• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's 7:42 PM and I'm in the middle of Uni work, planning how I'm getting to a smashfest tommorow and wanting to play Left 4 Dead.

Spife

Smash Master
It's 7:42 PM and I'm in the middle of Uni work, planning how I'm getting to a smashfest tommorow and wanting to play Left 4 Dead.
funny, it's almost 6 am and i got class in 3 hours
dumb spife is dumb
not wanting to play l4d, very fulfilled right now. I'm gonna miss a lot of games with my team sat though :(

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I am so glad I have no Friday classes. I'm super sleeping in. Drunk rockband ftw. :D

This just sounds like a great weekend.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Hey, PC players, I'm trying to get people together for a couple of rounds of Dead Air and Death Toll in Versus mode, tonight. (Probably around 9:30 EST, or so.) Add me to your Steam list if you're insterested:

Odyssey1319

Puddin

Smash Lord
I wish my PC could run it...oh well, I finally got the Stomach Upset achievement by total accident last night during a Dead Air Campaign it felt good because I knew everyone on my team had gotten it as well. Yay.

Of course, soon after while I was attempting "Zombicidal Maniac" I died during the finale and lost the achievement. Has anyone ever heard any reports of an invisible tank? I couldn't see the tank until one of my teammates lit it on fire, of course by then it was right in front of me...I think it might have just been lag or something, my frame rate had been dropping throughout the entire campaign so there was obviously lag before that.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I've never heard of an invisible tank, but I have heard of just not being able to see stuff because of a bug or just really low ping. I once played where I couldn't see the green outlines of the survivors, on both sides... And where everything was pink. o.O So it might have just been a bad connection or a problem with the game that a restart would have fixed. Although when going for an achievement, you can't really restart. :p

Sorry you didn't get it. :( That sucks.

Spife

Smash Master
If you ask me, people turning every game into a competitive game is ridiculous. All the competitive behavior kills the game for people just looking to have a good time. It's pretty annoying to join a game and have people trying to kick you because you're not sitting a corner spamming melee.
I know it's a day old but topical to the game I'm in.

Just looking to have fun kills the game for people looking to have any sort of competition. When pubbies don't listen, is that not a problem?

Case in point? I got pounced, downed, and killed, durring which some one set off the witch (which I told them to leave it to me). GG.
*sighs*

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I was climbing the first ladder heading up to the roof of NM5, when I got clipped inside zombies while climbing, then the game teleported me into the abyss in the middle, falling to my death as my friends laughed. This ever happen to anyone here?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was climbing the first ladder heading up to the roof of NM5, when I got clipped inside zombies while climbing, then the game teleported me into the abyss in the middle, falling to my death as my friends laughed. This ever happen to anyone here?
I've seen a hunter teleported outside of the hospital during a Versus match...and an invisible Tank...well technically I didn't see it, because it was invisible, but I sure as hell knew there was a Tank around.

Edit: I always seem to get a kick out of the fact that thread starters will end up doing nothing more than that, starting the thread, otherwise they are nowhere to be seen (on this thread.)

Ravin

Smash Lord
<_<

If you guys want, My friend and I play Dead Air and Death Toll all the time on Versus... Im just waiting for the new campaigns to come out.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I played Death Toll last night. It was really weird playing something other than what I know like the back of my hand. I almost lost. >_< I can't wait for the 21st. :)

Ravin

Smash Lord
Rotation of infected.

If you do the crouch glitch for the hunters. It doesnt register a hunter.
The spawn of infected goes Smoker to Boomer, Boomer to Hunter, and Hunter to Smoker.

So natrually, this would explain why you get three hunters sometimes.

So, if you have your smoker and boomer willing go kill themselves a bunch of times, you will eventually get four hunters.

Works for Xbox and PC.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I've only gotten 4 hunters once, and the remaining survivors were already pounced on so we didn't get to attempt killing a group of 4 at once D:

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The best I've gotten is three and a smoker and killed a team that way. But never four hunters. That's a special infected dream come true. :)

4% APR

Smash Champion
I've played death toll on vs already and it was pretty good. Has anyone played dead air yet? I'm more excited for that

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just finished a match where we downed a whole team in one go on NM finale when they were coming up the ladder onto the roof.

