• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Neutral Stage

Foxy

Smash Master
DK64. The only two I really like are Dreamland and FD, but the rest are fine because I have seconds that I feel comfortable with to use instead of my mains.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
My bad, I just remembered you making a thread a while back about whether you needed to pick up a secondary, and I think at the time you decided you didn't, but I guess you've changed your mind (which is a good thing--the more characters you can play the better).
Hah, people remember me on these boards? I always felt like either no one took notice of me or just picked up on the really stupid threads I've started.

Anyway, I think what you're thinking of is when Scar told me to just stick with one character and I told him it was great advice. I definitely have to say he had a point there. Right now I'm focusing on my Marth because I'm not even good enough to start competing at real tournaments. But I've tried out nearly every character. The only characters I really refused to learn are the space animals.

I hate Fox.

Well, not anymore, really. That's just an ongoing joke for me. I actually love the Marth vs. Fox matchup now. It's really funny to gimp them at early percents. All the more reason for me to love Battlefield.

But yeah, I might pick up Falco. Out of the two I could see myself enjoying playing him. But I feel like I'd need to be on speed to play Fox.

I don't have the patience to learn waveshining anyway z_z;;

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
DK64 isn't neutral for singles, is it?

And I hate YS and BF. Ridiculously close edges on one, ridiculously stupid edges on the other.

PS's my favorite neutral. I like DL and FD, too.

I think PS would be better w/o transformations, though.

JFox

Smash Hero
Honestly, I like the neutrals. If I had to pick though-

I'm not a big fan of Yoshi's story. That stage is too small for a legit fight. You're constantly near the end of the level, and that cloud has never done anything good for me.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
FD, just because i don't play falcon well

Edit: The falcon comment was a joke, even though it's true, i don't play falcon well. But I don't like FD because it's lack of platforms eliminates dimensions of the game that I like to take into account when I play.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
yoshis story is my favorite stage. so fast paced. walljump and teching galore on crazy recovery tech sequences, its so fun.

i used to like fd until i started playing against a really good fox who ***** me so bad on that stage. i dont like FoD.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
FOD

i have a feeling this would be most peoples' choice.....a lot of people seem to dislike it....

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I'm a Peach main, and those platforms on FoD are just the funniest thing for me.

I like those +40% dsmashes that I get.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Are you kidding? Ganon ***** Marth on that stage. 4 tippers from 0 won't kill him but 2 Fairs will lol and his edgeguard on Marth is too good on that stage too

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't exactly hate PS but it has soo many features that convince me it should be a counter stage.

it's hard to see what's going on off stage and the plats get annoying during transformation.
not to mention the death pocket. (that i love as a peach main. lmao)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well it's a little better than getting icicle mountain. cuz we all know that's bowsers worst neutral stage

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well it would be fair if it weren't for that giant NPC in the background lmao

edit: didn't you know roy's stronger on fire based stages?

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, uh-oh, some people don't like FD (Zhu/Gabe). Why does everyone find that so weird? I'm glad people are questioning that stage.

I knew this thread would be good.

though*cough*it'sgettingtoocharacterspecific*cough*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This thread started off as an interesting idea, what with the whole tally and stuff and has ended in mindless spam and character specific bias.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This thread started off as an interesting idea, what with the whole tally and stuff and has ended in mindless spam and character specific bias.
How else should we decide what stages we don't like if not by which stages we do most poorly on? And that usually depends on the worst stages for your characters

Zjiin

Smash Master
How else should we decide what stages we don't like if not by which stages we do most poorly on? And that usually depends on the worst stages for your characters
Not if you are expressing an objective view on tournament neutrals and not just on one that best suits yourself.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Temple is such a neutral stage than pokefloats!

And yeah, I feel YS is really awesome Marth v Ganon. It's so awesome for both that it balances out. And if that's true (@Sybawave) about 4 tippers v 2 fairs, that still doesn't really matter. Marth has enough of a natural advantage regardless of stage that YS still makes for epic match.

Oh, and personal preference doesn't always depend on character. I have a friend who, no matter what character he's playing, always wants to go to DL64. I personally am kind of like that with PS. I like that stage with all characters.

On the same note, I'm not a fan of Battlefield, even if I'm playing Sheik or something. Nor am I a fan of YS, even if I'm playing Ganondorf, Marth, or Bowser. Yeah, you read that right. EVEN BOWSER. I will still pick YS because of the advantages that it gives those three characters, but as a personal choice, I won't like it.

Of course, that's getting kind of petty... whatever.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Not if you are expressing an objective view on tournament neutrals and not just on one that best suits yourself.
why would you dislike one if it doesn't suit you
unless we're making some argument about why/how a certain stage is BAD for tourny play or something, but the question was "Your least favorite neutral stage?"

Zjiin

Smash Master
why would you dislike one if it doesn't suit you
unless we're making some argument about why/how a certain stage is BAD for tourny play or something, but the question was "Your least favorite neutral stage?"
You're right, the question was one more targeted for opinions, but i think threads that are nothing but people disregarding everything but the opening post and replying with their two cents just to "hear themselves talk" is less contructive than a discussion on why some neutrals are bad/good/neutral.

Example:

"OP: who is the best character?

-reply1 "fox!"

-reply2 "marth, for sure"

-reply3 "i think DK>all"

etc..."

Pretty pointless, lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why are peach players such babies about YS? lol

i still say PS has the most issues for every char.
as far as off stage vision and sweetspotting.
death trap on the mountain version.
plats that disappear but stop you from running/rolling lol

i'm just gonna repeat this stuff every new page i guess.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I really like all the neutrals, except for battlefield. I wanna learn to love that stage, but I can't. It's so ugly, and those edges are the devil's work. >=[

Top Bottom