• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I would like to apologize for the recent posts put up by "joeysmash" these posts were not by the real joeysmash though, but by my little brother andrew.

You see, i leave myself logged into smashboards because i own my own personal laptap. Recently, along with many other websites, my brother attempted to destroy my reputations by post objectional and completly unnesecary comments.

I am now in the process of changing my password and making it so i must log in on every visit.

To anyone offended by recent comments or posts in this thread i offer an apology.

Thank you for listening and hopefully believing me.

Yours in Christ
joeysmash

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
It's okay joeysmash. ^^ I'm glad you said so and apologized instead of just ignoring it too. =3

I seem to miss a lot in this thread as well though... but whatever... and I'll be sure not to ask anymore weird questions... though... I didn't fully ask them before but now I'll just stay away from those subjects completely. =P

Oh and my weekend is just peachy, I mean I SHOULD be working on homework but I still have a few more days to worry about that stuff... in fact it's not even due when I go back to school, I can put it off until next week if I want. ^^;

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hey everyone, sorry for not posting in a while. I skimmed through things and am going to say a few things.

First, my visit to Soma's was great. My straight friend was there too, and we played smash brothers a lot. Soma kept winning, but we held are own several times! At night, Soma and I got to have a nice discussion about our sexuality. He's cute. =p I'll not tease him beyond that, but whats life without a little teasing from your friends?

Anyways, to the comment about the v-card. I just want to say that I will answer without going into explicit detail. I lost mine the night I met my boyfriend face to face for the first time. We'd been together for about half a year, and when I finally flew to Texas to meet him, things happened. I will say this though, to Momo [I think it was] I understand very well the embarassment and nercousness you feel.

You see, before I went to see my boyfriend I was very very nervous. I talked to a friend of mind I called Big Fox for the longest time, asking him questions and everything. Embarassing and sometimes gross questions too. I just wanted to extend the offer, if you want to ask me anything at all, I'll try and answer as seriously and helpfully as I can to give you insight. Just PM me sometime, or contact me on AIM.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, sorry for not posting in a while. I skimmed through things and am going to say a few things.

First, my visit to Soma's was great. My straight friend was there too, and we played smash brothers a lot. Soma kept winning, but we held are own several times! At night, Soma and I got to have a nice discussion about our sexuality. He's cute. =p I'll not tease him beyond that, but whats life without a little teasing from your friends?

Anyways, to the comment about the v-card. I just want to say that I will answer without going into explicit detail. I lost mine the night I met my boyfriend face to face for the first time. We'd been together for about half a year, and when I finally flew to Texas to meet him, things happened. I will say this though, to Momo [I think it was] I understand very well the embarassment and nercousness you feel.

You see, before I went to see my boyfriend I was very very nervous. I talked to a friend of mind I called Big Fox for the longest time, asking him questions and everything. Embarassing and sometimes gross questions too. I just wanted to extend the offer, if you want to ask me anything at all, I'll try and answer as seriously and helpfully as I can to give you insight. Just PM me sometime, or contact me on AIM.
I will! I might need some help =\ I bet I would be nervous seeing my boyfriend for the first time. But of course, I"m not getting one anytime soon with all these straight guys here.. -sighs-

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, glad I found this thread, Im bi, well, actually, pansexual, hard to explain, anyway, do you have any other "gaymer" friends??? Alot of my gay/bi friends play smash, but just one of them is good at it, I still kick his *** always.
At my city we had a smash tournament, , im pretty masculine, but the day I went to the tournament everybody was wearing "geeky" clothes, black clothing and black clothing with anime/videogames stuff on it, and I was wearing a pink shirt, they looked at me like i was the newbie around and even some guy, the first one I got to fight to, said to his brother "watch me beat the new guy", I loved the looked on their face when they saw me just kicking their butts and not being able to do anything against me, it was pretty easy.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any gay friends in general. ...Or friends, really. Oh well.

And yeah, meeting people from the internet in general is pretty nerve-wrecking. :/ I wasn't sure I'd come out of there alive, with my heart feeling the way it was.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I don't have any gay friends in general. ...Or friends, really. Oh well.