3 hunters and a smoker. Beautiful.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've played death toll on vs already and it was pretty good. Has anyone played dead air yet? I'm more excited for that

Does this answer your question? :p

This was the Dead Air Versus game I ran that I mentioned earlier, but no one from SmashBoards wanted to play. Dead Air's got some pretty interesting kinks. You can get instant kills by pulling Survivors off the dumpster or the building just after it in The Crane.

4% APR

Smash Champion
yeah i bet the infected can do some crazy stuff there. You can feel free to message me if you want to play :)

Spife

Smash Master
Just finished a match where we downed a whole team in one go on NM finale when they were coming up the ladder onto the roof.

3 hunters and a smoker. Beautiful.
My team gets that opportunity a lot but we still **** it up, did you smoke he first guy and pounce the other 3?
I figure one got onto the roof the other 2 got pounced on the ladder yeah?

Ravin

Smash Lord
Ah, that would explain why there were so many grenades and health packs.
Well...

You figure The first mission you have to climb up a narrow bridge, ive found a 20 pounce spot on both side of the bridge, and plus smoke fall damage and boomer spot above. Narrow ledges are a no no for survivors.
Level two is the train yard, and you have to go over a narrow train which infected smoker can yank you down fairly easily back onto the other side, in which you have to run all the way back alone, which is great for a hunter to get you, forcing the whole team to backtrack, giving the boomer a chance to stall you more. Where the Smoker can pull you he has a pipe, meaning he can climb UP to change his poistion and do it again and again without ever really being seen. And even if you kill him the other teams can stall you until he respawns to do it again.

Dead Air isn't that bad. Its a lot more balanced then Death Toll.

Not to mention Death toll, the chances of you getting a tank off the bat are high.And the second mission "Pipes" there is water everywhere for the tank to put the fire out.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My team gets that opportunity a lot but we still **** it up, did you smoke he first guy and pounce the other 3?
I figure one got onto the roof the other 2 got pounced on the ladder yeah?
First they tried to throw a molotov (Dunno why they didn't use the second one, they cr0wned the witch below >.>) and hit the roof from the underside, they bumped each other while throwing.

They go up one by one.

Smoker pulled one first.
As they all got up, we pounced one by one.

They raged at each other because they didn't all go up at once, instead going up one by one.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Bad news, guys. Critic's Choice is being pushed back to May 5th, which may mean a delay in the downloadable content. There are also rumors floating around of the SDK release being postponed until after Critic's Choice is released.

GameStop
IGN

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oh no. I hate when they do stuff like this. If they wanted to do something like that, they should have put out the GOTY on the release date they promised for the DL content. I really don't want to write a letter... Worst part is, the stupid GOTYE is cheaper... And it comes with all the dl content! WTF?!?! *kicks stuff*

Puddin

Smash Lord
May 5th? That's only a couple of weeks, I'm sure we can wait if we have to, just leaves me some time to get more money for L4D DLC and the Fallout 3 Expansion (the one that makes the ending not suck.)

smashbot226

Smash Master
SERRIS GO DIE IN A FIRE.

Then leap on a Survivor for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I will screech with joy when I drag a Survivor through the metal detector during DA4 Versus.

All we need... is the flamethrower.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
ARgghghghghghgh back in Binghamton. And crappy bandwith along with it...but there may still be hope.

I played 2 vs's back to back, no lag/problems/complaintsfromotherplayersaboutconnectionsandstuff with bitlord runnin gin the background, downloading ~50-100mbps. So im wondering whether L4D really needs that much to run, or whether the bandwith at my house is uber. Anyways, I'll give it a try. Hope to see you guys on. Also, anyone want to organize a smashboards L4D tournament? Like, contestants from smashboards (and invited guests) only?

Also also, ever since the new patch (the one that put fatigue on melee) came out, whenever I load as an infected I must wait long periods of time for the initial spawn. Usually like 20 seconds. I have the 20 second counter while other teammates are ready to spawn. (they are see through glowy outlines) Anyone have this problem? This new thing is really pissing me off when I'm to be boomer on No Mercy Act II, and they just run past with no boom.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think it might be related to you joining a second or two after the map loads. I've had that happen only after a map change but not a side change.

Incidently, guess what my spray is. :3

Ravin

Smash Lord
Lol @ Grimer

Thats almost as good as my Richard Simmons Spray

Edit - They arnt releasing two new Campaign maps? It only says four versus maps and four campaign maps.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Yeesh, give 'em a chance Mic =P.

I used Tingle as a spray and people kept shooting it D:

Top Bottom