• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let’s Make Fighter’s Pass 3: A Mini-Creation Thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
You left out PupNapoleon's as an option; I assume that was accidental. (I voted for Wario Wario Wario's, since I try to avoid voting for my own if there are other options that I like)
Oh sorry, yeah you’re right, I forgot about that spirit board. Here’s the correct strawpoll:

Just a message to everyone here: I’ve been accidentally making a couple of mistakes on this creation thread mostly because I’ve been running it at the same time as another thread so I kind of wasn’t paying as much attention as I should have to this thread. But from now on I’ll be sure to pay more attention and not make mistakes like those again. Thanks!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, the voting has closed and so the spirit list submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario wins! Now onto the next job…

Job #4: Submit a Crash Bandicoot song list
So the last part of Challenger Pack 12 we have to add is the music list so I want you to submit a list of music tracks. It has to be between 10 and 35 music tracks. I feel like 35 would be a good limit given Crash Bandicoot isn’t as known for music as something like Tekken but still has a good selection of songs. Try to think of whichever tracks would work better in smash and are more iconic when making your track list.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Remixes in bold
  1. N. Sanity Beach - Crash 1
  2. Tawna Bonus
  3. Hog Wild
  4. Dr. Neo Cortex
  5. Snow Go/Snow Biz - Crash 2
  6. Time Twister - Crash 3
  7. Dingodile
  8. The Future
  9. Lizards and Wizards - Wrath of Cortex
  10. N. Sanity Beach - Twinsanity
  11. Worm Chase
  12. Evil Twins
  13. Main Theme - Crash 4
  14. Food Run
  15. Deep Sea Driving - Nitro Kart
  16. Out of Time
  17. Koala Carnival - Nitro Fuelled

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Alright, the voting has closed and so the spirit list submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario wins! Now onto the next job…

Job #4: Submit a Crash Bandicoot song list
So the last part of Challenger Pack 12 we have to add is the music list so I want you to submit a list of music tracks. It has to be between 10 and 35 music tracks. I feel like 35 would be a good limit given Crash Bandicoot isn’t as known for music as something like Tekken but still has a good selection of songs. Try to think of whichever tracks would work better in smash and are more iconic when making your track list.
What about Mii Costumes?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
(I just realize the name autocorrected to “wario warrior wario” and I think that’s hilarious)

Anyways the music list of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario wins this job! Now, moving onto the next thing here…

Job #5: Submit a Mii Costume Wave
So for this job you have to submit a wave of mii costumes of around 4 to 6. They can be related to Crash Bandicoot or not, that’s your call. Remember, these will of course deconfirm fighters for this thread. Please submit the list of costumes and a bit about how they would look.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Crash Mii costume wave:
  1. Dr. Neo Cortex (Gunner)
  2. Tracer (Overwatch, Gunner)
  3. D.Va (Gunner)
  4. Bastion (Gunner, full mask)
  5. Tiffi (Candy Crush, Brawler, full mask)
  6. Hat Kid (Swordfighter, comes with "Train Rush" music track)
While AHIT is a very different type of 3D platformer, I felt its colourful cast and dark humour made it fit with Crash. I did want to include a CoD soldier and Crash Suit Guy, but the prior was rejected due to concerns with realistic guns and the latter was simply removed to make more space for Overwatch costumes

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #5

1. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot) (gunner)
2. Aku Aku mask (Crash Bandicoot) (anyone)
3. Spyro hat (Spyro the Dragon) (anyone)
4. Tracer (Overwatch) (gunner)
5. Genji (Overwatch) (swordsman)
6. Artanis (Starcraft) (swordsman with mask)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2. Aku Aku Mask (Head)
3. Uka Uka Mask (Head)
4. Spyro Hat (Head)
5. Arthas (Swordfighter)
6. Hat Kid (Swordfighter) (Comes with the Music track "Your Contract Has Expired")

