• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Metroid Prime won't help at all with FPS's, since there is no recoil. And when you move, hunting rifle's crosshairs space out like none other, so good luck running/gunning.
Oh, yeah, I also played Halo once. I am deadly with a sniper rifle. Metroid Prime Hunters also has some sort of sniper rifle (look it up), and I use that a lot against bots, who have more of a brain than Zombies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Hunting rifle is a beast... Just not in vs. Spray and pray and auto shotty are the best in vs unless you're beating the piss outta the other team and decide to be ***** and play around on the last level. Then you just grab one and do run for dead. :D

Campaign it's great cause you can pick them off in maps like Dead Air where you're in the luggage pick up place... But when it's not bot special infected, it's way to fast paced for the rifle. Unless... Like I said you're ******* around because there's no way the other team can win even if they all survive and kill all the other team.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ok. As long as it's not one of the 8800 series, then you should be fine. theres something wrong with the way the game translates in the cards and after long amounts of game play, the game freezes.

Search me by moonyshine. IGT is girlfriend. :) I'll add you if you don't beat me to it.
I have a 8800GT and the game runs fine for me, on the release day I played L4D for more than 6 hours without any problems.

I'm planning on upgrading to a GTX 285 later this year. Apparently I could get 4870x2 for close to that price but space on my mobo and my power supply could be an issue but if I get another GTX285 later that'd be a big improvement according to the benchmarks.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I have 2 8800 gtx and after a while the game freezes and it loops a sound. But it only freezes on the last level of a game. Not during the first 4 levels. :/

The only reason I said all 8800's is because there are whole forums for this problem and it only seems to happen to people with this particular series. If it doesn't happen to you... Then count your blessing you lucky sob. :p

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Update released:

Versus Mode Changes

Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing

Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls

Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter

Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life

Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot

Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams

The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first

The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected

Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target

The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her

Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile

Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims

Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.

Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them

Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over

Server Changes

Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit the types of games that will start on their server. Default value is 'coop,versus'. Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those game types

General changes

Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when a living Survivor was still available

Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying would give more than the max primary ammo on restart

Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during level transition if voice_vox was set to 1

The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping

GameUI

Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the preference to match to games according to the player progressing through all campaigns

Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam Group games list

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The cake is real in this case. Amazing.

I'm glad the Smoker is getting buffed. It's hard enough to hit at the right time with the smoker, but then when you take lag into account =_=

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thank God they fixed the tank problem where you could sit in a vent and avoid it, that was ridiculous.

EDIT: I just started up L4D and unlocked the lamb to slaughter achievement, anyone else see the same thing?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Um... I would believe both. But I only know them as PC. I am so glad that I have never had a tank re-spawn after killing him. Gah.

And the smoker is now a badass thanks to that move to pull through common infected. Not that he wasn't before, it's just a lot easier to be one now. He needs a leather jacket. :p

I am sad though about my flaming hunters. I miss all my damage. :( Oh well, it still does more damage than regular.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think it was stupid that they got rid of the flaming Hunter damage. It encouraged high-risk, high-reward thinking.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Flaming hunters deal too much damage imo. I abuse the hell out of it on the 360 (I need to upgrade my comp's graphics card).

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It just meant that you had to be a better team. A flaming hunter is easier to see, therefore easier to melee off. It's not difficult. And if you got pounced by one you had to have a good team to get them off asap. It encouraged playing together to prevent using health too soon. Or using it at all. There is that little period of time when a hunter pounces before it actually starts doing damage when it hits you that is so easy to break when the hunter is a flamer.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The removal flaming Hunter damage and Tank parking is what really got me about this patch. The Boomer's bile explosion covering the y-axis was a long-overdue addition. I'm surprised Valve didn't implement it sooner.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, I just have to get an updated Graphics card and wait for St. Patricks day (At grandparents), before I'll get it, but I'm getting this Game, and that is FINAL!

I also claim hunting rifle, I'm good with rifles

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Reduced flaming hunter damage is good, 5 swipes = death? not fun.

No more tank parking? Blah.

Spife

Smash Master
uhhhh
"
The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first"
is the best thing

The reduced flaming hunter thing and the no tank parking is unncecessary at best. Hunters now NEED to pounce to do damage, high pouncing or flaming hunters is necessary. It's stupid. Normal hunters can be punched if you practice, flaming hunters just move slower, much slower. And you take damage while on fire.
No tank parking = one less option. Options are good in competition.

/rant

Sensai

Smash Master
I feel like they kinda mixed the order up, TBH. I have a problem with people simply leaving after they've played infected on the finales...it seems to me that the people who will win should be infected first so that the losing team has incentive to stay.

/shrugs

Spife

Smash Master
I feel like they kinda mixed the order up, TBH. I have a problem with people simply leaving after they've played infected on the finales...it seems to me that the people who will win should be infected first so that the losing team has incentive to stay.

