• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I got it, I beat No mercy, and I nearly got the Safety first Achievement too (CPU Louis accidentally burned me and Cpu Bill in the Subway [I was Zoey {Don't make me go through a long winded speech}]). Anyway, I am, in fact, good with the hunting rifle. The rate of movement isn't that great (Must get in Graphics card), so caution.
I was supposed to get that achievement so many times I've lost count, I've accepted that there's a bug preventing me from getting it so I'll have to do without it.

Also, did anyone else lose the achievement "outbreak"? I seemed to have lost mine but I got it shortly after playing versus again.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I was supposed to get that achievement so many times I've lost count, I've accepted that there's a bug preventing me from getting it so I'll have to do without it.

Also, did anyone else lose the achievement "outbreak"? I seemed to have lost mine but I got it shortly after playing versus again.
I lost mine but immediately got it back from a boomer.

finalark

SNORLAX
A friend of mine bought the game, being a Valve fan I couldn't wait to try it. Man was that game awesome. I wish I owned a 360 or had a PC that could run it. Oh well, it'll come out on the PS3 one of these days.

Charizard92

Smash Champion

Unlikely, and because I'm not going to play versus (I don't really want to play the infected, don't ask why).

Oh, and I can count how many tries it took me, only 3 (I started a campaign and accidentally shot someone, so I tried again and succeed. WHOH-HOH!!!!). I finally got the achievement that I was aiming for the whole time.

Oh yeah, by the way, I take a "run like hell" approach to tanks, so (unless in an open area, where there is space to maneuver) I won't be of the MOST help, but I am better than nothing/dead weight.

Oh, and the same applied to witches, and in both of my full runs, one conveniently placed witch has cost the "do not disturb" achievement (1st run, in a small mandatory tunnel in the sewers, and another nearby the ladder in the Finale [I managed to sneak past that one])

Spife

Smash Master
What is everyones favorite map for versus? I just cant get into doing versus on Blood Harvest.
Playing on the 360, it was BH (gurilla tactics were fun). I'm sure it would still be blood harvest but I miss them 10 scratch. Now it's NM because I know it best and high pounces are easy to find....
>_>

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Unlikely, and because I'm not going to play versus (I don't really want to play the infected, don't ask why).

Oh, and I can count how many tries it took me, only 3 (I started a campaign and accidentally shot someone, so I tried again and succeed. WHOH-HOH!!!!). I finally got the achievement that I was aiming for the whole time.

Oh yeah, by the way, I take a "run like hell" approach to tanks, so (unless in an open area, where there is space to maneuver) I won't be of the MOST help, but I am better than nothing/dead weight.

Oh, and the same applied to witches, and in both of my full runs, one conveniently placed witch has cost the "do not disturb" achievement (1st run, in a small mandatory tunnel in the sewers, and another nearby the ladder in the Finale [I managed to sneak past that one])
When I said "I was supposed to get the achievement" I meant as in there were 0 friendly fire incidents on the credits, I actually went through a campaign on easy just meleeing everything and letting the bots kill the witches and tanks to see if I had accidentally shot someone before but that didn't work. The only thing I haven't tried was getting it online.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
When I said "I was supposed to get the achievement" I meant as in there were 0 friendly fire incidents on the credits, I actually went through a campaign on easy just meleeing everything and letting the bots kill the witches and tanks to see if I had accidentally shot someone before but that didn't work. The only thing I haven't tried was getting it online.
I understand. The first time, I was giped by the computer (I already elaborated on this), the second, I accidentally shot someone, and finally, I got it. I typically use the hunting rifle, and because of so I typically hold the "most accurate" record, and sometimes, the "most headshots". I managed to get the jump shot achievement (headshot a flying hunter) by pure luck, all the others, not so much.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dunno about the 360 version, but with PC, you have to have steam connected to the net to earn achievements (so say for example, you play it on your laptop and you're not connected to the net, you can't earn achievements.)

Spife

Smash Master
Dunno about the 360 version, but with PC, you have to have steam connected to the net to earn achievements (so say for example, you play it on your laptop and you're not connected to the net, you can't earn achievements.)
We can get them offline but some are bugged and you don't always get it iirc. I've heard stories of people not getting achievements on easy mode too. Heck, I got untouchable (I think, the one where no one is downed the ENTIRE campaign) after getting downed twice in the finale of a versus mode.

Spife

Smash Master
Yeah, and I got hero closet after getting pulled out of a closet.
haha any other stories of messed up achievements? I don't think I have any other ones. It was nice getting the "no one downed" or "no one take any damage" (I think that was it) achievement after getting downed once or twice in a random quick game.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't know what kind of messed up achievements you guys are talking about, but I'm very proud to say that 53,595 zombies now lie dead (or redead...) in my destructive wake.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I always play with Steam on, just not with other people in campaign. I can just imagine how many times I'd get shot.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Let's see, I got the jump shot by pure luck, Tankbusters was also pure luck, as I just found the tank with it's back to me and the CPU gained up on it, I got hero closet after getting out of a closet, and that's all I can come up with.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Lamb 2 Slaughter used to be the buggiest achievement. If someone got it on the server you were on (even if you didn't), it'd give you the achievement on your in-game page, but not your Steam profile.