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #5. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
  2. Tracer (Overwatch, Gunner)
  3. D.Va (Gunner)
  4. Bastion (Gunner, full mask)
  5. Tiffi (Candy Crush, Brawler, full mask)
  6. Hat Kid (Swordfighter, comes with "Train Rush" music track)
Perkilator Perkilator
  1. Crash Mascot Costume (Brawler)
  2. Aku Aku Mask (Universal) no pun intended
  3. Cortex (Gunner)
  4. Spyro Hat (Universal)
  5. Hat Kid (Swordfighter; comes with a new remix of Your Contract Has Expired)
Megadoomer Megadoomer
1. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot) (gunner)
2. Aku Aku mask (Crash Bandicoot) (anyone)
3. Spyro hat (Spyro the Dragon) (anyone)
4. Tracer (Overwatch) (gunner)
5. Genji (Overwatch) (swordsman)
6. Artanis (Starcraft) (swordsman with mask)
cashregister9 cashregister9
2. Aku Aku Mask (Head)
3. Uka Uka Mask (Head)
4. Spyro Hat (Head)
5. Arthas (Swordfighter)
6. Hat Kid (Swordfighter) (Comes with the Music track "Your Contract Has Expired")
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
1. Crash Mascot Costume (Brawler)
2. Aku Aku Mask (Headgear)
3. N. Tropy Costume (Swordfighter)
4. Spyro Hat (Headgear)
5. Pitfall Harry Costume (Gunner)
6. Freddy Fazbear Costume (Brawler) (comes with FNAF 6 - 240 Bits Per Mile [NEW REMIX] | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - FANMADE - YouTube )
My votes:
1. Megadoomer's
2. Perkilator's
3. Torgo the Bear's

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Cashregister's
2. Perkilator's
3. mine (Megadoomer's)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
It’s been over 24 hours so I think I’ll finish up this voting. Here are the results:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Perkilator Perkilator 9
Megadoomer Megadoomer 13
cashregister9 cashregister9 11
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear 1

And so the mii costumes wave of Megadoomer Megadoomer wins! Now I’m gonna move onto the alternate colours, and then we can we can move onto the last part of this challenger pack, the moveset. So…

Job #6: Submit a set of Alternate Colours for Crash Bandicoot
Just submit a list of all alternate colours that Crash Bandicoot would have. You don’t have to have a visual representation of the colours, just describe what the colours would look like and what they’re referencing. You’re allowed to make some of them alternate costumes if you feel it makes sense for the character.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 6

Crash alts

His default design would have his colors from CTR

Shiba crash

Blue Hyena Crash

Retro Crash

The last 4 alts turn him into Coco

Blue Coco

Purple Coco

Retro Coco

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The alternate costumes submitted by Perkilator Perkilator wins this job. Now we’re gonna finally move to the last part of the first challenger pack, Crash’s moveset!

Job #7: Submit a Moveset for Crash Bandicoot
Alright so this job will deal with Crash’s moveset. All you need to submit are his specials and his final smash, although you can submit other parts if you want to. If you’re working on a moveset and it’s taking a bit of time, please tell me so we can wait for you to finish your moveset.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh my god, finally!
Intro: Crash appears from a Time Twister portal and jumps into his fighting stance

Stance/Idle 1: His default idle animation from It’s About Time
Idle 2: Crash looks to either the left or the right
Idle 3: Crash looks to the screen and raises an eyebrow while smiling

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Crash 4: It’s About Time (default)
  2. Carbon Crash (grey)
  3. Coco (blue/pink)
  4. Dr. Neo Cortex (yellow/black)
  5. Aku Aku (brown)
  6. Crunch (red)
  7. Warped Warped Biker (alternate costume)
  8. PS1 Crash (orange)
Walk: His walk from It’s About Time
Run: His iconic run from the N. Sane Trilogy
Dash: The Crash Dash
Damage: Crash spins for a split second, in a manner similar to his death animation from the very first game
Jump: His iconic Jump and Double Jump
Crouch: His crouch from the N. Sane Trilogy

Normal Attacks
Jab: Crash's 1-2 combo from the Titans games (5%, small knockback), followed by a continuous spin attack (1% each hit), and a kick (3%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Crash turns around and does a backwards kick (7%, OK knockback).
Down+A: Crash does a slap along the ground (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Crash lunges his legs upwards (8%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandi-Copter; Crash turns sideways and spins in midair (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Crash does a spin kick similar to Coco's spin in Wrath of Cortex (5%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Crash does a pelvic thrust and kicks behind himself with both legs (8%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Crash does a quick spin with both arms in the air (9%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Crash does a Belly Flop (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback), possibly burying opponents on the ground