And yeah, meeting people from the internet in general is pretty nerve-wrecking. :/ I wasn't sure I'd come out of there alive, with my heart feeling the way it was.
lolz. i really don't have any gay friend either. i'm acquaintences w/ them, but we rarely ever talk. the only other gay guy i was really friends w/ graduated last year. maybe if we all started being nice to each other, we'd obviously get along a lot better in my school.

you know what, when we get back from break, i'm gonna make it a point to, at least, try to make friends with more gay ppl at my school, that way i don't feel so.....whatever i feel anymore. lolz.

oh yeah, and meeting ppl on the net is a little...for a lack of better words, dumb.

To Catch A Predator, much?

Somasu

Smash Ace
*blushes at Dark's latest post* >_>;

Even though I don't have much experience in things such as sexuality, you guys should still all AIM or PM me just for the hell of it :D

Yaaaay chatting

Anyway, since the topic of "How you found out" has been mentioned before, I might as well tell my story =P

It basically happened through middle school for me. As I was going through puberty, I started feeling... different than other people. I was noticing guys a lot more than I used to. I was an ignorant child and had no idea what kind of feelings or whatever I could've been having, so I just kinda brushed it off. I knew about homosexuality thanks to my ever-so-Christian parents rasing me like they were sinners, but I had no idea what actual homosexual attraction (or any kind of attraction in general) would feel like.

I eventually became friends with this guy in one of my classes whom I had become the greatest of friends with. We always ate lunch together, hung out at each others houses, and just had a lot of fun together. Eventually, I started feeling more and more like I wanted to be with him all the time. I was always happy when next to him, but sad when I wasn't. I kept thinking about him, and even dreamt about him. I eventually learned what attraction was like... and thought that that was what I felt. I almost hated myself for it. My parents always taught me that it was "wrong" to feel this way about the same sex, so I had always thought that I was doing a bad thing. There was no doubt about it, though.. I had feelings for him.. even if I didn't want to.

There was then this one night where he was staying over at my place. We were tired, and decided to put in a movie whilst we laid in my bed to go to sleep. (We slept in the same bed, since it's the only one in my room and all...) As we were lying there... it was quiet. Neither of us spoke until just before I was about to fall asleep... where he said "Hey Tommy..." I woke up, looked at him, asked what he wanted and he responds with "...can I hug you?" I... didn't know how to feel. All I could do was nod yes, which got a "really?" response by him.... so... we did a cute, quick little hug, and I went back to lying down. He smiled, lied back down for a few more seconds.. and then, out of nowhere, he grabs me again and gives me the tightest hug I think I've ever recieved.. and it wasn't just any hug, it was one of those "I really wanted this hug" kind of hugs...

It was at that moment that I realized that what I felt was really a crush. I wanted nothing more to be with him. I couldn't deny it anymore. I was gay, or at the very least bi.

...Almost angers me that I didn't do or say anything about what happened to the guy after that night. I went on as if nothing had happened on the outside... Of course, on the inside, I wanted to find out more about what could happen between he and I. It was probably my parents' religious 'teachings' that made me say nothing.. but still.

It didn't take me long after that to find out that there was nothing wrong with my sexuality, but I did consider myself as bi.. until I had a relationship with a woman that never felt quite 'right'. Then I dated this guy for about a month, which felt much more satisfying than the one with the woman did, thus making me realize and accept that I'm just gay and that there's nothing I can do about it.

And that's it, really ^_^; *blush* Hehe.. I'm always a bit embarrassed to talk about that

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
oh yeah, and meeting ppl on the net is a little...for a lack of better words, dumb.

I'd just like to point out, that you need to use common sense and lots of things on the internet. Preadatore do exist but aren't as common as you may think.

I stand as an example. I met my boyfriend online, and we've been happy since. Now we live in the same town, and are usually together, despite having sepperate apartments.
We knew each other from about... late december to the end of March before we started dating. Then another three or four months passed before we met up the first time. Then about six months past before we met up the second time, Then after being in a relationship for just under a year and a half he started college at ASU and we are together.

Another example is my friend Adam who met his mate online. The two of them are happily living in Oregon now. Two years of a relationship online and they just now moved intogether. They are very happy.

The important thing is not to rush meeting up, and not to rush into the relationship. Just be vigilant of yourself as well as the other party as the line between paranoid and careful isn't always so noticeable.

