• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Spife

Smash Master
Pounce damage caps at 25.
I saw a vid claiming 30 or 31, couldn't make out the number though.
I've heard some one clame 30 is the highest (do a 25 while on fire) but I'm not sure.

I just wish it killed, even if it did there are much better *strats* for that area. Or are those patched on the pc?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I could be mistaken. It's hard enough to hit people as a hunter half the time anyway. I have a tendency to hit everywhere but the person I'm aiming for... Including people I'm not. :p

Actually, the cap didn't used to be 25, and if you play on higher than normal then there isn't a cap. The patch added the cap of 25 and my pounce was at the beginning of the game, it is very possible that you could have pounced more than 25.

This:
Doesn't Kill (I hit it last night, it's just a 25 point pounce)
Which would also explain why this didn't work now.

Spife

Smash Master
how's the melee fatigue treating you PC players? :laugh:
I was called a *** (starts with an F) today for wishing a PC mod would come to console. GG.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Wtf? How'd that constitute being called a ***?

Its... annoying. I've accidently shot more people than I ever have before. :p But it's not so bad. Like I said, annoying. How about you XBL guys? :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I love it. MAkes more sense and is ore fun than just meleeing my way through zombies like a wood chipper. It's also caused me to be more careful with ammo and actually run out on occasion since I'm shooting more. Overall, a great move!

Spife

Smash Master
Uh cause I bought a valve game on a console I guess.

God I already run out of ammo.
We still enjoy our melee mod hax (just holding the left trigger). Has the need for team work gone up 100% with the change?

Gamebattles season just restarted and I think I'm going free agent. Woo.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Medkit Race as in running through spamming melee with it out? Those are hilariously fun to do with your friends in pubs.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sunova *****, logged on tonight to find that all my achievements have been wiped and I can't join any online. woo hoo. :mad088:

Nevermind, up and running, complete with achievements :088:

Spife

Smash Master
Medkit Race as in running through spamming melee with it out? Those are hilariously fun to do with your friends in pubs.
basically, I love killing special infected with a medkit. I'm still working on crowning a with with it >_> as well as being useful to the team when a tank has spawned....

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Soooo guys im back for spring break, you should all totally add me on steam.

steamid - Cornxnuts <-----Add this one

L4D IGN - Omega Red

you should all know im totally awesome. yeaahhh
Added you on Steam. Should come up as an invitation from Serris or Odyssey1319 (actual ID), I can't remember which.

Spife

Smash Master
I'll add you wh-
lol wait.

Actually I'm thinking of picking up a pc version of L4D, if I can find one for cheapskies, and if I had a job. I probably wont.

Spife

Smash Master
Actually, the mods you guys have are nice. But that would probably be the only reason. I'm not even sure if my laptop can run it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Actually, the mods you guys have are nice. But that would probably be the only reason. I'm not even sure if my laptop can run it.
I tried Left 4 Dead on the 360, first. Fell in love with it, then bought the PC version, because I lack an XBox.

Trust me, the PC version is far superior.

Spife

Smash Master
To be honest, it completely depends on the competitive appeal the PC version has. I think PC L4D on game battles is lacking horribly in terms of a thriving ladder, or at least a very active ladder for but the 360 L4D is doing great (judging from numbers from last season, our top team had over 100 games played as PC L4D top team had about 30-40)

If there are other competitive ladders that are better, do share, but looking at it competitively (albeit very narrow), 360's got the cheese. And I like cheese.

But no I know pc>console almost always...But what if I emulate a 360 and run L4D on that? Then who wins? :urg:

Edit: Tourny ******ry! I joined a new team, played a game last night and we won (first win for them too which is coo).
Highlights: we got one of their members to rage quit lol, and I yomi'd the hell out of a hunter. I'll post the vid but basically i was focused on the stairs and quick turned and melee'd while I was turning and clipped a hunter running in to scratch us. It shouldn't have happened (he was to far away tbh) but it was neat.
We're rank 43 now :3 Another game in under 2 hours and I'm getting hyped by doing math homework! **** YEAH!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
To be honest, it completely depends on the competitive appeal the PC version has. I think PC L4D on game battles is lacking horribly in terms of a thriving ladder, or at least a very active ladder for but the 360 L4D is doing great (judging from numbers from last season, our top team had over 100 games played as PC L4D top team had about 30-40)

If there are other competitive ladders that are better, do share, but looking at it competitively (albeit very narrow), 360's got the cheese. And I like cheese.

