• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let’s Make Fighter’s Pass 3: A Mini-Creation Thread

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm gonna resubmit mine for this job only, and pick a new character next time.
Job 1: Space Invaders
View attachment 321947
There's little to no chance you won't know who these little monsters are. As one of gaming's oldest icons, the Space Invaders are often seen as symbols of video games in general, and have even served as the inspiration for thousands of other games. They are even older than Smash's current two oldest fighters. So, how would they play?
View attachment 321940
You will control the UFO. It looks exactly like its retro, pixelated sprite, only it's rendered in 3D. Basically, imagine if it was made out of cubes. The UFO is a very floaty and lightweight character, who is roughly as wide as Kirby (and about half his height).
View attachment 321948
Over the course of battle, the UFO will summon the Invaders themselves to use as minions, similarly to Olimar. However, the UFO often uses the Invaders as meatshields (pixelshields?) as well as weapons.
View attachment 321949
And for their Final Smash, the Invaders could summon this thing, the monster seen on the original game's arcade cabinet.

So why should the Invaders join Smash? Well, to put it simply, they are incredibly iconic and important to the gaming industry. Plus, they would also be an excellent choice for a retro game representative, which Ultimate hasn't actually provided us with so far.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay then, the moveset of Perkilator Perkilator wins this job! Now with that done, I think it’s time to finish up the Crash Bandicoot challenger pack. Now let’s move onto the next one…

Job #18: Submit A Character For Challenger Pack 13
Simply submit the character you think we should add for Challenger Pack 13. Submit a character, how they would work, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate.

It’s fine for your post to be a resubmission but I would prefer and would strongly reccomend submitting an original idea.
To be clear, are characters who are Mii costumes or assist trophies in Smash Ultimate already ruled out? (I'm assuming that they are, but I want to be sure)

Either way, I'll submit a character who really seems like one that should have been in Smash Bros. by now...

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

How would he work?

Smash Bros. lends itself well to characters who originate from 2D platformers (ex. Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus, etc.), action games (ex. Bayonetta), and fighting games (ex. Ryu, Ken, Terry) in terms of making the transition from their original games into Smash Bros., and Ryu Hayabusa happens to represent all three genres, between his NES titles, the more modern Ninja Gaiden games, and Dead or Alive, respectively. In addition to his Dragon Sword, he has a wide variety of melee weapons, tools, and ninpo techniques to work with. I could see him being speedy (he's a ninja - it tends to come with the territory) but very light (both for balancing reasons and to reflect the infamous difficulty of his series), though I feel like it's best to leave gameplay specifics for when we get to the moveset.

However, he would have a ton of material to work with - the NES games may only give him a few options (a standing and crouching attack, two air attacks, and some specials), but between the lengthy movesets of the 3D games (with each weapon having a lot of attacks to work with) and his bare-handed fighting style in Dead or Alive, he's got no shortage of moves. Also, he has an easy choice for an alternate skin with his classic outfit.

Why him?

Ryu Hayabusa has history with Nintendo stretching back to the NES days, and is the quintessential ninja in video games. Koei-Tecmo's had a close relationship with Nintendo, especially in recent years (they were involved with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Fire Emblem: Three Houses), and while I'm not the type to get into games that are known to be difficult (the only one in this series that I've played is NG3: Razor's Edge on the Wii U, and that was only after I heard that it was the easiest one), he seems like an easily justifiable pick and the most obvious choice for Koei-Tecmo as a whole.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Challenger Pack #13:
Clippit (Microsoft Office/Microsoft Windows)

A sort of 3rd party Wii Fit Trainer equivalent, Clippit (AKA Clippy) would use shapeshifting and different elements of the Windows UI to fight. There is certainly enough content to make a Spirit Board and music list if you know where to look. While Clippit is indeed not a video game character, he exists in a similar grey area in the context of Smash as the Wii Fit Trainer, Cooking Guide, and Pictochat as he is part of technology and Windows has a long history of being bundled with games.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #18: Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
CBFA0A98-2405-4832-8AB5-886B536D67CB.png

Who?
Metal Sonic is one of the most iconic characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. After many failures, Dr. Eggman created his version of Sonic to finally destroy that blue hedgehog and created Eggman Land. Metal Sonic was built to copy all of Sonic’s moves and use them against him. He is seen by many as Dr. Eggman’s greatest creation.
He first appeared in Sonic CD, as one of the main bosses. He kidnapped Amy and raced Sonic on Stardust Speedway to see who was faster. After Sonic CD, Sonic and Metal Sonic have raced many times, with Sonic always winning. In Sonic Heroes, he got a huge chance to shine again. Metal Sonic betrayed Dr. Eggman and decided to defeat Sonic and his friends by himself. He transformed himself into Neo Metal Sonic to copy everyone’s data. After copying everyone’s data, Metal Sonic turned into Metal Madness and eventually Metal Overload to try and defeat everyone. Sadly for Metal Sonic, he was defeated and destroyed at the end of the game.