Dash Attack: Crash slides along the ground (7%, small knockback)
Edge Attack: A tiny TNT crate explodes under Crash and he flops up above the edge and back onto the stage (12%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Crash does a weak spin kick with both legs (7%, small knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Bandicoot Bounce; Crash springs himself forward (11%, OK knockback) and flips into a kick (8%, OK knockback); this propels Crash very far
Up+A: Crash frantically tries to get rid of a Nitro Crate, holding it up in the air (23%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Spin Slide; Crash does a powerful spin kick along the ground (18%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Crash grabs the opponent in the face
Pummel: Crash kisses the opponent (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Crash spins forward and throws the opponent (8%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Crash ducks as three boxes fall down on the opponent (3% each, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Crash spins backwards and throws the opponent (8%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Crash lifts up a Crystal, and its shine pushes the opponent back (10%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Spin
; Crash's most iconic move. Pressing B once performs a short, quick spin that reflects projectiles (11%, OK knockback). Mashing B turns into the Death Tornado Spin (19%, medium knockback); not only is it faster, it can help Crash glide a good distance.
B + Forwards : Wumpa Ball / Fruit Bazooka; when pressing B, Crash tosses a Wumpa Fruit that goes a somewhat short distance (6%, small knockback); he can even move backwards while pressing B, and keep throwing when B is still being pressed while standing still. When holding B, Crash takes out a bazooka that fires faster and stronger fruit by pressing either shield button (10%, OK knockback); he can aim by tilting up or down.
B + Up : TNT / Arrow Crate; Crash jumps off and drops a TNT Crate, which goes off in a small area after 3 seconds (20%, medium knockback). When a TNT Crate is already present, Crash instead jumps off a metal crate with an arrow that appears for a second; the jump height is doubled. In either case, Crash can move freely after using this special.
B + Down : Aku Aku; Crash Body Slams into an Aku Aku Crate, summoning Aku Aku (who can only appear once at a time); if Aku Aku is already present, Crash simply Belly Flops (5%, small knockback). Aku Aku reduces the damage Crash takes by ½ and prevents knockback, but disappears once Crash takes one hit.

Final Smash: Missed Boxes; Crash dons a golden Aku Aku mask and Crash Dashes into two opponents (8%). The opponent is then taken into a cutscene where hundreds of TNT and Nitro Crates piled on top of each other explode, and Crash runs away (52%, devastating knockback)

Gimmicks: N/A

However, Crash does have his famous death animations:
  • Whenever he falls down offscreen, his shoes fly up and fall back down
  • Whenever Crash loses a Stamina Battle for good, he appears as an angel (he also plays a didgeridoo when he dies from a Final Smash)
Taunts:
1: Crash does the first part of his victory dance
2: Crash does the second part of his victory dance
1+2: Crash performs the final part of his victory dance

Winposes:
1: "Yeee-HAW!" Crash squats for a second, and then performs his victory animation against bosses in the very first game
2: Crash’s victory animation from It's About Time
3: Crash's post-gem collecting animation from the first game

Applause: Endless boxes fall on top of Crash
Icon: The “C” symbol from the Titans games
Boxing Ring Title: N. Sane Marsupial
Star K.O.: https://youtu.be/kADARuk5sg4?t=15
Victory Music: A shortened version of the Time Twister theme
Kirby Hat: A replica Aku Aku mask

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fitting his 2-hit-KO precision platforming roots, Crash is somewhat of a slow fighter (not very slow, more below-average) with a light weight - however, his moves come out quickly and are very powerful. Crash also has some great mobility options in spite of his slow walking speed.

Neutral B: Spin

The spin is a simple single-hit move. It can reflect projectiles and keep Crash in the air.

Side B: Ultimate Sacred Fire

Crash hops into a CTR kart and rams forward. You can press the button again once the boost meter reaches full capacity (the boost meter follows Crash and uses the Nitro Kart design) to boost forwards, which makes you kart faster and more powerful. You can also jump out of the kart with your selected jump input and it will continue driving, but won't boost. Every time you boost you jump a bit in the kart depending on how hard you press the B button, which can allow Crash to get onto platforms while in the kart.

Down B: Belly Slam

Crash Belly Slams downwards. He is helpless until he lands. The more vertical distance Crash has fell the more impact the move will have, meaning more damage but more endlag.

Up B: Arrow Box

Crash jumps off a metal arrow box, which falls downwards and lingers for quite some time. You and your foes can continue to jump off of it until it unspawns. Crash can spawn two Arrow Boxes at a time, and he can place one atop the other to create a crushing trap.