But no I know pc>console almost always...But what if I emulate a 360 and run L4D on that? Then who wins? :urg:

Edit: Tourny ******ry! I joined a new team, played a game last night and we won (first win for them too which is coo).
Highlights: we got one of their members to rage quit lol, and I yomi'd the hell out of a hunter. I'll post the vid but basically i was focused on the stairs and quick turned and melee'd while I was turning and clipped a hunter running in to scratch us. It shouldn't have happened (he was to far away tbh) but it was neat.
We're rank 43 now :3 Another game in under 2 hours and I'm getting hyped by doing math homework! **** YEAH!
This game was never meant to be played competitively. It's marketed entirely on the AI Director and its random spawns.

Spife

Smash Master
This game was never meant to be played competitively. It's marketed entirely on the AI Director and its random spawns.
tell that to all the probably 5000+ people playing this game on gamebattles just for the 360. GG.
Tell that to the two tournaments we've had.
Tell that to...Johnny.

besides, melee was never intended to be as good as it is for a competitive game, and brawl clearly wasn't meant/marketed as a competitive game.
Also, L4D started as a versus mode project.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If you ask me, people turning every game into a competitive game is ridiculous. All the competitive behavior kills the game for people just looking to have a good time. It's pretty annoying to join a game and have people trying to kick you because you're not sitting a corner spamming melee.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If you ask me, people turning every game into a competitive game is ridiculous. All the competitive behavior kills the game for people just looking to have a good time. It's pretty annoying to join a game and have people trying to kick you because you're not sitting a corner spamming melee.
I think this is true.

What Left4Dead needs is a split between competitive and non-competitive player groups when looking for games. This would make players from both worlds a lot more happier. (Actually, the 360 would do this anyway wouldn't it?).

I think one of the best ideas my friend came up with is a game filter that puts you into a game where all players have microphones.

Spife

Smash Master
I think this is true.

What Left4Dead needs is a split between competitive and non-competitive player groups when looking for games. This would make players from both worlds a lot more happier. (Actually, the 360 would do this anyway wouldn't it?).

I think one of the best ideas my friend came up with is a game filter that puts you into a game where all players have microphones.
This is just going to be a response to both quotes.

All true. I think no micers shouldn't get votes (same with guests). The problem I see with saying "hardcore" and "casual" is any squeeze *** is gonna say "Dood I da best at dis gaim i beet ledgndairy on haro so i da bessst" and go hardcore. Trust me, I've played enough MLG on halo3 to know that even though it's going to have the best "competition", it's still filled with no micers/idiots. Same applys for L4D, I played on a team with two kids under 12 and one of them thought we were invincible. We were trash and I knew it. I sucked back then too lol

Red that's a very funny thing to say considering where you are. I've been told to quit playing Link even though I'm just looking to have a good time. Besides, anyone taking a pub/friendly game seriously is dumb. I've done my fair share of kicks when playing with 2 other friends/teamates but only due to incompitence. L4D is a team based game. If I say "go right" and you go left, we clearly have a problem.
I still think L4D should have a social/non-social versus modes.

I'm very eh on "people who are just trying to have fun". I mean, it's fine, I have fun playing competitively. The thing is you can say this about any competitive game (including melee, where my good friend KevinM has told me numerous times to quit Link, I guess where I"m "eh" is that when you sit down to play to win, you do what you have to to win. Which I guess you shouldn't do a in a friendly, but friendlies and actual matches are so blurred in L4d cause there are no hardcore matches. So I guess my question do you is this: how many competitive L4D players have kicked you from a game? What is the percentage of games you've been kicked out of by competitive players (in relation to games you've played in)?
If it's anything under...50%, then competition hasn't really effected you (or this game). Keep in mind that casuals were the ones using the blocks (when you could do them), competitive players were making rules against them.
As I said, blending competitive players with casual (even in smash) will cause bad tastes in eachothers mouths. This is true in L4D and leads to kicking, in my experiences.

Also, had another game tonight, we clutched the ending. We thought we were f'ed cause they scored on NM2 (and downed us), they downed us on NM3 (they scored again, tank spawned in the warehouse for them, in the sewers for us, their tank spawned punching the forklift, warehouse =/= sewers -__-). Barely made a comeback NM4 and then NM5 happened.