--

And to Soma, that is incredibly adorable, and you should win a cuteness award. ^_^

You should see if you can find the guy again. I don't really care for Myspace and Facebook... but I'd be lieing if I said they werent a couple of the best places to go to look for old friends.

P.S.- XD Sorry about that, looks like we posted near the same time.

Somasu

Smash Ace

Not nessesarily =P

I met Darkfur online, and he's become one of my closest and most trustworthy of friends. I've met him in real life twice now, as well.

And I don't think I need to even mention his boyfriend whom he also met online.

Curses, Dark D: You moved my previous post to the bottom of the last page ;-;

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace

Even though I don't have much experience in things such as sexuality, you guys should still all AIM or PM me just for the hell of it :D

There was then this one night where he was staying over at my place. We were tired, and decided to put in a movie whilst we laid in my bed to go to sleep. (We slept in the same bed, since it's the only one in my room and all...) As we were lying there... it was quiet. Neither of us spoke until just before I was about to fall asleep... where he said "Hey Tommy..." I woke up, looked at him, asked what he wanted and he responds with "...can I hug you?" I... didn't know how to feel. All I could do was nod yes, which got a "really?" response by him.... so... we did a cute, quick little hug, and I went back to lying down. He smiled, lied back down for a few more seconds.. and then, out of nowhere, he grabs me again and gives me the tightest hug I think I've ever recieved.. and it wasn't just any hug, it was one of those "I really wanted this hug" kind of hugs...
What the!? ANOTHER cute story? =O Man I feel so boring and lonely now. *crawls to a nearby corner*

btw I'm on AIM, so I'll just add your usernames onto my list. ^^

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
man its thing like this that make me wish i could find me a boyfriend >_< *pouts* lucky people

Well both me and momo are lonely xD

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to join the "that was sooo adorable" club and say that that's one of the cutest things I've heard in a long while. Almost got me teary eyed ;) .

EDIT: w00t! Same post count as ReMo (100) when I posted this :p

EDIT2: I'll be adding people on AIM in a minute...

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
That´s just amazing, made me want to have a bfgf
Hey, I have an idea, lest list how many gay/bi smashers are here and make a directory, :p, or at least share emails, mine is solrac_krad@hotmail.com, add me!!!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
To reiterate, and the fact that it was brought up for discussion, any explicit content SHOULD NOT be posted on the boards. Also, it'd be really cool if all you who did went back and edited your posts with it to insure us from getting in trouble, but that'd be more of a favor.

Kirby King said:
Christ, I don't have any issues with homosexuals, but this (specifically the last part) strikes me as just as dumb as saying all gay people choose to be gay. I suppose the takeaway message here is you're supposed to be ashamed if you're a closet homosexual? Or does it just fit your world view that no one could possibly disagree with you and have an issue with homosexuals, so if they pretend to it's just because they're ashamed of being gay themselves? I admit that I haven't been following this thread, but if you're going to make those kinds of claims, the least you could do is back it up.
It's a defense mechanism. Homosexuality scares the hell out of homophobic men because they believe that since, for the most part, guys want to sleep with any attractive woman they can, that gay guys would do the same with other men and might in turn, make them gay and if it is in fact not a choice, maybe they were always gay. It's an outward display of confused feelings that they have internally which they do not want to confront. Racists hate a certain race because they view them as inferior due to skin color and the fact they might be better than them at a task. Same with sexism. All of the "-isms" are outward displays of inadequacy and confusion.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
In all the cases I've met people on the internet offline, I've always asked for some kind of proof. A picture holding up their username or something like that works good. It's also rather easy to tell...the predators are creepy as all ****. While watching To Catch a Predator, I always wonder how in the world these guys on there aren't in jail yet, mostly due to being so ****ing obvious and creepy.

xxLinkGodxx

Smash Cadet
Edit- LOL JK this was a huge joke

I was waiting for you to reply to just screw with you

I actually hate gays and think this thread should be closed! GG

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I... wasn't going to say this, but I will. I may as well add in a story now. Maybe another later.

When I was going through school, I always knew I was different somehow. I never liked any girls anything past admiration. I never quite thought of them as anything but friends, and that was even with a lot of friends of mine being girls. If any of them liked me, I honestly didn't know, and didn't care to know. I always figured I was just waiting for the right person, ya know?