Moveset Potential?
Metal Sonic could use his speed, spin dash, spin attack, homing attack from copying Sonic. He could fill in the gap for Sonic’s missing moves. He could use his sharp claws to slash opponents. He could shoot out his plasma pulse laser from from Sonic the Fighters. He could use his black shield from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle to shield himself. Metal Sonic could also have an ability to analyze a fighter to copy a move from them, similar to Sonic Heroes. Metal Sonic’s final smash could have him turn into Metal Overload and fire out projectiles.

Why?
Sonic the Hedgehog is definitely the most longest, popular, and well-known game series in Smash to not have another rep in the series. Sonic fans have been begging Sakurai and Nintendo to add another rep into the game. The Sonic series could definitely use another stage, spirits (like for Dr. Eggman’s badniks), more iconic songs, Mii costumes, etc. Tails, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, and Knuckles are always the most requested Sonic picks out there, but there is another, Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic goes unnoticed a lot, but he has a decent sized fanbase. Metal Sonic is considered one of the best villains in the Sonic series. Metal Sonic could be a surprise addition, to keep up the unexpected reveals for Smash.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright then, I’ll finish this job but before I’m going to make my own submission:

Arle (Puyo Puyo)
The main protagonist of the Puyo Puyo series, Arle would be a great way to represent puzzle games, which would give her a pretty unique moveset. Her series is also gradually getting more popular in the west so it would make sense to add her in a game like this.

So, here are your options for Job #8. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only vote for your own submission in second or third place:

Perkilator Perkilator Sora
Paraster Paraster Quote
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Space Invader
Megadoomer Megadoomer Ryu Hayabusa
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Clippit
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Metal Sonic
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Arle

My votes:
1. Hayabusa
2. Quote
3. Metal Sonic

Also Megadoomer Megadoomer characters who are assist trophies aren’t deconfirmed for this thread but DLC mii costumes are

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Just a thought: what are we gonna do if we decide on a character for this, but then that character actually gets into Smash? Will we just replace them here?
The Smash Infinite thread has a policy for scenarios like this: the fighter that was added to Ultimate is replaced with the next runner-up in the poll that fighter won.

For example, if Sora got #1 in this vote and Quote got #2, but Sora ended up being CP11, Quote would replace Sora as CP13. This seems like the best course of action to me.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do fighters disconfirm other reps for their companies? So, say, Space Invaders would disconfirm Geno, Clippit would disconfirm Master Chief, Arle would disconfirm Eggman, so on? Excluding Nintendo characters at least.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Just a thought: what are we gonna do if we decide on a character for this, but then that character actually gets into Smash? Will we just replace them here?
If that ever happens we’ll go with the second most voted character. However if we have most of the content done for a character we’ll probably just quickly finish up the challenger pack before the character gets added for fun and then re-do the pack.

Do fighters disconfirm other reps for their companies? So, say, Space Invaders would disconfirm Geno, Clippit would disconfirm Master Chief, Arle would disconfirm Eggman, so on? Excluding Nintendo characters at least.
I’ll go with no for the sake of making this thread more fun and giving us some options. So we can have multiple characters per company.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the voting:

Sora 11
Quote 8
Space Invader 10
Ryu Hayabusa 5
Clippit 3
Metal Sonic 6
Arle 5

That means Challenger Pack 13 will be Sora! Now let's move onto the next job

Job #19: Submit a Stage for Sora
Simply submit an idea for a stage and a layout for the stage.

By the way, Disney characters most likely won't be allowed anywhere in this challenger pack. Sorry.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Not even the KH versions of Donald and Goofy?
Yeah I don't think we would be able to add them as stage cameos or spirits. Referencing/alluding to them would be fine though.

Will music made specifically for non-KH Disney brand games be permitted? (DuckTales moon theme for example) If not, I'll probably skip out on Sora content.
Sorry but no it wouldn't really be permitted. See you next challenger pack then.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yeah I don't think we would be able to add them as stage cameos or spirits. Referencing/alluding to them would be fine though.
Alright, then.