/Obscene walls of text. I'm still livid. I dont' even know what that word means, that's how livid I am.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
liv⋅id
   /ˈlɪvɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [liv-id] Show IPA
–adjective
1. having a discolored, bluish appearance caused by a bruise, congestion of blood vessels, strangulation, etc., as the face, flesh, hands, or nails.
2. dull blue; dark, grayish-blue.
3. enraged; furiously angry: Willful stupidity makes me absolutely livid.
4. feeling or appearing strangulated because of strong emotion.
5. reddish or flushed.
6. deathly pale; pallid; ashen: Fear turned his cheeks livid for a moment.

:p

And I think that a split would be great. It's just so annoying because we play for real. And we aren't casual gamers... And it's really ****ing annoying when you play a round and all of a sudden you don't have a team to play because everyone raged.

Spife

Smash Master
liv⋅id
   /ˈlɪvɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [liv-id] Show IPA
–adjective
1. having a discolored, bluish appearance caused by a bruise, congestion of blood vessels, strangulation, etc., as the face, flesh, hands, or nails.
2. dull blue; dark, grayish-blue.
3. enraged; furiously angry: Willful stupidity makes me absolutely livid.
4. feeling or appearing strangulated because of strong emotion.
5. reddish or flushed.
6. deathly pale; pallid; ashen: Fear turned his cheeks livid for a moment.

:p

And I think that a split would be great. It's just so annoying because we play for real. And we aren't casual gamers... And it's really ****ing annoying when you play a round and all of a sudden you don't have a team to play because everyone raged.
Or you got a scrub and his friend so you can't kick cause they vote the same way (funny thing is they vote no cause they think they're good enough to stick around).

It's number 1, I think.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oh man, you might wanna have that checked out. They generally call that dying I think.

And yes! I mean, come on, look at the score board. If you're a good 500 points behind everyone else, maybe you're not up to par with the rest of the team. >_< That's why we always start our games friends only until all our friends come in, then we pub it. :) I R SMRATS!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol. The problem too is that L4D relies so heavily on team work because of the small number of players on each team.

The game is designed in such a way that it's nigh on impossible for a single player to carry a team of less skilled players. It's simply un-fun unless everyone is of reasonably equal skill levels.

It's not like say, CS: Source or TF2 where teams consist of much more than 4 people and you respawn after dying.

Spife

Smash Master
Eh I usually don't pay attention to score on infected cause it's depended on being in the right place at the right time and how incompitent the other team is (can't spellll). If you're spawned a hunter and high pounce and kill some one that's a lotta points, but what team lets you get away with that?

Vyse hits nails on heads. You can't power your team through things, it's very hard, and skill gaps (in competiton in general) are annoying.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Survival Mode is gonna be good for some lolz though.

Must take so long for Valve to play test something like that though.
And yet, it'll reach us, and we will no doubt find so many exploitable ways to survive as the survivors.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The only time you can, is if you're tank, or if you are playing a really incompetent team that does let you pounce, or separate them.

As a survivor it is impossible because if you have one that is just the **** and powers through everything, they then get attacked the first, and are aimed for, because the other team knows that without them, they have the rest of the players in the bag.

Sometimes I miss the concept of CS. Where it is 8 or so players on each side, or the fact that it is insta-spawn. Of course, that would take away the "life like" effect that it has... Minus the constant supply of ammo and the fact that a little gauze fixes zombie bites. :p At the same time, I have to admit I love the fact that they actually got a team game right. Where it is so dependent on everyone. That, to me, makes it more fun than if there was the possibility of being the best on a team and carrying everyone else. Just cause if you are the best, that gets tireing after so long and then you loose interest in the game.

Spife

Smash Master
Survival Mode is gonna be good for some lolz though.

Must take so long for Valve to play test something like that though.
And yet, it'll reach us, and we will no doubt find so many exploitable ways to survive as the survivors.
You mean the melee button?

That's what that patch is, before you could just mlee, now you'll need to work together and be like "i'll melee then you melee"

Ladybug

Smash Lord
And then I'll shoot you in the back by accident and then you shoot me in the back... And then you wait to melee the hunter off me... And then I team incap you. It'll be great! >_<

I'm actually not too upset. It did add a bigger team aspect and if we wanna get competitive good, then it was kinda needed. :)

I would love to be a tester on the survival mode. OMG... These are the reasons I go to school for what I go to school for. :D

Spife

Smash Master
the 21st will be really really interesting. Two new maps to play will be very nice.

Top Bottom