Not going to do all the non-specials, but I'll say a small few:

Crash's forward throw is based on Humiliskate from Twinsanity
Crash's dash attack is his butt-slam from the Titans games.
Crash's jab is the punch-punch-uppercut from the Titans games. He can move slowly while using his jab, much like Steve.
Crash's up throw has Ika Ika throw the foe upwards. This is the only use of the Quantum Masks in his moveset however.
Crash's grab is a tether using the yoyo from Skylanders
Crash's down tilt is the slide kick.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright then I’m gonna give my own submission and then finish off this job
Neutral Special: Spin

See the source image

He quickly spins in place once which can deflect projectiles. He'll spin in place slightly longer if you hold the button.

Side Special: Wumpa Fruit Bazooka

See the source image

He quickly picks up his wumpa fruit bazooka and shoots out a piece of fruit directly forward. The fruit goes fast but it takes a bit of time to pull out and put the bazooka back in so this is a bit of a risky move. You can fire a few more pieces of fruit when it's out.

Up Special: Jet Pack
He flies upwards a bit on a jetpack. The jetpack moves him up quite a bit but is vulnerable and hard to control.

See the source image

Down Special: TNT Crate
See the source image

He places down a TNT crate which explodes after three seconds. It can explode at any time if opponents or you hit it.

Final Smash: Boulder
He charges forward wearing Aku Aku. This leads into a cinematic where he's running towards the screen from a boulder and the boulder hits the opponent(s)

Anyways, here’s the strawpoll for the movesets. Please vote for whichever moveset you think should be implemented and then we can move onto the next character!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay then, the moveset of Perkilator Perkilator wins this job! Now with that done, I think it’s time to finish up the Crash Bandicoot challenger pack. Now let’s move onto the next one…

Job #8: Submit A Character For Challenger Pack 13
Simply submit the character you think we should add for Challenger Pack 13. Submit a character, how they would work, and why they should be in Smash Ultimate.

It’s fine for your post to be a resubmission but I would prefer and would strongly reccomend submitting an original idea.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #8: Sora (re-submission)
View attachment 321963
Sora's been my most wanted since 2017, before Ultimate was even announced! There's plenty of content that originated from KH that could fill out a Challenger Pack, so without further ado:
Some of these videos are old, but they do give logical reasons both for and against Sora in Smash.
How fitting if this somehow happened.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Submit A Character For Challenger Pack 13

quote wiiware.png

Quote (Cave Story)

I have an entire Google Doc outlining everything Quote could bring to the table in both gameplay and accompanying content, so feel free to look at that for more in-depth ideas.

How would he work?

He'd be a zoner with potential for multiple unique projectile moves (options include, but are not limited to, a bouncing fireball, triple missiles, bubbles that envelop him, a wave that pierces through terrain, a throwable sword, and a chargeable laser). He could also potentially use disjointed melee attacks via the aforementioned sword.

He could also have an "experience bar" mechanic wherein landing attacks (or maybe collecting crystals he makes enemies drop?) causes him to fill the bar and go from Lv. 1 to Lv. 3, with his ranged attacks growing more powerful at higher levels; their behavior could even change slightly in certain cases. However, receiving damage would cause him to lose experience and potentially level down.

Why him?

I believe Quote is worthy of addition to Super Smash Bros. due to Cave Story’s significance in the sphere of indie games. It is largely considered “the quintessential indie game,” being the earliest indie game to achieve widespread acclaim (with the possible exception of Touhou, though that does not appear to have been a large influence on many games outside of those directly based on the series). While Minecraft has already taken the honor of being the first indie game in Smash (it may not be considered “indie” nowadays, but it certainly qualified for that description before being bought by Microsoft), Cave Story still seems to be a strong contender from a historical standpoint.

In addition to Cave Story’s historical significance, the game has had a decent history with Nintendo. The very first commercial version of the game was the WiiWare port, with Nintendo consoles playing host to four later versions (DSi, Cave Story 3D, 3DS eShop, and Nintendo Switch). In fact, Nintendo systems have been the only full video game consoles (as in, not multipurpose computers) to see official Cave Story ports.

Also, the game's music is really good (original, remastered; there's other official versions too) and there's an easy alternate skin in deuteragonist Curly Brace.

Top Bottom