Well, during this time I developed more interests with guys. I always got along so well with girls, but guys were another story. While I did get along with them, there was a part of me that seemed to gravitate toward them more and more, and I didn't quite understand it. I tried not to pay attention to that, either, but unlike what was going on with girls, I just couldn't get some guys out of my mind for one reason or another. Me and my innocence thought it was admiration, or just wishing I had had a different life like theirs.

Another interest, which is relevant to this story, was in Japanese. I caught on quick, and go figure that most, if not all of my friends were in this class, boy and girl alike. I caught on quickly, like the rest of my class were, and our teacher told us of something called Japan Bowl. One misleading trip to where we were gathering later, and I went to this my first time in my junior year of high school. This trip changed my life and rocked my world.

Fastforward to the final round. My team is winning every round so far, and it's looking good for us. We go up against a team from Clarkson... and... lose. But that's because the other team already had all the questions in a previous round. I'd normally have been furious, but there was one person that caught my eye. His name was Richard. I don't know what it was, but I was drawn to him faster than anyone before. We had a lot in common, and at the end of the day, we exchanged ways to keep in touch. We kept in touch for a while... and eventually found we had feelings deeper than friends with each other.

This scared me. I didn't know I was gay, and here I was, falling for a guy. I didn't know how to act, react, who to tell, who not to tell... and he guided me through it. I thought at first I might be bi, but slowly as our relationship, though long-distance(hour apart and neither of us could drive at the time), I found out I was gay completely. Though the relationship ended suddenly... I got my first kiss and the discovery of who I am. I haven't looked back since, and all because of one chance meeting.

There... that's my story. Coming out was a completely different one, but that one is a bit more... personal. Needless to say, my friends and family were pretty accepting of it once the shock died down, but I'll go into more detail if people want me to.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to point out, that you need to use common sense and lots of things on the internet. Preadatore do exist but aren't as common as you may think.

I stand as an example. I met my boyfriend online, and we've been happy since. Now we live in the same town, and are usually together, despite having sepperate apartments.
We knew each other from about... late december to the end of March before we started dating. Then another three or four months passed before we met up the first time. Then about six months past before we met up the second time, Then after being in a relationship for just under a year and a half he started college at ASU and we are together.

Another example is my friend Adam who met his mate online. The two of them are happily living in Oregon now. Two years of a relationship online and they just now moved intogether. They are very happy.

The important thing is not to rush meeting up, and not to rush into the relationship. Just be vigilant of yourself as well as the other party as the line between paranoid and careful isn't always so noticeable.

--

And to Soma, that is incredibly adorable, and you should win a cuteness award. ^_^

You should see if you can find the guy again. I don't really care for Myspace and Facebook... but I'd be lieing if I said they werent a couple of the best places to go to look for old friends.

P.S.- XD Sorry about that, looks like we posted near the same time.
Not nessesarily =P

I met Darkfur online, and he's become one of my closest and most trustworthy of friends. I've met him in real life twice now, as well.

And I don't think I need to even mention his boyfriend whom he also met online.

Curses, Dark D: You moved my previous post to the bottom of the last page ;-;

well, you guys are right. i've met some pretty decent people on the internet before, but not in any way to be romantic. i just like meeting new people from anywhere i've never been and talk about pretty random things whenever i get the chance.

I'm sorry if I offended you guys in any way.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet

Yaaaay chatting

Anyway, since the topic of "How you found out" has been mentioned before, I might as well tell my story =P

It basically happened through middle school for me. As I was going through puberty, I started feeling... different than other people. I was noticing guys a lot more than I used to. I was an ignorant child and had no idea what kind of feelings or whatever I could've been having, so I just kinda brushed it off. I knew about homosexuality thanks to my ever-so-Christian parents rasing me like they were sinners, but I had no idea what actual homosexual attraction (or any kind of attraction in general) would feel like.

I eventually became friends with this guy in one of my classes whom I had become the greatest of friends with. We always ate lunch together, hung out at each others houses, and just had a lot of fun together. Eventually, I started feeling more and more like I wanted to be with him all the time. I was always happy when next to him, but sad when I wasn't. I kept thinking about him, and even dreamt about him. I eventually learned what attraction was like... and thought that that was what I felt. I almost hated myself for it. My parents always taught me that it was "wrong" to feel this way about the same sex, so I had always thought that I was doing a bad thing. There was no doubt about it, though.. I had feelings for him.. even if I didn't want to.