Valve attempted to fix it by giving the Lamb 2 Slaughter achievement to whoever had it on their in-game page the next time achievements were counted. Free achievement for me~

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Lamb 2 Slaughter used to be the buggiest achievement. If someone got it on the server you were on (even if you didn't), it'd give you the achievement on your in-game page, but not your Steam profile.

Valve attempted to fix it by giving the Lamb 2 Slaughter achievement to whoever had it on their in-game page the next time achievements were counted. Free achievement for me~
So that's what happened...

Spife

Smash Master
speaking of Cr0wned, can anyone crown 100%? I Know I can't :)
I run machiney guns though >.>
/johns

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
speaking of Cr0wned, can anyone crown 100%? I Know I can't :)
I run machiney guns though >.>
/johns
I only miss crowns if i have to go up from behind. i prefer crowning from the front since she leans forward and you can get the barrel right up against her head.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow, haven't seen anyone like Crowning from the front. I can do it about 90% of the time, the other 10% when I absolutely have to do it from the front.

And of buggy achievements...I have completed at least 2 campaigns on Expert, neither of which show up, and I have done Akimbo Assassin at _least_ 4 times...and I have yet to get it.

Spife

Smash Master
Man I love that no tank parking. It makes this soooo much easier. Best fix so far.
This is hax. What is the fix anyway?
I'm highly dissapointed in the lack of tank play now, let alone this no tank parking thing.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
You can no longer park a tank somewhere. If you do give up control, it will automatically start coming after the survivors instead of just sitting there until they got close.

Spife

Smash Master
You can no longer park a tank somewhere. If you do give up control, it will automatically start coming after the survivors instead of just sitting there until they got close.
-_- I was afraid of that.
So before, in the old days, we could camp with the tank, or rush in.
Now, on the 360, as these neo-old days (what?) begins to end, we can run and hide the tank, or rush in.
Soon, in the neo-new days, we'll just have to rush in. I'll tell my grandchildren about camping by hitting logs and cars and they'll think I'm crazy.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
-You- can still hit logs and cars and what not, you just can't park a tank somewhere and then leave it as a surprise. =lus when you give AI over anyway it focused on one person till it was dead instead of going to everyone and taking off massive amounts of everyones damage. Plus the take now hits more than one person if they try and do the corner thing. No more moving from one person to one person even though they are all in the same corner. It's actually quite a nice fix.

Spife

Smash Master
-You- can still hit logs and cars and what not, you just can't park a tank somewhere and then leave it as a surprise. =lus when you give AI over anyway it focused on one person till it was dead instead of going to everyone and taking off massive amounts of everyones damage. Plus the take now hits more than one person if they try and do the corner thing. No more moving from one person to one person even though they are all in the same corner. It's actually quite a nice fix.
I forgot about the multi hit survivor buff. You can't still hit logs/cars and camp with them though. And who cares about what the tank does after dropping some one, the point is you got a random 5th attacker to clutch the other team down. 4 players vs 3 (cause one is downed by the tank) is pretty good odds.

No one does that corner thing against tanks these days anyway. It's a bad idea.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss.

*Is happy*

But I gotta wait a month?
Lame.

Oh well.

Mic, if I get through enough work tonight, I'll come on Steam tonight for some L4D if you wanna play : )

Spife

Smash Master
Well yeah, because now the tank hits everyone.
No I mean getting cornered is bad. Usually in the finales (more on BH though cause of the lack of space in the house) people will go find and light the tank on fire.
I play 360, so actually the tank doesn't hit everyone.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well pre-tank patch it's still better to group up in the corner by the weapons and just spam shotguns on the tank, drops faster than a sniped infected.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
And of buggy achievements...I have completed at least 2 campaigns on Expert, neither of which show up, and I have done Akimbo Assassin at _least_ 4 times...and I have yet to get it.[/QUOTE]

did you happen to use any pipe bombs or moltavs ?cause if you did its not gonna give you the akimbo assassin

"i didnt want my sig to pop up >_>"

Sensai

Smash Master
Nope, XtacyfalcoX. The first time, maybe used a molotov...but the last three times, not at all. Learned my lesson the first time so I decided to be hyper paranoid about it. Little good it did me. :-(

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Survival doesn't look as appealing to me (don't really like the idea of no chance of winning prospect), and I don't play vs, so I do not see this patch bringing anything new to me (unless they put in a new campaign in, that would be great).

Spife

Smash Master
Well pre-tank patch it's still better to group up in the corner by the weapons and just spam shotguns on the tank, drops faster than a sniped infected.
I still think the tank drops in like, 4 seconds from 3-4 auto shotties, but yeah, those were nice times.

4% APR

Smash Champion
anyone else been having server problems the last couple days? It's been crazy laggy for me

Puddin

Smash Lord
April 21st is a long time to wait...but is this a Patch or the DLC? What will this patch fix?

Top Bottom