Job #19: Sora's Stage
Game of Origin: Kingdom Hearts (2002)

Layout: Takes place in Sora’s Station of Awakening; the stage is completely flat, similar to Final Destination except you’re fighting on a giant cylinder. Seems simple, right?

Gimmicks and Hazards: Well, this stage comes with a twist; you’ll occasionally see projections of several KH-original worlds.
  1. Destiny Islands; the bridge near the paopu fruit tree
    1. Cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi
  2. Castle Oblivion; a seemingly empty room full of doors that take you to random parts of the stage
    1. Cameo by Naminé
  3. Twilight Town; the top of the train station’s clock tower
    1. Cameos by Roxas, Axel and Xion
  4. Land of Departure; A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain
    1. Cameos by Aqua, Terra and Ventus
  5. Keyblade Graveyard; A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (20%, medium knockback)
    1. Cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω Form is based on the Station’s floor. The Battlefield platforms are based on the stairs that appear in KH2.

They probably wouldn't use the version with Donald and Goofy on it, but that could probably be helped by making a Smash-original interpretation.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Twilight Town

This stage would have 3 block platforms that are separated from each other and the 2 on the edge or taller than the the middle one.

In the background you can see the large Clock Tower and after a while it gets destroyed and replaced with a Darkside

When darkside is out a platform will be destroyed.

A while after that Darkside will disappear and the stage will reset.

Characters will appear on the stage, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, Namine and Roxas, Xion and Axel will appear on the stage itself.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Hollow Bastion

The layout is pretty simple. You play on a few of those blue “islands” overlooked by Hollow Bastion. There are a couple of platforms to make the layout more interesting but it’s pretty simple. Also we may not be able to get Disney characters as but we can have Final Fantasy characters as cameos! I imagine Aerith, Cid, Squall and Yuffie could cameo to reference the hollow bastion restoration committee and Cloud and Sephiroth could cameo if they’re not in play.

I’ll continue this job for about a couple more hours.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is a pretty tough one - all three of them seem like they'd work.

1. Station of Awakening
2. Hollow Bastion

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sure.
Station of Awakening 7
Twilight Town 7
Hollow Bastion 11

So that means stage were going to add is Hollow Bastion! Now onto the next job:

Job #10: Submit A Kingdom Hearts Spirit Board
Simply submit the spirit board you think we should include for Sora. You don’t have to decide the battles unless you really want to, so all you need to submit is a list of spirits. There is a limit of 15 spirits for this job.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #10: KH Spirits
Sora (KH3).png Sora (KINGDOM HEARTS III) (KINGDOM HEARTS)
(Artwork: KINGDOM HEARTS III)

Fighter Spirit; earned by
  • Clearing Classic Mode as Sora
  • Buying from the Shop
Sora (KH2).png Sora (KINGDOM HEARTS II) (KINGDOM HEARTS)
(Artwork: KINGDOM HEARTS II)

Fighter Spirit; earned by
  • Buying from the Shop
Shadow (Kingdom Hearts).png 1. Shadow (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Class: ★
Type: Support (Attack)
Cost: ⬡
Effect: Easier Dodging
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultgnw:x13 (default)
    • Reinforcements: Giant :ultkirby: x7 (Color 8)
  • Stage: Hollow Bastion
  • Music Track: Battlefield - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Match: Stamina (5HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy is occasionally invisible
Riku.png 2. Riku (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Class: ★★★
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Critical-Health Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Sora
    • Minion: :ultmario: (Color 4)
  • Stage: Hallow Bastion Ω
  • Music Track: X vs Zero
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy (Sora) starts the battle with a Rage Blaster
    • The enemy (Sora) has significantly increased attack power when badly damaged
Kairi.png 3. Kairi (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Class: ★★
Type: Primary (Shield)
Effect: N/A
  • Puppet Fighter: Sora x3
  • Stage: Hollow Bastion
  • Music Track: Attack - Soma Bringer
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy heals significantly when badly damaged
Naminé.png 4. Naminé (KINGDOM HEARTS: Chain of Memories)

Type: Support (Shield)
Effect: Slumber Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultrosalina: (Color 8)
  • Stage: Living Room (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Engage the Enemy
  • Hazard: Slumber Floor
  • Conditions:
    • You constantly take minor damage
    • The enemy tends to avoid conflict
    • The floor is sleep-inducing
Lea.png 5. Lea (KINGDOM HEARTS: Chain of Memories)

Type: Primary (Grab)
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Fire Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultroy: (Color 2)
  • Stage: :norfair: Ω
  • Music: Boss Battle Song 1
  • Item: Soccer Ball
  • Hazard: Lava Floor
  • Conditions:
    • The floor is lava
    • The enemy’s fire/explosion have increased power
    • Fire/explosion attacks aren’t as effective against the enemy
Marluxia.png 6. Marluxia (KINGDOM HEARTS: Chain of Memories)