It was at that moment that I realized that what I felt was really a crush. I wanted nothing more to be with him. I couldn't deny it anymore. I was gay, or at the very least bi.

...Almost angers me that I didn't do or say anything about what happened to the guy after that night. I went on as if nothing had happened on the outside... Of course, on the inside, I wanted to find out more about what could happen between he and I. It was probably my parents' religious 'teachings' that made me say nothing.. but still.

It didn't take me long after that to find out that there was nothing wrong with my sexuality, but I did consider myself as bi.. until I had a relationship with a woman that never felt quite 'right'. Then I dated this guy for about a month, which felt much more satisfying than the one with the woman did, thus making me realize and accept that I'm just gay and that there's nothing I can do about it.

And that's it, really ^_^; *blush* Hehe.. I'm always a bit embarrassed to talk about that

what the hell man. you guys have like, the cutetest stories ever. mine's suskcs compared to all of yours. lolz.

but anyway, this was back in early November I think. I was riding the late bus home from school one day, I was sitting with my friends having a good time and all and this boy out of nowhere comes in joins the conversation, which we where ok with because we like to hear funny stories and laugh about stupid things like any teenager would. I thought that this guys was really cute and glad he decided to talk to us. But I had no chance with him, right?

So it was about an hour later (it takes a while to get home) my friends have already gotten off of the bus. It was just me, him, and a few other people in the back. So he turns to me and re-introduces himself and I did the same, then we started talking about something else. He then begins to ask me a question, but hesitates. So I'm all 'what did you want to say?' being the ****** that I am, and he's still shy, not telling me what he wanted to. so finally after some prying, I finally got him to admit that he liked me. He said that he liked me ever since he first saw in school a couple of weeks before we had officially met. I thought it was the cutetest thing and agreed to go out with him. But unfortuneatly, he moved away shortly after that , we still talk, but only as friends.

I do still think about him though. Could it be genuine love? There's also this one other boy that I like who's a little curious about the whole thing. I met him last year through a friend. We he found out I was gay, the prospect of us being together was implied but never really touched uopn. We do still talk also, but are a little more intimate like touchy sorta whenever we're together. what should I do about this one?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Gaaaah! This thread is almost maddening with all the cuteness! I can't believe the luck you guys all have with people almost "falling in your lap" ;) .

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
As much as I like to keep this open, you guys can't keep breaking rules. This topic can easily be shut down at a moment's notice due to:

Off-topic posting
Double posting
Triple Posting (lumber-something)
Explicit Content *Major one*

I hate to shut you guys down, but the rules are the rules. Last chance, guys.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Alright, in an effort to keep this thread kosher and open, here's another topic. Does anyone have GSA (gay-straight alliance) organizations in their high schools? Or gay youth student groups in college? Or maybe wanted to start one yourself?

I tried to start a GSA in my senior year. It didn't really get off the ground. It was hard finding people to help start it up, including a teacher required to be a sponsor. Though, I hear some student are still trying to make it happen which is nice. I know my coming out in high school would've been much smoother if I had a group like this to be apart of.

I've recently joined GLOBAL, the gay student group at my college. They are pretty active; doing stuff like fund-raisers for the Human Right Campaign, activities during National Coming Out week, and get-togethers when the Houston Pride Festival comes up. Also, every week, they go out to a local Houston hotspot or eatery and just hang out. I think it'll be a nice way to meet other gay people in my school, something I didn't have in high school, unfortunately.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright, in an effort to keep this thread kosher and open, here's another topic. Does anyone have GSA (gay-straight alliance) organizations in their high schools? Or gay youth student groups in college? Or maybe wanted to start one yourself?

I tried to start a GSA in my senior year. It didn't really get off the ground. It was hard finding people to help start it up, including a teacher required to be a sponsor. Though, I hear some student are still trying to make it happen which is nice. I know my coming out in high school would've been much smoother if I had a group like this to be apart of.