/shrugs
But infected have the advantage. This was a problem on game battles, now it's solved.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The reduced flaming hunter thing and the no tank parking is unncecessary at best. Hunters now NEED to pounce to do damage, high pouncing or flaming hunters is necessary. It's stupid.
I know! It's also stupid that smokers need to grab someone to do damage and that boomers have to puke to damage! How ridiculous!

Puddin

Smash Lord
I know! It's also stupid that smokers need to grab someone to do damage and that boomers have to puke to damage! How ridiculous!
Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk. I don't have to worry because the 360 didn't get the last patch until weeks after the PC got it, but does that mean I have to wait longer for Survival Mode as well? Maybe if they balanced how fast Flaming Hunters lost health to how fast they deal damage while pouncing it wouldn't be such a problem.

Spife

Smash Master
They don't, and neither does the hunter. Mic have you even played thisgame? Like for rizzle loloz

-.- The scratch was another option. Options are good. Now it's not (really). Now pouncing is where it's at. Now flaming pouncing is good. Wait, flaming pouncing was good. Mic, what's your team name on gamebattles?

Maybe if they balanced how fast Flaming Hunters lost health to how fast they deal damage while pouncing it wouldn't be such a problem.
Unneeded. Personally, and I"m not trying to boast, I have eyes on the backs of everyones head. A hunter getting a few swipes in is rare on my team. Get good team mates who stick together and aren't **** ups and hunter pounces aren't very effective. So then you can scra-lol owait.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk. I don't have to worry because the 360 didn't get the last patch until weeks after the PC got it, but does that mean I have to wait longer for Survival Mode as well?
Nah, Valve is holding back the Pc release so it can be on both at the same time.

Ahh, you just have to love the different graffiti

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Charizard92: Good, haha. I just feel sorry for ya, mate; you seem to really like the game and you're just now getting to play it.

@ Spife: I'm not sure that they're patching/'fixing' things for just the competitive community: remember, there are pubs as well.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well I have to wait even longer anyway. For now, I need to fix some lag problems (noted with Portal, which mostly involve movement), so it will take some time before I'm on the servers.

Edit: My dad got me a new Graphic card (better than preferred!), but he has to test to see if it fits. On a better note, I GOT A WORKING MIC! Now I just need to figure out the controls. (W is forward, A and D are left and Right respectively, Ctrl is crouch [I ain't strafling when crouched. I have to use my Pinky and index finger to press both buttons simultaneously (quite painful, I know, I have been doing so in Portal)], R is reload, and F is flashlight. Lclick is fire, Rclick is melee, midclick is scope, and the wheel is the weapon switch. So how do you get on and climb a ladder? and how do you get the mic on?)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well I have to wait even longer anyway. For now, I need to fix some lag problems (noted with Portal, which mostly involve movement), so it will take some time before I'm on the servers.

Edit: My dad got me a new Graphic card (better than preferred!), but he has to test to see if it fits. On a better note, I GOT A WORKING MIC! Now I just need to figure out the controls. (W is forward, A and D are left and Right respectively, Ctrl is crouch [I ain't strafling when crouched. I have to use my Pinky and index finger to press both buttons simultaneously (quite painful, I know, I have been doing so in Portal)], R is reload, and F is flashlight. Lclick is fire, Rclick is melee, midclick is scope, and the wheel is the weapon switch. So how do you get on and climb a ladder? and how do you get the mic on?)
Ladders you just walk up to them and keep pressing w.

You have to go into your multiplayer settings to do it.

What's your steam name? I'll help you out later if no one else has by now.

Actually, when you scroll through weapons, and you use one after another, if you hit Q it will auto switch. The thing is it auto switches with whatever you had in your hand before what you had now, but it is a whole lot faster than scrolling.

S is backwards, and when you do a corner with people, make sure to crouch, hold s, and hold your right mouse button. If you run out of bullets, start meleeing and it will auto reload while you're meleeing. Saves time.

The rest of it will come naturally. :)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I got it, I beat No mercy, and I nearly got the Safety first Achievement too (CPU Louis accidentally burned me and Cpu Bill in the Subway [I was Zoey {Don't make me go through a long winded speech}]). Anyway, I am, in fact, good with the hunting rifle. The rate of movement isn't that great (Must get in Graphics card), so caution.

Spife

Smash Master
@ Spife: I'm not sure that they're patching/'fixing' things for just the competitive community: remember, there are pubs as well.
I'm sure they're not, I'm just saying from a competitive stand point, to say "the hunters should only use their primary for damage" is scrub logic. I probably just strawmanned but what ever.

lol he straw manned me first, I wasn't saying it's dumb that they need to pounce, I was saying that it's dumb that they're only viable means of doing damage is getting nerfed (again).

Top Bottom