Type: Support (Grab)
Effect: Death’s Scythe Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultcorrinf: (Color 6)
    • Minion: :ultsheik: (Color 7)
  • Stage: :castlesiege: (Throne Room)
  • Music: Fatal Blooms in Moonlight
  • Match: Timed (1:30)
  • Conditions:
    • Timed battle
    • You constantly take minor damage
    • The enemy (:ultcorrinf:) starts the battle with Death’s Scythe
Roxas.png 7. Roxas (KINGDOM HEARTS II)

Type: Primary (Neutral)
Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Critical-Health Final Smash ↑
  • Stage: Kalos Pokemon League Ω
  • Music: Mother 3 Love Theme
  • Match: Stamina (130HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash when badly damaged
    • The enemy starts the battle with Death’s Scythe
Xion.png 8. Xion (KINGDOM HEARTS: 358/2 Days)

Cost: ⬡⬡
Effect: Ice Floor Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: Metal Sora
  • Stage: :eldin: Ω
  • Music: Midna's Lament
  • Hazard: Ice Floor
  • Conditions:
    • The floor is frozen
    • The enemy is metal
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts).png 9. Aqua (KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep)

Type: Support (Shield)
Effect: Floaty Jumps
  • Puppet Fighter: Lucina (default)
  • Stage: Hollow Bastion Ω
  • Music: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~
  • Hazard: Low Gravity
  • Conditions:
    • Gravity is reduced
    • The enemy heals by shielding attacks
Terra.png 10. Terra (KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep)

Class: ★
Effect: Enhanceable at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultmetaknight: (Color 7)
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley Ω
  • Music: Edge of Adversity
  • Match: Stamina (150HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle
      • The enemy’s attack power increases significantly when badly damaged
        [*]The enemy turns gold when badly damaged
Lingering Will.png
Lingering Will (KINGDOM HEARTS II Final Mix)

Class: ★★★★
Effect: Weapon Attack & Move Speed ↑
Ventus.png 11. Ventus (KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep)

Effect: Trade-Off Speed ↑
  • Stage: Kalos Pokemon League Ω
  • Music: Knight of the Wind
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy’s speed increases when badly damaged
    • The enemy’s Final Smash meter charges quickly
Master Xehanort.png 12. Master Xehanort (KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep)

Class: ★★★★
Type: Support (Neutral)
Cost: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Double Final Smash
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultganondorf: (Color 7) x13
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower Ω
  • Music: Final Destination - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Match: Timed (2:00)
  • Item: Timer
  • Hazard: Ice Floor
  • Conditions:
    • Timed battle
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The floor is frozen

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Perkilator’s spirit board wins this job. Now onto the next job…

Job #10: Submit A Kingdom Hearts Song List
For this job you need to submit a song list for kingdom hearts. There will be a limit of 35 songs. You don’t need to signify which are remixes unless you want to.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Music for Kingdom Hearts! I included some songs that were made for the Disney Worlds, but they can be easily separated from them, so I think they should still be allowed.
  1. Dearly Beloved (Melody of Memory Version)
  2. Simple and Clean (Remix)
  3. Dive to the Heart / Destati
  4. Night of Fate
  5. Traverse Town
  6. Go For It!
  7. Hollow Bastion
  8. Hollow Bastion (Remix)
  9. Scherzo Di Notte
  10. The 13th Struggle (Re:Mind Version)
  11. Castle Oblivion (Remix)
  12. Graceful Assassin / Scythe of Petals (Remix)
  13. Lazy Afternoons / Sinister Sundown (Remix)
  14. Fields of Honor
  15. Rowdy Rumble
  16. Darkness of the Unknown
  17. Rage Awakened
  18. Vector to the Heavens
  19. Critical Drive
  20. Radiant Garden
  21. Black Powder
  22. Keyblade Graveyard Horizon
  23. Wonder of Electron / No More Bugs!! (Remix)
  24. Dream Eaters (Remix)
  25. La Cloche
  26. L'Impeto Oscuro
  27. Daybreak Town Battle Theme
  28. Master of Masters
  29. Wave of Darkness I
  30. Don't Think Twice / Face My Fears (Remix)
  31. Toy Box Jam
  32. Swingin' Free
  33. Anti Aqua
  34. Rise of the Union
  35. Scala Ad Caelum

Top Bottom