I've recently joined GLOBAL, the gay student group at my college. They are pretty active; doing stuff like fund-raisers for the Human Right Campaign, activities during National Coming Out week, and get-togethers when the Houston Pride Festival comes up. Also, every week, they go out to a local Houston hotspot or eatery and just hang out. I think it'll be a nice way to meet other gay people in my school, something I didn't have in high school, unfortunately.
They started one at my college and the Westboro Baptist came and protested, marched in opposition on all the churches, etc. Then the group collapsed due to lack of interest because I live in an extremely small city with a small number of gay people anyway.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Aha, finally, a topic.

Anywho, there is a GSA in my college at CMU. I was a part of it since I came up here to college, and there's a... decent amount of people there. I'm thinking of no longer going, though, because while it's nice to have political stuff every once in a while... it just seems to not have the right feel to it. I think there's too much focus on it, and not enough about being. You know. Normal people. It's hard to explain, really.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Some students at my school tried to start a GSA, but the principle refused. Doubt they'll try it again.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Mikey, long time no see ^^;

How are you nowadays?

To everyone else: Howdy doody, I've been out to my parents for a couple of months, but I've been out to everyone online for a couple of years now.

I believe we made a thread like this before in the brawl discussion room (Roughly a year ago), but due to incessant flaming from other users it was closed down. Let's hope this doesn't go the same way <3

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
One of my gay friends tried to start one. Well he tried to get people together on facebook and ask if anybody knew any teachers that would sponsor and if the principal would accept. He didn't try to talk to the principal yet..I think >.< Besides that, on facebook some students at my high school started a Straight-Straight alliance facebook group. XD boy was it funny seeing some reactions.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
My school has one. It was started by a teacher who once made fun of one of his teachers because he was gay. He opened it because he eventually found that he was in the wrong and believes that Srt8/Gay/Bi/Les people should co-exist w/o all of the negativness. it's very diverse in a way.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mikey, long time no see ^^;

How are you nowadays?

To everyone else: Howdy doody, I've been out to my parents for a couple of months, but I've been out to everyone online for a couple of years now.

I believe we made a thread like this before in the brawl discussion room (Roughly a year ago), but due to incessant flaming from other users it was closed down. Let's hope this doesn't go the same way <3
Are you really an Asian person? Anyway...back to topic...they don't have one at my school due to it being for independent scholars. However, I'm planning to transfer later next semester and my best friend said there is a program like that at the school. I'm hoping to join it and be a big part of the projects involved with the club.

Sorry for the triple posts. I didn't know what they were until I saw what I've been doing. There isn't an FAQ about it. (Well I couldn't find knowledge about it)

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Got it. Thanks RyokoYaksa. No more infractions for me. :)

Also, what are we going to talk about now here. This isn't a chatroom anymore is it? Is this just a sob story/how we came out thread now?

Well...here's my story. I knew I liked guys when I saw "A Beautiful Thing" when I was 11 and that was when I realized my sexuality was open. I questioned if I was gay or straight still after but not as much. When I saw "The Sleeping Dictionary" though, it hit me that Jessica Alba did indeed turned me on. As you can imagine, boy was it weird in my pre-teens. Luckily, puberty didn't make me a testerone crazed person and I was a good listener instead of talker. Hard to believe huh? I listened to my friends and what they told me. I had friends who knew they were gay and who knew they were straight during elementary so it was all pandemodium in my head. Fortunately, I made the choice that guys and girls did turn me on. I'm happily being bisexual and I hope none of you judged me for liking both genders. I want to fall in love, but gender doesn't mean much to me as you see. I'd be content and bless I found someone to share my life with, whether it was a guy or a girl.

To the misconception of bisexuals being "whores," I haven't even had my first kiss yet so please don't say I am. I'm still getting used to talking to a community about my sexuality and I thank you all for making me feel welcome and accepted here.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
but anyway, this was back in early November I think. I was riding the late bus home from school one day, I was sitting with my friends having a good time and all and this boy out of nowhere comes in joins the conversation, which we where ok with because we like to hear funny stories and laugh about stupid things like any teenager would. I thought that this guys was really cute and glad he decided to talk to us. But I had no chance with him, right?

