for anything. D:

Heh, its only fair. :) I had a ton of gay friends in high school. You guys are cool. ;)
I'm really glad you feel that way Sugarpoultry. You sounded like a good person on SMYN, and I'm glad it's true. ^_^ Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd heard some rumors about you having said things and one time that were a bit mean. =( Whether they were true or not doesn't matter though, because I think you are cool and don't want to think otherwise. =p Female Smashers = Rare. And cool Female Smashers = even rarer.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, DarkFur. But out of curiosity, how did your cousin's wedding work out? I'm assuming something happened between him and your immediate family?

>_________________<
I don't know... I don't think everyone in the family actually knows about it yet to be honest. Plus, I suppose he's kind of considered the Black sheep of the family... I'm fortunate to be in the know so to speak.

-----

Also, just to clarrify, I fit only a handful of stereotypes that one would apply to Gay people. For example, I am all about musicals and Disney. =p However, despite that you'd never know I like men unless you got really close to me. I'm modest and don't hit on people. I've found myself in some pretty embarassing situations growing up. *cough* Gym Showers *cough* And I've also found myself lusting at the thought of one or two friends of mine that deffinitley don't swing that way. But I am happily mated, so to speak, and even if they weren't straight I wouldn't run off with them and leave my love High and Dry. I'mvery devoted, and try not to be shallow. :D

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
ok i have absolutely no problem with Gay/Lesbians! but i dont get how guys can be gay...girls i understand! for one reason. GIRLS ARE FREAKIN HOTT(well some) guys are just nasty! im not gay. i will get along with you fine if you dont hit on me.

i dont get what this means... your sister had plastic surgery, and now you are going to?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
A. It's just plastic surgery, omit the "a".
B. I know what it is, I just haven't a clue what that had to do with the topic or why you mentioned your sister.
Umm... I'm... confused? Are you asking if I had a sex change?

I've never had surgery before. I'll probably be going in for some for my back, but that's to fuse vertabrae, not to change my appearance. Asside from a bit of flub, I'm happy with the way I look, and VERY VERY VERY VERY happy with my... male organs. I wouldn't give those up for anything. D:

I'm really glad you feel that way Sugarpoultry. You sounded like a good person on SMYN, and I'm glad it's true. ^_^ Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd heard some rumors about you having said things and one time that were a bit mean. =( Whether they were true or not doesn't matter though, because I think you are cool and don't want to think otherwise. =p Female Smashers = Rare. And cool Female Smashers = even rarer.

I don't know... I don't think everyone in the family actually knows about it yet to be honest. Plus, I suppose he's kind of considered the Black sheep of the family... I'm fortunate to be in the know so to speak.

-----

Also, just to clarrify, I fit only a handful of stereotypes that one would apply to Gay people. For example, I am all about musicals and Disney. =p However, despite that you'd never know I like men unless you got really close to me. I'm modest and don't hit on people. I've found myself in some pretty embarassing situations growing up. *cough* Gym Showers *cough* And I've also found myself lusting at the thought of one or two friends of mine that deffinitley don't swing that way. But I am happily mated, so to speak, and even if they weren't straight I wouldn't run off with them and leave my love High and Dry. I'mvery devoted, and try not to be shallow. :D
ok i have absolutely no problem with Gay/Lesbians! but i dont get how guys can be gay...girls i understand! for one reason. GIRLS ARE FREAKIN HOTT(well some) guys are just nasty! im not gay. i will get along with you fine if you dont hit on me.

i dont get what this means... your sister had plastic surgery, and now you are going to?
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Cinder

Smash Master
This sounds like a bad idea. I have no problem with gay people but immature asshats [like my friends] say stuff like "kill the gays" and make threats against them. You can go ahead but you'll have to look out for jerks looking to spoil your fun.
I think CK made it pretty clear that there won't be any flaming in here...

To be on topic, I am not gay...but I fully support gay rights...I have many gay friends, and I can't stand gay bashing...but since I'm straight, I won't interfere with you guys...so, best wishes to all of you, and it's great to know that you are happy the way you are :) That's all you can ever ask of people...to be happy...

Miharu

Smash Hero
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
Um.

More like, what's wrong with you? You're obviously prejudiced against gays or something of the sort.

What the ****? That has to be one of the most blatantly ignorant statements that I've seen in a while. I'm assuming you're a guy, and to be honest, most guys do like lesbians (right?). The same probably can't be said for females and gay men, but that's probably due to how men/women in general think and perceive differently.

Just think about your line of thought when girls say "_______ is so cute/hot/etc." What's your response? Nothing really, since you're not sexually attracted to men. It may be bag logic on my part, but I'm just putting a hypothesis out there.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Um.

More like, what's wrong with you? You're obviously prejudiced against gays or something of the sort.

What the ****? That has to be one of the most blatantly ignorant statements that I've seen in a while. I'm assuming you're a guy, and to be honest, most guys do like lesbians (right?). The same probably can't be said for females and gay men, but that's probably due to how men/women in general think and perceive differently.

Just think about your line of thought when girls say "_______ is so cute/hot/etc." What's your response? Nothing really, since you're not sexually attracted to men. It may be bag logic on my part, but I'm just putting a hypothesis out there.
nop i like Gays because my friends are gay they help me when i chose my clothes and my
lip gloss,make up and what ever........they are handy;)

second we were talking about plastic surgery

Miharu

Smash Hero
nop i like Gays because my friends are gay they help me when i chose my clothes and my
lip gloss,make up and what ever........they are handy;)

second we were talking about plastic surgery
So you only accept gays because they have something worth taking? >_>

And no, only you were talking about plastic surgery. It had nothing to do with this topic whatsoever.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Heh, its only fair. :) I had a ton of gay friends in high school. You guys are cool. ;)
...:)
That made me smile in real life, Poultry.
I have to say, I originaly saw you on the 'That's so gay" thread saying that you feel gay people "Need to improve themselves" or something.
I guess I immediatly felt you outright hated gays.

Sorry for that assumption. :(
But thanks for proving me wrong there. :)

And I have no idea what the heck Peach777 is on about. >_>

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
...:)
That made me smile in real life, Poultry.
I have to say, I originaly saw you on the 'That's so gay" thread saying that you feel gay people "Need to improve themselves" or something.
I guess I immediatly felt you outright hated gays.

Sorry for that assumption. :(
But thanks for proving me wrong there. :)

And I have no idea what the heck Peach777 is on about. >_>
HELLOOOO........i'm talking about Plastic surgery duh

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
I'm gay...had a boyfriend since the end of October.
Everyone apart from my family knows...and although I don't think that my parents would act unreasonably, I Think it's a good idea to leave it till I move out...

Miharu

Smash Hero
whatever....then don't reply:p
723 posts in less than a month? That's amusing. And unlike some others with high post counts, odds are you just go off topic and spam all the topics that you feel are relevant to you.

You really think that you're that important, eh. Make another topic, or PM me, and I'll be glad to continue from there. But for now, I'll refrain from spamming the OP's topic with useless garbage.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
723 posts in less than a month? That's amusing. And unlike some others with high post counts, odds are you just go off topic and spam all the topics that you feel are relevant to you.

You really think that you're that important, eh. Make another topic, or PM me, and I'll be glad to continue from there. But for now, I'll refrain from spamming the OP's topic with useless garbage.
i don't get the OP thingy?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Darkfur, I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. I know all too well about not-so-understanding family members. That must be hard being in a long, commited relationship and being able to share that with your family. It's not easy to change people's sensibilities about this topic, but hopefully things work out for you soon.

And, heh, it seems I'm pretty similar to what you said. My favorite movie is The Lion King and I'm listening to the Wicked soundtrack right now. And I'm not stranger to embarrassing situations or unfortunately crushing on friends of mine; very hetero friends of mine... Ah, the life of the lonely high school gay kid. Not happily mated, though. Oh well, 'sure it'll happen sooner or later.

There is so much wrong is this statement. I really hope our society matures to a point where people don't make comments like this anymore. I guess it stems from a much bigger debate, whether sexuality is formed from nature or nurture. I believe I was born this way, and it can't be changed. It's completely normal, just like you liking girls. And lastly, gay guys don't just hit on every guy they meet. That's just silly. At sixteen, I think you should be mature enough to understand this and learn to be truly accepting of everyone.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Darkfur, I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. I know all too well about not-so-understanding family members. That must be hard being in a long, commited relationship and being able to share that with your family. It's not easy to change people's sensibilities about this topic, but hopefully things work out for you soon.

And, heh, it seems I'm pretty similar to what you said. My favorite movie is The Lion King and I'm listening to the Wicked soundtrack right now. And I'm not stranger to embarrassing situations or unfortunately crushing on friends of mine; very hetero friends of mine... Ah, the life of the lonely high school gay kid. Not happily mated, though. Oh well, 'sure it'll happen sooner or later.

There is so much wrong is this statement. I really hope our society matures to a point where people don't make comments like this anymore. I guess it stems from a much bigger debate, whether sexuality is formed from nature or nurture. I believe I was born this way, and it can't be changed. It's completely normal, just like you liking girls. And lastly, gay guys don't just hit on every guy they meet. That's just silly. At sixteen, I think you should be mature enough to understand this and learn to be truly accepting of everyone.
wow you are such a good person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom