• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn from SK92's Falco here.

wangston

Smash Lord
So I was playing falco dittos with clowsui and he kept on missing the dair and i was smash DI with the C-stick and I kept on doing a fair and dieing. I'm not sure if smash di is that good of an idea, I guess you just need to read your opponent on whether they are going to dair or not.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
So I was playing falco dittos with clowsui and he kept on missing the dair and i was smash DI with the C-stick and I kept on doing a fair and dieing. I'm not sure if smash di is that good of an idea, I guess you just need to read your opponent on whether they are going to dair or not.
that's why even with the new discovery, opponents have a 50/50 chance of surviving this at best (im referring to the characters that would normally be 0-deathed).
not only must they SDI+tech correctly every time they get spiked, but they also have to predict whether falco will actually spike or just do an empty sh or SHAD. if the opponent predicts wrong (if he SDI's when falco didn't spike, or if he didn't SDI but falco actually spiked) then he dies regardless.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You can usually assume that a good falco player is going to dair. The only reason they wouldn't dair is if they knew you were going to smash DI.

In general I wouldn't bother smash DIing, I'd just play gay enough to not get grabbed until my damage was high enough.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
You can usually assume that a good falco player is going to dair. The only reason they wouldn't dair is if they knew you were going to smash DI.

In general I wouldn't bother smash DIing, I'd just play gay enough to not get grabbed until my damage was high enough.
not true. a "good" falco player will know to keep it unpredictable and mix up real dairs with empty sh's or SHAD's.
but yeah, avoiding the CG in the first place is the best option :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
not true. a "good" falco player will know to keep it unpredictable and mix up real dairs with empty sh's or SHAD's.
but yeah, avoiding the CG in the first place is the best option :)
I mean the reality is that MOST people can't pull off this smash DI thing, so it's worth going for the dair because if it doesnt succeed you have nothing to lose. Its worth hoping they dont tech it properly because you get a stock, and if they do tech it, so what?

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I mean the reality is that MOST people can't pull off this smash DI thing, so it's worth going for the dair because if it doesnt succeed you have nothing to lose. Its worth hoping they dont tech it properly because you get a stock, and if they do tech it, so what?
if you KNOW the opponent can tech it at a reasonably % of success was what i meant. of course when playing people who don't know/can't do it, do the normal spike.

OverLade

Smash Hero
if you KNOW the opponent can tech it at a reasonably % of success was what i meant. of course when playing people who don't know/can't do it, do the normal spike.
Is there anyone you know that is likey to tech the spike with a reasonable success rate? It's not worth the risk for probably 90% of the brawl population right now. Mabye later on in the metagame but nobodys gotten it down at this point. Thats what Im saying.

Or30

Smash Cadet
thanx we need more falco users up at the top. I'm tired of always playing mk's or snakes in the finals or semi finals in major tournaments.
DUUUDE I use Falco and I've seen Your falco on Youtube and I Think it's one of The Greatest Falco's (in your area) :laugh:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Man the loyalty for SK here is a lil too much, lol!

You better try to come to COT4 in Febuary. DannyKat is still planning on coming so you gotta SK. :D

finalstain

Smash Rookie
Yo SK, what should I do if I'm having trouble getting the KO? I can rack up the damage decently, but I often find it hard to hit with a kill move (like say, fsmash) since they always manage to avoid it. This is especially true when Im playing a super-safe and campy person.. I just cant seem to land that final strong move to finish off their stock.

Keitaro

What?! Lies!
:laugh: I hope ya'll keep it an option at least.

As for the cg spike or not spike, I think vs most people it's just best to spike unless you are sure they know how to DI to the stage correctly. I only know 1 Falco over here that knows how to do it so vs him I'll prolly not spike the first time then for most of the rest.

I can't wait to play that Falco :D

Chillin and D1 over here on the East Coast have never shown much tech-skill with Falco so I know if I face them I'll just spike.

What I also seem to notice is that if someone cg spike's you really far away from the ledge, it looks impossible to tech di or di to the stage. Does anyone else see this or do you think the DI was just messed up.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
:laugh: I hope ya'll keep it an option at least.

As for the cg spike or not spike, I think vs most people it's just best to spike unless you are sure they know how to DI to the stage correctly. I only know 1 Falco over here that knows how to do it so vs him I'll prolly not spike the first time then for most of the rest.

I can't wait to play that Falco :D

Chillin and D1 over here on the East Coast have never shown much tech-skill with Falco so I know if I face them I'll just spike.

What I also seem to notice is that if someone cg spike's you really far away from the ledge, it looks impossible to tech di or di to the stage. Does anyone else see this or do you think the DI was just messed up.
Who is he I wanna take him out.

>_>

Also on that last question it looks like maybe that only works on High %, and if you space it wrong. I don't think there's such a thing a teching a CG spike, but I'm probably wrong.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can't tell if sarcasm was being used Sir, please be more specific.
No sarcasm. The CG to spike can be tech'd against the edge. However, it requires you to SDI towards the stage at the moment of the spike's impact and then tech. This causes a battle of wits, if the spike isn't performed, then the opponent could Fair and fall to their demise. If they don't SDI and the spike connects, they get sent down to the abyss. SK92 dedicated a thread to it, look for it, I can't be bothered to look it up myself.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think it's impossible if you spike them too far from the edge. Mabye you should do some testing?

clowsui

Smash Legend
EVERY time I tried the spike vs. wangston I either buffered it wrong or it just wouldn't appear =( Sorry wangston
Also why does my CG fail against other Falco (walking) even if I do the walking buffer correctly? This is pissing me off, they escape at around 35% if I don't do that dash grab -__-

Keitaro

I think it's impossible if you spike them too far from the edge. Mabye you should do some testing?
Bleh, I'm too lazy and I don't have any decent Falcos near by to help me test it properly. I still may try to do so.

Good luck at COT4 (if you're still going).

Kick Mew2King's ***!
I was able to take off a match off M2K in tourney so I honestly think that SK has a decent chance at taking a set. M2K said Falco vs MK is even and whenever he says something is even that means he scared/has trouble with the matchup.

@ SK and DannyKat: Remember, if ya'll do decide to come, I have free housing for you two 5 mins away from the tourney :D

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I'm too lazy and I don't have any decent Falcos near by to help me test it properly. I still may try to do so.

I was able to take off a match off M2K in tourney so I honestly think that SK has a decent chance at taking a set. M2K said Falco vs MK is even and whenever he says something is even that means he scared/has trouble with the matchup.

@ SK and DannyKat: Remember, if ya'll do decide to come, I have free housing for you two 5 mins away from the tourney :D
still thinking... i never asked Sk actually...xD

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ohh SK.
As we know, SK is tha best falco on the west coast.
XD Funny stuff. Dannykat, when can I see ya again?

Top Bottom