So it was about an hour later (it takes a while to get home) my friends have already gotten off of the bus. It was just me, him, and a few other people in the back. So he turns to me and re-introduces himself and I did the same, then we started talking about something else. He then begins to ask me a question, but hesitates. So I'm all 'what did you want to say?' being the ****** that I am, and he's still shy, not telling me what he wanted to. so finally after some prying, I finally got him to admit that he liked me. He said that he liked me ever since he first saw in school a couple of weeks before we had officially met. I thought it was the cutetest thing and agreed to go out with him. But unfortuneatly, he moved away shortly after that , we still talk, but only as friends.
It's a bummer when someone you finally find out likes you or that you like mutually feels the same way, only to see them go. I had that problem once in Highschool... Twice if you count the girl I had WANTED to take to prom said she'd have gone with me if I'd asked. I worked with her and her school was far away so I'd ruled it out. However, it's great that you still talk as friends. You should never let that die.

I do still think about him though. Could it be genuine love? There's also this one other boy that I like who's a little curious about the whole thing. I met him last year through a friend. We he found out I was gay, the prospect of us being together was implied but never really touched uopn. We do still talk also, but are a little more intimate like touchy sorta whenever we're together. what should I do about this one?
Well, are you starting to feel a romantic attraction to him as well as a physical one? Cuddling is nice, but how would you feel if he was in trouble? For example, what if he became ill or paralyzed or something. Would the feelings you have make you feel responsible for his well being? Mostly, things like that may develop over time, but do you think the way things are moving that they are moving in that direction?

--

As to the Gay Straight Alliance topic... My school never had one, nor ever tried to start one. It was highly hated in my HS, and I even found out that many of my friends were severe homophobes. Including a girl I'd considered my best friend for the longest time. When she made this offhanded comment about gays to me once, it about broke my heart.

My college doesn't have many groups, but I plan to go to ASU within the next year or so, and I really want to join something there. Another group you guys should all look into is the Human Rights Campaign. I participate as much as I can with them, and subscribed to there newsletter. It keeps me informed of various situations, bills that are relevant to us, and other things in the news. I highly reccomend looking up the HRC.

--

As an update to my current self.

I recently met my straight friend's roommate, who is gay ( I may have mentioned this. I introduced him to smashboards so he may even be reading this now. If so, I hope me talking about it doesnt bother you, and also *wavies*). now, I'd spoken to him before, but not much, and this was the first time I'd seen him face to face. After a rather eventful night [His car got stuck in the mud, and we had to call a friend to pull him out. Kind of a frightening time I suppose, but it all turned out great, and I think events like that build strong friendships.] And a lot of Smash Brothers, he and I talked about our relationships, sexuality, Religious views, past, coming out, and current situations. It was very nice, and I don't remember having that fulfilling of a face to face conversation in a very very long time.

Also, in other news... My friend I spoke of earlier in this thread. The one I was worried I'd manipulated and such. I just found out today that he's back living in his old house with his family... He also works at a nearby gas station. I was thinking of giving him a call tommorow, and maybe trying to meet up this week... But, I don't know if I'd be able to talk to him about what was bothering me, especially with his family there. I douby I could just pull him aside without someone there getting curious. :/

Jammer

Smash Lord
Some students at my school tried to start a GSA, but the principle refused. Doubt they'll try it again.
Wow, that could probably go to the Supreme Court if it's a public school. I'm not joking. In fact, it's probably already law that properly-formed GSAs in public schools cannot be banned/harassed, and must be treated like other clubs.

We've always had GSA at my high school. We even had a support system for gay kids in my middle school (you could talk to a teacher who had a rainbow sticker on their door, which was probably about 80% of them). But I live in the northeast United States. Is it different down south?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, I've discovered last night that I don't like being outnumbered by gay guys.

I have my three gay friends that I see about every day, and I can hang out with them for hours and not feel uncomfortable at all. It's because I know all three of them really well. Anyway, they had a bunch of gay friends over last night, and the ratio went from 1:1, to 5:1 in their favor. (The other few straight guys left to do some errands before they all came over.)

It was like the world totally flip flopped. I felt left out, and I didn't want to chime in on any of their conversations. They all went hot tubbing, but I decided to stay and talk to my friend that lives across the hall in another apartment. I didn't want to be the only straight guy amongst five gay guys in a hot tub... especially since they've all had past experiences with each other and stuff, it'd just be awkward, ya know?

I can't imagine how it is for you guys feeling outnumbered all the time. Maybe you guys get used to it after a while-- but it couldn't have been easy if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom